Thoughts about the planned disruptions in DC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more day and your messiah is gone, gone, gone. Get used to saying "President Trump". :lol:
170118-america-to-trump-you-suck_zpsde2f4qwv.jpg

The enemy from within (the Democratic Party).
The right is either saying they are all wimps, or all terrors. What is your opinion?
Some are wimps and some are terrorists, but all of them are the enemy.
But they are also you fellow countrymen. Surely you don't see all of them as an enemy, I mean I can see it with the extremes on both sides but there are plenty of good folks on both sides that just have some political differences.
I can't think of any Democrat in office who doesn't put party over country.

The right is either saying they are all wimps, or all terrors. What is your opinion?
But they are also you fellow countrymen. Surely you don't see all of them as an enemy, I mean I can see it with the extremes on both sides but there are plenty of good folks on both sides that just have some political differences.
Joe Manchin? Hes with you on abortion and guns...

It'll fizzle out.
Is your sig a picture of Hitler having a last hurrah before he retired to a bunker and shot himself in the head, making himself one of the biggest pussies of all time?
No that was a painting of a photograph of him at Dunkirk. He made the move that cost him the war there. No, Hitler Did Not Let the British Escape at Dunkirk

The first week of June, 1940, was a truly perilous time for the Allies in World War II. The German invasion of France a month earlier had torn apart the over-matched, poorly-led Allied army and drove the remnants back toward the English Channel, to the beaches of Dunkirk. Not only was France about to be lost, but 400,000 soldiers and thousands of tons of equipment were at risk as well. If those men couldn’t be rescued, Britain would be left with virtually no army, and would be defenseless against the coming German landings.

On May 25th, the British made the difficult decision to evacuate their army and for the next two weeks, almost anything in England that could float, from warships to private yachts (though the role of the “Little Ships of Dunkirk” has been overstated), went back and forth between England and France ferrying troops, often under enemy fire. With the help of the Royal Air Force covering the beach and French troops fighting desperate rearguard actions, 338,000 men were rescued from certain captivity – men who would return to France four years later to liberate it from the Nazi boot.

The courage of the sailors on those boats and the troops fighting to get out saved the day at Dunkirk, but the Allies had help from none other than Adolf Hitler himself. On the day before the evacuation began, Hitler ordered his army, which was on the verge of a breakthrough, to halt its drive to the coast and stand down for 48 hours in order to rest, refuel and repair their tanks. This pause, which was loudly protested by German generals, gave the Allies precious time to dig in and organize a defense of the evacuation beaches. It also left German troops, some who were just ten miles from the beach, watching as their enemy slipped away. By June 3rd, the last British soldier was off the beach, and less than a day later, Dunkirk was in German hands. But Hitler had missed a stunning opportunity to deliver a crippling blow to the British, a moment which changed the course of the war and gave hope to the beleaguered Allies.

The reasons Hitler gave this “Halt Order” have never been fully agreed on, either by those living through the battle or historians after the fact.

What is there to worry about? If Americans let an illegal invasion and 'pre-emptive war' policy pass, destroying U.S. stature and credibility, the mere election of an unqualified egotist won't get many of them very stirred up.

It'll fizzle out.
Is your sig a picture of Hitler having a last hurrah before he retired to a bunker and shot himself in the head, making himself one of the biggest pussies of all time?
No that was a painting of a photograph of him at Dunkirk. He made the move that cost him the war there. No, Hitler Did Not Let the British Escape at Dunkirk

The first week of June, 1940, was a truly perilous time for the Allies in World War II. The German invasion of France a month earlier had torn apart the over-matched, poorly-led Allied army and drove the remnants back toward the English Channel, to the beaches of Dunkirk. Not only was France about to be lost, but 400,000 soldiers and thousands of tons of equipment were at risk as well. If those men couldn’t be rescued, Britain would be left with virtually no army, and would be defenseless against the coming German landings.

On May 25th, the British made the difficult decision to evacuate their army and for the next two weeks, almost anything in England that could float, from warships to private yachts (though the role of the “Little Ships of Dunkirk” has been overstated), went back and forth between England and France ferrying troops, often under enemy fire. With the help of the Royal Air Force covering the beach and French troops fighting desperate rearguard actions, 338,000 men were rescued from certain captivity – men who would return to France four years later to liberate it from the Nazi boot.

The courage of the sailors on those boats and the troops fighting to get out saved the day at Dunkirk, but the Allies had help from none other than Adolf Hitler himself. On the day before the evacuation began, Hitler ordered his army, which was on the verge of a breakthrough, to halt its drive to the coast and stand down for 48 hours in order to rest, refuel and repair their tanks. This pause, which was loudly protested by German generals, gave the Allies precious time to dig in and organize a defense of the evacuation beaches. It also left German troops, some who were just ten miles from the beach, watching as their enemy slipped away. By June 3rd, the last British soldier was off the beach, and less than a day later, Dunkirk was in German hands. But Hitler had missed a stunning opportunity to deliver a crippling blow to the British, a moment which changed the course of the war and gave hope to the beleaguered Allies.

The reasons Hitler gave this “Halt Order” have never been fully agreed on, either by those living through the battle or historians after the fact.
Yup he screwed up halting the panzers. Why? Lots of theories. Myself I think he simply got paranoid.

Yup Trump isn't unpopular, someone is just trying to make it so!
:laugh:

Could be those 3 million people that gave Hillary the popular vote. Trump's approval rating is 44%. The lowest of any president ever at his inauguration.

Of course you can't. All you know about them is what Fox told you, and they lie about that stuff.

One more day and your messiah is gone, gone, gone. Get used to saying "President Trump". :lol:
170118-america-to-trump-you-suck_zpsde2f4qwv.jpg
A CNN poll? Well, there goes your credibility. :lol:

CNN paid for it... There polls have been accurate in the past to judge public opinion at the time...

People are waking up to the Alt-Right fake news and asking questions...

The heading for this thread is also fake "disruptions' as you put it. Was Selma a disruption too?

I'd think it would all depend on how the "major" media cover it.

If someone succeeds in actually affecting the actual inauguration proceedings, that would be big news, obviously. We know that's what is going to be covered.

Outside of that, I would imagine that the media will just pick and choose which protests they'll cover and how much time/space they'll devote.

If there is violence, which would be one helluva bad idea, it'll be VERY interesting to see what the media does with it, and whether they leverage it to use against Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back