Tim Tebow Super Bowl Ad May Be Based On Falsehood

Discussion in 'Sports' started by blu, Jan 30, 2010.

1. ItHappens

ItHappens BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Is it documented this was a Doctor in the Phillipines or had she gone off the islands to receive such important care?

2. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    As far as I know, it is all information leaked by the Pro-choice movement attempting to bad-mouth FotF. To my knowledge, Focus on the Family has not made any statements about it although I imagine there is something on their website, which by the way, the ad sent viewers to.

Immie

3. geauxtohell

geauxtohell Choose your weapon.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,154
    No shit. I said the same thing four pages ago.

No shit. You are echoing my exact words.

According to what? Your website? Like I said, it's a medical emergency. Ironically, Tebow's mom said that she refused to get any prenatal care after being told she should abort. However, the interview makes it seem much less like a medical issue and more like a personality conflict between her and her Dr.

I agree, up until she starts running ads telling women to ignore medical advice. That ended up not being the case here.

Whether I succeed or not will have nothing to do with your hopes and everything to do with mine.

LMAO. You really are a dim bulb. I never said Tebow's mom didn't have a constitutional right to say what she wanted to say.

I said it was wrong for her to tell women to ignore medical advice.

That's it.

That's not what she ended up doing in the ad. So, as I said, much ado about nothing.

You've been so out to lunch on this issue, it's not even funny.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  4. geauxtohell

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,154
    If you actually watch the interview on the FOTF site, it seems that the Tebows weren't even aware of the abrupton until delivery.

It puts the whole issue in a different light.

It seems to me that, at best, Mrs. Tebow has hyped this a little (or maybe other hyped it).

You can watch her interview and follow the fact pattern and tell me if you think otherwise, though.

5. geauxtohell

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,154
    Purely per her reporting, which is not really helpful. Tebow's mom makes it seem like she ran into a pro-abortion Dr. who expressed a personal opinion she disagreed with, but never gave her a medical indication for needing to abort her child.

Like I said, it seems a little hyped by FOTF. Tebow's mom had no intention of aborting her child based on someone elses' personal opinion.

In that light, it seems a little bit like a fish tale.