...those Fulton County Grand Juries ...Lawfare

Chillicothe

Platinum Member
Feb 14, 2021
Today's Lawfare has an interesting 'human interest' description of part of the process of empaneling the Grand Jury in Fulton County. I say 'human interest' in contradistinction to Lawfare's normal rather dry legalese descriptions of whatever issue they are covering.

In the taster paragraphs I offer below (you can google up the entire Lawfare article, "They'll Be in the Room Where It Happens").....in the tasters you can understand a little bit of the mechanics and the number of citizens that need be winnowed through to get enough to empanel.

The article was written by Lawfare's Fulton County correspondent, Anna Bower, who is familiar with the judges, the process, and the zeitgeist of the region. I offer it to this forum merely as a backgrounder as this development before these two Grand Juries could get white-hot important real fast....if one or both find there is probable cause to indict Don Trump and likely a handful of others.....for election in interference. If that does happen, this Lawfare piece will help you understand the ramping-up to it.

To wit:

"Several hours later, around 2 p.m., McBurney sweeps back into the assembly room to announce that he has settled on a final list of jurors and alternates. He announces the names of the 13 women and 13 men who will serve on “Grand Jury A,” which will sit on Mondays and Tuesday. Then he turns to the 12 women and 14 men who will sit on “Grand Jury B,” which is slated to work on Thursdays and Fridays. Wednesdays will be grand jury free in Fulton County.

As their names are called, the selected jurors move toward the front of the room, providing members of the media with an unobstructed view for the first time all day. They look, I think, like a diverse group: people of various ages, genders, and races. They wear light-wash denim, beige linen slacks, cotton t-shirts, black suits. Some appear excited, others apprehensive. Many of them look bored. They won’t stay bored. Whatever the Trump case may be, it’s not boring.

McBurney wraps up by expounding on the work the grand jurors would undertake during their term of service, and I wonder how many of them even realize what they are doing there, or that they could be asked to decide a monumental question in modern American history: Did a president try to stay in power illegally despite an electoral defeat.

I look at them one more time: Are these the people I would trust to make, or decline to make, that accusation?

They look okay to me.

Since it's a kangaroo court, this is what the jury should look like:
16-dec_kangaroos-ask-for-help.jpg

Doesn't really matter. There will be conservative in any jury pool. It is jawja fer Christ's sake.

"And indeed it is lawfare, aka abusing the law for political gain.."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, no. The good poster Excalibur is trying too hard this Thursday morning.
Rather, it is 'Lawfare' an online publication that focuses on the legal aspects of various issues in the news. It is aimed pretty much at legal professionals as the writers and editors are often law professors. I occasionally check it out though I do not subscribe to their service.....it can be pretty dry legalese at times.

And, as long as we are discussing ---tho tangentially ---the swirling messes around the disgraced former president, Don Trump.....well, didja see the DOJ latest 'ask'?

It seems the DOJ is not satisfied with the 18yrs Stewart Rhodes received for his leadership role in the January 6th insurrection intended to keep the existing government in place instead of accepting the will of the people who fired Don Trump out of that office.....so to be replaced with someone they trusted more and who they thought was more competent. (ps...those aren't my opinions, they are the findings of Don Trump's own longtime pollster, Tony Fabrizio.

• ("Tony Fabrizio is widely recognized as an expert in public opinion and politics and one of the nation’s leading Republican pollsters. He has helped elect Presidents and Prime Ministers on four continents.")
The DOJ is appealing the sentence.
They want Rhodes to get a bigger spanking.

This was reported this morning (13Jul23):

"The Justice Department on Wednesday appealed the sentences handed down to seven members of the Oath Keepers — including founder Stewart Rhodes — for their roles in the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, a signal that prosecutors are not satisfied with the severity of the jail terms delivered by the federal judge overseeing the case.

U.S. District Court Judge Amit Mehta sentenced Rhodes to 18 years in prison — the harshest sentence for any Jan. 6 defendant — reflecting his leadership of what Mehta characterized as a dangerous criminal conspiracy aimed at violently derailing the transfer of presidential power."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, no. The good poster Excalibur is trying too hard this Thursday morning.
Rather, it is 'Lawfare' an online publication that focuses on the legal aspects of various issues in the news. It is aimed pretty much at legal professionals as the writers and editors are often law professors. I occasionally check it out though I do not subscribe to their service.....it can be pretty dry legalese at times.

And, as long as we are discussing ---tho tangentially ---the swirling messes around the disgraced former president, Don Trump.....well, didja see the DOJ latest 'ask'?

It seems the DOJ is not satisfied with the 18yrs Stewart Rhodes received for his leadership role in the January 6th insurrection intended to keep the existing government in place instead of accepting the will of the people who fired Don Trump out of that office.....so to be replaced with someone they trusted more and who they thought was more competent. (ps...those aren't my opinions, they are the findings of Don Trump's own longtime pollster, Tony Fabrizio.

• ("Tony Fabrizio is widely recognized as an expert in public opinion and politics and one of the nation’s leading Republican pollsters. He has helped elect Presidents and Prime Ministers on four continents.")
The DOJ is appealing the sentence.
They want Rhodes to get a bigger spanking.

This was reported this morning (13Jul23):

"The Justice Department on Wednesday appealed the sentences handed down to seven members of the Oath Keepers — including founder Stewart Rhodes — for their roles in the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, a signal that prosecutors are not satisfied with the severity of the jail terms delivered by the federal judge overseeing the case.

U.S. District Court Judge Amit Mehta sentenced Rhodes to 18 years in prison — the harshest sentence for any Jan. 6 defendant — reflecting his leadership of what Mehta characterized as a dangerous criminal conspiracy aimed at violently derailing the transfer of presidential power."

It's called....."putting the fear of government" in everyone's mind.
Common Communist tactic.

Today's Lawfare has an interesting 'human interest' description of part of the process of empaneling the Grand Jury in Fulton County. I say 'human interest' in contradistinction to Lawfare's normal rather dry legalese descriptions of whatever issue they are covering.

In the taster paragraphs I offer below (you can google up the entire Lawfare article, "They'll Be in the Room Where It Happens").....in the tasters you can understand a little bit of the mechanics and the number of citizens that need be winnowed through to get enough to empanel.

The article was written by Lawfare's Fulton County correspondent, Anna Bower, who is familiar with the judges, the process, and the zeitgeist of the region. I offer it to this forum merely as a backgrounder as this development before these two Grand Juries could get white-hot important real fast....if one or both find there is probable cause to indict Don Trump and likely a handful of others.....for election in interference. If that does happen, this Lawfare piece will help you understand the ramping-up to it.

To wit:

"Several hours later, around 2 p.m., McBurney sweeps back into the assembly room to announce that he has settled on a final list of jurors and alternates. He announces the names of the 13 women and 13 men who will serve on “Grand Jury A,” which will sit on Mondays and Tuesday. Then he turns to the 12 women and 14 men who will sit on “Grand Jury B,” which is slated to work on Thursdays and Fridays. Wednesdays will be grand jury free in Fulton County.

As their names are called, the selected jurors move toward the front of the room, providing members of the media with an unobstructed view for the first time all day. They look, I think, like a diverse group: people of various ages, genders, and races. They wear light-wash denim, beige linen slacks, cotton t-shirts, black suits. Some appear excited, others apprehensive. Many of them look bored. They won’t stay bored. Whatever the Trump case may be, it’s not boring.

McBurney wraps up by expounding on the work the grand jurors would undertake during their term of service, and I wonder how many of them even realize what they are doing there, or that they could be asked to decide a monumental question in modern American history: Did a president try to stay in power illegally despite an electoral defeat.

I look at them one more time: Are these the people I would trust to make, or decline to make, that accusation?

They look okay to me.
I think that you waste your time peddling those "fact" things to a bunch of maga morons. They are not programmed to recieve.

"I think that you waste your time peddling those "fact" things to a bunch of maga morons. They are not programmed to recieve."
Oh, I get that, TT.
Have for a long time.
I know that tic of theirs well.
But, it ain't the MAGA-fanboys, the Duped & Snookered, that I post for.
I post for myself.
Mainly.
But, if what I post informs or entertains such as yourself, or a couple dozen of the better educated here.....well, I'm quite OK with that.
The Duped & Snookered, for me, mainly serve as a foil. A wall to bounce the ball against.
IMHO

------------------------------------------------------------------
Get the fuck back in your own lane, commie moonbat.
It's called....."putting the fear of government" in everyone's mind.
Common Communist tactic.
And up jumps the devil -- MAGA's.......and their 1950's McCarthy hearings "Commie'-phobia.
It was 70+ years ago, but they still think Nikita is hiding under their beds.

Plus, as you see with poor poster "Oddball" there is a parochialism, a xenophobia, that one could believe is one of the defining 'tells'..... on MAGAloonia.

No disrespect intended.

Last edited:
Oh, I get that, TT.
Have for a long time.
I post for myself.
Mainly.
But, if what I post informs or entertains such as yourself, or a couple dozen of the better educated here.....well, I'm quite OK with that.
The Duped & Snookered, for me, mainly serve as a foil. A wall to bounce the ball against.
IMHO

And up jumps the devil -- MAGA's.......and their 1950's McCarthy hearings "Commie'-phobia.

Plus, as you see with poor poster "Oddball" there is a parochialism, a xenophobia, that one could believe is one of the defining 'tells'..... on MAGAloonia.

No disrespect intended.
Chili’s post is manically verbose and pointless, but dishonest to the last line.

Oh, I get that, TT.
Have for a long time.
I post for myself.
Mainly.
IMHO

No disrespect intended.
Im in much the same place. Is there a place where intelligent conservatives gather ?

The oddballs of the site are too far beneath intelligence levels to make any sort of argument that doesnt involve posting a picture.

I wonder if they actually learn anything on here ?

Forum List

Back