thoughts and prayer again?

Crepitus

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2018
What exactly is it that the "thoughts and prayers" are meant to accomplish?

Can they health the wounded?

Do they prevent future incidents?

Can they save a single life?

Or are they simply empty, meaningless placeholders. Deflectors to prevent any positive actions that might actually prevent at least some future tragedies from taking place?

Republicans, I really wanna know.

Or are they simply empty, meaningless placeholders. Deflectors to prevent any positive actions that might actually prevent at least some future tragedies from taking place?

its better than a fuck you,,

would you suggest we just remain silent and not say anything??

Haven't said a prayer since I was young and stupid enough to believe in that kind of magic. I've had some pretty nice thoughts though in the last few decades I've been alive.

As usual, I have to educate a Liberal/Democrat on the real issue. The killer in SandyHook was a complete nutjob who stole the NON AR-15 STYLE WEAPON from his mother, killed her and then proceeded to kill a bunch of kids. Now what LAWS do you suggest that will prevent the next Sandy Hook?

My thoughts and prayers really go out to you in this Yuletide season if you think thoughts and prayers are just a "republican" thing.

It consoles their own feelings of guilt for owning guns themselves.

Some of us are encumbered by no such emotions, or beliefs in ghost daddy's.
InnerMe.jpg

Religion is hated by Marxists.

That is right. To a Marxist like the OP:
  • Religion is hate.
  • Religion is racism.
  • Religion is lack of diversity.
  • Religion is lack of equity.
  • Religion is lack of inclusion.
  • Religion is "primitive" and "backward" because it is ancient instead of new and comes through the passionate heart rather than through the dry, sterile intellectual breeze.
  • Religion sets a higher authority than either the State or oneself, so cannot be controlled.
Religion requires you to actually define some actions as good and bad, sets standards and expectations of behavior, excludes depravity and hedonism, sends some people to heaven and others to hell, and requires a common unity, wholeness and oneness of purpose and goal through free will.

A Wise man Once Said.

To a grieving parent......Don't say...... "I know how you Feel"

rather say...."I know how I would Feel."

That is what "Thoughts and Prayers" feel Like.

Well De CrepitUs , I am surprised you believe that wisdom and insight are especially concentrated among Republicans -- whatever you imagine those are .
Quite a step forward for someone with a history of learning problems .

Suggest you look at Predictive Linguistics for answers to your questions .
One problem area in this discipline is that public declarations of future events then affect the likelihood of them happening .

Think in terms of tipping a stock market share to a wide audience who all invest in it .
The price rise then becomes a self fulfilling prophecy .

Forum List

Back