Did Jesus Know He was Starting a New Movement?

norwegen

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2013
Ormond Beach, FL
According to some biblical historians, such as Bart Ehrman, most scholars believe Jesus did not know that he was launching a new movement, i.e., the church, because that movement started after his death. If that’s the case, did Jesus fail? What was the purpose of his ministry? What was the “good news”?

I say that Jesus did know what he was bringing to the world, and he quite explicitly says so. What do you say?

According to some biblical historians, such as Bart Ehrman, most scholars believe Jesus did not know that he was launching a new movement, i.e., the church, because that movement started after his death. If that’s the case, did Jesus fail? What was the purpose of his ministry? What was the “good news”?

I say that Jesus did know what he was bringing to the world, and he quite explicitly says so. What do you say?[/QUOTE"]
"Upon this rock I will build my church."

I say that Jesus did know what he was bringing to the world, and he quite explicitly says so. What do you say?[/QUOTE"]

Why would some scholars disagree?

The gospel net catches fish of all types.

The same reason so many scientists fall over themselves trying to prove there is no God or no need for an Intelligent Designer. Either it is their ego driving that position or they want to have their fun on earth and not be held accountable later.

Forum List

Back