Time-limits on Edits!

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Just a suggestion, but there should be a time-limit on edits. If there have been 5-10 replies to a post and then a guy 5 days later edits and completely changes the post then the whole thread become jibberish. Maybe a 1 day edit time-limit would work.

My 2 Cents

Just a suggestion, but there should be a time-limit on edits. If there have been 5-10 replies to a post and then a guy 5 days later edits and completely changes the post then the whole thread become jibberish. Maybe a 1 day edit time-limit would work.

My 2 Cents

Depends. If that person comes along and edits, and he has already been quoted, his original post will show in the quote, not the edit. If one reads the entire thread, the discrepancy should be noticeable.

Depends. If that person comes along and edits, and he has already been quoted, his original post will show in the quote, not the edit. If one reads the entire thread, the discrepancy should be noticeable.

Yet many times people reply to the post without quoting and even when there is a quote it creates discrepancies.

Take for example the Liberalism, "Jillian is a Whore" thread. He edited his opening thread, but there were many shocked replies to the original message who didn't quote him. It might be nice to see what he said!

My 2 Cents
And what if it is edited by someone other than the poster ???(as happened to me today.) Did you have anything to do with that??

Exactly how does a user with no mod powers edit someone else's posts?
I don't know how, but perhaps a person who knows how to hack in??? and it seems a few days ago someone implied that they had the ability to do dasterdly deeds to a site.

I don't know how, but perhaps a person who knows how to hack in??? and it seems a few days ago someone implied that they had the ability to do dasterdly deeds to a site.

Being able to cause a site to shut down is not the same as being able to usurp editing functions. And the person your accusing was NOT the one that made the threat.

More importantly IF you had this happen you should be taking it up with a Moderator in private.

Being able to cause a site to shut down is not the same as being able to usurp editing functions. And the person your accusing was NOT the one that made the threat.

More importantly IF you had this happen you should be taking it up with a Moderator in private.

The only way it could happen is if someone quoted him and modified the quote either by accident or on purpose. But it would still be the same in the original. It should also still indicate the editor.

I also know when I was a mod on another board, there were a couple of times I accidentally hit the edit button on people's posts, instead of quoting them. It was purely accidental, but though I didn't change anything, the post still indicated it was edited by me.

I was on another board and, suprise, got banned. funny though, I was using a beta version of firefox and was still able to log on, post do everything as normal. it was like being a ghost or one with the force. Of course, I let the admins in on my fun because, despite the trolling, I did care for the site.

Anomolies happen.

:lol:
I would stay this is more of a case of an old man getting confused and forgetting what he posted! :rofl:

Your opinion, not mine, and I didn't know you make the rules.

But he is the one who has just tried to change that particular rule. Coincidence? maybe, ---but............"

Your opinion, not mine, and I didn't know you make the rules.

But he is the one who has just tried to change that particular rule. Coincidence? maybe, ---but............"

Still haven't given up the bottle yet, I see...

Still haven't given up the bottle yet, I see...
More of your delusional immaginations I see, since I don't use the bottle.

However, Shattered, I am absolutely shattered by your shattering Neg Post to me, shattering my otherwise unshattered equallibrium, with your Shattering Shit.----------"NOT"

Not only are you another COWARD. you are a "Stupid" Coward.

Good call RGS.

Just because there is little reason to be paranoid about having your submissions doesn't save the energy to be paranoid if that is the posters way of going.

My specialty is aggressive and direct counter measures to ugly, ill mannered, and ill informed post.

To find such posts in the open part of the forum and not in the "duke it out" free fire zone is unpardonable.

I would think that carrying on a thread like this one in the "yes, but . . . " mode is counter productive and indicates a thinness of skin for any so concerned.

Get over it and get on with it!

I AM

More of your delusional immaginations I see, since I don't use the bottle.

However, Shattered, I am absolutely shattered by your shattering Neg Post to me, shattering my otherwise unshattered equallibrium, with your Shattering Shit.----------"NOT"

Not only are you another COWARD. you are a "Stupid" Coward.

You accuse others of editing your posts, and I'M the stupid one?

LMAO.

- Yup, because you "ARE" a stupid bitch and the edit did happen (someone did it- you think nobody has the ability???)

You do realize there are concrete blocks out there with more smarts than you, right?

Congratulations.. The first step to overcoming is admitting to the problem. :rofl:

Just...DUH!
That's what you call admittng to a problem?, Pu hoing it?

and I see by your rep comment, you are still a cowardly bitch--- all in all, you are not worth a response. so I will stop ---as of now.

Forum List

Back