Those on the Left -- I Dare You . . . .

lol

It's not a bill.
I know, it is just something that Obama and his czars are building.
Something you refuse to acknowledge.
lol

I think paperview was right. You seem to have a short attention span. I posted a link where it was signed into law.

Run for the hills!!!!!
The "civilian security forces bill " is what I was referring to .Try to keep up.

huffpo-PIG.jpg

Last edited:
I am simply trying to find out what the "Civilian National Security Force" is, and what Obama meant by those that statement. These are not my words, they are Obama's, and I'm doing, what I feel is, the responsible thing and educate myself about what he means by those words.

Basically, if the "Civilian National Security Force" is part of a broader policy, fine, where can I read and learn about it?
If the "Civilian National Security Force" is THE policy, and stuff like the "National Service Bill" is part of it, fine, then where can I read and learn about that?

If Obama using the words "Civilian National Security Force" was a bad choice of words, that's fine too! If so, what does he mean then?

I thought I answered this already?

He's not talking about a single entity. His speech was on a call to service, both military and civilian and volunteer. He said he wanted to increase opportunities for people to volunteer and serve their communities and the country through Americorps, PeaceCorps, etc. That's what he's referring to, all of those organizations together, not a single one. Here. Read this.

Text of Obama's speech : DNC 2008 : The Rocky Mountain News

That's the prepared speech. He ad-libbed a bit and added some comments not in the prepared speech, including the one about 'civilian national security force'. If you listen to the entire speech, and especially to what leads up to that comment, it's obvious what he's talking about----and it's not what many on the right have claimed.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df2p6867_pw]YouTube - Barack Obama: Call to Service in Colorado Springs, CO[/ame]

Thank you, I do appreciate your time.

See, here's what I'm asking about. He is naming off a bunch of things he's going to do, and implement when he becomes president, and in the prepared statement, from the link you provided, here is what he is saying leading up to the "Civilian National Security Force" question I have. It's also at about 16:30 of the video.

"We'll send more college graduates to teach and mentor our young people. We'll call on Americans to join an Energy Corps to conduct renewable energy and environmental cleanup projects in their neighborhoods. We'll enlist veterans to help other vets find jobs and support, and to be there for our military families. And we'll also grow our Foreign Service, open consulates that have been shuttered, and double the size of the Peace Corps by 2011 to renew our diplomacy."

He finishes that paragraph off with: "..we can't continue to only rely on our Military in order to achieve our National Security Objectives we've set, we've gotta have a Civilian National security Force, just as powerful, just as strong, and just as well funded".

I know what the things in this paragraph in his released statement are, but what does it have to do with National Security? This reads and sounds like he's going to have some kind of National Security force in addition to what we have now, or greatly enhance what we have.
I'm not saying I'm against something like this, if it's the case, but I don't know anything about it to have an opinion.
Or are you saying everything he's talking about in this paragraph will fall under the National Security umbrella?

I am simply trying to find out what the "Civilian National Security Force" is, and what Obama meant by those that statement. These are not my words, they are Obama's, and I'm doing, what I feel is, the responsible thing and educate myself about what he means by those words.

Basically, if the "Civilian National Security Force" is part of a broader policy, fine, where can I read and learn about it?
If the "Civilian National Security Force" is THE policy, and stuff like the "National Service Bill" is part of it, fine, then where can I read and learn about that?

If Obama using the words "Civilian National Security Force" was a bad choice of words, that's fine too! If so, what does he mean then?

I thought I answered this already?

He's not talking about a single entity. His speech was on a call to service, both military and civilian and volunteer. He said he wanted to increase opportunities for people to volunteer and serve their communities and the country through Americorps, PeaceCorps, etc. That's what he's referring to, all of those organizations together, not a single one. Here. Read this.

Text of Obama's speech : DNC 2008 : The Rocky Mountain News

That's the prepared speech. He ad-libbed a bit and added some comments not in the prepared speech, including the one about 'civilian national security force'. If you listen to the entire speech, and especially to what leads up to that comment, it's obvious what he's talking about----and it's not what many on the right have claimed.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df2p6867_pw]YouTube - Barack Obama: Call to Service in Colorado Springs, CO[/ame]

Thank you, I do appreciate your time.

See, here's what I'm asking about. He is naming off a bunch of things he's going to do, and implement when he becomes president, and in the prepared statement, from the link you provided, here is what he is saying leading up to the "Civilian National Security Force" question I have. It's also at about 16:30 of the video.

"We'll send more college graduates to teach and mentor our young people. We'll call on Americans to join an Energy Corps to conduct renewable energy and environmental cleanup projects in their neighborhoods. We'll enlist veterans to help other vets find jobs and support, and to be there for our military families. And we'll also grow our Foreign Service, open consulates that have been shuttered, and double the size of the Peace Corps by 2011 to renew our diplomacy."

He finishes that paragraph off with: "..we can't continue to only rely on our Military in order to achieve our National Security Objectives we've set, we've gotta have a Civilian National security Force, just as powerful, just as strong, and just as well funded".

I know what the things in this paragraph in his released statement are, but what does it have to do with National Security? This reads and sounds like he's going to have some kind of National Security force in addition to what we have now, or greatly enhance what we have.
I'm not saying I'm against something like this, if it's the case, but I don't know anything about it to have an opinion.
Or are you saying everything he's talking about in this paragraph will fall under the National Security umbrella?
Yeah. He's saying that our national security is dependent upon more than just the soldiers in the field. He speaks about the peace corps and foreign service renewing diplomacy abroad, an energy corps with projects that help reduce our dependency on foreign oil, programs that encourage innovation and non-profits, improving education, helping veterans train for new green jobs.

"For our veterans, I was proud to be a strong and early supporter of Jim Webb's bipartisan GI Bill, so that today's vets have the same opportunity that my grandfather had under the GI Bill. To marshal their talents in building a new energy economy, I will launch an initiative to give our veterans the training they need to succeed in the Green Jobs of the future. It's time to end our energy dependence at home so our national security isn't held hostage to oil and gas from abroad.

And we will not leave out the nearly 2 million young Americans who are out of school and out of work. We'll enlist them in our Energy Corps, so that disadvantaged young people can find useful work, clean polluted areas, help weatherize homes, and gain skills in a growing industry. And we'll expand the YouthBuild Program, which puts young Americans to work building affordable housing in America's poorest communities, giving them valuable skills and a chance to complete a high school education. Because no one should be left out of the American story.

Renewing that spirit starts with service. Make no mistake: our destiny as Americans is tied up with one another. If we are less respected in the world, then you will be less safe. If we keep paying dictators for foreign oil, gas prices are going to keep rising, and so are the oceans. If we can't give all of our kids a world-class education, then our economy is going to fall behind."
---------
All those things strengthen our country here and abroad. That's where it impacts national security.

Forum List

Back