Threshold for shamelessness

The statement attributed to Obama that "you did not get there on your own" and incorporated into a mitt ad is without doubt probably one of the more shameful things Mitt has done. It is clipped out, totally out of context and totally misleading. The definition of a lie. It is not the most shameful but it is a part of the pile.

It is particularly vile because Mitt is criticizing the president for the very thing he himself has said in his campaign speeches. It may be the ultimate flip flop when one flips on the exact verbiage used in your own speeches.

The folks on this board have certainly lapped it up and we cannot not know that it is not a lie. That is the question Maddow asks. Where does it all end? At what point are the candidates brought up short and made responsible for outright lies? At what point do we, their supporters begin, to wretch in disgust?

Apparently everyone finds this A OK, shucking their moral responsibility and what few principles remain with the standard statement of "They do it too!", as if that is the ultimate disclaimer for reprehensible acts.

As the old saying went, "We have met the enemy and they are us". We don't seem to mind that we are sinking to ever greater depths to gain our own advantage, perhaps thinking that when it is all over and we have won we can climb out of the slime as shining examples of virtue.

Nope the slime stays. It is hard to govern a whole nation when only half will forgive your immorality

Maddow blasts Romney for ‘brazenly empirically false’ ads | The Raw Story.

First.. I agree that Obama's statement is worse if you listen to the whole speech. He makes it clear that if you're successful, then you owe government for that success and should be required to pay more to take of those that didn't make use of the same opportunities.

Second.. Cry us a big freaking river about how mean Romney is after the free liberty that democrats have taken parsing Romney's statements. Obama should not set the precedents if he doesn't want to play by them.

he did nearly the same thing earlier in his campaign.

mitt lies for political gain.

its what he does

Lies...... What President in our history has told more lies than Barack Obama.

You people who milk the system will not admit to anything that may have you work every day.
All at the expense of the Nation.. Are you are that stupid? Where do you think you will be in 10 years? It won't be pretty I can tell you that.

It's wrong for "We the People" to ever think in terms of 'we' instead of 'me'?

Show us where the context makes it worse for Obama, or shut up and go away.
Boiking could get caught in bed with the proverbial dead woman, live boy, or a bag full of double Whoppers with cheez and you still wouldn't pull out head out of his ass.

Shut up and go away.

Stupidity can be funny, yours is more annoying.
Then you must get huge belly laughs just looking in the mirror, Buckwheat.

Here is Ezra Klien whining about the ad.

Mitt Romney’s misleading attack ad

This is Ezra "I've got my head so far up Chris Matthews Ass, his dick has my face on it" Klein.

His case is pathetic and meaningless. He's crying foul where there isn't one.

Obama said it....Get over it.

BTW: Ezra, they didn't edit anything. They quoted what they quoted in full. You lying bastard. You are the one who is misleading people.

Obama's speech is online. Compare it to the ad. Then try to twist your morality into accetance.

I've seen it dickweed and the message is the same. It all comes across the same.

He said it....deal with it.

I make the statement, "I am going to kill the bushes in my backyard".

Someone quotes the first seven words. I said those words. Has the meaning been changed..................or not?

The statement attributed to Obama that "you did not get there on your own" and incorporated into a mitt ad is without doubt probably one of the more shameful things Mitt has done. It is clipped out, totally out of context and totally misleading. The definition of a lie. It is not the most shameful but it is a part of the pile.

It is particularly vile because Mitt is criticizing the president for the very thing he himself has said in his campaign speeches. It may be the ultimate flip flop when one flips on the exact verbiage used in your own speeches.

The folks on this board have certainly lapped it up and we cannot not know that it is not a lie. That is the question Maddow asks. Where does it all end? At what point are the candidates brought up short and made responsible for outright lies? At what point do we, their supporters begin, to wretch in disgust?

Apparently everyone finds this A OK, shucking their moral responsibility and what few principles remain with the standard statement of "They do it too!", as if that is the ultimate disclaimer for reprehensible acts.

As the old saying went, "We have met the enemy and they are us". We don't seem to mind that we are sinking to ever greater depths to gain our own advantage, perhaps thinking that when it is all over and we have won we can climb out of the slime as shining examples of virtue.

Nope the slime stays. It is hard to govern a whole nation when only half will forgive your immorality

On the other hand, when taken in context, it's worse for Obama. The entire speech was shameful and deserves to be made an example of the stark difference between Obama's collectivist thinking and the way most Americans treasure individual accomplishment.

The speech, taken without alteration ,is almost identical in content to speeches made by Romney.

I am not talking about unedited speeches. We are talking about editing speeches into fairy tales that never happened. Plain and simple lies.

If the speech is such a bad example it should need no editing.

Pretty hard to put the entire speech in an ad...but I get your "The other guy did it too" argument. Both sides sicken me, but that's old news for Libertarians.

Boiking could get caught in bed with the proverbial dead woman, live boy, or a bag full of double Whoppers with cheez and you still wouldn't pull out head out of his ass.

Shut up and go away.

Good going Odd. I like the way you can combine idiocy with racism and other dishonesty. It's a real talent

On the other hand, when taken in context, it's worse for Obama. The entire speech was shameful and deserves to be made an example of the stark difference between Obama's collectivist thinking and the way most Americans treasure individual accomplishment.

The speech, taken without alteration ,is almost identical in content to speeches made by Romney.

I am not talking about unedited speeches. We are talking about editing speeches into fairy tales that never happened. Plain and simple lies.

Pretty hard to put the entire speech in an ad...but I get your "The other guy did it too" argument. Both sides sicken me, but that's old news for Libertarians.

Now you are going to tell me that Libertarian politicians are honest? Get specific here I would really like to know some.

Is your first line there a statement or question? Either way, it makes little sense.

The context is the entire speech, which makes crystal clear Obama's collectivist ideas. I'm sure you nanny staters think it's fine but for me and many others, it draws a crystal clear distinction.

"...shut up and go away". Hey, now there's a brilliant retort. Just genius...:eusa_eh:

First.. I agree that Obama's statement is worse if you listen to the whole speech. He makes it clear that if you're successful, then you owe government for that success and should be required to pay more to take of those that didn't make use of the same opportunities.

Second.. Cry us a big freaking river about how mean Romney is after the free liberty that democrats have taken parsing Romney's statements. Obama should not set the precedents if he doesn't want to play by them.

Ah the old moral coverup. Nothing about right, or honesty. In it's essence it is the 6 year old throwing himself on the ground, pounding his little fists in the dirt and shouting "He did it too and he did it firster and worster than me."

Proud of that?

This is just the liberal way. Call Romney a FELON...without a shred of proof and in the face of proof to the contrary and then cry fool when the opposition uses YOUR OWN WORDS as proof of your radical ideology. DAMN you liberals are a bunch of disingenuous putzes.

Obama's "tail wags the dog" comments are a perfect example of how out of touch with the real world he really is. He spent so much time sequestered in the halls of academia and company of radicals that the real world and history of this country is simply beyond his grasp.

You didn't build that. REALLY? So, the wealth that built this country...before the first road or bridge was ever built by the federal government...or there was even a damn government...NEVER HAPPENED, huh!?!?

Even his claim that government research "created the internet" is WRONG! The internet was "invented" by college students, adopted by the military and until it was turned over to commercial development, was about as much use as tits on a boar hog!

Hell, the fed has been chasing it's tail since the beginning trying to keep up with the growth in entrepreneurship and innovation that it sparked...and they STILL ain't caught up!

The federal government, roads, bridges, post office...EVERYTHING he cites as things we owe our success to only exist BECAUSE WE BUILT IT!

It was built by the sweat of OUR brow!

This is a perfect example of the difference between the15-20% that are liberals/progressives and the rest of America. They believe that what you earn only exist because the government allows it and it is the government's to take and use as the ruling elite deems necessary.

The rest of us KNOW that the government only exist to carry out the will of we the people by what ever authority and mandate we CHOOSE to give our representatives.

It's amazing how blatantly uninformed and ignorant some people really are about our history, foundings and Constitution. For a guy that the left offers up as the smart guy and a constitutional law professor, Obama AIN'T GOT A CLUE!!!

Now you are going to tell me that Libertarian politicians are honest? Get specific here I would really like to know some.

I have no proven examples of lies from the likes of Ron Paul, Rand Paul, Gary Johnson, etc. Do you? That said, I'm not saying all Libertarian politicians are saints and have never told a lie. I'm sure some have but when compared to the boatload of bullshit we see from Ds and Rs alike? Not even close.

Romney should play that ad over and over and over and over and over and over.....

Perhaps Pres. Barry Kardashian shouldn't say such fabulously stupid shit.

Is your first line there a statement or question? Either way, it makes little sense.

The context is the entire speech, which makes crystal clear Obama's collectivist ideas. I'm sure you nanny staters think it's fine but for me and many others, it draws a crystal clear distinction.

"...shut up and go away". Hey, now there's a brilliant retort. Just genius...:eusa_eh:

If the entire speech shows that Obama is a collectivist then MItt must be one also. He has made speeches that say exactly the same thing Obama is saying. They are online. Look them up.

Are you telling me that a business can be built, without the infrastructure that we all pay for through government? Is that what you are saying? I'd like to know how.

If the entire speech shows that Obama is a collectivist then MItt must be one also. He has made speeches that say exactly the same thing Obama is saying. They are online. Look them up.

Are you telling me that a business can be built, without the infrastructure that we all pay for through government? Is that what you are saying? I'd like to know how.

It's online, look it up.

Good going Odd. I like the way you can combine idiocy with racism and other dishonesty. It's a real talent
And I like the way that unabashed hack jobs like you can turn a deaf ear to smearing a man for things his former company did years after he left it, borderline slanderous implications that the same man may have committed felonious acts, only to turn your petty hack job ass around 180° and act all huffy and outraged over a speech excerpt which clearly does encapsulate the utter contempt that your matinee idol Boiking has for the producers of this nation.

Idiocy and dishonesty indeed.

Oh, and negged for playing the race card.

You shut the fuck up and go away, you pusillanimous pissant.

And I like the way that unabashed hack jobs like you can turn a deaf ear to smearing a man for things his former company did years after he left it, borderline slanderous implications that the same man may have committed felonious acts, only to turn your petty hack job ass around 180° and act all huffy and outraged over a speech excerpt which clearly does encapsulate the utter contempt that your matinee idol Boiking has for the producers of this nation.

Idiocy and dishonesty indeed.

Oh, and negged for playing the race card.

And to add to what Oddball said, nobody denies the role of government in helping to facilitate commerce, but you turn a corner when that role morphs into attempting absolute control of commerce.

Not at all. What he said is true.

Mittens had financial help to start Bain, to be a career candidate and has just given him kid $10MILLION to start a business.

Mittens is a liar.

Are you asking me to defend Romney? Not going to happen. Paul I'll defend.

I'm pretty sure that those building successful businesses also paid for that infrastructure...to a FAR greater extent than all the recipients out there. We already have the most progressive tax structure in the modern world. Suggesting successful people owe even more because of the roads they previously paid for is ridiculous. But let's be honest, Obama's speech wasn't about roads, it was about more redistribution and class warfare.

Not at all. What he said is true.

Mittens had financial help to start Bain, to be a career candidate and has just given him kid $10MILLION to start a business.

Mittens is a liar.

Well that certainly justifies even more progressive tax rates and class warfare...:eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back