This Wall will be Amazing

I'm for the wall for humanitarian purpose of stopping those risking their lives and children's lives trekking through the desert along with other positive aspects that it would provide. With 19 million visitors from Mexico each year arriving legally, I'm disappointed we're not hearing what is planned to deal with those overstaying their welcome. Bottom line in my view is that if cost are clearly controlled, I'll settle for a half-ass solution over nothing being done.

I'm for the wall for humanitarian purpose of stopping those risking their lives and children's lives trekking through the desert along with other positive aspects that it would provide. With 19 million visitors from Mexico each year arriving legally, I'm disappointed we're not hearing what is planned to deal with those overstaying their welcome. Bottom line in my view is that if cost are clearly controlled, I'll settle for a half-ass solution over nothing being done.

Could this not be done in a better manner?

If this wall means people just build tunnels, then it doesn't work.

What works is things that can prevent the tunnels, and you don't need a wall for that.

What works is things that can prevent the tunnels, and you don't need a wall for that.
Abolish ICE is a good idea.

I hope it turns out like this. A mile a day, and permanent. And it looks good too.

"Build the dang fence wall!"

A border wall like that is stupid. It's going to mess up local economies and destroy animal migration routes.

We're not supposed to call them animals.

I didn't think of that. We are destroying habitats and freeway crossings for critters is a needed thing. But...it was funny what you said, lol.

I am no illegal hugger, but I keep thinking about Regan begging to tear down walls. Now, wouldn't it be better, and more fitting, if we expected immigrants to be certified (perfectly within the realm of technology) and employers be required to ask for proof of immigration status? Make it Mandatory! Only a idiot, illegals or liberals would oppose that. It would be cost effective, and would address all the issues. A wall? Get rid of that and put that funding into ICE.

I hope it turns out like this. A mile a day, and permanent. And it looks good too.

"Build the dang fence wall!"
I agree. I believe Trump is right. We need the wall.

In addition to it being a physical barrier to a substantial percentage of casual border-jumpers who cross, commit crimes and re-cross (a major concern to Americans who live close to the border), its visual influence will have a meaningful psychological effect, serving as a statement of how serious we are about our border and the value of American citizenship.

Physical means will not stop those that come legally but don't leave. You could microchip everybody or maintain a retina database and have detection devices on building entries, car dashboards, voting booths, etc. but who would want that? Not sure why the use Social Security number is problematic? With a status code, birthdate and place of legal residence it could be a good means for voting registry as well as way to check employees.

I am no illegal hugger, but I keep thinking about Regan begging to tear down walls. Now, wouldn't it be better, and more fitting, if we expected immigrants to be certified (perfectly within the realm of technology) and employers be required to ask for proof of immigration status? Make it Mandatory! Only a idiot, illegals or liberals would oppose that. It would be cost effective, and would address all the issues. A wall? Get rid of that and put that funding into ICE.
I think you're right. In fact I have suggested the mandatory possession of biometric citizen ID cards which contain a photo, fingerprint, iris coding, various items of personal and medical data, each card instantly addressable by scanning (like a credit card) to a central database.

Anyone who employs workers should be required to have an inexpensive scanning device which functions via ordinary phone line to instantly verify authenticity.

Problem is too much opposition to mandatory possession of such a card. "Police state" implication.

I think you're right. In fact I have suggested the mandatory possession of biometric citizen ID cards which contain a photo, fingerprint, iris coding, various items of personal and medical data, each card instantly addressable by scanning (like a credit card) to a central database.

Anyone who employs workers should be required to have an inexpensive scanning device which functions via ordinary phone line to instantly verify authenticity.

Problem is too much opposition to mandatory possession of such a card. "Police state" implication.
And um, I am channeling my inner Erin Regan DA person, um why is it the best option is always something one or another political group absolutely opposes? Um well, get over it. It's the best option we got, if a liberal can suddenly make illegals magically jump over all these hoops and just immigrate legally, if that isn't asking TOO MUCH, that would be the best of all options.

Physical means will not stop those that come legally but don't leave. You could microchip everybody or maintain a retina database and have detection devices on building entries, car dashboards, voting booths, etc. but who would want that? Not sure why the use Social Security number is problematic? With a status code, birthdate and place of legal residence it could be a good means for voting registry as well as way to check employees.

Well, the country needs to find a balance, but with partisan politics, balance is the last thing the politicians want.

Say hello to your father, Satan............

Forum List

Back