Those on the Left -- I Dare You . . . .

http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/checker.aspx?v=e4qG6UIr8z
Just ignore the plan and keep chanting Obama hope change
Thats all you have to think about, Its a circle of love.

Again. Another interview from several years ago about something he wrote in a book. Something he would like to see happen.

Frankly, I'd go one step further. I think there should be a mandatory service of 2 years for everyone. Military, if they so choose, or civilian otherwise (or for those who wouldn't qualify to join the military).
That link worked for you? Not me here. Oh well, I retract part of my last post to the FitNAH.

It didnt work for me I provided a different avenue.
Eyeblast.tv
6th down

S.3487
Title: A bill to amend the National and Community Service Act of 1990 to expand and improve opportunities for service, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Sen Kennedy, Edward M. [MA] (introduced 9/12/2008) Cosponsors (20)
Latest Major Action: 9/12/2008 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions.
COSPONSORS(20), ALPHABETICAL [followed by Cosponsors withdrawn]: (Sort: by date)

Sen Cardin, Benjamin L. [MD] - 10/2/2008
Sen Clinton, Hillary Rodham [NY] - 9/12/2008
Sen Cochran, Thad [MS] - 9/12/2008
Sen Coleman, Norm [MN] - 9/22/2008
Sen Dodd, Christopher J. [CT] - 9/12/2008
Sen Durbin, Richard [IL] - 9/22/2008
Sen Gregg, Judd [NH] - 9/24/2008
Sen Hatch, Orrin G. [UT] - 9/12/2008
Sen Kerry, John F. [MA] - 9/22/2008
Sen Lincoln, Blanche L. [AR] - 10/1/2008
Sen McCain, John [AZ] - 9/12/2008
Sen Mikulski, Barbara A. [MD] - 10/1/2008
Sen Murray, Patty [WA] - 9/24/2008
Sen Obama, Barack [IL] - 9/12/2008
Sen Reid, Harry [NV] - 11/19/2008
Sen Rockefeller, John D., IV [WV] - 11/19/2008
Sen Schumer, Charles E. [NY] - 9/26/2008
Sen Smith, Gordon H. [OR] - 9/22/2008
Sen Whitehouse, Sheldon [RI] - 9/22/2008
Sen Wicker, Roger F. [MS] - 9/26/2008

-------------------
Sounds like the one that was referenced earlier on this thread lol.

Last edited:
Thanks to Emmy, the search display worked this time.

So, FitNAH, - it's 45 pages (but I'll give you this credit: you're not spouting "watch the video" every other post now.)

Could you point a specific PAGE we should be looking at to back up your claim?

Can you do that?

I'm still looking for where it states it's mandatory service...

SUMMARY AS OF:
9/12/2008--Introduced.
Serve America Act - Amends the National and Community Service Act of 1990 to create two new service-learning programs: (1) a Youth Engagement Zones to Strengthen Communities program, providing competitive grants to partnerships between local educational agencies that serve high-need, low-income communities and certain community-based or state entities to engage students and out-of-school youth in service-learning addressing specific challenges faced by their communities; and (2) a Campus of Service program, which annually grants up to 30 institutions of higher education (IHEs) with exemplary service-learning programs the funds to assist their students' pursuit of public service careers, and the right to nominate additional individuals for ServeAmerica Fellowships.

Directs the Corporation for National and Community Service (Corporation) to contract for a 10-year, longitudinal service-learning impact study.

Establishes the Commission on Cross-Sector Solutions to America's Problems to study ways in which the federal government and businesses can more effectively collaborate with nonprofit and philanthropic organizations to address pressing national and local challenges.

Creates a Community Solutions Funds Pilot program awarding competitive matching grants to grantmaking institutions or partnerships between such institutions and state or local governmental entities which will use the grants to provide competitive matching subgrants to community organizations for use in replicating or expanding proven solutions to specifically identified community challenges.

Establishes an Innovation Fellowships Pilot program awarding competitive grants to individuals who are veterans, or have completed at least one period of national service, to establish innovative nonprofit organizations that address national and local challenges.

Creates a ServeAmerica Corps program providing formula grants to states and awarding competitive grants to states and nonprofit organizations to fund national service in low-income communities by: (1) Clean Energy Service Corps that improve certain clean energy indicators, including energy efficiency and conservation measures; (2) Education Corps that improve certain education indicators, including student engagement, achievement, and graduation; (3) Healthy Futures Corps that improve certain health indicators, including health care access; (4) Opportunity Corps that improve certain opportunity indicators, including financial literacy and access to housing, and employment-related services; and (5) Encore programs designed to take advantage of the skills of participants age 50 and older. Creates additional incentives for national service participation by individuals age 50 and older.

Makes ServeAmerica Corps participants eligible for national service educational awards.

Directs the Corporation to create a Civic Health Index enabling states and communities to assess their civic health.

Establishes the ServeAmerica and Encore Fellowships program providing ServeAmerica Fellowships to IHE-nominated individuals and Encore Fellowships to individuals age 50 or older who agree to be placed with nonprofit organizations to carry out projects in specified areas of national need. Makes ServeAmerica fellows eligible for national service educational awards.

Creates a Volunteer Generation Fund program awarding competitive matching grants to states and nonprofit organizations to increase the availability and capacity of volunteers to address state priorities with regard to areas of national need or work with nonprofit civic entities, including faith-based organizations, to address such needs.

Establishes a National Service Reserve Corps of individuals who have completed a term of national service to respond to national disasters and other emergencies.

Directs the Corporation, within 180 days of this Act's enactment, to conduct a nationwide Call to Service Campaign.

Requires the Office of Volunteers for Prosperity (VfP) of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to implement a VfPServe program providing skilled professionals with fixed-amount stipends to offset their costs of volunteering abroad to address specified VfP objectives aimed at ameliorating living conditions in developing countries.

When he says "civilian security force", he's not speaking of a single entity. He's talking about increasing opportunities for citizens to serve in organizations like AmeriCorps, PeaceCorps, and others to provide services here and abroad.

------

As President, I will expand AmeriCorps to 250,000 slots, and make that increased service a vehicle to meet national goals like providing health care and education, saving our planet and restoring our standing in the world, so that citizens see their efforts connected to a common purpose.

We'll send more college graduates to teach and mentor our young people. We'll call on Americans to join an Energy Corps to conduct renewable energy and environmental cleanup projects in their neighborhoods. We'll enlist veterans to help other vets find jobs and support, and to be there for our military families. And we'll also grow our Foreign Service, open consulates that have been shuttered, and double the size of the Peace Corps by 2011 to renew our diplomacy.

We also need to invest in ideas that can help us meet our common challenges, because more often than not, the next great social innovation won't be generated by the government.

The non-profit sector employs 1 in 12 Americans and 115 nonprofits are launched every day. Yet while the federal government invests $7 billion in research and development for the private sector, there is no similar effort to support non-profit innovation. Meanwhile, there are ideas across America - in our inner cities and small towns; from college graduates, to seniors getting ready to retire - that could benefit millions of Americans if they're given the chance to grow.

As President, I will launch a new Social Investment Fund Network. It's time to get the grass roots, the foundations, the faith-based organizations, the private sector and the government at the table so that we can learn from our own success stories. We'll invest in ideas that work; leverage private sector dollars to encourage innovation; and expand successful programs to scale. Take a program like the Harlem Children's Zone, which helps thousands of kids in New York through after-school activities, mentoring, and family support. We need to make that model work in different cities across America. And just as we support small businesses, I'll start a new Social Entrepreneur Agency to make sure that small non-profits have strong support from Washington.

For our veterans, I was proud to be a strong and early supporter of Jim Webb's bipartisan GI Bill, so that today's vets have the same opportunity that my grandfather had under the GI Bill. To marshal their talents in building a new energy economy, I will launch an initiative to give our veterans the training they need to succeed in the Green Jobs of the future. It's time to end our energy dependence at home so our national security isn't held hostage to oil and gas from abroad.

And we will not leave out the nearly 2 million young Americans who are out of school and out of work. We'll enlist them in our Energy Corps, so that disadvantaged young people can find useful work, clean polluted areas, help weatherize homes, and gain skills in a growing industry. And we'll expand the YouthBuild Program, which puts young Americans to work building affordable housing in America's poorest communities, giving them valuable skills and a chance to complete a high school education. Because no one should be left out of the American story.

So I'm clear on what you are saying:
When Obama is talking about a "Civilian National Security Force", he is talking about, and it's the same thing as, the "National Service Bill" that they passed in March?
Yes, that is one of the things he proposed.

Obama signs national service bill - White House- msnbc.com

The legislation provides for gradually increasing the size of the Clinton-era AmeriCorps to 250,000 enrollees from its current 75,000. It outlines five broad categories where people can direct their service: helping the poor, improving education, encouraging energy efficiency, strengthening access to health care and assisting veterans.

AmeriCorps offers a range of volunteer opportunities including housing construction, youth outreach, disaster response and caring for the elderly. Most receive an annual stipend of slightly less than $12,000 for working 10 months to a year.

AmeriCorps has seen a recent surge in applications, according to the Corporation for National and Community Service, which oversees the program.

In March, the organization received 17,038 online AmeriCorps applications, nearly double those received in the previous month and nearly triple the 6,770 received last March.

Can you please show me where he uses the terminology "Civilian National Security Force", and what it is. Nothing you've posted has used these words.
If the "National Service Bill" is part of his "Civilian National Security Force", fine, just show me where I can find him using that language, and describing everything it encompasses.

Emma: Don't you know - you have to look closer.

If you look at page 12, there's a capital F,
Then just below it, a capital E

The next page it's followed by an M,

Holy crap ---> And an A!

And damn. The word CAMPUS is all over the place. CAMP US.

Get it?

Connect the dots.

That's right: FEMA CAMPS
for US!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek:

So I'm clear on what you are saying:
When Obama is talking about a "Civilian National Security Force", he is talking about, and it's the same thing as, the "National Service Bill" that they passed in March?

The legislation provides for gradually increasing the size of the Clinton-era AmeriCorps to 250,000 enrollees from its current 75,000. It outlines five broad categories where people can direct their service: helping the poor, improving education, encouraging energy efficiency, strengthening access to health care and assisting veterans.

AmeriCorps offers a range of volunteer opportunities including housing construction, youth outreach, disaster response and caring for the elderly. Most receive an annual stipend of slightly less than $12,000 for working 10 months to a year.

AmeriCorps has seen a recent surge in applications, according to the Corporation for National and Community Service, which oversees the program.

In March, the organization received 17,038 online AmeriCorps applications, nearly double those received in the previous month and nearly triple the 6,770 received last March.

Can you please show me where he uses the terminology "Civilian National Security Force", and what it is. Nothing you've posted has used these words.
If the "National Service Bill" is part of his "Civilian National Security Force", fine, just show me where I can find him using that language, and describing everything it encompasses.

What???

Ah different bill got it

So, FitNAH, - it's 45 pages (but I'll give you this credit: you're not spouting "watch the video" every other post now.)

Can you do that?
This is a bill that outlines mandatory service ,dont be alarmed it does not set the conditions to divide the country.
What claim?.

Ah different bill got it

Can you do that?
This is a bill that outlines mandatory service

Where?

And you realize that was submitted in '08, right?

This is a bill that outlines mandatory service ,dont be alarmed it does not set the conditions to divide the country.
What claim?.
What claim?

What CLAIM?

It's only been part of the discussion for the last 20-30 posts or so.

Is your attention span THAT short?

When Obama says he is going to “fundamentally transform America.”
What does that mean?
When his chief advisor says Rah Emanuel says “citizenship is not an entitlement program” and in the next breath says
That service is an obligation, required .
It stands to reason that in the transformed America , the real citizens will be reeducated into the new citizens .
Of course you don’t accept this line of reasoning as you do not listen to what they say, nor do you pay attention to who they surround themselves with .

Ah different bill got it

Can you do that?
This is a bill that outlines mandatory service

Where?

And you realize that was submitted in '08, right?
Yeah forget that bill they have a new better bill. A Civilian National Security Force bill.

Last edited:

What???

I am simply trying to find out what the "Civilian National Security Force" is, and what Obama meant by that statement. These are not my words, they are Obama's, and I'm doing, what I feel is, the responsible thing and educate myself about what he means by those words.

Basically, if the "Civilian National Security Force" is part of a broader policy, fine, where can I read and learn about it?
If the "Civilian National Security Force" is THE policy, and stuff like the "National Service Bill" is part of it, fine, then where can I read and learn about that?

If Obama using the words "Civilian National Security Force" was a bad choice of words, that's fine too! If so, what does he mean then?

Last edited:
Even if it WAS compulsory service for a short period (which it isn't) - but even if this was the case, what is so very bad about it?

You think it's unAmerican? Was a draft unAmerican? WWII folks were drafted and built a great generation, because people came together, and worked together for our good.

SInce the beginning of our country...did you know that from the time we started this nation, till about the mid 1800's EVERY able bodied male had to serve in a militia? It was MANDATED they must serve.

There is not BILL out there requiring it, but still, I ask, what the hell is so bad about it if it were? Our country has strong roots in service to Her.

I see the short volunteer program as a culling process to separate the believers from the heretics, setting the conditions for even more dreadful policies in the future.

I am simply trying to find out what the "Civilian National Security Force" is, and what Obama meant by those that statement. These are not my words, they are Obama's, and I'm doing, what I feel is, the responsible thing and educate myself about what he means by those words.

Basically, if the "Civilian National Security Force" is part of a broader policy, fine, where can I read and learn about it?
If the "Civilian National Security Force" is THE policy, and stuff like the "National Service Bill" is part of it, fine, then where can I read and learn about that?

If Obama using the words "Civilian National Security Force" was a bad choice of words, that's fine too! If so, what does he mean then?

I thought I answered this already?

He's not talking about a single entity. His speech was on a call to service, both military and civilian and volunteer. He said he wanted to increase opportunities for people to volunteer and serve their communities and the country through Americorps, PeaceCorps, etc. That's what he's referring to, all of those organizations together, not a single one. Here. Read this.

Text of Obama's speech : DNC 2008 : The Rocky Mountain News

That's the prepared speech. He ad-libbed a bit and added some comments not in the prepared speech, including the one about 'civilian national security force'. If you listen to the entire speech, and especially to what leads up to that comment, it's obvious what he's talking about----and it's not what many on the right have claimed.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df2p6867_pw]YouTube - Barack Obama: Call to Service in Colorado Springs, CO[/ame]

Forum List

Back