Three Years

In comparison, Trump seeks to drive spending down from 21 percent of gross domestic product to just under 18.5 percent by 2027 and cut the national debt by about a fifth.
Trump added $666 billion to our debt in his first year, and asked for MORE.

Trump also added another $1.5 trillion in debt onto the backs of our unborn descendants.

So much for any bullshit about driving spending down! :lol:

You've been hoaxed, rube.

Wakey wakey!

Prove your statement as I did with a link.
NOW proof ...
What happened:
Higher outlays for
  • Social Security,
  • Medicare, and
  • Medicaid,
  • as well as interest on the public debt,
contributed to the boost in spending for the year, the Treasury Department said.
Higher spending by the Federal Emergency Management Administration for hurricane relief also boosted overall outlays.
The agency’s disaster relief spending climbed by 33% for the year.

U.S. ends fiscal 2017 with $666 billion budget deficit

FEMA Is Nearly Out of Cash, Just as Hurricanes Harvey and Irma Strike
SEP 7 2017, 1:51 PM ET

The federal response to Hurricane Harvey’s devastation in Texas has quickly depleted FEMA’s disaster relief fund, which dropped by $2.14 billion last Thursday to $1.01 billion as of Tuesday. The figures from FEMA were first reported by Bloomberg and later confirmed by NBC News.
FEMA is nearly out of cash at the worst possible time

It seems to me the key difference between the late 90s GOP Congress and the current day GOP Congress is that we had a President back then who wanted a balanced budget while today we have a President who is keen to borrow as many trillions from China as he can get away with.

You dolt, the President does not pass budgets, that was a GOP run Congress. Clinton merely signed it.

Your obvious partisan bias is an embarrassment.

g wants you to believe that he and he alone is the lone remaining Republican in the Nation and yet he shows great love a affection for everything the Dems say and want to do.

When has he shown love to the Dems? I've missed it. I just see him asking that Republicans do what they run on. They constantly claim to be fiscally responsible, but never deliver.

The Republicans have controlled our nation's purse strings for three years. In all that time, they have not managed to write a budget.

When they sign yet another CR this week, it will be the FOURTH since the beginning of the fiscal year three and a half months ago.

Since taking control of the purse strings, the Republican Congress has been increasing our nation's debt, sending it skyrocketing past $20 trillion on Trump's watch.

It is now rapidly approaching $21 trillion.

Incredibly, the pseudocons have been demonstrating for the past week that they have been completely oblivious to this fact!

Trump's deficit for last year is $666 billion, and he wanted MORE, but Congress denied him.

I guess we should not be surprised the GOP can't figure out how to write a budget in three years. After all, they haven't come up with an ObamaCare replacement in EIGHT years.

I will now stand by as the tards arrive with their usual red herrings and "B-b-b-b-b-but Obama!" retorts.

Ever since I have arrived on this forum, I have been addressing the debt and how to pay it off and lower tax rates for everyone. I have probably proposed solutions more than everyone else on this forum combined.

But that wont' stop the tards from accusing me of not caring when Obama was running up the debt. Just watch.

The red herrings are just a vain attempt to avoid facing the fact they have been massively hoaxed by the big spending Trump and the GOP.
I think we need more tax expenditures.

The Republicans have controlled our nation's purse strings for three years. In all that time, they have not managed to write a budget.

When they sign yet another CR this week, it will be the FOURTH since the beginning of the fiscal year three and a half months ago.

Since taking control of the purse strings, the Republican Congress has been increasing our nation's debt, sending it skyrocketing past $20 trillion on Trump's watch.

Incredibly, the pseudocons have been demonstrating for the past week that they have been completely oblivious to this fact!

Trump's deficit for last year is $666 billion, and he wanted MORE, but Congress denied him.

I guess we should not be surprised the GOP can't figure out how to write a budget in three years. After all, they haven't come up with an ObamaCare replacement in EIGHT years.

I will now stand by as the tards arrive with their usual red herrings and "B-b-b-b-b-but Obama!" retorts.

Ever since I have arrived on this forum, I have been addressing the debt and how to pay it off and lower tax rates for everyone. I have probably proposed solutions more than everyone else on this forum combined.

But that wont' stop the tards from accusing me of not caring when Obama was running up the debt. Just watch.

The red herrings are just a vain attempt to avoid facing the fact they have been massively hoaxed by the big spending Trump and the GOP.

amen-brother.jpg

What occurred the first week of Nov 2016?
+26,000 today
2017-1-26-dow-jones-industrial-average-chart.png

So? What's that go to do with you or 300,000,000 other people?

Perspective | Yes, stocks are up. But 80 percent of the value is held by the richest 10 percent.

Gotta love it --- - your ability to take a few facts, sprinkle liberally with falsehoods, weave a fantasy around the concoction, take it out of context, and present it as "the truth" .

For example, I notice that you completely fail to recognize that it requires 60 Senate votes to pass ANY budget proposals - you know, the 60 that requires Democrats to contribute to. You conveniently "forget" that .....

As for your nonsensical proposed "solutions" to the debt (AND lower tax rates) borders on silliness. Come up with something that would work, and we can discuss it. Until then, not so much .....

What part of the fact that the Republicans control the House, the Senate and the Oval Office did you miss?

What occurred the first week of Nov 2016?
+26,000 today
2017-1-26-dow-jones-industrial-average-chart.png
Red herring.

The Dow rose 300 percent on Obama's watch and you tards never ONCE bragged about it. You STINK of hypocrisy.

But you whined about his spending, now didn't you?

So when will the GOP and Trump stop borrowing money from our enemies because they ran out of other people's money?

The DOW rising 300 percent, coming out of a recession, carries about the same difficulty as cutting your toenails. The truth is much simpler - a 300% increase is a fail - if that's the best you can get, you probably should just go home (oh wait, we SENT you home, didn't we?)
Let me know when the Dow has gone up 300 percent on Trump's watch, mm-kay?

Trump's going to ride Obama's coat tails for as long as he can, taking credit for everything, even when it's just smoke and mirrors.

More layoffs at Carrier factory Trump touted last year

He waves a shiny tin object in front of these idiot's noses and they think it's platinum.

When did the senate need a 60 vote majority to pass a budget?

Gotta love it --- - your ability to take a few facts, sprinkle liberally with falsehoods, weave a fantasy around the concoction, take it out of context, and present it as "the truth" .

For example, I notice that you completely fail to recognize that it requires 60 Senate votes to pass ANY budget proposals - you know, the 60 that requires Democrats to contribute to. You conveniently "forget" that .....

As for your nonsensical proposed "solutions" to the debt (AND lower tax rates) borders on silliness. Come up with something that would work, and we can discuss it. Until then, not so much .....

What part of the fact that the Republicans control the House, the Senate and the Oval Office did you miss?

The part where you intentionally failed to mention IT WAS DEMOCRATS WHO FILIBUSTERED and shut down the government. Wait for it...OH SNAP! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

None of it .... nor did I miss that you have clearly demonstrated your ignorance of the political and legislative processes when you make inane statements like that.

When did the senate need a 60 vote majority to pass a budget?

Not long

... beginning in 1781, 2/3 majority was required to pass fiscal bills in the Senate. This was changed to 60% in 2013 by our Democrat controlled Senate.

Forum List

Back