Time to buy bitcoin

I hear that these days bitcoin is a lot more fungible than it used to be.

It is being opened to new markets all the time, which is part of the upward pressure on its price, but lately I get the impression it is turning into a mania as evidenced by the high percentage of speculators buying in because they expect the price to go up for ever.

So I bought some bitcoin a few years ago, the price was about 300 USD a coin at the, and I bought 1/2 a coin for around 150. Really for me, it wasn’t about making money, but more having another outlet I can quickly move my money too that I had complete control over, not a bank, not a government, but me...

Now that one50 a few years ago, is now worth 3600. And the price just keeps going up and up it’s nuts. Damn am I happy I got into it then. And I thought about cashing out when It was 4000, damn am I happy I did not cash out then either..

So how would this be beneficial if there is lets say a grid down, no use of internet nor power then what?
Then if that’s the case, cash won’t be useful to you, and neither will gold or silver to be honest...People will be starving to death, cash will be used to lite fires, and nobody (outside of a few who are super preppers with multiple year supplies of food) will really give a shit about shiny metal since people will be giving up 10,000$ engagement rings for a can of beans. Food and clean water will be the gold, and things like guns, propane, etc, will be the silver.

That being said, if that does occur, all it takes is a single node, of a single computer mining bitcoin to save the record of bitcoin, to survive that event, and re distrubute the blockchain when/if the grid does get back online. If it’s a regional thing, and your trying to leave the country, well having a currency outside of whatever country your in will be quite helpful if you’re able to get out to Mexico or whatever, and then you can get actual functioning money to help you survive.

So I bought some bitcoin a few years ago, the price was about 300 USD a coin at the, and I bought 1/2 a coin for around 150. Really for me, it wasn’t about making money, but more having another outlet I can quickly move my money too that I had complete control over, not a bank, not a government, but me...

Now that one50 a few years ago, is now worth 3600. And the price just keeps going up and up it’s nuts. Damn am I happy I got into it then. And I thought about cashing out when It was 4000, damn am I happy I did not cash out then either..

So how would this be beneficial if there is lets say a grid down, no use of internet nor power then what?
Obviously you have been under a rock. Notice how bar code scanners "cash registers" don't work after power outages from major storms (ie: Puerto Rico). The big box stores stop selling for cash, gold, silver, credit & bitcoin when they have no power / internet. Everyone is reduced to doing without or looting.

Obviously you have been under a rock. Notice how bar code scanners "cash registers" don't work after power outages from major storms (ie: Puerto Rico). The big box stores stop selling for cash, gold, silver, credit & bitcoin when they have no power / internet. Everyone is reduced to doing without or looting.

That was my point , and if people haven't thought of it then that made them think of it. I one is dumb enough to dump all their cash into bitcoin and live off it and nothing else when the grid goes down they are screwed.

With a looking glass some 7 years back you could have bought some 100 BTC at 8 Cent a piece.
Now with 7200 you would have something to build wealth upon. Due to its acceptance even mainstream went into BTC.
many got burned, Buying at 14 000 and getting now a little over half is bitter. A little history
of the bitcoin and its chances of the earlier days.
Unfortunately I don't own a looking glass. Buying now requires much more money and faith.

It was pointed out that the Bitcall is out of bus, the Bit thumb is down and under. The people on this board pointed out that the coin has fallen 400 bucks in the past three days after the Korean hack last weekend.

Forum List

Back