Timelines For Democrat Disasters

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
John Hawkins offers:

20 Of The Most Embarrassing Moments In The History Of The Democrat Party
John Hawkins
Feb 23, 2013

20 Of The Most Embarrassing Moments In The History Of The Democrat Party - John Hawkins - [page]

The article opens with an astute observation by Jonah Goldberg:

For example, one will virtually never hear that the Palmer Raids, Prohibition, or American eugenics were thoroughly progressive phenomena. These are sins America itself must atone for. Meanwhile, real or alleged “conservative” misdeeds — say McCarthyism — are always the exclusive fault of conservatives and a sign of the policies they would repeat if given power. The only culpable mistake that liberals make is failing to fight “hard enough” for their principles. Liberals are never responsible for historic misdeeds because they feel no compulsion to defend the inherent goodness of America. Conservatives, meanwhile, not only take the blame for events not of their own making that they often worked the most assiduously against, but find themselves defending liberal misdeeds in order to defend America herself. -- Jonah Goldberg

I would suggest that liberals do not deny responsibility because they are proud of the things they do.

There’s no quarrel with any of Hawkins’ embarrassing moments for Democrats. I read them as time line disasters. I assume he had his own criterion; so here’s my own list of Democrat disasters:

The XVI Amendment (1913)
The XVII Amendment (1913)
The Federal Reserve (1913)
World War One (1917)
The Securities & Exchange Commission (1934)
The United Nations (1945)
Fairness Doctrine (1949 - 1987)
The War on Poverty (1964)
ACORN (1970)
Infanticide [Roe v. Wade] (1973)
Defeat in Vietnam engineered by the Left (1975)
Secretary of Education (1979)
The Branch Davidian Compound Massacre (1993)
Clinton Bombing Christians in the Balkans (1995) & (1999)
Breaching the Eligibility Clause (2008)
Diplomatic immunity in the US for INTERPOL (2009)
Death panels [Affordable Care Act] (2010)
The Arab Spring (2010)
New START Treaty (2011)

NO PRECISE DATES FOR THE FOLLOWING:

Class warfare
The Welfare State
Open-borders
Massive Illegal Immigration
Coerced charity
Funding a huge, permanent, parasite class
Funding environmental fraud(s)

There’s a whole lot more that I did not list because they require a bit of explanation. One Example: Americans forced to purchase whatever the government orders them to purchase.

DEMOCRAT PARTY’S WORK STILL IN PROGRESS

Abolish the US Constitution
Multiculturalism
Disarm law-abiding Americans
Amnesty for illegal aliens
Permanent open-borders
Ratify United Nations treaties
Surrender America’s sovereignty to global government
Give the United Nations taxing authority over the American people
A global welfare state

To editec: Almost! Why confused? Your one-liners leave a lot to be desired.

You're post don't really deserve much more. :cool:

To konradv: You must have a lot of time on your hands if you read my messages knowing beforehand you won’t like anything I say.

It's like like a car wreck. You know you won't be seeing anything good, but you just can't help yourself. I guess I wonder what new lies/fantasies you're going to come up with.

I guess I wonder what new lies/fantasies you're going to come up with.

To konradv: All of my messages are available. Quote the lies. Better yet quote just one lie in any of my posts —— not your OPINION of what is a lie, but proof it is a lie.

I guess I wonder what new lies/fantasies you're going to come up with.

To konradv: All of my messages are available. Quote the lies. Better yet quote just one lie in any of my posts —— not your OPINION of what is a lie, but proof it is a lie.

It's your characterization that differences in policy are attempts to destroy the nation. False on the face of it.

BTW, why are you such a clueless douchebag? If you're already quoting my message, what's the purpose of "To konradv"? My analysis of your posts stands. :cuckoo:

Last edited:
It's your characterization that differences in policy are attempts to destroy the nation. False on the face of it.

To konradv: Your OPINION is not proof of a deliberate lie.

BTW, why are you such a clueless douchebag? If you're already quoting my message, what's the purpose of "To konradv"?

To konradv: I’ll put your complaint in the File & Forget drawer along with responses from other libs complaining about bold text, the length of my messages, and calling their boy Hussein! Bottom line: My format is none of your business.

Incidentally, you are apparently addicted to reading my messages but you don’t have to respond.

My analysis of your posts stands.

To konradv: I’m shocked! I really thought you would change your opinion.

Weighing in from Texas, I can add the
Jim Crow laws and poll taxes* pushed and defended by Southern Democrats,
the destruction of Freedmen's Town by eminent domain to build public housing
that excluded blacks (national historic landmark to Civil Rights when it was de-segregated)
and the erection of the Federal Reserve facility over the site of removed burials of
nameless poor workers in potter's graves by the historic hospital demolished as well.

And also the downsizing of NASA and giving the shuttles to liberal states such as CA and NY while neglecting Houston as the historic base because of popularity politics.

*A Black Historian presented the key note presentation on the history of Democratic oppression of Black and how Houston was key in the battle for Civil Rights in the courts and legislation, so this isn't just white conservatives saying this to be against liberal Democrats.

The biggest contribution of the Democrat Party will be fixing this tragic record
by setting up a reparations system of investing in education, microlending and
business training to break the cycle of poverty, pay back taxpayers for corporate
abuse of govt resources, and creating a sustainable system of NOT depending on govt.

Currently Democrat leaders in key positions to turn this around are not all on the
same page, so I am pushing to get legal teams organized to petition for the funds
misused to destroy historic landmarks be refunded to purchase land to build a campus
that will focus on political equality through legal, financial and political education.

Fellow Democrats can either join in turning around this terrible tide or pretend like it wasn't their responsibility equally and let it keep going on bankrupting the country and economy.
Republicans also can sit there and complain, or can set an example of how independent business investors can set up better solutions directly than waiting on govt to vote on it.
We'll see who puts their money and preaching into real practice, and who just points fingers!

John Hawkins offers:

John Hawkins
Feb 23, 2013

20 Of The Most Embarrassing Moments In The History Of The Democrat Party - John Hawkins - [page]

For example, one will virtually never hear that the Palmer Raids, Prohibition, or American eugenics were thoroughly progressive phenomena. These are sins America itself must atone for. Meanwhile, real or alleged “conservative” misdeeds — say McCarthyism — are always the exclusive fault of conservatives and a sign of the policies they would repeat if given power. The only culpable mistake that liberals make is failing to fight “hard enough” for their principles. Liberals are never responsible for historic misdeeds because they feel no compulsion to defend the inherent goodness of America. Conservatives, meanwhile, not only take the blame for events not of their own making that they often worked the most assiduously against, but find themselves defending liberal misdeeds in order to defend America herself. -- Jonah Goldberg

I would suggest that liberals do not deny responsibility because they are proud of the things they do.

There’s no quarrel with any of Hawkins’ embarrassing moments for Democrats. I read them as time line disasters. I assume he had his own criterion; so here’s my own list of Democrat disasters:

The XVI Amendment (1913)
World War One (1917)
ACORN (1970)
The Arab Spring (2010)
New START Treaty (2011)

Class warfare
The Welfare State
Open-borders
Coerced charity

There’s a whole lot more that I did not list because they require a bit of explanation. One Example: Americans forced to purchase whatever the government orders them to purchase.

Multiculturalism
Permanent open-borders
A global welfare state

Re: Amnesty didn't Reagan and Bush do this twice?

and didn't Bush do the biggest handout with billions in vouchers and FEMA
aid that wasn't policed and may have been abused to commit crimes?

C'mon share some credit for national disasters and spread it around a little!

Re: Amnesty didn't Reagan and Bush do this twice?

To emilynghiem: Reagan made a deal with Democrats. After he signed the amnesty the Democrats did not keep their word.

Bush, McCain, and others tried to do another amnesty it 2007. They failed in part because the Reagan Amnesty deal showed that Democrats simply cannot be trusted.

and didn't Bush do the biggest handout with billions in vouchers and FEMA
aid that wasn't policed and may have been abused to commit crimes?

To emilynghiem: There’s always larceny whenever the federal government hands out somebody else’s money. If you doubt me listen to the sickening details in the three minute video at this link for one ripoff where no natural disaster was involved:

February 22, 2013
Report: Obama Ally Got $340 Million to Set Up Health Care Co-ops
By Richard Pollock, Watchdog Team - The Washington Examiner

Report: Obama Ally Got $340 Million to Set Up Health Care Co-ops | Sara Horowitz | Fox Nation

C'mon share some credit for national disasters and spread it around a little!

To emilynghiem: Why? Liberals are free to make their case in rebuttal.

Hyperpartisan lists are so fun to read.

To TheOldSchool: Hyper partisan would mean something if libs were prevented from posting their own lists.

What's the Democrat party?

To Dutch: I haven’t been asked that one in a long time.

Some years ago I refused to encourage the notion that the Democratic party represented democratic ideals. I’ve been calling it Democrat party ever since. Over the years I’ve heard public figures and media people say Democrat party.

Incidentally, my $100 Random House Unabridged Dictionary uses a lower case p for party. Some dictionaries use the upper case.

Last edited:
I'd add:
the criminal negligence of Pearl Harbor
The criminal mismanagement of the Korean Conflict
The criminal use of the CIA by JFK to train, feed, and equip a Cuban invasion army which they abandoned at the Bay of Pigs. You could add the president's quirky A.G. who thought his mission was to kill Castro.
LBJ's fake Gulf of Tonkin crisis that got us into Veitnam.

John Hawkins offers:

John Hawkins
Feb 23, 2013

The XVI Amendment (1913)
World War One (1917)
ACORN (1970)
The Arab Spring (2010)
New START Treaty (2011)

Class warfare
The Welfare State
Open-borders
Coerced charity

Multiculturalism
Permanent open-borders
A global welfare state

Sir, much like Joseph McCarthy your hyper partisanship may only serve to drive folks away from your cause. Consider the 50's WAS a very active time for the cold war and McCarthy made us look like dupes.

I will ask your beef with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Are you saying they are too strong or too weak?

I'd add:
The criminal use of the CIA by JFK to train, feed, and equip a Cuban invasion army which they abandoned at the Bay of Pigs. You could add the president's quirky A.G. who thought his mission was to kill Castro.

I don't understand. Are you saying we should not have been in Vietnam? I am on the fence. On one hand commie haters like the OP blame us on pulling out. On the other hippies didn't ever want us there. Me? Man, tough call. Hate to watch another domino fall or GET BLAMED FOR IT FALLING by the conservative press.

I could have lived with staying out of Nam I suppose. I applaud you for crossing the isle. Same with the Bay of Pigs and all that pointless Castro hate. Missile Crisis may have been necessary though.

I'd add:

I don't understand. Are you saying we should not have been in Vietnam? I am on the fence. On one hand commie haters like the OP blame us on pulling out. On the other hippies didn't ever want us there. Me? Man, tough call. Hate to watch another domino fall or GET BLAMED FOR IT FALLING by the conservative press.

I could have lived with staying out of Nam I suppose. I applaud you for crossing the isle. Same with the Bay of Pigs and all that pointless Castro hate. Missile Crisis may have been necessary though.

I'm saying that LBJ's "Tonkin Gulf Crisis" was faked. You make your own judgement about the War.

Forum List

Back