This will be controversial

A Vegan friend of mine tried to make her cats into vegans a few years ago. The result: the starving cats killed the song birds in her neighborhood.

I hate when the neighborhood cats hang out in my yard waiting to pounce on the song birds. If there's one thing that plucks me nice and good, it's that. Their owners aren't vegans, but boy does that pluck me. I have a little green sign in one of my flower beds out front that means my property is a certified natural habitat. I built all of that just so I could have the song birds around. And they poop in my mulch beds, too.

I'm going to write a very stern letter to the homeowners association, just haven't got around to it yet, I've been lightly plinking them with rubber bb if I see em prowling.

Get a super soaker and fill it with water mixed with a bit of ammonia (not enough to hurt, but enough to smell). After you've soaked a cat a couple of times, it will learn to stay away.

I find you intellectually and ethically disingenuous. Your burning strawxyrs are polluting this board.

So no arguments about veganismā€¦ just an attack on me personally? That is disappointing, since you know me from Discuss Anything, and I posted there for many years, and I thought you knew that Iā€™m sincere. Or did you not know that I am lily from DA?

Itā€™s also disappointing because you used to get a lot of hate there, and there were a few times when I defended you, amidst the nasty attacks you used to get from some of the liberals there. And now because I am vegan all of a sudden Iā€™m the enemy?

I did not recognize you from DA - that was over 10 years ago.

I find you sneaking a video that is highly disturbing to many to be quite disingenuous at best. It is also unfair to equate eating meat with torturing animals. If you think that attacking people and trying to make them feel guilty is going to win Vegan converts, you are sorely mistaken.

I know. You said that yesterday. And I apologized yesterday for not posting a warning.

This thread was actually a spur of the moment thing. And on top of it being spur of the moment, when I was setting up the thread, I accidentally hit enter or something and the thread posted before it was finishedā€¦ before the video was even embedded, and I had to quickly fix it.

But I admit, even with that premature posting, I hadnā€™t planned to post a warningā€¦ maybe because I just wanted people to click on it. And I know that when you put a warning up, usually the very people who should see it, refuse to look at it.

Thatā€™s actually how I became vegan. Someone didnā€™t put a warning up and I watched slaughterhouse footage and was horrified because I realized I was paying for that.

If you hate my posts about veganism so much, maybe you should put me on ignore, or just donā€™t click on my threads? I actually donā€™t plan to post any more vegan threads in the near future, since it seems to be a waste of time here.

I apologize for missing your original apology and not recognizing you. But I don't apologize for challenging your vegan propaganda.

I'm a bit sensitive on that front due to a family situation. During the last two year's of my dad's life (he passed away last year), one family member ruined every family gathering she attended with her Vegan Outburst scenes. What she did was horrible, and I cannot support Vegan propaganda in any form. It's abusive.

You are free to eat what you wish. I'm not interested in interfering with your choices. Why can't you respect the choices of others?

Apology accepted. And I can see why youā€™d be sensitive on that front, due to that family member. Thatā€™s a real shame. I donā€™t know what exactly she did...but at the end of the day, to be fair and logical, something should be judged on its own merit, rather than on the messenger or source.

Also, I donā€™t want to argue with you anymoreā€¦ but when you use the word propaganda, it implies dishonesty / lies. As I said to sergeant, if thereā€™s anything I said that is untrue, I wish you would be specific and show how it is false, instead of labeling it all as propaganda, or getting mad at the messenger. I never want to post anything that is false. I realize that people who hold a different worldview are not going to accept the biblical stuff, but thereā€™s a difference between sincerely having a differing view, and being dishonest or posting propaganda.

Peace, and thank you.

I consider it propaganda because it is not indicative of how all animals raised for food are treated. It's like finding a child abused in foster care and claiming all foster care is bad. But enough on this topic. I'm glad to see you here again.

Crazy libtards think killing a chicken or a cow is cruel treatment, but sucking a human baby out through a tube from the mothers uterus is a "right."

Then you donā€™t get out much. There are a fast growing amount of vegan athletes, vegan bodybuilders, runners, etc. Youā€™re going by outdated, lame info.

I read back in the 1980s Stallone was a strict veggie guy..

But I love steak..

I completely get it. I used to love meat so much that I distinctly remember saying ā€œI could never be vegetarian or vegan.ā€ The funny thing is, pretty much every vegan says that exact same thing. And most vegans (at least the ones who do it for the animals) later say it was the best decision they ever made.

I love bake potatoes and stuff..

But where do you get the protein from?

Don't you feel weak..

Thereā€™s protein in a lot of plant-based foods...Beans, lentils, chickpeas, grains, peanut butter, veggies, tofu, etc.. No, I donā€™t feel week. :) In fact, my health has improved substantially in the last couple years. And these days, itā€™s so easy! Thereā€™s alternatives for pretty much everything.

....oh fer fukes sake!!!!
Week? You cant see your own mental weakness due to your dietary choices.

I am telling you she is very pretty..

And you know she could beat your ass in a heart beat

Looks dont influence me...thats shallow.
And I highly doubt she could kick my ass...unless I let her.

Wrong man was given all animals to use and eat. But biologically man NEEDS meat, with out it you need special diets and vitamins.

Every vegan I know is sickly.
Then you donā€™t get out much. There are a fast growing amount of vegan athletes, vegan bodybuilders, runners, etc. Youā€™re going by outdated, lame info.

But I love steak..

I completely get it. I used to love meat so much that I distinctly remember saying ā€œI could never be vegetarian or vegan.ā€ The funny thing is, pretty much every vegan says that exact same thing. And most vegans (at least the ones who do it for the animals) later say it was the best decision they ever made.

Not eating meat is the stupidest movement the world has ever seen.
It's purely based on emotion.
No, it absolutely is not. You are so wrong. Animal agriculture is horrible for the environment and is probably the biggest thing killing the planet. Hereā€™s an article for you to read: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/may/31/avoiding-meat-and-dairy-is-single-biggest-way-to-reduce-your-impactThis is not my -on-earth

Then you have the health aspectā€¦ cancer and heart disease are epidemics. Itā€™s how people eat! This is not my opinion, there are tons of studies to back up the link between animal products and problems like cancer, heart disease, diabetes, etc. If you have Netflix, watch Forks Over Knives. Also watch the documentary What the Health?

Youā€™ve got it backwards. There are numerous good, logical, compelling reasons to go to a plant-based diet. And NO valid reasons to eat meat. People eat meat because of tradition/ habit/ tastebuds. Thatā€™s pretty much it. So what is based on emotion is continuing to do something that is detrimental in numerous ways, just because you like the taste.

Sorry.
Man is an omnivore like it or not.
Dont be a leftist and deny science.

Wrong man was given all animals to use and eat. But biologically man NEEDS meat, with out it you need special diets and vitamins.

But I love steak..

No, it absolutely is not. You are so wrong. Animal agriculture is horrible for the environment and is probably the biggest thing killing the planet. Hereā€™s an article for you to read: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/may/31/avoiding-meat-and-dairy-is-single-biggest-way-to-reduce-your-impactThis is not my -on-earth

Then you have the health aspectā€¦ cancer and heart disease are epidemics. Itā€™s how people eat! This is not my opinion, there are tons of studies to back up the link between animal products and problems like cancer, heart disease, diabetes, etc. If you have Netflix, watch Forks Over Knives. Also watch the documentary What the Health?

Youā€™ve got it backwards. There are numerous good, logical, compelling reasons to go to a plant-based diet. And NO valid reasons to eat meat. People eat meat because of tradition/ habit/ tastebuds. Thatā€™s pretty much it. So what is based on emotion is continuing to do something that is detrimental in numerous ways, just because you like the taste.

Sorry.

Yeah, that must be why the more meat and animal products people eat, the higher their risk is for heart disease, cancer and other preventable diseases. And that must be why most people don't salivate when they see roadkill.

The actual science doesn't say what you think it does, this video goes over all of it, thoroughly:

But I love steak..

Sorry.

Yeah, that must be why the more meat and animal products people eat, the higher their risk is for heart disease, cancer and other preventable diseases. And that must be why most people don't salivate when they see roadkill.

The actual science doesn't say what you think it does, this video goes over all of it, thoroughly:

That would depend on the type of meat you eat.

But I love steak..

Sorry.

But again...man is an omnivore.
Dont deny science.

But I love steak..

Sorry.

Dont deny science.

Again, the actual science says something very different than what you've been taught. The video goes over all of that, in detail. I'm not going to list all the things said in the video, that would be redundant. You can watch it if you are genuinely interested in that topic.

But I love steak..

Sorry.

Dont deny science.

Again, the actual science says something very different than what you've been taught. The video goes over all of that, in detail. I'm not going to list all the things said in the video, that would be redundant. You can watch it if you are genuinely interested in that topic.

Evolution says you're crazy.

But I love steak..

Sorry.

Dont deny science.

You went to public school, didn't you? I'm not trying to insult you, I too went to government schools. I later realized that much of what we were taught was indoctrination, not truth. As a born again Christian, I have an entirely different worldview now, and I no longer buy into Darwinian evolution. But that's another topic.

But I love steak..

Sorry.

Dont deny science.

You went to public school, didn't you? I'm not trying to insult you, I too went to government schools. I later realized that much of what we were taught was indoctrination, not truth. As a born again Christian, I have an entirely different worldview now, and I no longer buy into Darwinian evolution. But that's another topic.

Check out this chart.

1599441807850.png

But I love steak..

Sorry.

Dont deny science.

Sorry...the teeth give it away.
Dont be anti science.

But I love steak..

Sorry.

Dont deny science.

Check out this chart.

View attachment 385400

Behaviorally, yes. Biologically, no. Check out the video I posted in post #226.

But I love steak..

Sorry.

Dont deny science.

Dont be anti science.

haha, of all the characteristics, that's one of the worst ones you could have used as an argument. When I look at our teeth, to me it's obvious we look more like an herbivore than anything else. But that said, there are some herbivores with sharp teeth, so that whole argument is not compelling in the first place.

Btw, if anyone wants to watch a good video, this is an excellent Ted talk. It's very interesting. It's not too long, less than 17 minutes.

I don't agree with some of his views (he speaks from a secular / evolution standpoint) but I still like this talk, it's definitely worth watching:

The video is propaganda pushing your particular religious view.

But I love steak..

Sorry.

Dont deny science.

Dont be anti science.

haha, of all the characteristics, that's one of the worst ones you could have used as an argument. When I look at our teeth, to me it's obvious we look more like an herbivore than anything else. But that said, there are some herbivores with sharp teeth, so that whole argument is not compelling in the first place.

This Jr.High if not grade school stuff.
How you dont know this is beyond me.

The video is propaganda pushing your particular religious view.

What video, the one posted in post #226? That was not a religious video at all, not once did it mention anything even remotely religious. It sounds like you didn't even watch it. The person speaking is a doctor, and she cites one of the most prominent cardiologists in the world, with over 1500 publications in peer-reviewed medical journals. Feel free to refute what is said in the video. But simply saying "that's propaganda" is not an argument. And trying to portray it as "religious" is also a non-argument, and dishonest.

But I love steak..

Sorry.

Dont deny science.

Dont be anti science.

This Jr.High if not grade school stuff.
How you dont know this is beyond me.

We went over this already, once or twice. You never refute or even address anything anything I say, you just repeat what you were taught in your government school. But it's fine if you don't want to have an actual two-sided discussion. I never even intended for this old thread to be bumped, I was just looking for something and gave some reactions to old posts, and then you bumped it.

ETA: And it's not that I "don't know" that stuff. Obviously I do. As I stated earlier (which you apparently missed) I used to believe the same things you believe, for many years. Then my entire worldview changed when I became a believer. Darwinian evolution is one of the biggest lies ever perpetrated on mankind. But that's a different topic.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back