Thousands surround Japan's parliament, protest US base plan

Today, we drove past a new restaurant called "Tokyo Japanese Cuisine".

I mused to the Mrs. "why don't you see restaurants named 'Hiroshima Japanese Cuisine' or 'Nagasaki Japanese Cuisine'"?

:dunno:
Because mass murder is hilarious.
It's called casualties in war.
Only when it's against a country the U.S. doesn't like. If it's against the U.S. or a country the U.S. government likes then it's an atrocity.

I mused to the Mrs. "why don't you see restaurants named 'Hiroshima Japanese Cuisine' or 'Nagasaki Japanese Cuisine'"?

Only when it's against a country the U.S. doesn't like. If it's against the U.S. or a country the U.S. government likes then it's an atrocity.
So, no one else on this planet "didn't like" the Japanese during WWII? :dunno:

Obviously we care more about our own country... You think they gave a fuck when they bombed us in pearl harbor?

I understand the frustration of those people, but don't they recognize the advantage of the U.S. maintaining an interest there? China's been flexing its muscles pretty hard lately, and those 2 don't exactly have the friendliest of history's...

But then again I wonder what politics are like over there. Maybe there's a movement to ally with China? I don't know :dunno:
Yes, but Japan is hardly innocent in stirring up trouble in the region. Regardless, this isn't coming from the ruling party, who have every incentive to keep the U.S. base there, but from the people who have to live with these soldiers next door.
young people get drunk and do stupid stuff sometimes criminal. always been that way. The Okinowans don't want that on their doorstep

Who said that? But how many times are the horrible things the Japanese did during WWII just chalked up to war being hell or casualties in war? If Japan had had a nuke and dropped it on Detroit it'd be rightly called one of the greatest atrocities ever committed against a civilian population, but because "we" did it it's no big deal.

I understand the frustration of those people, but don't they recognize the advantage of the U.S. maintaining an interest there? China's been flexing its muscles pretty hard lately, and those 2 don't exactly have the friendliest of history's...

But then again I wonder what politics are like over there. Maybe there's a movement to ally with China? I don't know :dunno:
Yes, but Japan is hardly innocent in stirring up trouble in the region. Regardless, this isn't coming from the ruling party, who have every incentive to keep the U.S. base there, but from the people who have to live with these soldiers next door.
The Japanese are an important fucking ally for the U.S. The way the world's going these days, I might put them at #1. We need them to be strong, and we need them to support an alliance with the U.S.

Obviously we care more about our own country... You think they gave a fuck when they bombed us in pearl harbor?
Probably not, but how many official apologies has the U.S. been given from Japanese governments regarding Pearl Harbor? How many apologies have been given over Hiroshima or Nagasaki?

young people get drunk and do stupid stuff sometimes criminal. always been that way. The Okinowans don't want that on their doorstep
Exactly, and who can blame them? There's no reason for the U.S. to be there anyways.

Who said that? But how many times are the horrible things the Japanese did during WWII just chalked up to war being hell or casualties in war? If Japan had had a nuke and dropped it on Detroit it'd be rightly called one of the greatest atrocities ever committed against a civilian population, but because "we" did it it's no big deal.
I don't feel bad when the aggressor gets bitch slapped across the face. Also, I care more about my country that other countries.

News flash: EVERYONE does horrific things in war. Hell Germany committed genocide, and now they are the leading European economy. Sack up Kevin.

The Japanese are an important fucking ally for the U.S. The way the world's going these days, I might put them at #1. We need them to be strong, and we need them to support an alliance with the U.S.
I'm all for friendliness with Japan, but that doesn't mean I'm going to pretend that the Japanese government hasn't been just as aggressive toward China as China has been toward Japan. Leave their issues between them and stay out of it is the best course for the U.S.

Exactly, and who can blame them? There's no reason for the U.S. to be there anyways.
There is no letter S in anyway. :slap:

Probably not, but how many official apologies has the U.S. been given from Japanese governments regarding Pearl Harbor? How many apologies have been given over Hiroshima or Nagasaki?
I don't know how many apologies have been given and honestly don't care. It doesn't take back things that happened. We're allies now anyways.

I don't feel bad when the aggressor gets bitch slapped across the face. Also, I care more about my country that other countries.
Not quite that simple. FDR purposefully provoked Japan because he needed an excuse to enter the war. Certainly doesn't excuse Japan, but it's not quite so black and white as them being the aggressor.

Why should we apologize for responding to being attacked and having war waged against us, you fucking idiot?

News flash: EVERYONE does horrific things in war. Hell Germany committed genocide, and now they are the leading European economy. Sack up Kevin.
Except Germany and Japan openly admit their crimes. The U.S. has never been good at that. Americans don't want to hear about horrible things done in the past, they just want to be told how awesome they are.

I'm all for friendliness with Japan, but that doesn't mean I'm going to pretend that the Japanese government hasn't been just as aggressive toward China as China has been toward Japan. Leave their issues between them and stay out of it is the best course for the U.S.
China has over a billion people and is one of the great military powers of the world. Japan barely has an army.

Japan is one of the world's top economies and one of our closest allies. We need to maintain that relationship.

There is no letter S in anyway. :slap:
Anyways Define Anyways at Dictionary.com

Why should we apologize for responding to being attacked and having war waged against us, you fucking idiot?
Oh brother.

Forum List

Back