Time to short Stocks!

well I said way back in summer time that gold had not run its course at 1200...and saw it getting close to its adjusted all time high of 2000 and change.....so there!:eusa_shhh::lol:

I think anyone buying the 10 or 30 year Treasury bond with the intention of holding it to maturity risks getting slaughtered. Best of luck to those who do. It's return return-free risk!

I am now slightly net short after this afternoon after putting on some short positions, but the f****** longs bid the market up into the close.

I am not planning on holding to maturity.....

Bad news Zander. The dollar will crash, inflation will skyrocket, and Bernanke is ready with QE3. He's incompetent and delusional. See this.
Screwed Again: BAD NEWS

Well, that is what the herd is expecting..... Myself, I usually don't follow the herd. I go the other way. That is why I predict the dollar will rally, interest rates will fall, and deflation will counter any inflation real or imagined.

Best of luck following the herd.....:lol:

I find it funny that a "Time to short stocks" thread has been going on for a year or so.

When Zander decides to buy, that's when you short. Zander's going to get ripped in his long Treasury. If Bernanke isn't fired Treasuries will trade higher than 16%. The high rate in 1981 was 15.5% and debt was only $1 trillion then.

Really? I made over 10% on the long bond last year and am up around 3% since January of this year. I expect to book double digit gains again this year with very little risk.

As for shorting stocks - we have been going sideways since September when I started this thread. I am still bearish. I won't be buying until we see a strong correction.

Best of luck!

Last edited:
The Herd is sitting on cash & bonds to affraid to get back into the markets. The stocks trading volume is so low that the exchanges can't make money. Therefore they are consolidating & Germany is buying out the NYSE. Nothing but a few computers flash trading, unprofitable for the exchanges. There are very few citizens actually invested into commodities.

Well, that is what the herd is expecting..... Myself, I usually don't follow the herd. I go the other way. That is why I predict the dollar will rally, interest rates will fall, and deflation will counter any inflation real or imagined.

Best of luck following the herd.....:lol:
Since the US is the best of the worst among the G20 my bet is that both of you will be right at different points in the year so I'll keep hedging with structural leverage.

Today was exactly the kind of day that I expect the entire year to be like - Stocks dropped, the USD rallied, and bond yields fell.

Today was exactly the kind of day that I expect the entire year to be like - Stocks dropped, the USD rallied, and bond yields fell.

That is a given. In order to sell stocks you must buy dollars. The important question is what will investors trade these dollars for tomorrow? I think they will trade them in for commodities.

That is a given. In order to sell stocks you must buy dollars. The important question is what will investors trade these dollars for tomorrow? I think they will trade them in for commodities.

They will do what they've been doing - an ongoing flight to safety. Treasuries and gold.

Actually, the dollar didn't rally today. It was pretty flat. It rallied overseas until someone on the ECB intimated the ECB may raise interest rates soon.

As for today, I don't know if this is the beginning of the end. Last year, the recovery was beginning to accelerate when Greece flared up. Now, with the economy accelerating, the Middle East is flaring up. However, last year, the market crashed within days after QE ended. QE2 is still ongoing, and will be for three more months.

My guess is this is a much needed correction and consolidation of 5%-7%, but I may be wrong. I did sell some stuff today but bought a bit elsewhere.

Now is the time to stay calm and not panic with the turmoil in Libya.

Typical knee-jerk reaction sell-off on Tuesday

Now is the time to stay calm and not panic with the turmoil in Libya.

Typical knee-jerk reaction sell-off on Tuesday
Good advice.Keep an eye on the NZD too. It'll bottom soon. BUY then.
NZ is a highly productive nation. They'll bounce back quick just like Chile did last year.

It will not be time to sell Gold, Silver, Oil, or Farm Land until The Rabbi starts buying in. The Rabbi has been as out of phase as on could get with gold, dollars & stocks.

The Rabbi is wrong again. Gold, Silver, Oil, & Farm Land make new highs. How do you like me now!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3umaLe37-LE"]How do you like me now[/ame]

This big market dip is caused by the news of nuclear disaster in Japan.

All the nuclear power plant reactors that could "melt down" have been de-commissioned for over the past 30 years or have been updated to use a sub critical mass fuel just like this ones in Japan.

A nuclear meltdown is nearly impossible. All that happens in a partial "melt down" is that 1 or 2 fuel rods overheated and deformed. There is no way for white hot molten weapons grade uranium to spill out of the reactor confines to create a huge "Plutonium mushroom cloud".

There are no eyes on these reactors. All info comes from radiation monitoring away from these plants. The media is hyping this because of the lack of real time eyes on certain facts. Just because nobody can give the media definite answers, speculation & fantasy fill the news.

Buy stocks & commodities on this big dip.

Looking at power production on a risk reward basis there have been fewer deaths from nuclear energy than coal, oil, natural gas, hydro-electric.

This "dip" is caused in part by the Japanese traders selling paper to raise cash, look for a big jump in metals by Friday.
DYODD

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- U.S. stocks rallied Monday, with the Dow surging more than 200 points in a broad-based rally.

Investors were encouraged by progress in Japan's nuclear crisis and AT&T's $39 billion deal to acquire T-Mobile USA.

Email Print The Dow Jones industrial average (INDU) jumped 212 points, or 1.8%, the S&P 500 (SPX) index was up 21 points, or 1.6%; and Nasdaq Composite (COMP) gained 50 points, or 1.9%.

Market Report - Mar. 21, 2011 - CNNMoney.com

Forum List

Back