Time to buy bitcoin

So I bought some bitcoin a few years ago, the price was about 300 USD a coin at the, and I bought 1/2 a coin for around 150. Really for me, it wasn’t about making money, but more having another outlet I can quickly move my money too that I had complete control over, not a bank, not a government, but me...

Now that one50 a few years ago, is now worth 3600. And the price just keeps going up and up it’s nuts. Damn am I happy I got into it then. And I thought about cashing out when It was 4000, damn am I happy I did not cash out then either..
Classic bubble.

Tulip mania.
I don’t think so for multiple reeasons.
1. They’ve been calling it a “classic bubble for years now...there’s noting classic about this. It can’t even be compared to the tulip bubble since tulips can be cloned very easily. They called it a bubble ready to burst last year, when it reached 1000, when it reached 2000, 3000, 5000, 7000, I think you get the message here. When predictions were put out saying it could reach 10,000 by 2018, they were laughed at, it was never supposed to be possible. We’re now at a stable 15,500 getting ready to climb back up.
2. There is only a fraction of a percent of the worlds money into bitcoin. 1% into puts the price at around 40,000 usd. There’s also only 2% of the worlds possible users, using it. The tulip bubble was restricted to the Dutch. To own bitcoin all you need is a computer or smart phone...which practically everyone has a smart phone now, even those in third world countries, with how cheap the old androids are to buy. We are still at very low levels of the amount of potential users, imagine if that 2% turns into 3% or even 4%. Not at all that hard to accomplish. Especially considering people who make 10 bucks a day, trade BTC by night, make an extra dollar or so, and ad 10% to income by doing that alone.
4. There is a limited number of bitcoin, 21 million, that’s it, no mas. Kind of sounds like a lot, but not really when you consider the us alone is churning out 20 trillion alone. That’s going to drive demand, if you miss the early train on this...well let’s just say there’s a lot of financial advisors out there saying, it’s wise to move 1% or so into bitcoin in case it does take off, we want to get a good share of it before it’s too late. This is different from the tulip bubble, because tulips could be very easily cloned, so they inflated the tarnation out of their tulips. Bitcoin won’t go through inflation
5. Too many people trade it. They buy low, sell high. Like I said, even if it’s chicken scratch to us, that’s valuable money to someone in india. That’s not including the people who make a living off of bitcoin trades. It’s volatility makes it a great commodity to trade. Once the price dips a good bit, too many people start to salivate and jump on it. I know it sounds counter intuitive to say it’s volitility actually gives it stability, but that’s what people have been using it for years have been doing.
6. Whether you know it or not, Blockchain (the tech behind bitcoin) is absolutely the future. And not just in currency, it has many many other applications. This is a revolutionary technology, and it’s going to change the world, much like the internet. This is like an evolution of the Internet, an entirely new application of the internet, with great opportunity

Sure it could be a bubble, I’m prepared for that, (already pocketed 150% of my investment, with my original investment still rolling, and growing through trading). But I don’t think this is a bubble. We are in completely new territory here. This isn’t limited to one country, or the people in finance and stocks, it’s reaching everyone, and it’s just getting started. The reason why so many in finance have been wrong about bitcoin time and time again, is because they are looking at it like a stock, it isn’t, it’s like a new stock market open to the entire world, not just the well off, and so far only 2% have joined in. It’s at the very least wise to dip your toes in. I heard another outlandish prediction of 1 million by 2020...I thought 10,000 was ridiculous a month ago. I now see why they’re saying that. I’m happy if it reaches 50,000 by 2020, I think that’s coming in by the end of 2018.

So I bought some bitcoin a few years ago, the price was about 300 USD a coin at the, and I bought 1/2 a coin for around 150. Really for me, it wasn’t about making money, but more having another outlet I can quickly move my money too that I had complete control over, not a bank, not a government, but me...

Now that one50 a few years ago, is now worth 3600. And the price just keeps going up and up it’s nuts. Damn am I happy I got into it then. And I thought about cashing out when It was 4000, damn am I happy I did not cash out then either..
Classic bubble.

Tulip mania.
1. They’ve been calling it a “classic bubble for years now...there’s noting classic about this. It can’t even be compared to the tulip bubble since tulips can be cloned very easily. They called it a bubble ready to burst last year, when it reached 1000, when it reached 2000, 3000, 5000, 7000, I think you get the message here. When predictions were put out saying it could reach 10,000 by 2018, they were laughed at, it was never supposed to be possible. We’re now at a stable 15,500 getting ready to climb back up.
2. There is only a fraction of a percent of the worlds money into bitcoin. 1% into puts the price at around 40,000 usd. There’s also only 2% of the worlds possible users, using it. The tulip bubble was restricted to the Dutch. To own bitcoin all you need is a computer or smart phone...which practically everyone has a smart phone now, even those in third world countries, with how cheap the old androids are to buy. We are still at very low levels of the amount of potential users, imagine if that 2% turns into 3% or even 4%. Not at all that hard to accomplish. Especially considering people who make 10 bucks a day, trade BTC by night, make an extra dollar or so, and ad 10% to income by doing that alone.
4. There is a limited number of bitcoin, 21 million, that’s it, no mas. Kind of sounds like a lot, but not really when you consider the us alone is churning out 20 trillion alone. That’s going to drive demand, if you miss the early train on this...well let’s just say there’s a lot of financial advisors out there saying, it’s wise to move 1% or so into bitcoin in case it does take off, we want to get a good share of it before it’s too late. This is different from the tulip bubble, because tulips could be very easily cloned, so they inflated the tarnation out of their tulips. Bitcoin won’t go through inflation
5. Too many people trade it. They buy low, sell high. Like I said, even if it’s chicken scratch to us, that’s valuable money to someone in india. That’s not including the people who make a living off of bitcoin trades. It’s volatility makes it a great commodity to trade. Once the price dips a good bit, too many people start to salivate and jump on it. I know it sounds counter intuitive to say it’s volitility actually gives it stability, but that’s what people have been using it for years have been doing.
6. Whether you know it or not, Blockchain (the tech behind bitcoin) is absolutely the future. And not just in currency, it has many many other applications. This is a revolutionary technology, and it’s going to change the world, much like the internet. This is like an evolution of the Internet, an entirely new application of the internet, with great opportunity

Sure it could be a bubble, I’m prepared for that, (already pocketed 150% of my investment, with my original investment still rolling, and growing through trading). But I don’t think this is a bubble. We are in completely new territory here. This isn’t limited to one country, or the people in finance and stocks, it’s reaching everyone, and it’s just getting started. The reason why so many in finance have been wrong about bitcoin time and time again, is because they are looking at it like a stock, it isn’t, it’s like a new stock market open to the entire world, not just the well off, and so far only 2% have joined in. It’s at the very least wise to dip your toes in. I heard another outlandish prediction of 1 million by 2020...I thought 10,000 was ridiculous a month ago. I now see why they’re saying that. I’m happy if it reaches 50,000 by 2020, I think that’s coming in by the end of 2018.
"Markets can remain irrational for longer than you can remain solvent." - John Maynard Keynes

Classic bubble.

Tulip mania.

"Markets can remain irrational for longer than you can remain solvent." - John Maynard Keynes
Even if this is a bubble (there have been many micro bubbles to burst, restabilized and then continue climbing) it’s just the very beginning. this is not a stock. You can’t think of it as a stock. There’s nothing in history to compare with what’s going on now. This is like an entire new stock market, that the entire world is invited to, and you don’t need to be well off to hop in....An entire new Wall Street just formed, and all the buildings say now hiring, and there’s only 21 million of these to go around...when has the entire world EVER had access like this to a single commodity?

According to The Times, Eric Holthaus said: 'In only a few months from now, at Bitcoin's current growth rate, the electricity demanded by the cryptocurrency network will start to outstrip what's available.

'New stress on the grid means more facilities using dirty technologies.

'By July 2019 the bitcoin network will require more electricity than the entire United States currently uses.

'By February 2020 it will use as much electricity as the entire world does today.'

Read more: Bitcoin mining 'is causing electricity blackouts' | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Bitcoin mining 'is causing electricity blackouts' | Daily Mail Online
Bitcoin is killing the planet omg.......

According to The Times, Eric Holthaus said: 'In only a few months from now, at Bitcoin's current growth rate, the electricity demanded by the cryptocurrency network will start to outstrip what's available.

'New stress on the grid means more facilities using dirty technologies.

'By July 2019 the bitcoin network will require more electricity than the entire United States currently uses.

'By February 2020 it will use as much electricity as the entire world does today.'

Read more: Bitcoin mining 'is causing electricity blackouts' | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Bitcoin mining 'is causing electricity blackouts' | Daily Mail Online
Bitcoin is killing the planet omg.......
So demand is gonna grow...to the point where it’s crashing systems and grids hahaha. I thought you guys were saying it was gonna go to zero.

Price alrdy out of reach of avg person.....so who do you think will be using it........bitcoin is no longer what it was established to be......govts don't love fraud....nooooooo

Price alrdy out of reach of avg person.....so who do you think will be using it........bitcoin is no longer what it was established to be......govts don't love fraud....nooooooo
Not when you can put 10 dollars in.

So how would this be beneficial if there is lets say a grid down, no use of internet nor power then what?

Classic bubble.

Tulip mania.

I'm not sure most get why you mention the tulip . lol I get it. And you could be right it's possibly very short lived now. eeeh hard to say though.

So how would this be beneficial if there is lets say a grid down, no use of internet nor power then what?
SOL...

Crypto currency is gaining momentum but it comes at a price no one can fix.. The future is going to be a cashless society.....Please enjoy..

I'm not sure most get why you mention the tulip . lol I get it. And you could be right it's possibly very short lived now. eeeh hard to say though.

No, I think it safe to say that Bitcoin is going into a mania and is vastly overbought. When it crashes that is the time to buy, after a 25% retrace in price from the bottom to confirm the return to normal movement.

Never try to jump on a flying balloon or to catch a falling knife.

"Buy low, sell high" is still very good advice.

Buy low means wait till the prices come down. If they dont look for another opportunity instead of jumping on something too good to be true.

I had a fortunate experience gambling with bitcoin. However, I doubt that I'd do it again. It was a gamble and I quit while I was ahead. As bitcoin value skyrocketed my relatively small gamble turned into serious money. More money than I was comfortable gambling on bitcoin.

I had to take the money and run, so to speak. And it took a while.

I hear that these days bitcoin is a lot more fungible than it used to be.

Forum List

Back