Time for Kasich to pack it in?

I voted for the guy and he's who I want to be president, but he had a dismal showing today.

A few delegates from a tie in Vermont.

Very poor 3rd place showing in Massachusetts.

Virtually nonexistent elsewhere.

He's got no path to the nomination even if he were to win Ohio which is unlikely.

I say time to drop out and support Rubio.

I don't think he's going anywhere until after ohio.

and at this point, Rubio has no path that I can see... or a very slim one. wouldn't cruz (who can't win either) be the more logical choice given his built in constituency among evangelicals?

I voted for the guy and he's who I want to be president, but he had a dismal showing today.

He's got no path to the nomination even if he were to win Ohio which is unlikely.

I like Kasich but he has no path to the nomination same with Carson. I would love to see Rubio get the nomination and choose Kasich for VP though that seems unlikely now. It's looking like it will be a Hillary vs Trump matchup God help us.

I've always thought Kasich/Rubio would have been their best ticket, especially considering electoral votes (Ohio & Florida).

Not this time. This thing is completely off the rails and not getting back on, any time soon.

Kasich/Rubio would have been the best ticket. The problem is that the Republican party has lost all sense of leadership. It's over crowded by too many ego maniacs who all have a desperate need for attention and to be "the boss," but who haven't the first clue how to lead. It's become such a free-for-all any old drumpf can waltz in and start trashing the join, and everyone just lets him because they'd rather spend their time trying to out-toddler each other in a teeming mass than to acquiesce to an adult reading them a bedtime story.

Once upon a time, the GOP would have been all too eager to throw it's support behind a candidate like Kasich. He's got all the experience in the world, is a proven leader, job creator, and fiscal hawk who has actually written a balanced federal budget from scratch. He is the ONLY person in the entire country who can say that. It's a slam goddamned dunk, but the GOP of the 21st too busy worrying about looking black if they play basketball.

In a flagrant assault on the very concept of meritocracy which the Republican Party is supposed to embrace, a field of 18 god-damned candidates all too stupid, stubborn, and/or evil to allow a petty thing like qualifications and competency stand in the way of their ego stroking fuckery. The GOP should be showcasing it's talent and selling the story to the American people about why Republican and conservative strategies are most beneficial to the American people. But instead of taking responsibility to get their own shit together the party sat by and done nothing on the excuse of letting voters decide, which is just their way of rationalizing the fact that everyone wants the privileges of being in charge, but nobody is willing to live up to the responsibilities of taking charge.

If the GOP had its shit together we would have had a small pool of candidates, Kasich would have easily been the front runner, Trump would have been laughed off stage months ago, and we'd be on our way to an easy cruising victory to 8 years of upcoming Republican occupancy of the White House. Instead, we get this....

Ah imagine how much better off we would be if Kasich had beaten Bush back in 2000....

Kasich was never going anywhere. Trump correctly analyzed the gop electorate and determined no party insider would win. If Trump wasn't in this, Cruz would be winning. Those are the numbers. Cruz is by all reports a pretty nasty piece of work. But, he's not been a total jerk, and he's been hard core on illegal immigration without playing the race card. And, if we really wanted to get illegal immigrants to go home, we could make some moves without trying to legally deport them or build some idiotic wall. But there's no way in hell I'd ever vote for a guy who says illegal aliens are rapists and murders. That's just a cut above calling them dirty Mexicans.

I've always thought Kasich/Rubio would have been their best ticket, especially considering electoral votes (Ohio & Florida).

Not this time. This thing is completely off the rails and not getting back on, any time soon.

Kasich/Rubio would have been the best ticket. The problem is that the Republican party has lost all sense of leadership. It's over crowded by too many ego maniacs who all have a desperate need for attention and to be "the boss," but who haven't the first clue how to lead. It's become such a free-for-all any old drumpf can waltz in and start trashing the join, and everyone just lets him because they'd rather spend their time trying to out-toddler each other in a teeming mass than to acquiesce to an adult reading them a bedtime story.

Once upon a time, the GOP would have been all too eager to throw it's support behind a candidate like Kasich. He's got all the experience in the world, is a proven leader, job creator, and fiscal hawk who has actually written a balanced federal budget from scratch. He is the ONLY person in the entire country who can say that. It's a slam goddamned dunk, but the GOP of the 21st too busy worrying about looking black if they play basketball.

In a flagrant assault on the very concept of meritocracy which the Republican Party is supposed to embrace, a field of 18 god-damned candidates all too stupid, stubborn, and/or evil to allow a petty thing like qualifications and competency stand in the way of their ego stroking fuckery. The GOP should be showcasing it's talent and selling the story to the American people about why Republican and conservative strategies are most beneficial to the American people. But instead of taking responsibility to get their own shit together the party sat by and done nothing on the excuse of letting voters decide, which is just their way of rationalizing the fact that everyone wants the privileges of being in charge, but nobody is willing to live up to the responsibilities of taking charge.

If the GOP had its shit together we would have had a small pool of candidates, Kasich would have easily been the front runner, Trump would have been laughed off stage months ago, and we'd be on our way to an easy cruising victory to 8 years of upcoming Republican occupancy of the White House. Instead, we get this....

Yep, agreed.

I think the party has fallen victim to (and I know how cliche this going to sound) all the wrong voices in the media. That has created this intense echo chamber that only seems to be getting worse. The "anti-establishment" side of the party appear to be willing to just rip it all down, and they think they can re-build a major party from the ashes. Okay, have fun with that.

While Kasich/Rubio would have been their best ticket, I'd just rather they ran Trump/Cruz and get this out of their system. This country needs two strong, cohesive parties asap.

Not that Kasich had a snowball's chance, he screwed the pooch with that "Kitchen " comment.
Kasich apologizes for saying women 'left their kitchens' to back him - CNNPolitics.com
What a colossal blunder.
The kitchen comment barely hurt him. He was already way down in the polls.

Sad but true, he is by far the most qualified and the least full of shit option out of the GOP field but the clowns have taken over. Let the drama age of extreme partisan politics continue... We are all screwed.

Beware_of_RINO.jpg

No, time for Kasich to strike a deal to be Trumps VP and hand Trump Ohio and maybe Michigan. Then Carson should pack it in and endorse Trump.

If you knew anything about Ohio and Michigan you'd know they don't care for each other. Kasich isn't going to do diddly in Michigan....he's sold out to Trump same as Crusty did.

Tissue??

Fuck Kasich, he's an East Coast RINO which makes him a absolute raving lunatic. He doesn't have conservative bone in his body...
He Kisses career politicians asses as well as his own career politicians ass, he's Barry's yes man...

Fuck Kasich, he's an East Coast RINO which makes him a absolute raving lunatic. He doesn't have conservative bone in his body...
He Kisses career politicians asses as well as his own career politicians ass, he's Barry's yes man...
:chillpill:

That's the last thing we need is more career politicians…

Kasich is not a right wing extremist kook, either is trump, which is why I like them both. Trump ain't no tea party kook either.

Rubio's best bet of beating these two clowns Cruz and Trump is if Kasich drops out and supports him. Kasich had a terrible showing on Super Tuesday. But he can deliver Ohio to Rubio by giving him his support. Surely Kasich would rather have Rubio than Trump or Cruz ....

That's the last thing we need is more career politicians…
He's balanced budgets. Aren't you always harping about debt?

Marco Rubio is starting to sound like a petulant child. If he loses his home state (Fla) to Trump he might fly off the handle.

Forum List

Back