Thousands March Through Snow Protesting Global Warming

1. No, the Earth Hasn’t Stopped Warming Since 1998 (or 1996 or 1997)
This claim was popularized by “Lord” Christopher Monckton, a prominent British climate “skeptic” with no scientific background who presented himself as a member of the House of Lords until the Parliament published a cease and desist order demanding that he stop...

2. No, the IPCC Makes Projections, Not Predictions
In the real world, we have natural climate variability, and then we have human-caused warming,” says Ben Santer, a climate researcher at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory who ranked 12th in a 2002 study of the most frequently cited scientists in the field. “And that human-caused warming is embedded in the rich, day-to-day, month-to-month, year-to-year and decade-to-decade noise of natural climate variability.”

santer-150x150.jpg

Ben Santer
Climate researcher, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Santer was explaining the misleading nature of the claim that because the earth hasn’t warmed as quickly as some previous projections from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) suggested it would, the science is somehow suspect...

Eight Pseudoscientific Climate Claims Debunked by Real Scientists BillMoyers.com

So, instead of addressing the fact that there hasn't been any measurable warming you attack the messenger. Can you say propagandist anyone? Face it dainty, you're nothing more than a propagandist. Instead of attacking the evidence (which you can't) you attack the people spreading the message which is exactly what charlatans have done for millennia.

You're just very bad at it.
there hasn't been any measurable warming? I dare say you're :cuckoo:

Dante sides with NASA: Climate Change Vital Signs of the Planet Evidence

you have yet to credibly dispute one fact on NASA's climate change page

popular with whom? not mainstream science

:rofl:

Phrenology has been almost universally considered completely discredited as a science since the mid-19th century. Even during the peak of its popularity between the 1820s and 1840s, phrenology was always controversial and never achieved the status of an accredited science, which was so coveted by its main proponents, such as
the Edinburgh lawyer, George Combe and his circle.
History of Phrenology on the Web

Why do you think I chose that for my example. This passage in the history is particularly applicable to climatologists today....

"So it was believed that by examining the shape and unevenness of a head or skull, one could discover the development of the particular cerebral "organs" responsible for different intellectual aptitudes and character traits. For example, a prominent protuberance in the forehead at the position attributed to the organ of Benevolence was meant to indicate that the individual had a "well developed" organ of Benevolence and would therefore be expected to exhibit benevolent behaviour.

However, like so many popular sciences, Gall and the phrenologists sought only confirmations for their hypotheses and did not apply the same standard to contradictory evidence. Any evidence or anecdote which seemed to confirm the science was readily and vociferously accepted as "proof" of the "truth" of phrenology. At the same time, contradictory findings, such as a not very benevolent and disagreeable person having a well-developed organ of Benevolence were always explained away. This was often done by claiming that the activity of other organs counteracted Benevolence. What was never accepted by phrenologists, however, was that admitting that the activity of a particular faculty could be independent of the size of its organ undermined the most fundamental assumptions of the science- and thereby rendered all of its conclusions inconsistent and meaningless."

The History of Phrenology
Applicable to climatologists today? What i sup with your people? Weird. Seriously.

The climate science today is recognized by consensus in the science community as a whole:NASA recognizes global warming as does mainstream science.

phrenology never was

your example is fruitcake-nutty

the old popular science is akin to the denial science today..as in pop-science...popular science accepted by a population of dimwits, not accepted by the scientific community as a whole
so find me one definition that states science has consensus. Just one.

Do you people live in an alternate reality?
what can i say, since you all have no form of reality, I'd say yes. My reality is definitely different than yours. In my reality, you and your side still haven't supplied evidence of any issue with the climate. Also, after all of your clamoring about, no solution to which you are afraid of.
Rally? :eek:

Try and refute (credibly) one fact on NASA's climate change page: Climate Change Vital Signs of the Planet Evidence

go ahead, we know you can do it. Show the world...you're smart. Come on show us all how you're the web version of Fedo Corleone. Show us how smart you are
"I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!"

Why do you think I chose that for my example. This passage in the history is particularly applicable to climatologists today....

"So it was believed that by examining the shape and unevenness of a head or skull, one could discover the development of the particular cerebral "organs" responsible for different intellectual aptitudes and character traits. For example, a prominent protuberance in the forehead at the position attributed to the organ of Benevolence was meant to indicate that the individual had a "well developed" organ of Benevolence and would therefore be expected to exhibit benevolent behaviour.

However, like so many popular sciences, Gall and the phrenologists sought only confirmations for their hypotheses and did not apply the same standard to contradictory evidence. Any evidence or anecdote which seemed to confirm the science was readily and vociferously accepted as "proof" of the "truth" of phrenology. At the same time, contradictory findings, such as a not very benevolent and disagreeable person having a well-developed organ of Benevolence were always explained away. This was often done by claiming that the activity of other organs counteracted Benevolence. What was never accepted by phrenologists, however, was that admitting that the activity of a particular faculty could be independent of the size of its organ undermined the most fundamental assumptions of the science- and thereby rendered all of its conclusions inconsistent and meaningless."

The History of Phrenology
Applicable to climatologists today? What i sup with your people? Weird. Seriously.

The climate science today is recognized by consensus in the science community as a whole:NASA recognizes global warming as does mainstream science.

phrenology never was

the old popular science is akin to the denial science today..as in pop-science...popular science accepted by a population of dimwits, not accepted by the scientific community as a whole

what can i say, since you all have no form of reality, I'd say yes. My reality is definitely different than yours. In my reality, you and your side still haven't supplied evidence of any issue with the climate. Also, after all of your clamoring about, no solution to which you are afraid of.

Try and refute (credibly) one fact on NASA's climate change page: Climate Change Vital Signs of the Planet Evidence

go ahead, we know you can do it. Show the world...you're smart. Come on show us all how you're the web version of Fedo Corleone. Show us how smart you are
"I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!"
yes I have. Koch 1901, go read about it.

phrenology never was

:eek:

RealClimate A Saturated Gassy Argument

This claim was popularized by “Lord” Christopher Monckton, a prominent British climate “skeptic” with no scientific background who presented himself as a member of the House of Lords until the Parliament published a cease and desist order demanding that he stop...

In the real world, we have natural climate variability, and then we have human-caused warming,” says Ben Santer, a climate researcher at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory who ranked 12th in a 2002 study of the most frequently cited scientists in the field. “And that human-caused warming is embedded in the rich, day-to-day, month-to-month, year-to-year and decade-to-decade noise of natural climate variability.”

santer-150x150.jpg

Ben Santer
Santer was explaining the misleading nature of the claim that because the earth hasn’t warmed as quickly as some previous projections from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) suggested it would, the science is somehow suspect...

Eight Pseudoscientific Climate Claims Debunked by Real Scientists BillMoyers.com

So, instead of addressing the fact that there hasn't been any measurable warming you attack the messenger. Can you say propagandist anyone? Face it dainty, you're nothing more than a propagandist. Instead of attacking the evidence (which you can't) you attack the people spreading the message which is exactly what charlatans have done for millennia.

So, they claim that the global temp increased by .01 degrees C and the error bars for that are .1 degrees C. Being the ignorant drone you are, I can see how the fact that the error bar is TEN TIMES the amount of the so called temp increase, would escape you.

santer-150x150.jpg

Ben Santer

So, they claim that the global temp increased by .01 degrees C and the error bars for that are .1 degrees C. Being the ignorant drone you are, I can see how the fact that the error bar is TEN TIMES the amount of the so called temp increase, would escape you.
Wow! You've credibly disputed a fact on NASA's climate change web page! :clap2:

Oh no, wait! You have not. :cry:

Climate Change Vital Signs of the Planet Evidence

Global temperature rise
All three major global surface temperature reconstructions show that Earth has warmed since 1880.5 Most of this warming has occurred since the 1970s, with the 20 warmest years having occurred since 1981 and with all 10 of the warmest years occurring in the past 12 years.6 Even though the 2000s witnessed a solar output decline resulting in an unusually deep solar minimum in 2007-2009, surface temperatures continue to increase.7
----------------------------

VIDEO:

Climate Change Climate Resource Center - Graphic Global warming from 1880 to 2013

As of 2014, 2013 tied with 2009 and 2006 for the seventh warmest year since 1880 according to NASA scientists. With the exception of 1998, the 10 warmest years in the 134-year record have all occurred since 2000, with 2010 and 2005 ranking as the warmest years on record. Earth continues to be hotter than it was several decades ago.

This color-coded map shows how Earth's surface temperature has changed from 1880 to 2013. Higher-than-normal temperatures are shown in red and lower-than-normal temperatures are shown in blue.

The average temperature in 2013 was 14.6 °C (58.3 °F), which is 0.6 °C (1.1 °F) warmer than the mid-20th century baseline. The average global temperature has risen about 0.8 °C (1.4 °F) since 1880, according to the latest (January 2014) analysis from NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS). Exact rankings for individual years are sensitive to data inputs and analysis methods.

While the world experienced relatively warm temperatures in 2013, the continental U.S. experienced the 42nd warmest year on record. For some countries, such as Australia, 2013 was the hottest year on record.

The temperature analysis done by GISS is compiled from weather data from more than 1,000 meteorological stations around the world, satellite observations of sea-surface temperature and Antarctic research station measurements, taking into account station history and urban heat-island effects. Software is used to calculate the difference between surface temperature in a given month and the average temperature for the same place from 1951 to 1980. This three-decade period functions as a baseline for the analysis. It has been 38 years since the recording of a year of cooler than average temperatures.

Source: NASA Goddard Space Flight Center Scientific Visualization Studio

Credit
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center Scientific Visualization Studio

santer-150x150.jpg

Ben Santer

Global temperature rise
All three major global surface temperature reconstructions show that Earth has warmed since 1880.5 Most of this warming has occurred since the 1970s, with the 20 warmest years having occurred since 1981 and with all 10 of the warmest years occurring in the past 12 years.6 Even though the 2000s witnessed a solar output decline resulting in an unusually deep solar minimum in 2007-2009, surface temperatures continue to increase.7

VIDEO:

Climate Change Climate Resource Center - Graphic Global warming from 1880 to 2013

As of 2014, 2013 tied with 2009 and 2006 for the seventh warmest year since 1880 according to NASA scientists. With the exception of 1998, the 10 warmest years in the 134-year record have all occurred since 2000, with 2010 and 2005 ranking as the warmest years on record. Earth continues to be hotter than it was several decades ago.

This color-coded map shows how Earth's surface temperature has changed from 1880 to 2013. Higher-than-normal temperatures are shown in red and lower-than-normal temperatures are shown in blue.

The average temperature in 2013 was 14.6 °C (58.3 °F), which is 0.6 °C (1.1 °F) warmer than the mid-20th century baseline. The average global temperature has risen about 0.8 °C (1.4 °F) since 1880, according to the latest (January 2014) analysis from NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS). Exact rankings for individual years are sensitive to data inputs and analysis methods.

While the world experienced relatively warm temperatures in 2013, the continental U.S. experienced the 42nd warmest year on record. For some countries, such as Australia, 2013 was the hottest year on record.

The temperature analysis done by GISS is compiled from weather data from more than 1,000 meteorological stations around the world, satellite observations of sea-surface temperature and Antarctic research station measurements, taking into account station history and urban heat-island effects. Software is used to calculate the difference between surface temperature in a given month and the average temperature for the same place from 1951 to 1980. This three-decade period functions as a baseline for the analysis. It has been 38 years since the recording of a year of cooler than average temperatures.

Credit

Color me unsurprised that you are either unwilling to admit their later admission, or too stupid to do a simple follow up. And why did they HAVE to do this? Because legit scientists looked at the error bars and said to themselves.."these guys are full of shit!" That's why!

Nasa climate scientists: We said 2014 was the warmest year on record... but we're only 38% sure we were right
  • Nasa’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies claimed its analysis of world temperatures showed ‘2014 was the warmest year on record’
  • But it emerged that GISS’s analysis is subject to a margin of error
  • Nasa admits this means it is far from certain that 2014 set a record at all

Nasa climate scientists We said 2014 was the warmest but we re only 38 sure Daily Mail Online

santer-150x150.jpg

Ben Santer

Global temperature rise

VIDEO:

Credit

Color me unsurprised that you are either unwilling to admit their later admission, or too stupid to do a simple follow up. And why did they HAVE to do this? Because legit scientists looked at the error bars and said to themselves.."these guys are full of shit!" That's why!

Nasa climate scientists: We said 2014 was the warmest year on record... but we're only 38% sure we were right
  • Nasa’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies claimed its analysis of world temperatures showed ‘2014 was the warmest year on record’

Nasa climate scientists We said 2014 was the warmest but we re only 38 sure Daily Mail Online
legit scientists did not look at the error bars and say to themselves.."these guys are full of shit!"

It was all a pr error

you have still yet to credibly refute a SINGLE fact on NASA's climate change web page

time for you to get back into the USMB Clown Car

Global temperature rise

VIDEO:

Credit

legit scientists did not look at the error bars and say to themselves.."these guys are full of shit!"

It was all a pr error

you have still yet to credibly refute a SINGLE fact on NASA's climate change web page

I refuted EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM you ignorant twat. The fact you plug your ears and cover your eyes and go :lalala::lalala::lalala: is on you, not me.

Global temperature rise

VIDEO:

Credit

It was all a pr error

I refuted EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM you ignorant twat. The fact you plug your ears and cover your eyes and go :lalala::lalala::lalala: is on you, not me.
Most of your posts on this subject are truly insane/ Sorry, but that is a factual truth as I and others see it

I've checked and under Obamacare -- Unfortunately there is no coverage for what ails you.

I am smarter than them. I use my logical skills and ask questions. That immediately makes me smarter.

santer-150x150.jpg

Ben Santer

Global temperature rise

VIDEO:

Credit
see above:All three major global surface temperature reconstructions

What is it you supposed that comment means? It means someone took actual readings and altered them. how convenient. It makes me laugh that you find that acceptable. But hey you have no answers anyway, so why care so much to the lie and the fudging going on. Reconstruction. hahahahahahahahaahahahaha

Global temperature rise

VIDEO:

Credit

It was all a pr error

Most of your posts on this subject are truly insane/ Sorry, but that is a factual truth as I and others see it

I've checked and under Obamacare -- Unfortunately there is no coverage for what ails you.
you should get used to that. It isn't your job to worry about us. Just understand we know you and yours are full of sh1t.

BTW, invite any of them on here and I'll tell them so.

Forum List

Back