Time To Limit Posters' Number Of Thread-Starter Posts?...

It seems like the same posters are posting thread-starter posts like 10-15 times per day. It's gotten out of control. It's become so repetitive and boring. It's really hurting the site. The site's beginning to lack diverse creativity. The same posters posting the same themed thread-starter posts over & over, has become excruciating.

Maybe the site can limit posters to like 3 or 4 thread-starter posts per week? I think it would promote some diverse creativity. It's always the same posters, posting the same themes over & over again. It's repetitive insanity. I think a limit would be a big relief to those who wanna enjoy some diversity. Anyway, i'm interested in hearing what others think on this. Thanks.

Haven't you started like 9 threads this week? Including something like 3 in one day?

If i did, it was too much. And i apologize for it. The limit on thread-starter posts should be 3-4 per week.

I think that many, many posters start too many threads. You are just one of them.

But I don't see any need to have USMB exercise parental control to prevent me from seeing them. I can just ignore the threads that are by posters who I don't think are worth reading or responding to.

As long as USMB makes an effort to control repetitive threads- I find 4 or 5 threads on the same basic subject the same day to be annoying. But they do make an effort there.

Well i disagree. And like i said, if i've posted too many thread-starter posts in the past, i do apologize. I think there needs to be a limit. Right now, just a couple of posters are hijacking entire forums with flooding insanity. 3-4 thread-starter posts per week seems reasonable to me. It'll open the site up to more creativity.

So you think restricting people will lead to more creativity?

Nothing stops anyone from starting a thread now. Nothing prevents any 'creativity'- hell looking at all of the whacko Conspiracy fantasy threads here, we have perhaps if anything too much 'creativity'.

Censorship does not inspire creativity.

It seems like the same posters are posting thread-starter posts like 10-15 times per day. It's gotten out of control. It's become so repetitive and boring. It's really hurting the site. The site's beginning to lack diverse creativity. The same posters posting the same themed thread-starter posts over & over, has become excruciating.

Maybe the site can limit posters to like 3 or 4 thread-starter posts per week? I think it would promote some diverse creativity. It's always the same posters, posting the same themes over & over again. It's repetitive insanity. I think a limit would be a big relief to those who wanna enjoy some diversity. Anyway, i'm interested in hearing what others think on this. Thanks.

Haven't you started like 9 threads this week? Including something like 3 in one day?

If i did, it was too much. And i apologize for it. The limit on thread-starter posts should be 3-4 per week.

I think that many, many posters start too many threads. You are just one of them.

But I don't see any need to have USMB exercise parental control to prevent me from seeing them. I can just ignore the threads that are by posters who I don't think are worth reading or responding to.

As long as USMB makes an effort to control repetitive threads- I find 4 or 5 threads on the same basic subject the same day to be annoying. But they do make an effort there.

Well i disagree. And like i said, if i've posted too many thread-starter posts in the past, i do apologize. I think there needs to be a limit. Right now, just a couple of posters are hijacking entire forums with flooding insanity. 3-4 thread-starter posts per week seems reasonable to me. It'll open the site up to more creativity.

Nothing stops anyone from starting a thread now. Nothing prevents any 'creativity'- hell looking at all of the whacko Conspiracy fantasy threads here, we have perhaps if anything too much 'creativity'.

It's not 'censorship.' It's merely controlling the massive flooding that's going on especially in the Politics Forum. I think a limit of 3-4 thread-starter posts per forum per week, is reasonable. It would promote more diversity and creativity on the Board. Folks wouldn't be forced to endure the couple of posters who hijack entire forums with massive flooding.

is there some reason that you are unable to just skip past those threads that are repetitive?
Those that do this will do it to push topics they dont want to see to the next page. For instance if someone posts a story that involves Donald Trump saving a handicap gay black muslim woman with no titties from some life threatening event while on his way to donate a billion dollars to the Make Mexico great Again fund, that is going to be pushed down pretty quickly because it does not fit their image of Trump that they are trying to build.
Its the nature of all online forums.

Last edited:
is there some reason that you are unable to just skip past those threads that are repetitive?
Those that do this will do it to push topics they dont want to see to the next page. For instance if someone posts a story that involves Donald Trump saving a handicap gay black muslim woman with no titties from some life threatening event while on his way to donate a billion dollars to the Make Mexico great Again fund, that is going to be pushed down pretty quickly because it does not fit their image of Trump that they are trying to build.

It's flooding. They continuously post repetitive thread-starter posts. A couple of posters here do it all day. You can go to the Politics Forum right now, and you'll see it's the same couple of posters just flooding away. I'm not gonna name names, but we all know who they are. They hijack the Forums.

I think placing some limits on number of thread-starter posts per poster per day or week, could ease the flooding. I also think creating an 'Anti-Trump' Forum would help as well. That way if the same-themed Anti-Trump posts become too numerous, USMB could move some of them to the Anti-Trump Forum. I'm just looking for ways to bring some diversity and creativity back to the site.

It's flooding. They continuously post repetitive thread-starter posts. A couple of posters here do it all day. You can go to the Politics Forum right now, and you'll see it's the same couple of posters just flooding away. I'm not gonna name names, but we all know who they are. They hijack the Forums.

I think placing some limits on number of thread-starter posts per poster per day or week, could ease the flooding. I also think creating an 'Anti-Trump' Forum would help as well. That way if the same-themed Anti-Trump posts become too numerous, USMB could move some of them to the Anti-Trump Forum. I'm just looking for ways to bring some diversity and creativity back to the site.
Dont get me wrong, I agree with you. Its why I almost never start new threads.
However you have to admit that on the rare occasions that they come up with something original, it does serve to entertain. and basically this is entertainment, nobody is going to change anyone elses mind on most subjects. Its just fun arguing.

Dont get me wrong, I agree with you. Its why I almost never start new threads.
However you have to admit that on the rare occasions that they come up with something original, it does serve to entertain. and basically this is entertainment, nobody is going to change anyone elses mind on most subjects. Its just fun arguing.

Good points. I think i'm narrowing down my suggestions to just proposing USMB create an 'Anti-Trump' Forum. If the 'I hate Trump' posts become too numerous, USMB could move a bunch to the Anti-Trump Forum. I think that's the best way to ease the flooding.

I'm at the point of begging now. Can someone please step up and take control? A poster posting 10-15 repetitive themed posts per day, is killing the site. Seriously, i'm begging anyone to take control. Some sort of limit on thread-starter posts could save the site.
ok. limits will be established thursday, or friday. believe me.

Sounds like you are unhappy with the way things are run here. Why stay?

I've said many times that i enjoy USMB. I'm making some suggestions in the hopes of improving the experience for all folks. A couple of posters shouldn't be allowed to hijack entire forums with repetitive insanity. There should be some limits.

This thread needs more foot-stomping and whining:
vlt.gif

It's not 'censorship.' It's merely controlling the massive flooding that's going on especially in the Politics Forum. I think a limit of 3-4 thread-starter posts per forum per week, is reasonable. It would promote more diversity and creativity on the Board. Folks wouldn't be forced to endure the couple of posters who hijack entire forums with massive flooding.
Buy a web site and have at it...

I've said many times that i enjoy USMB. I'm making some suggestions in the hopes of improving the experience for all folks. A couple of posters shouldn't be allowed to hijack entire forums with repetitive insanity. There should be some limits.
Notice the admin is ignoring you?

If the mods merged all the 'I hate X or Y' threads the politics section would only consist of two threads. lol

Just providing some feedback and suggestions. I'm sorry that upsets you so much. That wasn't my intention.

I don't know, maybe they're considering some of my suggestions. It may not necessarily be them 'ignoring' me.

I don't know, maybe they're considering some of my suggestions. It may not necessarily be them 'ignoring' me.
Oh yes they are....You're just to daft to admit it...

Just providing some feedback and suggestions. I'm sorry that upsets you so much. That wasn't my intention.
It upsets me as much as the others who have tried to dictate what a private enterprise should do...None what so evah...

If the mods merged all the 'I hate X or Y' threads the politics section would only consist of two threads. lol

That's why i've suggested USMB creating an 'Anti-Trump' Forum. If the 'I hate Trump' posts become too numerous, USMB could move a bunch to that Forum. They might be the best solution to the flooding problem.

Forum List

Back