Three Exculpatory Facts the MSM Continues to Overlook in the Arizona Shootings

Just admit it.

This whole thread was an excuse so you could use the word "Exculpatory"

Thinking liberals and lefties agree with you, incidently.

The source of the vitriol is BIPARTISAN.

I know you cannot admit that we agree with you, but really, that's not our problem, that's your problem.

lol ...

It's certainly bipartisan but you will have no luck getting to the OP to own up to anything.

However, interestingly enough depending on how much stock you put in polls about half the country assigns some blame to the political and pundit rhetoric for the Arizona shooting.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/images/01/17/rel1b.pdf

It's no wonder the Malkin's of the world are losing their Cheerios over this.

FROM YOUR LINK.

question...... Premise being , how much to you blame the following....

A map on Sarah Palin's website that marked 20 Congressional districts, including the District represented by the Congresswoman who was shot, with an image that looked like the cross hairs of a gun?

Great Deal 19%
Moderate amount 16 %
NOT MUCH 15%
NOT AT ALL 44%
No opinion 5%

If we lump the moderate with the great we get 35 percent.
If we lump the Not much with the Not at all we get 59%
I would suggest the no opinion goes with the second group.

Further when asked if Harsh Rhetoric might cause a similar incident in the future only 25 percent said Very Likely.

Your point?

Again ... I don't care why it started, I'm glad it is happening.

Right/left/whatever, I am tired of the never ending outrage-a-thon and I am glad it is (and pardon my ironic choice of words) under siege.

I've been saying this, too. The fucking overboard rhetoric just feeds division, I mean....look at posters like Samurai :eusa_eh:

:lol:

:eek:

It is the dishonesty contained within the MSM that makes it partisan. Own it. It is your side. Less than an hour after the shooting, the NYT was running with it being a 'right wing extremist'. Less than an hour! Jack shit about the victims, absolutely no facts, just their stupid 'speculation' masquerading as fact. And not one of our board's intelligent liberals has the balls to call out the liberal media for it. Not one.

This is not a bipartisan shitpile. This one is down to the liberals. Your media. Hold them to a higher standard.

And... for the record, I would absolutely be calling out the right wing media had they started this shitpile. But they didn't.

Frankly, I don't care who cast the first stone.

Long before the shooting I've been saying that our media and 24 the hour outrage cycle is out of control and playing a role in tearing this country apart. I'm glad these people are having their feet held to the fire.

No, of course you don't..... it would be a tad inconvenient for your political views for you to 'care' about why this shitstorm kicked off.

And, so have I. Big fucking deal. The problem is you aren't holding the liberal media's feet to the fire. Y'all are ignoring the inconvenient truth and bitching about how Palin has reacted. Bad form. Failing the 'honest' test.

I agree! We must call for them to help "usher in" this new age of civility
Civility- the Left calls MSM to apologize & investigate Left-wing hate behind Fuller Who are we kidding,
we all know that is the last thing the Left wing wants.

They failed big time and the last thing they want to do is draw even more attention to their hate and failings.

Of course, if they were truly sincere in their new found call for "civility" then it would be expected that they would
call upon the perpetrators of Left hate in the MSM to apologize. The "call" to the MSM would also help them address
their bias in how it treats events based on politics and victims.

At minimal, they should make people like Paul Krugman watch this video over a hundred times :

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPrYZ9wwCv4&feature=player_embedded"]You Tube[/ame]

Second, the Left should call for the MSM to investigate the "climate of hate" that the Left created that could have influenced Eric Fuller.

Fuller, a poor victim of the Jared shootings, was wounded and vulnerable.
Yet, for reasons not fully investigated by the MSM yet, Fuller became violent and threatening to the point
where he has been arrested for threatening the life of Trent Humphries, a local Tea Party leader.

According to reports, Fuller snapped a photo of Humphries and said "you're dead" when Humphries rose to speak at a local forum being sponsored by ABC News.

Fuller was arrested and seeing that he was a Left political activist, authorities sent him to a mental hospital for evaluation.

I am sure it is only a matter of time before the Left calls upon the likes
of Sheriff Clarence Dupnik, Krugman and the MSM to focus their "skills" for
"proving" causation between political speech and violence on this case.

No doubt the MSM will look into whether Humphries was targeted by Fuller because of a widespread campaign to blame Tea Parties for the Tucson shooting, which resulted in Humphries receiving hate mail.

The Left wing hate against Humphries was based on an interview Humphries gave to The Guardian newspaper. The Left wing, not satisfied with damage they have done to our country already, decided to misquote this article and generate a larger "climate of hate".

Did this demonization of Humphries cause a "climate of hate" against Humphries in which Fuller got caught up and was, in effect, used by the Left?

Oddly enough after Fuller's arrest, the MSM now fails to mention the recent campaign of vilification against Humphries or sometimes that he is even a Tea Party Leader.
Funny how that works....

The MSM and the Left politicized the Loughner shooting because his intended victim was a Democrat and therefore assumed political ideas onto Loughner where none existed.

Notice, how in contrast, the MSM and the Left treat Fuller ONLY as someone suffering from mental illness whose politics are irrelevant.
Funny how that works as well...

Again, I'm sure it is only a matter of time before the Democrats call out to the MSM to have their perpetrators of Left hate speech to apologize and fully investigate the left hate behind the Fuller threats.

Indeed, the Democrats do not want to look insincere in their call for "civility"; otherwise, they would look even more like hypocrites for not doing so

Last edited:
lol ...

It's certainly bipartisan but you will have no luck getting to the OP to own up to anything.

However, interestingly enough depending on how much stock you put in polls about half the country assigns some blame to the political and pundit rhetoric for the Arizona shooting.

FROM YOUR LINK.

A map on Sarah Palin's website that marked 20 Congressional districts, including the District represented by the Congresswoman who was shot, with an image that looked like the cross hairs of a gun?

Great Deal 19%
Moderate amount 16 %
NOT MUCH 15%
NOT AT ALL 44%
No opinion 5%

Further when asked if Harsh Rhetoric might cause a similar incident in the future only 25 percent said Very Likely.

Your point?

You claimed close to 50 percent blamed the Politicians, or what you really meant, since the Press is ONLY blaming Palin, is Palin. SIMPLY NOT TRUE. You have already stated you do not care that the left leaning press keeps naming Palin as the problem and ignores the fact that the left used the EXACT same map style she did, TWICE.

You are ignoring the fact that the left is blaming Palin when the shooter had a hate on since 2007 LONG before Palin was even known in the Continental USA. You are a hypocrite and a fraud. Not to mention a lying sack of shit.

:eusa_boohoo:

What you continue to overlook is that everyone knows what Sarah Palin is and they have since McCain disagreed with her hatred in that townhall.

She is a dumb tool.

Anyone who thinks Sarah Palin is dumb, stupid, or a moron, is either dumb, stupid or a moron. Yep.

What you continue to overlook is that everyone knows what Sarah Palin is and they have since McCain disagreed with her hatred in that townhall.

She is a dumb tool.

Anyone who thinks Sarah Palin is dumb, stupid, or a moron, is either dumb, stupid or a moron. Yep.

Well, I'm dumb stupid AND a moron then. I think she's all three.

FROM YOUR LINK.

Great Deal 19%
Moderate amount 16 %
NOT MUCH 15%
NOT AT ALL 44%
No opinion 5%

Your point?

You claimed close to 50 percent blamed the Politicians, or what you really meant, since the Press is ONLY blaming Palin, is Palin. SIMPLY NOT TRUE. You have already stated you do not care that the left leaning press keeps naming Palin as the problem and ignores the fact that the left used the EXACT same map style she did, TWICE.

You are ignoring the fact that the left is blaming Palin when the shooter had a hate on since 2007 LONG before Palin was even known in the Continental USA. You are a hypocrite and a fraud. Not to mention a lying sack of shit.

This is why I generally just mock and ridicule you. I make a post saying that depending on how much you believe polls about half the country assigns some blame politician/pundit rhetoric and you use your mind reading powers and take that as an attack on Palin.

lol ...

It is the dishonesty contained within the MSM that makes it partisan. Own it. It is your side. Less than an hour after the shooting, the NYT was running with it being a 'right wing extremist'. Less than an hour! Jack shit about the victims, absolutely no facts, just their stupid 'speculation' masquerading as fact. And not one of our board's intelligent liberals has the balls to call out the liberal media for it. Not one.

This is not a bipartisan shitpile. This one is down to the liberals. Your media. Hold them to a higher standard.

And... for the record, I would absolutely be calling out the right wing media had they started this shitpile. But they didn't.

Frankly, I don't care who cast the first stone.

Long before the shooting I've been saying that our media and 24 the hour outrage cycle is out of control and playing a role in tearing this country apart. I'm glad these people are having their feet held to the fire.

It doesn't look to me like NBC and MSNBC are having their feet held to the fire. They still rant on and on and on and on and on. They are about to drown in hatred over there.

You need to learn how to read for comprehension as I made no claim about Palin.

However, since you bring it up Palin is reaping what she sowed. Between the map and Giffords' public complaint about it did you really expect that she wasn't going to have to answer some tough questions?

Palin played with fire and got burned.

She didn't light the fucking match. Your media did. They lied, and you still blame Palin. Such stupidity from a usually intelligent poster.

I'm not blaming Palin. I said she's reaping what she sowed. She chose to put up the map ... she chose to ignore Congresswoman Giffords and now she has to deal with the backlash because of what unfortunately happened two Saturday's ago. Sucks but thems the breaks.

And... again.... she didn't sow it. This is not about the map. There is no connection between the map and the shooting. None. What. So. Ever. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Clear? That is a fallacy. A lie. A non-existent connection. There are not fucking dots to join.

Again.... the Democrats used 'targets' on their own literature. Fact. There is no connection between that literature and the shooting either. However, if you want to make an issue out of the use of this imagery, have the courage to be honest about it. Both sides have used it. Where is the outrage on that? There isn't any. The liberal media are ignoring it.

The shooting has nothing to do with Palin. No matter how many times your media makes the link. It was, is and will always be, a lie.

She is a dumb tool.

Well, I'm dumb stupid AND a moron then. I think she's all three.

I'm glad you recognize yourself for what you are.

You need to learn how to read for comprehension as I made no claim about Palin.

However, since you bring it up Palin is reaping what she sowed. Between the map and Giffords' public complaint about it did you really expect that she wasn't going to have to answer some tough questions?

Palin played with fire and got burned.

She didn't light the fucking match. Your media did. They lied, and you still blame Palin. Such stupidity from a usually intelligent poster.

I'm not blaming Palin. I said she's reaping what she sowed. She chose to put up the map ... she chose to ignore Congresswoman Giffords and now she has to deal with the backlash because of what unfortunately happened two Saturday's ago. Sucks but thems the breaks.[/QUOTE]

Sure you aren't. Sure you aren't.

I'm not blaming Palin. I said she's reaping what she sowed. She chose to put up the map ... she chose to ignore Congresswoman Giffords and now she has to deal with the backlash because of what unfortunately happened two Saturday's ago. Sucks but thems the breaks.

And... again.... she didn't sow it. This is not about the map. There is no connection between the map and the shooting. None. What. So. Ever. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Clear? That is a fallacy. A lie. A non-existent connection. There are not fucking dots to join.

Again.... the Democrats used 'targets' on their own literature. Fact. There is no connection between that literature and the shooting either. However, if you want to make an issue out of the use of this imagery, have the courage to be honest about it. Both sides have used it. Where is the outrage on that? There isn't any. The liberal media are ignoring it.

The shooting has nothing to do with Palin. No matter how many times your media makes the link. It was, is and will always be, a lie.

.... and those Democrats were fortunate that none of those Congressman were the victims of an assassination attempt or they would have had some tough questions to answer to too.

Palin made her own decision and stuck with it even after Giffords spoke out about it ... then the dice came up snake eyes.

Last edited:
Here is the single most damning part for the right. There have been many on the right that have consistently spoke of our government as an alien thing, to be hated and despised, in spite of the fact that we live in a democratic republic. They have spoken as if the people in the government, our elected representatives were agents of a foriegn power.

Now we have a fruitcake that also had an expressed hatred of government, without any expressed ideology for that hatred of government. He did what the rhetoric of so many on the far right have been stating. He eliminated a member of the government.

Now the problem for those on the right is how to take back inflammatory rhetoric that they never really meant. What they are saying now is " I never really said that, and I didn't mean it anyway". As the public reacted to the incindery rhetoric on the left in the 60s and 70s, they are reacting to the incindery rhetoric on the right today.

Palin is not the issue, she is just part of the atmosphere, why is that so hard for people to follow?

The demonization of government seems to be an all American insanity.

Government is Good - Introduction: Why We Need to Stand Up for Government

But that sidesteps the issue. This isn’t about angry blog posts or verbal fisticuffs. Since Obama’s ascension, we’ve seen repeated incidents of political violence. Just a short list would include the 2009 killing of three Pittsburgh police officers by a neo-Nazi Obama-hater; last year’s murder-suicide kamikaze attack on an I.R.S. office in Austin, Tex.; and the California police shootout with an assailant plotting to attack an obscure liberal foundation obsessively vilified by Beck." http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/16/opinion/16rich.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=frank rich&st=Search

The left's not having their feet held to the fire over this, just one million blogs, All day every day since on FOX, all day every day since on talk radio, about 5 threads here per day for two weeks straight, t-shirts, you-tube videos.

They're walking away scott-free, and the right isn't using it conversely either as a new political knife.

Here is the single most damning part for the right. There have been many on the right that have consistently spoke of our government as an alien thing, to be hated and despised, in spite of the fact that we live in a democratic republic. They have spoken as if the people in the government, our elected representatives were agents of a foriegn power.

Now we have a fruitcake that also had an expressed hatred of government, without any expressed ideology for that hatred of government. He did what the rhetoric of so many on the far right have been stating. He eliminated a member of the government.

Now the problem for those on the right is how to take back inflammatory rhetoric that they never really meant. What they are saying now is " I never really said that, and I didn't mean it anyway". As the public reacted to the incindery rhetoric on the left in the 60s and 70s, they are reacting to the incindery rhetoric on the right today.

The right doesn't need to take back one fucking word....

The left says it is calling for "civility".....what a laugh....all that really means is CENSORSHIP...

Palin is right on all counts....and i wish she would put back up her "scary" cross-hairs....but then you guys would probably wet your pants...

.... and those Democrats were fortunate that none of those Congressman were the victims of an assassination attempt or they would have had some tough questions to answer too.

Palin made her own decision and stuck with it even after Giffords spoke out about it ... then the dice came up snake eyes.

So, it's only an issue because it was a Democrat that got shot? Well, that's an interesting viewpoint. You (somewhat conveniently) ignore the lack of evidence to link the imagery to the shooter, you ignore the fact that the shooter had a connection to the Congresswoman going back to 2007... Long before Palin's imagery, long before Palin was on the national scene, long before the explosion (am I allowed to say use the word 'explosion?) of the TEA's onto the national political scene..... Despite all this evidence to the contrary... you still insist that Palin is 'reaping what she sowed'. Ok. How dumb.

One – Sarah Palin’s map was nothing out of the ordinary:

When this controversy first broke out last March, I identified two similar maps produced by Democrats, one from the DLC in 2004 and one from the DCCC in 2009. Both maps used bullseyes to target Republicans. Neither map raised any eyebrows at the time on the left or the right.

To date, Fox News (and Sarah Palin herself) have mentioned the existence of these maps, but the MSM has refused to do so. Reports from CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, the Washington Post, the NY Times–all presented stories focused on Palin’s map and failed to place it in context by reporting on the Democratic maps. By doing so (to this moment), the media unfairly singled out Palin and the Tea Party for abuse.

Two – Jared Loughner’s fixation on Rep. Giffords pre-dated the Tea Party and Sarah Palin

By Sunday afternoon it was known via a court filing that Loughner’s fixation on Giffords dated back to 2007. This is well before the Tea Party existed and before anyone in the lower 48 had heard of Sarah Palin. Whatever excuse the press may have had for mentioning Palin and the Tea Party initially, it was no longer justifiable by Sunday afternoon.

And yet the media didn’t let a little thing like metaphysical impossibility stop them from associating Palin with the killings. After all, why should the half-dimensional arrow of time spoil a good controversy? I saw lots of conservative blogs making this point Sunday. Perhaps it was noted by the networks, but if so it was only in passing.

Three – Jared Loughner’s verifiable ideological commitments are on the left

Read all the rest here: Three Exculpatory Facts the MSM Continues to Overlook in the Arizona Shootings Hot Air

Hey liberals! Don't let facts get in the way of a smear!

Keep going full tilt and let everyone know exactly who you are!

I hope you do!

FACT: None of this does anything to prevent future mass shootings

FACT: We are a Second Amendment society that relies on second amendment remedies

FACT: The fact that GOP hate rhetoric did not cause this tragedy does not excuse the hate rhetoric

The right doesn't need to take back one fucking word....

The left says it is calling for "civility".....what a laugh....all that really means is CENSORSHIP...

Palin is right on all counts....and i wish she would put back up her "scary" cross-hairs....but then you guys would probably wet your pants...

The claims of the Left on this issue are on the level of the "tin-foil" hat kind.

"evil mind rays" emanating from Beck, Palin, Rush etc are causing us to do bad things
I can her them now "Papa Obama they put thoughts in our ears"
neotrotsky-albums-just-because-picture3140-hats.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back