Can USMB Consider Merging All The 'I Hate Donald Trump!' Posts Into Just A Couple?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dschrute3

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2016
It seems the Politics Forum especially, is being flooded massively with 'I Hate Donald Trump!' thread-starter posts. Could USMB consider merging all the same-themed Anti-Trump thread-starters into just a few posts?

I mean we get it, some folks really hate Donald Trump. So can we ease the flooding a bit? I really do enjoy USMB. I make this suggestion in the hopes of improving the site. The repetitive stuff makes the site come off as boring and uncreative. Anyway, thanks for possibly considering my suggestion.

avHnbUZ.gif

It seems the Politics Forum especially, is being flooded massively with 'I Hate Donald Trump!' thread-starter posts. Could USMB consider merging all the same-themed Anti-Trump thread-starters into just a few posts?

I mean we get it, some folks really hate Donald Trump. So can we ease the flooding a bit? I really do enjoy USMB. I make this suggestion in the hopes of improving the site. The repetitive stuff makes the site come off as boring and uncreative. Anyway, thanks for possibly considering my suggestion.
No.

Man if you go the Politics Forum right now, you'll see what i'm talking about. The several Anti-Trump thread-starters should be merged into just a couple. The flooding is so out of control.

I think i may have come up with a solution... Maybe create an 'Anti-Trump' Forum? Flooding there would be acceptable. But i would also suggest, Posters should be limited to 3-4 thread-starter posts per week. That would definitely ease the flooding problem.

It's just going to get worse as more and more people come to realize that Donald Trump as President was a horrible idea.

Man if you go the Politics Forum right now, you'll see what i'm talking about. The several Anti-Trump thread-starters should be merged into just a couple. The flooding is so out of control.

They were so swift to do so with the bitter hatred you guys had for Obama.

It's just going to get worse as more and more people come to realize that Donald Trump as President was a horrible idea.

That's fine. But the flooding insanity needs to be checked. We get the fact that some folks hate Donald Trump. But the numerous repetitive thread-starter posts really is hurting the site. It's becoming so boring and annoying. I'm even proposing creating an 'Anti-Trump' forum. I'm also proposing limiting posters to 3-4 thread-starter posts per week. I think that would ease the flooding a bit.

It's because Trump is so hateable. Apparently there aren't enough mods on to consolidate some of these identical threads, like the ones on Meryl Street dissing Trump and the ones on Golly It's Cold So Global Warming Doesn't Exist.
I'm guessing you're a conservative, so you aren't noticing all the repetitive boring threads from that end?

They were so swift to do so with the bitter hatred you guys had for Obama.

No, this is much worse. But i propose the same rules for all posters. Limit thread-starter posts to maybe 3-4 per poster per week. That would ease the flooding. But i'm also proposing an 'Anti-Trump' forum. That would help too.

But the numerous repetitive thread-starter posts really is hurting the site. It's becoming so boring and annoying.

If only there was some sort of way to log off and never return. If only...

:lol:

It's because Trump is so hateable. Apparently there aren't enough mods on to consolidate some of these identical threads, like the ones on Meryl Street dissing Trump and the ones on Golly It's Cold So Global Warming Doesn't Exist.
I'm guessing you're a conservative, so you aren't noticing all the repetitive boring threads from that end?

I don't mind folks expressing hate for Trump. But the flooding has gotten out of control. I think we need more merging of same-themed posts, and limiting Posters to maybe 3-4 thread-starter posts per forum, per week.

I think a mod needs to merge these threads that are whining about threads that need to be merged.
Take a look--a mod just started a Meryl Streep outrage thread ! Thread #bazillion and one this morning. LOL

I don't mind folks expressing hate for Trump. But the flooding has gotten out of control. I think we need more merging of same-themed posts, and limiting Posters to maybe 3-4 thread-starter posts per forum, per week.
Limiting OP's is not a bad idea, but I'm sure the software can't keep track of that. There was a Trump forum here around election time and all the libs were in there insulting him all the time. Is it gone?

I think i may have come up with a solution... Maybe create an 'Anti-Trump' Forum? Flooding there would be acceptable. But i would also suggest, Posters should be limited to 3-4 thread-starter posts per week. That would definitely ease the flooding problem.
Create a 'dumbass' forum. You could be the star attraction.

Well, i can see you're angry and combative. That wasn't the intent of my thread. So i'll move on from ya. Take care.

Limiting OP's is not a bad idea, but I'm sure the software can't keep track of that. There was a Trump forum here around election time and all the libs were in there insulting him all the time. Is it gone?

Yeah, i'm not proposing limiting reply posts. I'm only proposing limiting thread-starter posts. Each Poster should be limited to maybe 3-4 thread-starters per forum per week. I don't know about the forum you mentioned. I'll check it out. But an 'Anti-Trump' forum could ease the flooding problem.

Yeah, i'm not proposing limiting reply posts. I'm only proposing limiting thread-starter posts. Each Poster should be limited to maybe 3-4 thread-starters per forum per week. I don't know about the forum you mentioned. I'll check it out. But an 'Anti-Trump' forum could ease the flooding problem.
You seem to be kinda new here, so you don't realize yet that keeping anti-Trump sentiment (or anti-Obama sentiment) in a particular forum is impossible here. It doesn't matter what your thread starts as, it turns into a hate Trump or Obama thread. People aren't too smart, is all I can figure.

You seem to be kinda new here, so you don't realize yet that keeping anti-Trump sentiment (or anti-Obama sentiment) in a particular forum is impossible here. It doesn't matter what your thread starts as, it turns into a hate Trump or Obama thread. People aren't too smart, is all I can figure.

I hear ya, but it can be checked. More merging or moving and limiting posters to maybe 3 thread-starter posts per forum per week, would likely ease the flooding. And it would promote some diversity and creativity. Right now, the repetitive insanity is destroying the site. It's gotten to be so boring and annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back