Threads You Don't Read

AquaAthena

America First...MAGA
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 16, 2010
Central Coast
Even though I may find the thread topic interesting, I won't read it if it is very long. I won't read a long copy and paste either. I won't read a thread that is no more than a link to another site, also.

I don't often read posts that use slander or profanity towards another poster.

Fair to say, I don't read too much here....:lol:, but do enjoy the site and most of the members. :clap2:

Are there threads or posts you don't read?

Last edited:
Seriously?
Not much more than a paragraph.
I will probably click a link, but I won't spend more than a couple minutes there.
Same thing with videos. More than 3 minutes and I'm outta there.

Even though I may find the thread topic interesting, I won't read it if it is very long. I won't read a long copy and paste either. I won't read read a thread that is no more than a link to another site, also.

Fair to say, I don't read too much here....:lol:, but do enjoy the site and most of the members. :clap2:

go fuck yourself you smelly twat!

oh that's right, you're not reading this.

am I on ignore?

:eek:

If the thread title looks like troll bait, I usually don't visit the thread.
If the opening post appeals to the uglier insulting side of USMB, I usually shrug and move on.
If the opening post is just a repeat of a dozen other threads, I usually don't take the time.
If the last member to post is a member not known for being amusing, cleverly obscene, intelligent, coherent, or otherwise interesting, I often don't check in there until I see a more appealing name.
If the opening post or those immediately following tweak my interest, make me laugh, or grab at my heartstrings, I usually wade in. (I might do that if the opening post makes me fighting mad too.)
And I don't usually read the excessively long posts either. I type them, but I don't read them. :)

Last edited:
If I come across a thread that is already more than 5 pages, the topic has to be of real interest to me to take the time to wade through it. Also, I should visit more of the sub-forums, but I'm stuck on a few and rarely wander outside of them.

If the opening post appeals to the uglier insulting side of USMB, I usually shrug and move on.
If the opening post is just a repeat of a dozen other threads, I usually don't take the time.
If the last member to post is a member not known for being amusing, cleverly obscene, intelligent, coherent, or otherwise interesting, I often don't check in there until I see a more appealing name.
If the opening post or those immediately following tweak my interest, make me laugh, or grab at my heartstrings, I usually wade in. (I might do that if the opening post makes me fighting mad too.)
And I don't usually read the excessively long posts either. I type them, but I don't read them. :)

ditto.ditto.ditto

There are certain posters whose threads I don't bother opening - shunning them is the best policy, imo. I know they are just trolling. I'll read long posts by people who are smart, interesting, and have done their homework. Cutting and pasting without any commentary posts are automatic scroll overs.

ditto.ditto.ditto

There are certain posters whose threads I don't bother opening - shunning them is the best policy, imo. I know they are just trolling. I'll read long posts by people who are smart, interesting, and have done their homework. Cutting and pasting without any commentary posts are automatic scroll overs.

Thanks to you all who responded. I did later think of a couple of posters with whom I often agree, but they compose their responses a little differently than I do..lol. Like CA Girl...I will always read her, because she calls it the only way some others here would understand..lol. And she understands the power of brevity...:lol: Others too. But those who seemingly just try to incite, are the ones I am learning, and avoiding.

The long posts are something I don't usually have the time to read as I may be in between dressing and leaving for work...[part time] I will sometimes post them, but have no expectations of many reading them. A small thing....

Sherry mentioned something about not liking to go through all the posts to a thread, before she answers, and I don't either, so I just post my response to the original thread topic, and it may be duplicated in part, but who really cares? Another small thing....

Last edited:
Even though I may find the thread topic interesting, I won't read it if it is very long. I won't read a long copy and paste either. I won't read read a thread that is no more than a link to another site, also.

I read just about everything. I love the Libtard posts. They really crack me up.

Any thread started by Dante, TruthMatters, SpidermanTuba, Titanic Sailor, Christophera, PF Tinmore, Freeman, and two or three others just gets skipped. Any thread with an insult to one side or the other in the headline.

I am posting less and less as my internal ban hammer knocks down more and more folks.

I ignore the international subforums (they're dead), and 70% of the Flame Zone.

OH My Aqua, then you really don't read my post then. Not that mine are long, but damn...oh I mean dang, I do curse. :lol:

You guys are so way full of poo poo. Almost every one of you have visited "The List"...

It is the fifth longest thread of all time now 217 pages of total nonsense..yet somehow alluring:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I wouldn't read it if I didn't have to..but 43,000 plus visits????....somebody is fibbin:lol::lol:

You guys are so way full of poo poo. Almost every one of you have visited "The List"...

It is the fifth longest thread of all time now 217 pages of total nonsense..yet somehow alluring:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I wouldn't read it if I didn't have to..but 43,000 plus visits????....somebody is fibbin:lol::lol:
I click in there once in a while but do not post for the last time I did, I thought someone was going to break glass and break my nose. :razz:

We have one poster that is a huge copy paste fanatic. I do not come here to spend 5 minutes reading a post and then another 5 to attempt to understand much of the law gibberish of lawyers.

I would rather read Rdean's posts to be honest.

I click in there once in a while but do not post for the last time I did, I thought someone was going to break glass and break my nose. :razz:

UMMMmmmm...Ms. Terry ..is it? We at "The List" cannot be everywhere at once! Do you want to file an official report? :cuckoo:

That is not a normal thread.:lol: It was way too long to start from the beginning, but I look at the last page or two since I noticed it. It's free entertainment.:D

OH My Aqua, then you really don't read my post then. Not that mine are long, but damn...oh I mean dang, I do curse. :lol:

Terry, the profanily and slander I was referencing was towards another poster...not in general. I was speaking of the ones who do this with intention and frequency. They need much attention, just as small children, even if the only way to attract it, is negative. They are often frustrated, angry and bored with very low self-esteem, and thay have found a place here, to call home. Four are on my ignore list now..lol. [all guys ]

UMMMmmmm...Ms. Terry ..is it? We at "The List" cannot be everywhere at once! Do you want to file an official report? :cuckoo:
:lol:

Forum List

Back