Thou shalt have no other gods before me

How can there be a father/son relationship in the upstairs if there is no mother? Who was Jesus' mother? If you want to anthropomorophize some concept you have to do it all the way. Creating a "son" must involve both a male entity and a female entity. Don't give me just Mary, she only helped bring Jesus into the world in human form. I'm talking about the celestial being known as Jesus' mom. Who is she? Did she rebuke her husband for sending their child on a painful mission solely for her husband's ego?
Where do you want to start in Christianity 101?

But only if you stop using trying to compartmentalize God Into your terms.

This is the first of the 10 Commandments. God is acknowledging that there exists more than one god. Who are they? And where are they?

A question that I have always asked. Along with this, why would a lone all-powerful god send a relative to earth to be tortured?
The are many variations on the theology of this issue but the most difficult I find is the notion of the trinity. Taken in it’s pure form God’s son Jesus is actually a part of a three person identity, The Trinity. If so then God through his omniscience knew granting humanity free will would lead to sin even before he granted it thus making in some way ( if you accept the obscene notion of redemption through suffering) the Crucifixion necessary to atone for sins he made possible in the first place. So then, was God punishing himself? None of this makes any sense to me other than organised religion in the early days of Christianity realising instilling guilt into humanity was the best way to gain control over the masses.
in the early days of Christianity realising instilling guilt into humanity was the best way to gain control over the masses.

instilling guilt into humanity ...

the events of the 1st century to the beginning of the 4th were the opposite of the above ... to become the politically biased and misrepresentation, the religion of the roman empire in the 4th century.

they spent the entire 4th century writing and refining the christian bible to conform politically to their representation of the 1st century altering that religions true intention - primarily the worshiping of a messiah rather than the intent for remission accomplished by each individual by their own initiative through jesus as an example.

This is the first of the 10 Commandments. God is acknowledging that there exists more than one god. Who are they? And where are they?
Greed, lust, pride, envy, laziness, wrath and gluttony.

They are inside us.
Ten simple Commandments from a God should be a Constitution for persons of morals.
But are they really from a god, or was Moses bullshitting everyone?

They are inside us.
Ten simple Commandments from a God should be a Constitution for persons of morals.
if you have no faith, you must find your own way.

They are inside us.
So read them for content. If you are a Christ-follower: please read the Sermon on the Mount.

They are inside us.
So read them for content.
i resort to the fewest fallacies. It must take morals because the right wing can't do it.

They are inside us.
God is talking about real gods as well. Hindu, native, ...

So god is acknowledging that other magical beings like him exist. So is this proof of more than one god?
I don’t believe so. For all I know it got lost in translation during revelation or it got lost in passing down between generations.
So basically you're saying that you can't be sure of anything you read in the bible. Like trying to cherry-pick movable goalposts. :biggrin:
No. I am not saying that.

I am saying that you have to spend a great deal of time and effort discerning what someone wrote 3000 years ago. Same as you do for all religious texts.

It helps if you try to see each religion in its best light.
Commandment one is saying that god knows that there are other gods. You don't believe that so you move the goalposts and call it mistranslation. Well, I have news for you, the WHOLE BIBLE WAS TRANSLATED INTO ENGLISH. :lmao:

yes it was, which is why the sermons of sunday TV and Radio
preachers are so hilariously funny

religions are not 10000 page documents needing translation, they are simple and if not audible are not real - the spoken Religion of Antiquity, The Triumph of Good vs Evil is all there has ever been to the original religion prescribed by the Almighty - and meant for eternity.

They are inside us.
So bullshit then. Got it.

They are inside us.
So bullshit then. Got it.
In Nexus Six with Zardoz and the incorrigibles?

Thank Goodness our Founding Fathers, Ordained and Established our federal form of republican Government.

They are inside us.

So god is acknowledging that other magical beings like him exist. So is this proof of more than one god?
I don’t believe so. For all I know it got lost in translation during revelation or it got lost in passing down between generations.
So basically you're saying that you can't be sure of anything you read in the bible. Like trying to cherry-pick movable goalposts. :biggrin:
So whether you do spend the time and effort to try to understand it is entirely up to you, but it seems to me that if you don’t that you are the one cherrypicking and moving the goal posts.
I took time to understand that god is saying that there are multiple gods.
Do you believe God said that? Or do you believe men said that?

They are inside us.

I am saying that you have to spend a great deal of time and effort discerning what someone wrote 3000 years ago. Same as you do for all religious texts.

Commandment one is saying that god knows that there are other gods. You don't believe that so you move the goalposts and call it mistranslation. Well, I have news for you, the WHOLE BIBLE WAS TRANSLATED INTO ENGLISH. :lmao:
No. I didn't call it mistranslation. Irosie said it was a mistranslation. I said, For all I know it got lost in translation during revelation or it got lost in passing down between generations. Which isn't a mistranslation from Hebrew to English. It was a mistranslation of the revelation from God to man. Whatever it is, I know for a fact that the biggest idol we make is of ourselves which is how I understood that commandment to read.

So whether you do spend the time and effort to try to understand it is entirely up to you, but it seems to me that if you don’t that you are the one cherrypicking and moving the goal posts.
That's supposed to be god talking to Moses, right?

No. I didn't call it mistranslation. Irosie said it was a mistranslation. I said, For all I know it got lost in translation during revelation or it got lost in passing down between generations. Which isn't a mistranslation from Hebrew to English. It was a mistranslation of the revelation from God to man. Whatever it is, I know for a fact that the biggest idol we make is of ourselves which is how I understood that commandment to read.
You say "No. I didn't call it mistranslation." then you say "It was a mistranslation of the revelation from God to man."

So you're answer is yes AND no? :lol:

Trump proves that Republicans no longer believe in traditional Christianity.

You say "No. I didn't call it mistranslation." then you say "It was a mistranslation of the revelation from God to man."

So you're answer is yes AND no? :lol:
Yes. My answer is yes and no. No it isn’t the way you described it. Yes it is the way I described it. ;)

That's supposed to be god talking to Moses, right?
Did God actually talk to Moses?

Or were things revealed to Moses?

Haven’t you ever had things revealed to you before? I believe we all have.

You do know Moses didn’t write Genesis, right?

He recorded the oral account which had been passed down for thousands of years.

Forum List

Back