Three Exculpatory Facts the MSM Continues to Overlook in the Arizona Shootings

Here is the single most damning part for the right. There have been many on the right that have consistently spoke of our government as an alien thing, to be hated and despised, in spite of the fact that we live in a democratic republic. They have spoken as if the people in the government, our elected representatives were agents of a foriegn power.

Now we have a fruitcake that also had an expressed hatred of government, without any expressed ideology for that hatred of government. He did what the rhetoric of so many on the far right have been stating. He eliminated a member of the government.

Now the problem for those on the right is how to take back inflammatory rhetoric that they never really meant. What they are saying now is " I never really said that, and I didn't mean it anyway". As the public reacted to the incindery rhetoric on the left in the 60s and 70s, they are reacting to the incindery rhetoric on the right today.

The right doesn't need to take back one fucking word....

The left says it is calling for "civility".....what a laugh....all that really means is CENSORSHIP...

Palin is right on all counts....and i wish she would put back up her "scary" cross-hairs....but then you guys would probably wet your pants...

Thank you.

Just admit it.

This whole thread was an excuse so you could use the word "Exculpatory"

Thinking liberals and lefties agree with you, incidently.

The source of the vitriol is BIPARTISAN.

I know you cannot admit that we agree with you, but really, that's not our problem, that's your problem.

lol ...

It's certainly bipartisan but you will have no luck getting to the OP to own up to anything.

However, interestingly enough depending on how much stock you put in polls about half the country assigns some blame to the political and pundit rhetoric for the Arizona shooting.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/images/01/17/rel1b.pdf

It's no wonder the Malkin's of the world are losing their Cheerios over this.

It is the dishonesty contained within the MSM that makes it partisan. Own it. It is your side. Less than an hour after the shooting, the NYT was running with it being a 'right wing extremist'. Less than an hour! Jack shit about the victims, absolutely no facts, just their stupid 'speculation' masquerading as fact. And not one of our board's intelligent liberals has the balls to call out the liberal media for it. Not one.

This is not a bipartisan shitpile. This one is down to the liberals. Your media. Hold them to a higher standard.

And... for the record, I would absolutely be calling out the right wing media had they started this shitpile. But they didn't.

There ya go with that oxymoron again

Just admit it.

This whole thread was an excuse so you could use the word "Exculpatory"

Thinking liberals and lefties agree with you, incidently.

The source of the vitriol is BIPARTISAN.

I know you cannot admit that we agree with you, but really, that's not our problem, that's your problem.

lol ...

It's certainly bipartisan but you will have no luck getting to the OP to own up to anything.

However, interestingly enough depending on how much stock you put in polls about half the country assigns some blame to the political and pundit rhetoric for the Arizona shooting.

It is the dishonesty contained within the MSM that makes it partisan. Own it. It is your side. Less than an hour after the shooting, the NYT was running with it being a 'right wing extremist'. Less than an hour! Jack shit about the victims, absolutely no facts, just their stupid 'speculation' masquerading as fact. And not one of our board's intelligent liberals has the balls to call out the liberal media for it. Not one.

This is not a bipartisan shitpile. This one is down to the liberals. Your media. Hold them to a higher standard.

And... for the record, I would absolutely be calling out the right wing media had they started this shitpile. But they didn't.

Here's the thing...the reason that thinking people cannot OWN your POV about this affair is because we know that the New York Times NOT does not REPRESENT our thinking.

It's YOU who thinks that it dfoes because you have been propaganized to imagine that that is so.

The LEFT doesn't think that AT ALL.

Are you getting it yet?

Every talking head that you think is leftist is a TOOL of the DEM side of the INSIDERS cabal.

They don't speak for lefties! They speak for limo-liberalism which is a subset of the internationals who are bankrupting this nation (read the Ds and Rs, and all their tools and fake populist organizations).

Basically what you're doing is making the same mistake that idiots who think they're lefties do... only othey do it to YOU on the other side of the mistake horizon.

Those useful idiots credit the RIGHT as being racists and NAZIs.

Do the NAZIs represent YOUR POV?

Probably not.

Most conservative thinkers I know loathe the idea of NAZIism, and are NOT overt racists

But how convenient for the D side (of the insiders) if they can convince the weak minded who lean left that YOU are a NAZI.

Just as it is convenient for the R side (of the Insiders) if they can convince the weak mined who lean right that anybody who opposes them is a COMMIE.

Wake up and smell the POV manipulation, lad.

I am NOT your enemy.

WE are in this mess TOGETHER.

When this nation goes down we are BOTH victimized by it.

The enemy (if one must have one) is the people in CHARGE regardless of what they call themselves.

Last edited:
And... again.... she didn't sow it. This is not about the map. There is no connection between the map and the shooting. None. What. So. Ever. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Clear? That is a fallacy. A lie. A non-existent connection. There are not fucking dots to join.

Again.... the Democrats used 'targets' on their own literature. Fact. There is no connection between that literature and the shooting either. However, if you want to make an issue out of the use of this imagery, have the courage to be honest about it. Both sides have used it. Where is the outrage on that? There isn't any. The liberal media are ignoring it.

The shooting has nothing to do with Palin. No matter how many times your media makes the link. It was, is and will always be, a lie.

.... and those Democrats were fortunate that none of those Congressman were the victims of an assassination attempt or they would have had some tough questions to answer too.

Palin made her own decision and stuck with it even after Giffords spoke out about it ... then the dice came up snake eyes.

So, it's only an issue because it was a Democrat that got shot? Well, that's an interesting viewpoint. You (somewhat conveniently) ignore the lack of evidence to link the imagery to the shooter, you ignore the fact that the shooter had a connection to the Congresswoman going back to 2007... Long before Palin's imagery, long before Palin was on the national scene, long before the explosion (am I allowed to say use the word 'explosion?) of the TEA's onto the national political scene..... Despite all this evidence to the contrary... you still insist that Palin is 'reaping what she sowed'. Ok. How dumb.

Wow ... that's an RGS level reading comprehension failure there. Do you REALLY think that I was saying that it's only an issue because it was a Democrat that got shot? Reread what I said again.

And for the thousandth time I am not even going so far as to assert that Jared Loughner even knows who Sarah Palin is, let alone seen that image ... that is what you want to make it about.

What I am commenting on is that because of the image and because of the Giffords interview Palin is now in a very tough spot that could all have been avoided had to made a different choice. She was warned, she ignored it, and now she has to deal with it whether you think it's fair or not.

And... again.... she didn't sow it. This is not about the map. There is no connection between the map and the shooting. None. What. So. Ever. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Clear? That is a fallacy. A lie. A non-existent connection. There are not fucking dots to join.

Again.... the Democrats used 'targets' on their own literature. Fact. There is no connection between that literature and the shooting either. However, if you want to make an issue out of the use of this imagery, have the courage to be honest about it. Both sides have used it. Where is the outrage on that? There isn't any. The liberal media are ignoring it.

The shooting has nothing to do with Palin. No matter how many times your media makes the link. It was, is and will always be, a lie.

.... and those Democrats were fortunate that none of those Congressman were the victims of an assassination attempt or they would have had some tough questions to answer too.

Palin made her own decision and stuck with it even after Giffords spoke out about it ... then the dice came up snake eyes.

So, it's only an issue because it was a Democrat that got shot? Well, that's an interesting viewpoint. You (somewhat conveniently) ignore the lack of evidence to link the imagery to the shooter, you ignore the fact that the shooter had a connection to the Congresswoman going back to 2007... Long before Palin's imagery, long before Palin was on the national scene, long before the explosion (am I allowed to say use the word 'explosion?) of the TEA's onto the national political scene..... Despite all this evidence to the contrary... you still insist that Palin is 'reaping what she sowed'. Ok. How dumb.

That is for sure

When a Papa Obama supporter threatened to shoot Rep. Eric Cantor (R-Va.) and his family, I don't remember the large outcry from the MSM.
The guy was arrested and is serving 15 years, I believe.

Honestly, I don't remember, did Papa Obama come out and make a speech for civility,?
Did those from the Left call for more civility then?

Funny how that works....
:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
Here is the single most damning part for the right. There have been many on the right that have consistently spoke of our government as an alien thing, to be hated and despised, in spite of the fact that we live in a democratic republic. They have spoken as if the people in the government, our elected representatives were agents of a foriegn power.

Now we have a fruitcake that also had an expressed hatred of government, without any expressed ideology for that hatred of government. He did what the rhetoric of so many on the far right have been stating. He eliminated a member of the government.

Now the problem for those on the right is how to take back inflammatory rhetoric that they never really meant. What they are saying now is " I never really said that, and I didn't mean it anyway". As the public reacted to the incindery rhetoric on the left in the 60s and 70s, they are reacting to the incindery rhetoric on the right today.

The right doesn't need to take back one fucking word....

The left says it is calling for "civility".....what a laugh....all that really means is CENSORSHIP...

Palin is right on all counts....and i wish she would put back up her "scary" cross-hairs....but then you guys would probably wet your pants...

Thank you.

You're welcome.....hey i'm shooting for ya....to grow up...:cool:

Wow ... that's an RGS level reading comprehension failure there. Do you REALLY think that I was saying that it's only an issue because it was a Democrat that got shot? Reread what I said again.

And for the thousandth time I am not even going so far as to assert that Jared Loughner even knows who Sarah Palin is, let alone seen that image ... that is what you want to make it about.

What I am commenting on is that because of the image and because of the Giffords interview Palin is now in a very tough spot that could all have been avoided had to made a different choice. She was warned, she ignored it, and now she has to deal with it whether you think it's fair or not.

So, your stance is that....if I say to you 'your comments could be dangerous to me'.... and then something happens to me.... you are responsible. Cool. I so did not know that. I'm gonna use that to everyone who disagrees with me. That way, if - by some chance - I have a car accident.... someone else will be to blame! Awesome use of critical thinking.

This is where the conversation is breaking down. The right wingnuts state that we are blaming them for what the fruitcake did. They cannot see that there have been countless statements made that this fellow apparently had no recognizable political thought, other than blind insane hatred of government. However, the rhetoric of the right has been so inflamatory, that the images are all too recognizable in this horror.

They had nothing to do with the fruitcakes actions. Their rhetoric resembles all too much his ramblings. And they cannot see that the American Public is recoiling in horror from his actions, and looking at that rhetoric, and also recoiling from it. Flap yap, even when it is not meant, has consequences when someone actually does what the flap yap suggests.

lol ...

Here's the thing...the reason that thinking people cannot OWN your POV about this affair is because we know that the New York Times NOT does not REPRESENT our thinking.

It's YOU who thinks that it dfoes because you have been propaganized to imagine that that is so.

Are you getting it yet?

Every talking head that you think is leftist is a TOOL of the DEM side of the INSIDERS cabal.

They don't speak for lefties! They speak for limo-liberalism which is a subset of the internationals who are bankrupting this nation (read the Ds and Rs, and all their tools and fake populist organizations).

Basically what you're doing is making the same mistake that idiots who think they're lefties do... only othey do it to YOU on the other side of the mistake horizon.

Probably not.

Most conservative thinkers I know loathe the idea of NAZIism, and are NOT overt racists

But how convenient for the D side (of the insiders) if they can convince the weak minded who lean left that YOU are a NAZI.

Just as it is convenient for the R side (of the Insiders) if they can convince the weak mined who lean right that anybody who opposes them is a COMMIE.

I am NOT your enemy.

The enemy (if one must have one) is the people in CHARGE regardless of what they call themselves.

The reason why I say that the liberal media represents the views of the left, is that I see no evidence that they do not.

Not one liberal - not even the honest, decent, intelligent liberals on this board - have criticized their media over this. Not one.

Yet, these same people scream like banshees about Fox.

See where I'm going with this? If you scream about lies in on Fox, scream equally loudly when they come from your own media. Otherwise, you're a hypocrite.

So, your stance is that....if I say to you 'your comments could be dangerous to me'.... and then something happens to me.... you are responsible. Cool. I so did not know that. I'm gonna use that to everyone who disagrees with me. That way, if - by some chance - I have a car accident.... someone else will be to blame! Awesome use of critical thinking.

:lol:

If that's what you think my stance is and it helps you save some face here then sure, that it what I believe :rolleyes:

lol ...

FROM YOUR LINK.

question...... Premise being , how much to you blame the following....

A map on Sarah Palin's website that marked 20 Congressional districts, including the District represented by the Congresswoman who was shot, with an image that looked like the cross hairs of a gun?

Great Deal 19%
Moderate amount 16 %
NOT MUCH 15%
NOT AT ALL 44%
No opinion 5%

If we lump the moderate with the great we get 35 percent.
If we lump the Not much with the Not at all we get 59%
I would suggest the no opinion goes with the second group.

Further when asked if Harsh Rhetoric might cause a similar incident in the future only 25 percent said Very Likely.

Your point?

your purpose?

Poor Sarah. Poor, poor little victim Sarah.

poor whiny little ravi rabid, can't connect the dots.. poor whiny ravi rabid. can't connect the dots.

It is not just the "left" that has done some hard looking at the tone of the rhetoric of the last two years, it is the vast majority of Americans. And what they have found is that too much of the rhetoric is damned ugly.

lol ...

Are you getting it yet?

Probably not.

I am NOT your enemy.

Good points, Ed. And keep in mind, a very small subset of the media alluded to a connection between right wing vitriol and the actions of the shooter. Somehow the right wing has blown this into some monumental condemnation by everyone on the left and a vast liberal media conspiracy.

The constant whining of the right is getting tiresome. They are oblivious to the fact that they are still politicizing this tragedy.

Poor Sarah. Poor, poor little victim Sarah.

She didn't make herself the victim, Ravi. The liberal media did that. That's who you should be pissed at. Not Palin.

*For the record, it seriously pisses me off that I have to defend Palin. That woman is an idiot.

Are you getting it yet?

Probably not.

I am NOT your enemy.

Good points, Ed. And keep in mind, a very small subset of the media alluded to a connection between right wing vitriol and the actions of the shooter. Somehow the right wing has blown this into some monumental condemnation by everyone on the left and a vast liberal media conspiracy.

The constant whining of the right is getting tiresome. They are oblivious to the fact that they are still politicizing this tragedy.

No, we are not. The liberal media politicized it. Get your facts straight.

Oh complete BS. The MSM has published\reported the first two. However calling him a liberal is akin to calling Hitler a liberal. Yes I know the OP and the rabid right truly believe Hitler was left leaning liberal. Fact is the man was/is a babbling lunitic, a 9-11 truther.

Are you getting it yet?

Probably not.

I am NOT your enemy.

When hours of the shooting and with no facts, it was Krugman, NYT and the AP, small subset?

Granted, it is a small subset for the whole US, since the Times audience is shrinking but a large part of the Left.

Forum List

Back