Thunder Snow!

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
I woke up to the sound of thunder.....How far off I sat and wondered.....

I got up and looked out and the snow was coming down like nobody's business....With thunder!

It must be the edge of what is gonna pound the NE today. Good Luck! Easily a inch a hour or better.

Moving right fast too....Looks like it will be out of here in a hour or so.

sn 001 (2).JPG

I got up and looked out and the snow was coming down like nobody's business....With thunder!

It must be the edge of what is gonna pound the NE today. Good Luck! Easily a inch a hour or better.

View attachment 901546
Nice Seger insert.....

No thunder here in the Poconos but we're getting some big time snow. The TV signal is out so I can't get my usual weather channel but it doesn't look like it's going to stop any time soon. One thing for sure, it's beautiful.

No thunder here in the Poconos but we're getting some big time snow. The TV signal is out so I can't get my usual weather channel but it doesn't look like it's going to stop any time soon. One thing for sure, it's beautiful.
Yeah, you guys are gonna get hammered.....Looking at the radar it's almost over here (fast mover) but it looks like you have about three-four hours to go.

There are supposed to be 20 mph NW winds pushing it. Our winds have already shifted in that direction.

Pea plants are up ... cabbage and Brussels sprouts I planted indoors on Christmas Day are ready to transplant ... first rose blossoms are due any day now ... Daffys, crocus and narcissus are in full bloom ...

It's Spring ... why are you still getting snow? ... maybe you're asking the climatologists the wrong questions ...

Pea plants are up ... cabbage and Brussels sprouts I planted indoors on Christmas Day are ready to transplant ... first rose blossoms are due any day now ... Daffys, crocus and narcissus are in full bloom ...

It's Spring ... why are you getting snow still? ...
We get our worst snowstorms (as far as accumulation goes) this time of year. Thankfully it's not around long due to the warmer average temps.

It stopped here about a half hour or so ago....Around 3" on the deck....Roads are already just wet.

We get our worst snowstorms (as far as accumulation goes) this time of year. Thankfully it's not around long due to the warmer average temps.

It stopped here about a half hour or so ago....Around 3" on the deck....Roads are already just wet.

We shut our schools with just a dusting ... it's not the school buses that are unsafe, it's everyone else smashing into school buses that's the problem ... with a little black ice, folks drive faster and closer together ... weird I know, we marry our cousins and that tends to catch up with us in certain regards ...

It had been about ten years since our last snowstorm ... and the City Street Dep't had moved their lot ... and no one remembered where the snow plows were stored ... what a mess ... everything was covered in snow ... Life in Jefferson ...

View attachment 901546
do you have a radar image of the storm.

I was in one of these that dropped over a foot in N. Georgia back 30 years ago.
The radar image of the storm looked just like a hurricane.

Forum List

Back