Time to Bust Up Teacher Unions

Why do you keep talking about California as though it was typical. They are a fringe eleet, just like the libtards that infest that state.

Teacher's unions cannot keep bad teachers around. If they are bad, their performance is documented and they will be removed after due process. Oh, BTW, teacher's without tenure do NOT have due process to protect them. You have to stay in one school district in my state for more than 4 years to even be considered for tenure. Most of the time, the district gets rid of teachers by not renewing the contracts of anyone they don't like BEFORE they are eligible for tenure.
Sure. That’s why teachers have minors carry vulgar signs to political protests related to schools and have no fear of repercussion.

How do you know those people are even teachers? Ever hear of fake news? We have a law in this town against panhandling. Guess where the panhandlers congregate? Right under the sign! It is never enforced.
So now you spin to defend bad teachers.

Typical.

I am not spinning, but we do have a right to free speech in this country. I don't like the signs as depicted either, but for you to smear the entire profession is your typical M. O. You take one example, break out the broad brush, and lie your ass off!
If a Boeing employee had an FU sign outside the Boeing plant for a visit from Pence, that employee would be unemployed.

Boeing has a union too, you incompetent asshole!

Show me teachers working 5 days a week 52 weeks a year.
Show me any worker that works 5 days a week and 52 weeks a year
For a number of years I worked 6 days a week 52 weeks a year. In one month I worked over 400 hours.

On a fixed salary.

People on a fixed salary get screwed big time. edit: Salaried People get no help from The Department of Labor.
In the private sector. Teachers are on salary but get overtime pay.
No they do not...where the heck do you get this stuff?

Teachers in my district max out at well over 100k a year. In some districts the average pay is over 100k. They were also running a scam of giving them huge raises for their last 3 years, upon which their retirement is based. They pull millions in retirement if they live to average age.

There are teachers that are worth 100k I'm sure, bu there are tens of thousands in Illinois pulling six figure salaries or pensions. For a 9 month a year job, that's ludicrous.

They, and other public sector unions have bankrupted the state.

But "It's all for the children" lol.

Fucking scammers.
Where is your district? What is the cost of living in your district?

For a number of years I worked 6 days a week 52 weeks a year. In one month I worked over 400 hours.

On a fixed salary.

People on a fixed salary get screwed big time. edit: Salaried People get no help from The Department of Labor.
In the private sector. Teachers are on salary but get overtime pay.
No they do not...where the heck do you get this stuff?
I see he went to accounting school.

On a fixed salary.

We know, we know. You're just personally bitter about it.

You know what kills me about all the people who are personally bitter about teachers getting "five months off"? It was NO SECRET. It's not like no one knows about "summers off" and oh SURPRISE!! it's just an unexpected bonus you get when you graduate college. No, you go into it knowing you will get no big raises, no bonuses, no nice "perks" along the way, no trips, no incentives, no huge promotions. But you will get "summers off" and maybe a decent pension and not so much else anymore.

SO cry me a river. You had a tough job and your kids didn't like to be homeschooled so you cried to them about how bad the public schools are. We know, Weatherman. We know.
California teachers get 5 months off. I had no idea your state overworks teachers by making them work 32 weeks a year, 38.5 hours a week.

So is your real gripe with teachers personal, Weatherman? Cause you're super fixated.

You had to sell your kids on homeschooling, right? So tell them how awful the public schools were--and they still weren't entirely convinced. And so complaining and bleating about the public schools just because a nice little habit. Is that it?
My gripe is the education system that lets people who’ve shown they shouldn’t be allowed within a hundred yards of a classroom to continue to teach.

The teachers shown in the OP is just one example. Private sector someone did that they’d be canned immediately for embarrassing the company, their own time or not.

Bust the unions NOW.
Didn't seem so hard to fire THIS teacher: Teacher Is Fired for Giving Zeros to Kids Who Do No Homework

They bargain against the very people that pay them

Do you think public school teachers make too much money? Where I live some of them start as low as 35k/yr after 6 years of college.
Let's see now sit on their asses for a quarter of the year, free healthcare, retirement etc. etc. Lots of paid vacation time and days off. I don't see were they have it so tough.
Tell ya what, lets just do the hell away with public education since it sucks so bad and let free enterprise take over. I'm sure the good teachers will make out much better since there are so few of them while the crappy ones can flip burgers for a living. Plus after the parents are writing monthly checks for Johnny and Suzy's schooling maybe they'll suddenly give a shit that they're actually getting their money's worth for a change.

How many incredibly talented people choose not to be teachers because of the shitty pay? I think we should pay them a lot more, give them better conditions to work in and then raise the bar for entry.

And turning it over to private enterprise would do exactly that and more. Who knows our kids may even become literate and learn how to balance a checkbook again.
Why do you live in the ancient past? There are no more need for a checkbook..

Bullshit.

If we increased teacher pay and raised the barrier to entry we would get better teachers.
Nope.
Teachers are already overpaid.

Bullshit from a constant purveyor of the lowest quality bullshit!

I have 20 year-old kids with high school diplomas working for me making more than the starting salary for a teacher with at least 5 years of college.
Which ones have 5 months of vacation a year, tenure and lifetime benefits?

Why do you lie like a fucking rug?

No teacher gets 5 months vacation! Tenure is due process, and that is all. Lifetime benefits? WTF are you smoking?

It's not so much that you are a fucking moron on this topic, but the fact that you refuse to learn the bullshit you spew is nothing but damn lies!
California teachers do, and no such thing as due process in the private sector.

Teacher unions just keep bad teachers around.

Suck it up, buttercup.
Prove it. Of course you can't.

Her classroom time with students. Could she have worded it better? Possibly, but you were telling her she had an hour for lunch and she was replying no. Maybe you need to broaden your horizons, if you seriously think a teacher doesn’t work outside the student class time.

Homeschooling can be great to those financially able to pull it off, and with the patience. But your riding all public school teachers is for the birds. It just is.

And you ignore the realities of what teachers deal with.
Again with the lies. Never said she had an hour for lunch. I said she gets paid for lunch.

Which no one in the private sector gets.

I never was paid for lunch. I worked 10 hours a day regularly, plus many hours at home and on weekends for 7.33 hours credit.
And got paid OT for evening meetings with parents.

BULLSHIT! That was unpaid time in every district I worked in. Put away the broad brush, dipshit!
Says the teacher trying to paint his shithole county as the norm in America.

My county? I have said many times in these threads, I worked in the largest school in the largest Florida school district for 10 years. After that I worked for a year in the DoD schools, 1 year in the county where I live, three years in an urban inner city school, half a year in a rural community over 100 miles from home, four years in a rural county, another year in another county and a year substituting because no one would hire me because my salary was too expensive!

So which shithole county are you referring to?

Dumbass!

On a fixed salary.

You know what kills me about all the people who are personally bitter about teachers getting "five months off"? It was NO SECRET. It's not like no one knows about "summers off" and oh SURPRISE!! it's just an unexpected bonus you get when you graduate college. No, you go into it knowing you will get no big raises, no bonuses, no nice "perks" along the way, no trips, no incentives, no huge promotions. But you will get "summers off" and maybe a decent pension and not so much else anymore.

SO cry me a river. You had a tough job and your kids didn't like to be homeschooled so you cried to them about how bad the public schools are. We know, Weatherman. We know.
California teachers get 5 months off. I had no idea your state overworks teachers by making them work 32 weeks a year, 38.5 hours a week.

So is your real gripe with teachers personal, Weatherman? Cause you're super fixated.

You had to sell your kids on homeschooling, right? So tell them how awful the public schools were--and they still weren't entirely convinced. And so complaining and bleating about the public schools just because a nice little habit. Is that it?
My gripe is the education system that lets people who’ve shown they shouldn’t be allowed within a hundred yards of a classroom to continue to teach.

The teachers shown in the OP is just one example. Private sector someone did that they’d be canned immediately for embarrassing the company, their own time or not.

Bust the unions NOW.

No. It's clearly personal. You homeschooled your kids--enough said

On a fixed salary.

I don’t believe in teachers unions, but if you truly think they only put in 38.5 hours a week, as well as not have to spend their own dollars to get all the tools they need, I’ve got a bridge to sell ya.

Teachers today have to deal with school districts that only back up abusive parents, not their teachers. The top at school districts get more than anyone else, teachers be damned. It is a tough profession and you have to have a set of balls today to teach in many schools as well as a passion for seeing children learn, because of the abuse they receive. You want to blame someone? Blame the unions and districts administrators, and bad parents, not most teachers.
I’m quoting a teacher in the thread, take it up with her.

And while you’re at it, find out what the overtime pay is the private sector salary people never see.
No, you assumed when she stated she only had 30 minutes for lunch, it comes to 38.5 hours.
The private sector salary has nothing to do with this discussion. And you can walk away and find another job, if you don’t like it.
Put the blame where the blame is deserved. The unions and school district administrators. Most, not all, teachers are there for the love of teaching and work their butts off, and have to deal with union control, abusive parents, kids, and administrators 5 days a week, and have no recourse other than leave the profession, but their passion for kids, keeps the good ones from walking away.

Today it is no longer the profession of yesteryear, when parents controlled their kids, administrators backed teachers up, and teachers could actually teach. Those days are long gone.

It's Saturday, June 29th. I have been "out of school" since June 7th and just got done doing some schoolwork. This is nothing new--teachers do this all the time. Lots and lots and tons of unpaid hours.

Everyone knows this, no one cares. Hence teacher shortage. Lately, I'm just shrugging in the larger community. Never when it comes to my students. Here, shrug. It's all tanking. Devil take the hindmost

I don’t believe in teachers unions, but if you truly think they only put in 38.5 hours a week, as well as not have to spend their own dollars to get all the tools they need, I’ve got a bridge to sell ya.

Teachers today have to deal with school districts that only back up abusive parents, not their teachers. The top at school districts get more than anyone else, teachers be damned. It is a tough profession and you have to have a set of balls today to teach in many schools as well as a passion for seeing children learn, because of the abuse they receive. You want to blame someone? Blame the unions and districts administrators, and bad parents, not most teachers.

And while you’re at it, find out what the overtime pay is the private sector salary people never see.
No, you assumed when she stated she only had 30 minutes for lunch, it comes to 38.5 hours.
The private sector salary has nothing to do with this discussion. And you can walk away and find another job, if you don’t like it.
Put the blame where the blame is deserved. The unions and school district administrators. Most, not all, teachers are there for the love of teaching and work their butts off, and have to deal with union control, abusive parents, kids, and administrators 5 days a week, and have no recourse other than leave the profession, but their passion for kids, keeps the good ones from walking away.

Today it is no longer the profession of yesteryear, when parents controlled their kids, administrators backed teachers up, and teachers could actually teach. Those days are long gone.

It's Saturday, June 29th. I have been "out of school" since June 7th and just got done doing some schoolwork. This is nothing new--teachers do this all the time. Lots and lots and tons of unpaid hours.

Everyone knows this, no one cares. Hence teacher shortage. Lately, I'm just shrugging in the larger community. Never when it comes to my students. Here, shrug. It's all tanking. Devil take the hindmost

unpaid hrs ???

you get a yrs salary for 7 months of work,,,

She said she worked 8-4.

Now I know the math is hard for you, so go ask a homeschooler to get the answer.

Her classroom time with students. Could she have worded it better? Possibly, but you were telling her she had an hour for lunch and she was replying no. Maybe you need to broaden your horizons, if you seriously think a teacher doesn’t work outside the student class time.

Homeschooling can be great to those financially able to pull it off, and with the patience. But your riding all public school teachers is for the birds. It just is.

And you ignore the realities of what teachers deal with.
Again with the lies. Never said she had an hour for lunch. I said she gets paid for lunch.

Which no one in the private sector gets.

He's picking at nits because he's been wrong so far in this thread on these issues:

1. Pension

2. Time off ("five months")

3. Health care costs

And probably more I can't think of. So he's picking on that 30 minutes unpaid lunch when in reality I didn't tell him I actually report at 7:45 AM, cause I wasn't going to get that picky.

Show me teachers working 5 days a week 52 weeks a year.

On a fixed salary.

They do not get paid for that time off, and I would like to see this 5 months you are lying about. There are 196 days in most teacher contracts in my state. That's well over 6 months right there, so we know you are lying! How many months of weekends occur in a year? That would be 3 more months. We're up to 9 months and we haven't even touched the holidays.

Your math sucks and you lie. That is all you have going for you.

I already counted up all the weeks off I get per year, including Christmas, Easter and half weeks for various holidays. It added up to 14 weeks. WM wanted to count federal holidays of course, as if most professional employees don't have those off, plus getting to "leave early" or "come in late" around holidays--teachers rarely if ever get that flexibility.

Teachers in my district max out at well over 100k a year. In some districts the average pay is over 100k. They were also running a scam of giving them huge raises for their last 3 years, upon which their retirement is based. They pull millions in retirement if they live to average age.

There are teachers that are worth 100k I'm sure, bu there are tens of thousands in Illinois pulling six figure salaries or pensions. For a 9 month a year job, that's ludicrous.

Fucking scammers.

What state and what is the cost of living?

In, 21 years of teaching and being an administrator, I never made more than 55K a year and I worked in 2 states and for the DoD school system.

The administrator pay was so poor, I went back in the classroom!

Illinois. My high school district is one of the top paying districts in the state and is a very middle class community.

Average income per household 62,000

Bensenville, IL | Data USA

Average teacher salary 100k+

FENTON HIGH SCHOOL | Salary

Fucking scammers.
Where is your district? What is the cost of living in your district?

Illinois. My high school district is one of the top paying districts in the state and is a very middle class community. For clarity this is the high school I went to, not where I live now.

Average income per household 62,000

Bensenville, IL | Data USA

Average teacher salary 100k+

FENTON HIGH SCHOOL | Salary

Colorado Teachers' Union Protest Against DeVos Turns Vulgar

A rally organized by the largest teachers union in Colorado protesting a visit by Education Secretary Betsy DeVos became vulgar as some of the demonstrators held signs depicting a hand giving a middle finger and another sign that said, "Report Card – Betsy DeVos F U."

View attachment 266751

Bust them up for the sake of the children.
Why? You angry because you were a failure in school?

Do you consider yourself successful in school as you were had by all?

Forum List

Back