Time To Limit Posters' Number Of Thread-Starter Posts?...

It seems like the same posters are posting thread-starter posts like 10-15 times per day. It's gotten out of control. It's become so repetitive and boring. It's really hurting the site. The site's beginning to lack diverse creativity. The same posters posting the same themed thread-starter posts over & over, has become excruciating.

Maybe the site can limit posters to like 3 or 4 thread-starter posts per week? I think it would promote some diverse creativity. It's always the same posters, posting the same themes over & over again. It's repetitive insanity. I think a limit would be a big relief to those who wanna enjoy some diversity. Anyway, i'm interested in hearing what others think on this. Thanks.
Been a noticeable lack of combining threads on same topic.....Don't need 50 faux hacking threads running

I made a topic post about trolling and they moved it. You need to control the bully baiting trolling flooding and off topic childs play otherwise that's all that ends up left when the normal discussions split and take other intellectuals with them.
I have to deaf ears conveyed this to mods many of times, but the wrong posts get censored and the obvious personal angst remain ruining most forums.

Yeah, it hurts the site overall. When just a couple posters dominate a forum with same-themed flooding, the site becomes boring and annoying. I suggest a limit of like 3-4 thread-starter posts per poster, per week. The site would get interesting again. Right now, it's dying.

I'm at the point of begging now. Can someone please step up and take control? A poster posting 10-15 repetitive themed posts per day, is killing the site. Seriously, i'm begging anyone to take control. Some sort of limit on thread-starter posts could save the site.
Yes, someone can take control........ You, unless of course you have personal issues with self control.......

Not trying to argue with anyone. I'm just making a suggestion. The site would dramatically improve if there were limits set on number of thread-starting posts per poster. The flooding thing is out of control. It's just a couple of posters killing forums with flooding insanity

I'm at the point of begging now. Can someone please step up and take control? A poster posting 10-15 repetitive themed posts per day, is killing the site. Seriously, i'm begging anyone to take control. Some sort of limit on thread-starter posts could save the site.
Yes, someone can take control........ You, unless of course you have personal issues with self control.......

Not trying to argue with anyone. I'm just making a suggestion. The site would dramatically improve if there were limits set on number of thread-starting posts per poster. The flooding thing is out of control. It's just a couple of posters killing forums with flooding insanity
You think this is the first time this has happened? That you're the first one to whine about it? Really?

It seems like the same posters are posting thread-starter posts like 10-15 times per day. It's gotten out of control. It's become so repetitive and boring. It's really hurting the site. The site's beginning to lack diverse creativity. The same posters posting the same themed thread-starter posts over & over, has become excruciating.

Maybe the site can limit posters to like 3 or 4 thread-starter posts per week? I think it would promote some diverse creativity. It's always the same posters, posting the same themes over & over again. It's repetitive insanity. I think a limit would be a big relief to those who wanna enjoy some diversity. Anyway, i'm interested in hearing what others think on this. Thanks.
you been here what,a month?....get some seniority and maybe you might get some pull.........

Just making a suggestion. The flooding thing is out of control. The Board needs some creativity. The same couple of posters flooding the Board with repetitive insanity, is destroying the Board. I'll have to stop coming here if it continues.
Soooo, you don't get your way and you just leave? How old are you again?

Oh, you just wanna argue and insult. I get it. Well, that's not what my thread is about. So i'll move on from ya. Take care.

you been here what,a month?....get some seniority and maybe you might get some pull.........

Just making a suggestion. The flooding thing is out of control. The Board needs some creativity. The same couple of posters flooding the Board with repetitive insanity, is destroying the Board. I'll have to stop coming here if it continues.
Soooo, you don't get your way and you just leave? How old are you again?

Oh, you just wanna argue and insult. I get it. Well, that's not what my thread is about. So i'll move on from ya. Take care.
No, you're whining so you get treated like a whiner. Oh well.

Haven't you started like 9 threads this week? Including something like 3 in one day?

If i did, it was too much. And i apologize for it. The limit on thread-starter posts should be 3-4 per week.

You think this is the first time this has happened? That you're the first one to whine about it? Really?

No need to be hateful and combative. I'm just lookin to help improve the site. Watching the same couple of posters hijack forums with flooding insanity, is destroying the site. It's becoming so boring and annoying. No creativity.

I've tried stepping in. Big league. Believe me. But the same three people keep butting in with their starter posts and shoving me away.

No need to be hateful and combative. I'm just lookin to help improve the site. Watching the same couple of posters hijack forums with flooding insanity, is destroying the site. It's becoming so boring and annoying. No creativity.
Not being hateful or combative, simply making fun of an obvious control freak. :dunno:

Yanno, there are times that I will post a lot of threads in one day and I'm all over the place because I have a lot of different interests. There are enough areas that the site is as diverse as you want it to be. You don't like what you see? Post something you are interested in. The politics section can be tedious sometimes/lots of times. Really good discussions in the politics section are hard to come by.

I hear ya. Maybe a limit on how many thread-starters posters can post in individual forums per week?

Been a noticeable lack of combining threads on same topic.....Don't need 50 faux hacking threads running

Yeah, it's the maniacal flooding that's killing the site. A couple posters hijack entire forums with repetitive insanity. I think there has to be some sore of thread-starter limit set.

Some people just love to see their name in lights.

Yeah, but it's bad for the site overall. The flooding madness stifles creativity. You end up with just a couple of posters hijacking entire forums. There has to be limits set.

Haven't you started like 9 threads this week? Including something like 3 in one day?

If i did, it was too much. And i apologize for it. The limit on thread-starter posts should be 3-4 per week.

I think that many, many posters start too many threads. You are just one of them.

But I don't see any need to have USMB exercise parental control to prevent me from seeing them. I can just ignore the threads that are by posters who I don't think are worth reading or responding to.

As long as USMB makes an effort to control repetitive threads- I find 4 or 5 threads on the same basic subject the same day to be annoying. But they do make an effort there.

View attachment 105772

I'm being serious. The same posters posting repetitive insanity is killing the site. I mean, cut em down to like 3 or 4 thread-starter posts per week. It'll force em to be more creative, and they won't be able to bore the shite out of the rest of the posters. I swear to God, if you go to Politics right now, it's like two posters posting just about all the posts on the page. Repetitive insanity. Someone needs to step in take control.

Its called flooding and it is a tactic by certain groups to take over a board.

I gave a flag up in one thread. I'm not going to take this shit and have a board ruined because of assholes. Now I have not wanted to go on a report binge, but if this shit keeps up I will rock it. Feel free to hit the report button if you see 40 bullshit posts in a row.

There has to be a limit. Posters should be allowed like 3-4 thread-starter posts per week. No need for a limit on reply posts, just on thread-starter posts. I don't know what happened. It's gotten out of control. I'm seriously at the point of begging for someone to step up and take control. It's so damn boring and annoying watching the same poster post 10-15 same themed posts per day. There needs to be a limit.
You could just put that poster on ignore....

I think that many, many posters start too many threads. You are just one of them.

But I don't see any need to have USMB exercise parental control to prevent me from seeing them. I can just ignore the threads that are by posters who I don't think are worth reading or responding to.

As long as USMB makes an effort to control repetitive threads- I find 4 or 5 threads on the same basic subject the same day to be annoying. But they do make an effort there.

Well i disagree. And like i said, if i've posted too many thread-starter posts in the past, i do apologize. I think there needs to be a limit. Right now, just a couple of posters are hijacking entire forums with flooding insanity. 3-4 thread-starter posts per week seems reasonable to me. It'll open the site up to more creativity.

Well i disagree. And like i said, if i've posted too many thread-starter posts in the past, i do apologize. I think there needs to be a limit. Right now, just a couple of posters are hijacking entire forums with flooding insanity. 3-4 thread-starter posts per week seems reasonable to me. It'll open the site up to more creativity.
Look, you're not the first relative newcomer who thinks they can make the board "better" but this board has seen many ups and downs, gone through a few changes and is still going strong. Most of the old timers have left because of changes and infighting, nothing new just people being people. The massive thread starters will eventually tire of their inanity or screw up and get banned, won't be the first time, won't be the last, the trick is to ignore em (that's how you make them go away).
Besides, it's worked fine for the board owner(s) so far so I'm pretty sure this discussion is moot.

Forum List

Back