Time Of Reason: Trump Likely To Support Ending Federal Ban On Marijuana...

Our workforce is thin just from kids experimenting with drugs and consequently trying even harder drugs. Marijuana is NEVER going to stop being a gateway drug. Marijuana is NEVER going to be a net positive for the US. There is no government prohibition propaganda, get off your bong. Marijuana is ultimately the reason why my idiot step brother decided that drugs were cool and killed himself from an overdose on heroin 2 years after he barely survived an overdose on heroin.

Alcohol is not a gateway to anything other than death or jail. It is not about prohibition(which I wholeheartedly support for alcohol btw), it is about there being absolutely no recreational equivalent for pot to someone going to a bar without the intent to get drunk. There is no equivalent to people who have a cooler full of beer for the game on Sunday or the barbecue and end up being able to take their daughter to a sleepover a few hours later. Colorado's economy is only being temporarily propped up by the sale of a new product that is popular NATIONWIDE while the actual work ethic across the board is sinking dramatically.

I am generally a Libertarian but I oppose my fellow Libertarians on two issues. Free and open borders and legalization of mind altering drugs. Both are the wrong things to do. Both will lead to disaster.

I don't support Open Borders either. But that's a completely different issue. Adult Citizens should have the right to decide whether or not they wanna get high or drunk. It isn't a Government issue.

If we lived in 1770s where none of us had to intact with others unless we wanted to then I would be inclined to agree with you. But that ain't the case.

I don't want to drive on roads with more stupid pot heads behind the wheel. Because of the complexity of modern life I have to be dependent upon too many other people and I sure as hell don't them to be addicted to mind altering drugs.

It takes a real idiot to be a pot head. I have never known one in real life that wasn't fucked up like Hogan's Goat some way or another. I have seen it be a gateway to other additive drugs.

The last thing we need to be doing as a society is making it easier to be fucked up. It will not end well for us as a nation.

Driving while high, will still be illegal. Folks will and should be prosecuted. And as far as your views on Marijuana go, they're very outdated and based on disinformation propaganda. Just about every day they're discovering more medicinal uses of Marijuana. It's not the 'Evil Boogeyman' the US Government has made it out to be. It's a lie.

My views on pot are not outdated. You are simply being in denial about the harmful effects of the drug, which is normal for a pot head to be.

Pot, like other mind altering drugs, is additive and as we know making it illegal to be out of your mind while driving or operating on a patient or responding to a 911 call or whatever won't mean a damn thing. The addiction is a greater compunction than the fear of being caught.

Like I said, it is simply the wrong thing to do.

Actually no, Marijuana is not addictive. Alcohol and Cigarettes are, but Marijuana isn't. That's fact.

[Q

Actually no, Marijuana is not addictive.

I am always amazed at the level of denial I see with druggies.

Not trying to be offensive, but are you an old person? Because you're clearly buying into old wives tales about Marijuana. You don't sound like you're knowledgeable about it at all. You're just regurgitating Government Party-line nonsense.

Alcohol is not addictive. Some people may become addicted. Most will not. Marijuana is an addictive substance because everyone who uses the drug is an addict. Even if they are not actively using, they still want to.

Alcohol is physically addictive. So much so that withdrawals can kill you.

No one has ever died from Marijuana withdrawals. Ever.

[Q

Not trying to be offensive, but are you an old person? Because you're clearly buying into old wives tales about Marijuana. You don't sound like you're knowledgeable about it at all. You're just regurgitating Government Party-line nonsense.

I'm an old person 70 as a matter of fact and the dispensary I use is nothing but old people, some older than me. I had a discussion with someone in the office that is 54 and we agreed sometime between the 70's and now the thc levels have more than tripled. All my friends back then that smoked it if they didn't die in Vietnam became very successful and the ones I'm still in contact with still smoke it on and off. The tincture and vape I get from the dispensary is about the same levels back then. I had actually quit smoking when it because stronger and more expensive back in the 90's. I had a few joints here and there if one of my co workers gave me one but wow you could take no more that a couple of hits before going sky high.

One thing I noticed right off on tincture I'm taking is it gives you a better attitude and energy, I suppose that's sativa, the vape relaxes you more and helps you sleep. I use one or the other just about every other day. I've actually been coming into work early since I started.

Marijuana is NEVER going to stop being a gateway drug.

Most addicts start with cigarettes and alcohol before tying any non government approved recreational substances.

It never was a gateway drug.
Almost everyone in the country drinks and smoking has dropped to the point that it is near non-existent in anywhere but select bars and convenience store parking lots.

Claiming that alcohol leads to hard drugs is hilariously stupid considering that our president and myself are among the only people in the country who never have gotten drunk and don't even drink recreationally. Drug addicts almost always drink. Plenty of alcoholics do little to nothing in the way of drugs.

Nice job President Trump. It's time. Let's stop throwing Citizens in cages for using Marijuana. It shouldn't have ever been criminalized. Legalize it, and then release all Citizens who are in prison for non-violent Marijuana offenses.

Trump says he is likely to support ending federal ban on marijuana

President Trump said he likely will support a congressional effort to end the federal ban on marijuana, a major step that would reshape the pot industry and end the threat of a Justice Department crackdown.

Trump’s remarks put him sharply at odds with Atty. Gen. Jeff Sessions on the issue. The bill in question, pushed by a bipartisan coalition, would allow states to go forward with legalization unencumbered by threats of federal prosecution.

Trump made his comments to a gaggle of reporters Friday morning just before he boarded a helicopter on his way to the G-7 summit in Canada. His remarks came the day after the bipartisan group of lawmakers proposed their measure.

“I support Sen. Gardner,” Trump said when asked about the bill. “I know exactly what he’s doing. We’re looking at it. But I probably will end up supporting that, yes.”...

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

You can't trust Trump, you should know that by now. What he is for today, he will be against tomorrow.

If you want real change with marijuana at the Federal level don't vote for any fucking Republicans. They have the number 1 lobbyists against legal marijuana in their pockets, law enforcement, then the 2nd lobbyists against medical marijuana, big Pharma. Republicans will do what their big campaign donors tell them to do.

I know I live in Colorado and we're still fighting the war on marijuana with ass hole Republicans in this state.

And make sure you get your ass's out to vote this coming November.

This bill being proposed, is Bi-Partisan-sponsored. But i have my doubts it'll ever make it to Trump's desk. If it does, i think he'll sign it.
']

I wouldn't be holding my breath on that one--:iyfyus.jpg:

Right now there are law enforcement & big pharma lobbyists calling the Republican congress and the senate making all kinds of threats. The only way you're going to get anything done is to insure that Democrats win this coming November. Republicans are bought and paid for. They always have been.

Well like i said, it is a Bi-Partisan-sponsored bill. So there's some hope for it getting through. Stay tuned.

Look I live in Colorado, I know how Republicans react to something they don't like. (LEGAL MARIJUANA) Right now we have 2 sheriff's (Republicans of course) Bill Elder of El Paso county Colorado, and Sheriff Jason Mikesell of Teller county, Colorado that are waging a war on marijuana for this election season. They have stated they are going after illegal grows which is fine. In Colorado each person is entitled to grow 6 plants, and no more than 12 per household.

A friend of mine, house was recently raided. He has a medical marijuana card and was growing his legal limit of 12 plants. They showed up with the swat team with M-16's. They came up with all kinds of erroneous charges, threw him in jail for 36 hours, kept him on a cement slab type bed with a herion sick man vomiting all night long. Then plastered his name & mugshot all over the news media over 12 plants. He's still fighting these ridiculous charges at great expense to himself. They were even weighing live plants to blow up the hysteria. They charged him with a stolen gun (a part gun) where one part was reported stolen 50 years ago. He purchased it from a friend 40 years ago and had no idea it was stolen. They stated they found a "trace" of meth in the shop he was growing. He doesn't do meth nor knows of anyone that does. This is what they did to a 71 year old man, a Vietnam veteran, respected, former business owner in the community, that had no prior criminal record whatsoever. This is what REPUBLICANS do when they are in power and don't like something. They basically called marijuana growers terrorists, raping and murdering civilians, copying (Trump's rhetoric) and have done their best to tie growers into a (Cuban cartel out of Miami). Yes we have had people move to Colorado to set up illegal grows and ship back to their home states, but who knows if they're a part of some violent drug cartel. Sheriff Mikesell stated that 30 people had blown themselves up with butane hash oil labs in this state. A complete lie. They will distort, lie and do everything they can to promote their war on marijuana, even in legal states. They make up their own marijuana laws as they go along. This is going on right now.

So VOTE this coming November for DEMOCRATS if you want real change with marijuana. You can't trust Trump to do anything he says. And you certainly can't trust any Republican on revising Federal marijuana laws.

DY8pl3gXkAAWtl0.jpg

The reason law enforcement wants to keep marijuana illegal, is because it's usually an easy bust. They don't get shot at, and the Sheriff's pay scale is usually based on how many deputies they supervise. The more deputies they have chasing weed, the more they get paid. And they have great influence over Republicans because law enforcement lobbyists make "yuuuuuuge" donations to their campaigns.

Last edited:
Nice job President Trump. It's time. Let's stop throwing Citizens in cages for using Marijuana. It shouldn't have ever been criminalized. Legalize it, and then release all Citizens who are in prison for non-violent Marijuana offenses.

President Trump said he likely will support a congressional effort to end the federal ban on marijuana, a major step that would reshape the pot industry and end the threat of a Justice Department crackdown.

Trump’s remarks put him sharply at odds with Atty. Gen. Jeff Sessions on the issue. The bill in question, pushed by a bipartisan coalition, would allow states to go forward with legalization unencumbered by threats of federal prosecution.

Trump made his comments to a gaggle of reporters Friday morning just before he boarded a helicopter on his way to the G-7 summit in Canada. His remarks came the day after the bipartisan group of lawmakers proposed their measure.

“I support Sen. Gardner,” Trump said when asked about the bill. “I know exactly what he’s doing. We’re looking at it. But I probably will end up supporting that, yes.”...

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

You can't trust Trump, you should know that by now. What he is for today, he will be against tomorrow.

If you want real change with marijuana at the Federal level don't vote for any fucking Republicans. They have the number 1 lobbyists against legal marijuana in their pockets, law enforcement, then the 2nd lobbyists against medical marijuana, big Pharma. Republicans will do what their big campaign donors tell them to do.

I know I live in Colorado and we're still fighting the war on marijuana with ass hole Republicans in this state.

And make sure you get your ass's out to vote this coming November.

This bill being proposed, is Bi-Partisan-sponsored. But i have my doubts it'll ever make it to Trump's desk. If it does, i think he'll sign it.
']

I wouldn't be holding my breath on that one--:iyfyus.jpg:

Right now there are law enforcement & big pharma lobbyists calling the Republican congress and the senate making all kinds of threats. The only way you're going to get anything done is to insure that Democrats win this coming November. Republicans are bought and paid for. They always have been.

Well like i said, it is a Bi-Partisan-sponsored bill. So there's some hope for it getting through. Stay tuned.

Look I live in Colorado, I know how Republicans react to something they don't like. (LEGAL MARIJUANA) Right now we have 2 sheriff's (Republicans of course) Bill Elder of El Paso county Colorado, and Sheriff Jason Mikesell of Teller county, Colorado that are waging a war on marijuana for this election season. They have stated they are going after illegal grows which is fine. In Colorado each person is entitled to grow 6 plants, and no more than 12 per household.

A friend of mine, house was recently raided. He has a medical marijuana card and was growing his legal limit of 12 plants. They showed up with the swat team with M-16's. They came up with all kinds of erroneous charges, threw him in jail for 36 hours, kept him on a cement slab type bed with a herion sick man vomiting all night long. Then plastered his name & mugshot all over the news media over 12 plants. He's still fighting these ridiculous charges at great expense to himself. They were even weighing live plants to blow up the hysteria. They charged him with a stolen gun (a part gun) where one part was reported stolen 50 years ago. He purchased it from a friend 40 years ago and had no idea it was stolen. They stated they found a "trace" of meth in the shop he was growing. He doesn't do meth nor knows of anyone that does. This is what they did to a 71 year old man, a Vietnam veteran, respected, former business owner in the community, that had no prior criminal record whatsoever. This is what REPUBLICANS do when they are in power and don't like something. They basically called marijuana growers terrorists, raping and murdering civilians, copying (Trump's rhetoric) and have done their best to tie growers into a (Cuban cartel out of Miami). Yes we have had people move to Colorado to set up illegal grows and ship back to their home states, but who knows if they're a part of some violent drug cartel. Sheriff Mikesell stated that 30 people had blown themselves up with butane hash oil labs in this state. A complete lie. They will distort, lie and do everything they can to promote their war on marijuana, even in legal states. They make up their own marijuana laws as they go along. This is going on right now.

So VOTE this coming November for DEMOCRATS if you want real change with marijuana. You can't trust Trump to do anything he says. And you certainly can't trust any Republican on revising Federal marijuana laws.

DY8pl3gXkAAWtl0.jpg

The reason law enforcement wants to keep marijuana illegal, is because it's usually an easy bust. They don't get shot at, and the Sheriff's pay scale is usually based on how many deputies they supervise. The more deputies they have chasing weed, the more they get paid. And they have great influence over Republicans because law enforcement lobbyists make "yuuuuuuge" donations to their campaigns.

Yeah, let's end the 'War on Drugs.' It's been a long bloody war waged against our own fellow Citizens. If folks wanna get high or drunk, so be it. As long as they're adults, they can make that decision for themselves. They don't belong in cages. The US now ranks #1 in the world for imprisoning Citizens. And that's truly shocking.

Most are in there on non-violent drug offenses. We've spent untold $Billions on keeping them locked up in cages. We should have been spending that money on helping them. It is time to end the 'War on Drugs.' It's been a very sad Lose-Lose scenario for the American People.

So VOTE this coming November for DEMOCRATS if you want real change with marijuana.
LOL, Sorry but there isn't enough marijuana on Earth to get me high enough to do that.

Besides the Douche Bags-D had their shot at doing something about marijuana legalization legislation during Emperor ONimrod's reign and they didn't do jack about it, so that "real change" schtick is nothing but sloganeering.

Fuck the Democrats, Fuck the Republicans, they're both worse than useless.

[Q

Yes there are many seniors that use marijuana not only for medicinal purposes but just to relax with also. Non addictive. It's great for chronic pain.

I'm an old person 70 as a matter of fact and the dispensary I use is nothing but old people, some older than me. I had a discussion with someone in the office that is 54 and we agreed sometime between the 70's and now the thc levels have more than tripled. All my friends back then that smoked it if they didn't die in Vietnam became very successful and the ones I'm still in contact with still smoke it on and off. The tincture and vape I get from the dispensary is about the same levels back then. I had actually quit smoking when it because stronger and more expensive back in the 90's. I had a few joints here and there if one of my co workers gave me one but wow you could take no more that a couple of hits before going sky high.

One thing I noticed right off on tincture I'm taking is it gives you a better attitude and energy, I suppose that's sativa, the vape relaxes you more and helps you sleep. I use one or the other just about every other day. I've actually been coming into work early since I started.

So VOTE this coming November for DEMOCRATS if you want real change with marijuana.
LOL, Sorry but there isn't enough marijuana on Earth to get me high enough to do that.

Besides the Douche Bags-D had their shot at doing something about marijuana legalization legislation during Emperor ONimrod's reign and they didn't do jack about it, so that "real change" schtick is nothing but sloganeering.

Again i live in Colorado and lived through the political rhetoric, and it's very noticeable which party is friendlier & rational toward legalization, and I will guarantee you it's DEMOCRATS.

For those of you that live in deep red states where Democrats never win you're screwed for the next 50 years.

If you live in a purple state you've got a great chance of doing something this November. But you'll have to get to the polls to make it happen.

Last edited:

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

Awesome news...I’m hoping we can legalize heroin next. Decriminalizing / legalizing drugs makes them more accessible...it tells our children they must be okay....Plus, our children need more drug choices...impaired kids are always super productive and they always become super productive adults...that’s why all stoners are such winners. This is so cool!
You only think you are sarcastically joking. The stoners actually believe that children are better off impaired and the impaired are super productive.

No one has ever died of an overdose of marijuana. That is a FACT.

Now we have real addiction and deaths going on in this country over prescription opiods aka pain killers. And Colorado a legal marijuana state has decided to sue big Pharma, including pharmacies that have been pushing these pills.

Here is today's big DRUG problem.

“This case arises from the worst man-made epidemic in modern medical history — the misuse, abuse and over-prescription of opioids,” says the lawsuit, filed Thursday in Denver U.S. District Court.The Pueblo lawsuit follows a series of similar lawsuits filed by cities and counties across the nation, including Colorado. This lawsuit targets pharmaceutical manufacturers of prescription opioids and businesses along the supply chain, including wholesalers, grocery stores and pharmacies. The number of opioid overdoses in the U.S. rose from 8,000 in 1999 to more than 33,000 in 2015.

Drug overdose deaths have steadily increased in Colorado. In 2017, opioid painkillers claimed 357 lives, a record for Colorado, according to preliminary figures from the state health department. The opioid crisis has evolved in Pueblo County with addicts turning to heroin, fentanyl, and carfentanil, the lawsuit says. “As a practical and financial matter, the county has been saddled with an enormous economic burden. Nearly every department in the County is affected by the opioid crisis caused by Defendants in some manner,” the lawsuit says.

Hueferno county was the first local government in Colorado to file such a suit, but the county isn’t alone nationally. Around the country, Philadelphia and Delaware filed lawsuits. More than a dozen counties in New York filed similar lawsuits last year. A case filed by the city of Chicago in 2014 remains active.
Pueblo sues big Pharma and grocery stores in opioid racketeering case – The Denver Post
Denver and a dozen other Colorado communities are getting set to sue drug companies over opioid crisis – The Denver Post

Drug overdoses are skyrocketing across the U.S., prompting multiple states and the Department of Health and Human Services to issue emergency declarations. Provisional data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control estimate that drug overdoses are now responsible for at least 66,000 deaths annually (more than three times higher than in 1999) and are the leading cause of death among Americans under age 50. Drugs now kill more people in the U.S. each year than either car accidents or guns. It’s well understood that this increase in overdose deaths is being driven up by surges in opioid abuse, including both prescription opioids and heroin. Over 65% of drug overdose deaths today involve an opioid. To make matters worse, the recent uptick in synthetic opioids such as fentanyl — a man-made opioid that is 50x more potent than heroin — is pushing the death toll even higher.

0Szyp1t90JUAfpeUD6VreBZsww8JKNIb9y49BsqhOSCbSxRyUJenhc53IQl2x49qwEPUPI8_2vOapS3D-Kw2_yrnkT3tiQ6zwcdr95BEsyFC2Iilp7T4sckMnuT2PCR96KADtwuF

If you go to this link, you'll notice that those deep red states that have no marijuana laws, and are completely opposed to marijuana have the highest death rates due to opiods. In fact they are skyrocketing. Every state is listed at this link, so you'll be able to find yours. Indiana, Mike Pence's home state tops the charts at a 337% increase in opiod deaths over the last 10 years, & it's those deep red bible belt southern states that have seen skyrocketing deaths.due to opiods.
The States Hit Hardest by the Opioid Crisis

What happens is these people get hooked on pain killers that their doctors presribed, the doctors eventually cut them off, then they're out on the streets buying heroin.

Now do you still want to beat up on a plant that GOD put on this earth, that has real medicinal value, that has never sent anyone to an emergency room that then died from an overdose? MARIJUANA. Do you still want to waste billions of taxpayer dollars, arresting, prosecuting & incarcerating people over marijuana?

Last edited:

Again i live in Colorado and lived through the political rhetoric, and it's very noticeable which party is friendlier & rational toward legalization, and I will guarantee you it's DEMOCRATS.
That's nice, what's Colorado have to do with the Democrats not doing a damn thing at the federal level to legislate legalization? they had control of Congress and the White House during the Nimrods reign and didn't lift a finger.

Democrats talk a good game but don't actually DO anything on the issue of legislation lifting the federal ban; it's all smoke & mirrors designed to keep their useful idiots voting for them and anybody that falls for it is a fool.

If you're a Republican you're fool, if you're a Democrat you're a bigger fool.

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

Awesome news...I’m hoping we can legalize heroin next. Decriminalizing / legalizing drugs makes them more accessible...it tells our children they must be okay....Plus, our children need more drug choices...impaired kids are always super productive and they always become super productive adults...that’s why all stoners are such winners. This is so cool!
You only think you are sarcastically joking. The stoners actually believe that children are better off impaired and the impaired are super productive.

Oh believe me...I know. ‘Lifestyle’ stoners have themselves convinced that ALL doctors and lawyers are stoners.

You're probably unaware of the fact our Founding Fathers often partook in the use of Marijuana, Cocaine, Alcohol, and so on. And they only created the greatest nation in world history. They would not support Prohibition. Adult Citizens should decide for themselves whether or not they wanna get high or drunk. It isn't a Government issue.

Oh cool...you’re probably unaware of the fact that our founders were slave owning rapists. I suppose we should own and rape slaves?
Should we remove all laws from the books that protect good people from bad people, both fiscally and physically?
Look, liberties are lost through legislation...it happens everyday...unfortunately it has to happen.
If the majority of weed heads weren't filthy fucking losers and taxpayers weren’t paying their way I doubt many would complain.

That's nice, what's Colorado have to do with the Democrats not doing a damn thing at the federal level to legislate legalization? they had control of Congress and the White House during the Nimrods reign and didn't lift a finger.

Democrats talk a good game but don't actually DO anything on the issue of legislation lifting the federal ban; it's all smoke & mirrors designed to keep their useful idiots voting for them and anybody that falls for it is a fool.

Does anyone in D.C. do anything except collect their paychecks and wait for another paid federal holiday?

Hmmm this assumes that everyone wants legalization and only bad man politicians are stopping this magnificent exercise of freedom.

That's where you are wrong.

Does anyone in D.C. do anything except collect their paychecks and wait for another paid federal holiday?

Yeah.... the people in D.C. that work in the private sector; they have competitors to contend with and customers to please.

Hmmm this assumes that everyone wants legalization
No it doesn't , you're assuming it without actually reading the contents of the conversation in their entirety.

and only bad man politicians are stopping this magnificent exercise of freedom.
It's not about "stopping" it, it's about whether or not the Democrats have a better track record on federal prohibition repeal than the Republicans do (hint: They don't).

Forum List

Back