Time to put pressure on the GOP. . .

Which statement re the President is most accurate for you at this time?

• I hate President Trump and won't support anything he supports.

• I strongly dislike the President and will oppose his re-election.

• I don't hate the President but I oppose most or all of his agenda.

• I like the President but I oppose most or all of his agenda.

• I find the President unlikable at times but I support most or all of his agenda.

• I appreciate the President and I support most or all of his agenda.

• Other that I have explained in my post.

Results are only viewable after voting.
One item especially important to the President's immigration policy is a physical border wall in places where that could make a difference. His border patrol is pretty much 100% with him on that initiatives.

The Democrats are pretty much opposed to it.

Republicans, while a significant majority support it, are all over the map on that issue:
Republican Views on a Border Wall | Republican Views

The most disingenuous on all sides say that a border wall won't fix the problem. They won't acknowledge that the President has never said that it would but includes that, along with other immigration policy reforms, will significantly help.

I am with the President on that issue. I wish all others who also support that initiative would start pushing their elected representatives to get behind him on that.

The fact is that we don't need immigration reforms. A majority of voters see no need to change asylum laws for example. Trump is playing to his white supremacist base.
The lies you spiel are the reason Trump was elected. Think about it. Donald Trump was elected President of the United States. And he had his own agenda which was not extreme conservative. Progs however have a reduced amount of extremist judges. Calling voters names by political/journalists/entertainers and the like before the election! Giving questions to the corrupted candidate who did not even show up on election night to speak to her base showed you which she is. what is worse she knew more then two hours earlier that the race was lost but was trying to steal more votes in African American poverty areas to win close states. She has not even lost graciously. And none of you do.

Employment under 4%, the lowest in more than 60 years. Wages and incomes rising at a very good rate with millions of people having more full time permanent jobs that were difficult to come by in the Obama years. No the coal and steel industries haven't fully recovered from their decimation over the last 30 years, but the jobs are slowly coming back, and the decline has been stopped and in many case reversed.

President Trump is the only President in my lifetime who has been committed to making sure America CAN compete world wide instead of getting the left overs the last several Presidents have settled for.
The employment rate from Obama's time to now is less than 2 percentage points different.

It was the lowest ever in years under Obama, Trump just happens not to have screwed it up.

Yet, you are sucking the toe jams from his feet.

Have you no shame!?!??

Last edited:
One item especially important to the President's immigration policy is a physical border wall in places where that could make a difference. His border patrol is pretty much 100% with him on that initiatives.

Republicans, while a significant majority support it, are all over the map on that issue:

The most disingenuous on all sides say that a border wall won't fix the problem. They won't acknowledge that the President has never said that it would but includes that, along with other immigration policy reforms, will significantly help.

I am with the President on that issue. I wish all others who also support that initiative would start pushing their elected representatives to get behind him on that.

I don't like the idea of eminent domain being used to put up border wall. Everything I recall reading on the subject indicates that it would be used quite a lot to put up the wall.

I am not seeing that as being much, if any a problem.

Pressure? What kind of pressure? Nobody ever suggested putting pressure on Obama in eight freaking stagnant years so why put pressure on Trump midway in his first term when the economy is roaring?

I don't like the idea of eminent domain being used to put up border wall. Everything I recall reading on the subject indicates that it would be used quite a lot to put up the wall.

Do you mean you don't expect eminent domain to be used, or you don't think using it is a bad thing?

Do you mean you don't expect eminent domain to be used, or you don't think using it is a bad thing?

What I mean is that I have not heard it included in the arguments against the wall. I just haven't seen that it is that much of an issue.

What I mean is that I have not heard it included in the arguments against the wall. I just haven't seen that it is that much of an issue.

I've seen it brought up a time or two, but that doesn't matter as far as my opposition to it is concerned. I actually think it's unfortunate that many people, whether for or against the wall, don't seem to care whether or not the government will take the land from private owners to build the wall.

I've seen it brought up a time or two, but that doesn't matter as far as my opposition to it is concerned. I actually think it's unfortunate that many people, whether for or against the wall, don't seem to care whether or not the government will take the land from private owners to build the wall.

The problem of illegal immigration has to be solved in some way. If the government does not deal fairly and equitably with the land owners, I will join you in concern. But until we know that concern is warranted I will choose to have the President's back in securing the border.

I can't remember a single time when I personally was called racists from the 1990s to 2012. From 2012 on, I heard the race card being dropped against me and every one that dared to question anything Obama did, on a routine basis.

What did he do? He constantly trolled the right, and endlessly insinuated that everyone was racists. Calling everyone racists for 8 years could cause racial tensions to increase, is a shocker to you?

I can't remember a single time when I personally was called racists from the 1990s to 2012. From 2012 on, I heard the race card being dropped against me and every one that dared to question anything Obama did, on a routine basis.

So yeah, Obama is who stirred up racial tensions in this country.

I married a woman of another race... We had 2 children who are of mixed race... I like to think of myself as being open minded when it comes to matters of race... I married this woman in 1979... I had just DEROS'ed out of the U. S Army when I met my wife... The 3 years I spent in the Army, 2 1/2 of them was spent with one of the best men I have ever met in my life... We become fast friends as we arrived at our permanent duty stations within a couple of days of each other... We were assigned the same room in the barracks... Now boys and girls I am beige... I am not white, beige... Jimmy Massey was possibly the darkest colored man I had ever met... He was from west Texas, raised on a farm and he was disgustingly nice and polite... In short order we were as thick as thieves... Not once did we ever have an issue of race ever enter our relationship...
Like Andylusion I can never recall ever being called a racist... It just was never an issue with me... Not until basically the time frame that Andy mentions was I ever called a racist... The interesting thing about being called a racist it was always within the confines of political discussions... The word had turned into a weapon... I knew I wasn't a racist... I had lived my life reflecting on the individual and not the shell...
I believe what Andy said in his posts are accurate... pbo had stirred the proverbial pot of racial hash and was slinging it far and wide...

Hypothetically lets say I have a job interview in the city 20 minutes away from my domicile... I drive on public roads to get to my destination... I wonder just how much of the real estate that these roads I am driving on had to be acquired by eminent domain?

I am positive there are cases where eminent domain laws are abused... But I am guessing that the majority of eminent domain cases are for the public good...

Border Security is #1 case for the public good... We don't have an issue with hundreds of thousands of trying to cross the Canadian Border... If and when you have an problem, you identify and solve...

Biggest problem with the real estate along the southern border are with the cattle ranchers watering their herds in the Rio Grande... The Wall may hinder this issue, but I am quite sure some Rocket Surgeon will solve the problem...

Build The Wall...

What did he do? He constantly trolled the right, and endlessly insinuated that everyone was racists. Calling everyone racists for 8 years could cause racial tensions to increase, is a shocker to you?

I married a woman of another race... We had 2 children who are of mixed race... I like to think of myself as being open minded when it comes to matters of race... I married this woman in 1979... I had just DEROS'ed out of the U. S Army when I met my wife... The 3 years I spent in the Army, 2 1/2 of them was spent with one of the best men I have ever met in my life... We become fast friends as we arrived at our permanent duty stations within a couple of days of each other... We were assigned the same room in the barracks... Now boys and girls I am beige... I am not white, beige... Jimmy Massey was possibly the darkest colored man I had ever met... He was from west Texas, raised on a farm and he was disgustingly nice and polite... In short order we were as thick as thieves... Not once did we ever have an issue of race ever enter our relationship...
Like Andylusion I can never recall ever being called a racist... It just was never an issue with me... Not until basically the time frame that Andy mentions was I ever called a racist... The interesting thing about being called a racist it was always within the confines of political discussions... The word had turned into a weapon... I knew I wasn't a racist... I had lived my life reflecting on the individual and not the shell...
I believe what Andy said in his posts are accurate... pbo had stirred the proverbial pot of racial hash and was slinging it far and wide...

"I'm not racist. I have black friends."

The poverty gap and the wage gap are also the biggest it's ever been in the country's history.

How come Trumpettes don't talk about that?
black and hispanic unemployment is at an all time low. how come the left doesn't talk about that?

do you really need to ask such stupid questions?

I mainly support the president in his involuntary policy of NOT being Hillary Clinton.

We dodged a huge bullet. All else is gravy.

To impeach him for allegedly obstructing an investigation into something that is not a crime seems a bit coup-ish.

Understand this rather simple fact.
Obstructing the investigation in itself is a crime regardless of the investigation's findings.

And it hasn't stopped since then. That's why you have Jesse Smollett. You can't even find enough hate to attack, so you have to fake it up.

When I look across this entire forum, I see Jesse Smollett everywhere. Your post, is Jesse Smollet. This thread is Jesse Smollett. The entire Democrap party, is a giant Jesse Smollett party.
I'd like 3 instances of when President Obama trolled the right

3 instances of him insinuating that everyone was racist.

You said he was doing it constantly for 8 years, so this should be a piece of cake for you to come up with.

I'll be waiting.
first one:
OBAMA: We know what kind of campaign they’re going to run. They’re going to try to make you afraid. They’re going to try to make you afraid of me. (laughter) They’re gonna…. They’re going to say, ‘You know what, he’s — he’s — he’s young, inexperienced, and, uh, uh, he’s got a funny name. Did I mention he’s black? (cheers and applause) (Obama laughs) He’s got a feisty wife.

if the right isn't racist, why would it be an issue? he's already setting the tone for playing the race card as needed.

second one:

so now the right is a bunch of nazi sympathizers. he's playing off "good people on both sides" and fanning the lie that trump was talking about the white supremacists out there. i don't think think he believes it, but i do think he thinks YOU and others on the left WANT to believe it, so he uses it politically.

third:
https://nypost.com/2016/07/08/obama-should-stop-smearing-cops-by-calling-them-racist/
just generally calling all the police racist, even though many are black as well.

anything else i can do for you limited mind?

The poverty gap and the wage gap are also the biggest it's ever been in the country's history.

How come Trumpettes don't talk about that?
black and hispanic unemployment is at an all time low. how come the left doesn't talk about that?

do you really need to ask such stupid questions?

You mean it's slightly lower than and following the same trajectory it was on two years ago.

And it hasn't stopped since then. That's why you have Jesse Smollett. You can't even find enough hate to attack, so you have to fake it up.

When I look across this entire forum, I see Jesse Smollett everywhere. Your post, is Jesse Smollet. This thread is Jesse Smollett. The entire Democrap party, is a giant Jesse Smollett party.
I'd like 3 instances of when President Obama trolled the right

3 instances of him insinuating that everyone was racist.

You said he was doing it constantly for 8 years, so this should be a piece of cake for you to come up with.

I'll be waiting.

"The Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home. . . . What I think we know — separate and apart from this incident — is that there is a long history in their country of African-Americans and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately, and that’s just a fact."

"If Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, ‘We’re gonna punish our enemies and we’re gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us,’ if they don’t see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then I think it’s gonna be harder and that’s why I think it’s so important that people focus on voting on November 2." -clear race baiting

"It was usually an effective tactic, another one of those tricks I had learned: (White) People were satisfied so long as you were courteous and smiled and made no sudden moves. They were more than satisfied, they were relieved -- such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered young black man who didn't seem angry all the time." -more race baiting

"The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person..." - Yeah his grandmother wasn't racists, but she wasn't the typical white person. Clear race baiting.

"That's just how white folks will do you. It wasn't merely the cruelty involved; I was learning that black people could be mean and then some. It was a particular brand of arrogance, an obtuseness in otherwise sane people that brought forth our bitter laughter. It was as if whites didn't know that they were being cruel in the first place. Or at least thought you deserving of their scorn." -Yeah that's just how white folks do you.

"It is this world, a world where cruise ships throw away more food in a day than most residents of Port-au-Prince see in a year, where white folks' greed runs a world in need, apartheid in one hemisphere, apathy in another hemisphere...That's the world! On which hope sits!"

Obama routinely and consistently attacked people on race throughout his presidency.

After his speech on Ferguson, there were race riots.
After his speech on Castile, there was a guy in Texas shooting police.

This is the legacy of Obama. The Jesse Smollett legacy of Obama.

You said 3 examples? Just three? I found a dozen in under 3 minutes. What rock were you living under, that you don't know what Obama had been doing for 8 years?

yea, i found the 3 i found on the 1st half of the 1st page on duckduckgo. he's been playing the race card since he started running for office. there's no need to play the race card if you don't think that it will either give you a political advantage because you are relying on people NOT wanting to be branded or you believe it. either way you're pushing that narrative.

Understand this rather simple fact.
Obstructing the investigation in itself is a crime regardless of the investigation's findings.
Understand this:

No part of the investigation was obstructed.

Multiple (illegal) investigations were conducted.

The FULL Mueller investigation ran its course.

Mueller's team knew in less than a year neither Trump nor anyone associated with his team had colluded with Russia...especially in any way like Hillary's team and Obama agencies had.

Mueller and his team failed to prove guilt, as neither Trump nor anyone on his team were indicted or convicted for collusion and / or obstruction.

...and as snowflakes have repeatedly opined about Hillary, 'NO conviction' means NO crime committed'....or are they still insisting that rule only applies to Democrats?!

:p

The only concern I have is the continued rise in the country's debt. Neither party has shown an interest in that issue.
I would like to see more language regarding term limits on the Legislative Branch.
Otherwise Trump has my full support and will get my vote again.

The debt is worrying but the only President who ever balanced the America budget was Andrew Jackson back in the 1840's.

As long as we have a Congress that spends money like it grows on a tree no one will balance the budget.
Another good reason for those term limits.
Get the career elites out. All of them.

I can't really say that I can support term limits because so often we get rid of the devil we know and wind up with one far worse. I look at the amazing knowledge of people like Lindsay Graham, Jim Jordan, et al, how much their experience helps us in understanding what is going on, and how unwise it might be in putting inexperienced rookies in charge of issues most critical to the security and well being of the country. (And yes, I have had my issues with Lindsay in the past too, but I'll have to say he has been exemplary the last couple of years.)

I would far rather see us have a constitutional amendment that maybe allows more annual income for our elected representatives, but that would require them to pass no legislation of any kind that benefits any group or entity that does not benefit all, that would not allow them to dispense charity or grants of any kind. And all contracts would be put out for bids. Further they should pay into their own 401ks or IRAs and health plans--the same plans they force on the rest of us--and take those with them when they leave office with no government retirement after that.

Do that and it removes all incentive for dishonorable lobbying, or for anybody who is in office to benefit himself/herself to stay there or run for office at all. That would leave us with public servants who love America and work for the people again and I don't care how long they stick around.
I look at the amazing knowledge of people like Lindsay Graham, Jim Jordan, et al, how much their experience helps us in understanding what is going on, and how unwise it might be in putting inexperienced rookies in charge of issues most critical to the security and well being of the country.

Uuff!

LOL......:laugh:

Forum List

Back