Time for GOP panic? Establishment worried Carson or Trump might win

PaintMyHouse

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2014
...No Worse Enemy
One can only hope, and I'm sure are soon to be first female POTUS does...

"Less than three months before the kickoff Iowa caucuses, there is growing anxiety bordering on panic among Republican elites about the dominance and durability of Donald Trump and Ben Carson and widespread bewilderment over how to defeat them.

Party leaders and donors fear that nominating either man would have negative ramifications for the GOP ticket up and down the ballot, virtually ensuring a Hillary Rodham Clinton presidency and increasing the odds that the Senate falls into Democratic hands.

The party establishment is paralyzed. Big money is still on the sidelines. No consensus alternative to the outsiders has emerged from the pack of governors and senators running, and there is disagreement about how to prosecute the case against them. Recent focus groups of Trump supporters in Iowa and New Hampshire commissioned by rival campaigns revealed no silver bullet."

I heard on the news this morning there's a move on to "draft Mitt".

There's not one R candidate who is capable or qualified. They're not called the Clown Car for nuthin'.

*yawn* wake me up when either major party nominates a Cocker Spaniel for President since maybe then we'll have a shot at some integrity and competence in the Oval Office.

**** NOW BACK TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED POLITICIAN WORSHIP ****
Damn Fox. Just kill a thread why don't ya :lol:

• Banned
I heard on the news this morning there's a move on to "draft Mitt".

There's not one R candidate who is capable or qualified. They're not called the Clown Car for nuthin'.
Bring back magic Underpants and his Dancing Horse? I couldn't get that lucky.

Wonder how his car elevator worked out?

Anybody who wants Clinton has shit for brains. She's a fucking crook, a liar and frankly, not all that bright... she will not be POTUS.

Another corporatist OP.
Why do you hate the middle class? Did they fuck your boyfriend?

"Less than three months before the kickoff Iowa caucuses, there is growing anxiety bordering on panic among Republican elites about the dominance and durability of Donald Trump and Ben Carson and widespread bewilderment over how to defeat them.

Party leaders and donors fear that nominating either man would have negative ramifications for the GOP ticket up and down the ballot, virtually ensuring a Hillary Rodham Clinton presidency and increasing the odds that the Senate falls into Democratic hands.

The party establishment is paralyzed. Big money is still on the sidelines. No consensus alternative to the outsiders has emerged from the pack of governors and senators running, and there is disagreement about how to prosecute the case against them. Recent focus groups of Trump supporters in Iowa and New Hampshire commissioned by rival campaigns revealed no silver bullet."

There will be no party establishment candidate nominated. Folks are on to the establishments bullshit, they talk the talk of a conservative but they don't walk the walk.

There will be no party establishment candidate nominated. Folks are on to the establishments bullshit, they talk the talk of a conservative but they don't walk the walk.
That's great for the Dems, it means they win.

While the "Republican Establishment" (whoever that is) might be displeased with the current poll results, Republican primary voters are like a kid in a Baskin-Robbins - so many great flavors to choose that they just can't decide yet.

ANY ONE OF THEM would be hands-down a superior candidate to the evil, lying, witch who has already sewn up the Democrat nomination.

The Dems are all party establishment types. One will win the primary but none will win the Whitehouse.

Yes it's the Sharron Angle/Christine O'Donnell scenario revisited.

How'd that work out for you?

While the "Republican Establishment" (whoever that is) might be displeased with the current poll results, Republican primary voters are like a kid in a Baskin-Robbins - so many great flavors to choose that they just can't decide yet.

ANY ONE OF THEM would be hands-down a superior candidate to the evil, lying, witch who has already sewn up the Democrat nomination.
To be superior means you can win, and none of them can. They can't pretend to be David Duke for two years and then suddenly become Bill Clinton to gain back the center. If you want to lose with 40%, just keep on keeping on...

The Dems are all party establishment types. One will win the primary but none will win the Whitehouse.
Ask me why I'm not very concerned?
PartyVotes-Presidents.png

Yes it's the Sharron Angle/Christine O'Donnell scenario revisited.

How'd that work out for you?

Worked out fine for me.

If the RW's put their $$ where their ass is, the Vegas bookies will be really really rich

Forum List

Back