Threshold for shamelessness

The statement attributed to Obama that "you did not get there on your own" and incorporated into a mitt ad is without doubt probably one of the more shameful things Mitt has done. It is clipped out, totally out of context and totally misleading. The definition of a lie. It is not the most shameful but it is a part of the pile.

It is particularly vile because Mitt is criticizing the president for the very thing he himself has said in his campaign speeches. It may be the ultimate flip flop when one flips on the exact verbiage used in your own speeches.

The folks on this board have certainly lapped it up and we cannot not know that it is not a lie. That is the question Maddow asks. Where does it all end? At what point are the candidates brought up short and made responsible for outright lies? At what point do we, their supporters begin, to wretch in disgust?

Apparently everyone finds this A OK, shucking their moral responsibility and what few principles remain with the standard statement of "They do it too!", as if that is the ultimate disclaimer for reprehensible acts.

As the old saying went, "We have met the enemy and they are us". We don't seem to mind that we are sinking to ever greater depths to gain our own advantage, perhaps thinking that when it is all over and we have won we can climb out of the slime as shining examples of virtue.

Nope the slime stays. It is hard to govern a whole nation when only half will forgive your immorality

Maddow blasts Romney for ‘brazenly empirically false’ ads | The Raw Story.

On the other hand, when taken in context, it's worse for Obama. The entire speech was shameful and deserves to be made an example of the stark difference between Obama's collectivist thinking and the way most Americans treasure individual accomplishment.

Not at all. What he said is true.

Mittens had financial help to start Bain, to be a career candidate and has just given him kid $10MILLION to start a business.

Mittens is a liar.

Who gave $10,000,000 to whom? Did the American taxpayer give money to Romney?

No.... so you're full of shit... again.

...As the Neocon/voodoo greedy, incompetent (non)handling of our infrastructure, education,health care, and business have ruined our country and our competitiveness in the world market over the last 30 years plus (see sig pp1)....

Making life harder and harder for the nonrich and refusal to invest at home is pure myopic, ideologically blind incompetence.

Last edited:
You leftists fuckwits need to put down Das Kapital, Kritik der politischen Ökonomie and pick up An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations.

It would be great start in fixing your mental malaise...

Last edited:
Pretty hard to put the entire speech in an ad...but I get your "The other guy did it too" argument. Both sides sicken me, but that's old news for Libertarians.

Now you are going to tell me that Libertarian politicians are honest? Get specific here I would really like to know some.

I have no proven examples of lies from the likes of Ron Paul, Rand Paul, Gary Johnson, etc. Do you? That said, I'm not saying all Libertarian politicians are saints and have never told a lie. I'm sure some have but when compared to the boatload of bullshit we see from Ds and Rs alike? Not even close.

I sometimes feel like I am the designated librarian for this board. I think that the distortions and lies of both Pauls can be demonstrated with little effort. You want to get
into a tit for tat I can probably win.

As for Gary Johnson. He is practically unknown. I know nothing of him and pay some attention.

I will guess that Mr. Johnson is preaching to a small designated audience of Libertarians, or near Libertarians, and gives them what they want to hear. No one bitches much because no one cares.

The Libertarian message is fraught with, shall was say, inconsistencies.

Now you are going to tell me that Libertarian politicians are honest? Get specific here I would really like to know some.

I have no proven examples of lies from the likes of Ron Paul, Rand Paul, Gary Johnson, etc. Do you? That said, I'm not saying all Libertarian politicians are saints and have never told a lie. I'm sure some have but when compared to the boatload of bullshit we see from Ds and Rs alike? Not even close.

I sometimes feel like I am the designated librarian for this board. I think that the distortions and lies of both Pauls can be demonstrated with little effort. You want to get
into a tit for tat I can probably win.

As for Gary Johnson. He is practically unknown. I know nothing of him and pay some attention.

I will guess that Mr. Johnson is preaching to a small designated audience of Libertarians, or near Libertarians, and gives them what they want to hear. No one bitches much because no one cares.

The Libertarian message is fraught with, shall was say, inconsistencies.

I stand by my previous comments. You've added nothing.

You leftists fuckwits need to put down Das Kapital, Kritik der politischen Ökonomie and pick up An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations.

I really appreciate your fact filled witty comebacks. Nothing could be more demonstrative of the depth of the conservative mind.

6a00d8341c60fd53ef01774373f1be970d-pi

I really appreciate your fact filled witty comebacks. Nothing could be more demonstrative of the depth of the conservative mind.

And Obama's ridiculous comments are quite demonstrative of the depth of the leftist mind.

Funny, when Obama speaks off-TelePrompTer, you get some chilling insights into who he really is.

I stand by my recommendation.

Obama's speech is online. Compare it to the ad. Then try to twist your morality into accetance.

I've seen it dickweed and the message is the same. It all comes across the same.

He said it....deal with it.

I make the statement, "I am going to kill the bushes in my backyard".

Someone quotes the first seven words. I said those words. Has the meaning been changed..................or not?

Fallacy: Special Pleading

You are hacking up a sentence. Try again

The piece that Romney put up does nothing to alter nor intensify the meaning of BHO's message.

End of story.

...Are you telling me that a business can be built, without the infrastructure that we all pay for through government? Is that what you are saying? I'd like to know how.
You have GOT to be kidding!?!?!

This backbone of this country was built before the first government road or bridge was built. And when they were built, it was with wealth confiscated by the government from those willing to risk, work, sacrifice and build in ON THEIR OWN!

As a matter of fact, the MAJORITY of roads and bridges built that opened up this country to it's explosive growth were built by private citizens and companies...the very people you and Obama say didn't do it on their own!

You look that up!

The tail does NOT wag the dog!

And just to set the record straight, the federal government does NOT build SHIT! It provides SEED funds that must be matched by the state and local governments. The bridges, roads, and buildings are then built by businesses started and run by the people who can't do it on their own. They are paid by those funds that ALL came from the pockets of the very people you claim can't do it on their own!

If that were true...there would be no funds for governments to confiscate!

The tail don't wag the dog!!!

This is who O is. No teleprompter and the ideology cant be covered up. Its not resonating well with people.

What am I supposed to do, fill in the blanks? "This is who O is"?

What the hell does that mean?

It means he is a rigid ideologue in communist thought. Look at the genre of his campaign art work. Now, go research his mentors and you should be able to surmise the rest.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJKzlIT-n6E]Rombo: Santorum Hits Romney Hard In New Ad - YouTube[/ame]

All Romney knows is attack

It's wrong for "We the People" to ever think in terms of 'we' instead of 'me'?

Show us where the context makes it worse for Obama, or shut up and go away.

Is your first line there a statement or question? Either way, it makes little sense.

The context is the entire speech, which makes crystal clear Obama's collectivist ideas. I'm sure you nanny staters think it's fine but for me and many others, it draws a crystal clear distinction.

"...shut up and go away". Hey, now there's a brilliant retort. Just genius...:eusa_eh:

If the entire speech shows that Obama is a collectivist then MItt must be one also. He has made speeches that say exactly the same thing Obama is saying. They are online. Look them up.

Are you telling me that a business can be built, without the infrastructure that we all pay for through government? Is that what you are saying? I'd like to know how.

It is possible.....but highly unlikely.

But that isn't the case he is making here.

Obama is about justifying his "spread the wealth around attitude". And that is what this is about. Nobody who contributed to a business got something from someone who wasn't looking to better themselves.

Does the government build roads ? No, the government contracts that out to people who are in private business. They take our tax dollars and use them to pay other private businesses. Does government own oil refineries ? No. They buy gas like everyone else.

The government then becomes the decision making body. If a road is needed, people will get it in (and if it didn't require tons of permits....probably a lot cheaper).

So cut the crap.

Obama is all about homogonizing us. Something we don't want.

Tell him to stop building roads, paying teachers (which he does not do anyway) and take the fed and get the hell out of the way. Roads will get built, kids educated and whole lot more without his "help".

Forum List

Back