This Record Setting HS Fullback has ZERO Scholarship Offers

Wh
Makes me wonder about the academic side to this young man. Just read the full article. That is interesting.
He has a 3.3 GPA I believe I read. I watched his video he is GOOD! Damn good blocker and runner and receiver. He is a bit short but there are a lot of shorter RB's in the NFL right now. He has good size though. The article I read said he is a RB/FB he doesn't have to be super fast to play at Division 1 level he outruns DB's so.
He will get a scholarship somewhere
Just not in a top conference
Why not in a top conference? I haven't seen a RB run over players like that since Jim Brown or Jerome Bettis or Barry Sanders! He is good....really good. I hope ND offers him a Scholarship but I think he would need to bring up his GPA.

I don’t think a major college program would ignore a top HS running back unless they see something in his game we don’t see

Caliber of his competition
Size, weight, speed
How he would fit in their offense

I think he will get a scholarship with a Mid Major conference

Wh
Makes me wonder about the academic side to this young man. Just read the full article. That is interesting.
He has a 3.3 GPA I believe I read. I watched his video he is GOOD! Damn good blocker and runner and receiver. He is a bit short but there are a lot of shorter RB's in the NFL right now. He has good size though. The article I read said he is a RB/FB he doesn't have to be super fast to play at Division 1 level he outruns DB's so.
Why not in a top conference? I haven't seen a RB run over players like that since Jim Brown or Jerome Bettis or Barry Sanders! He is good....really good. I hope ND offers him a Scholarship but I think he would need to bring up his GPA.

Think Rudy

My daughter was a 5’6” 122 lb SS/CF who hit .412 for her HS career with a .812 slugging percentage In her senior year. She hit 9 HR in her senior year. She played on a top 10 travel team. She was team captain on both squads.

She was the setter for the volleyball team in her freshman and sophomore years and the backup goalie for the soccer team in her junior and senior years.....and a member of the cross country team. She was class president and she graduated HS with her AA degree.

She got ZERO D1 offers to play softball.

Sometimes, shit happens.

Stop being an asshole.

My daughter was a 5’6” 122 lb SS/CF who hit .412 for her HS career with a .812 slugging percentage In her senior year. She hit 9 HR in her senior year. She played on a top 10 travel team. She was team captain on both squads.

She was the setter for the volleyball team in her freshman and sophomore years and the backup goalie for the soccer team in her junior and senior years.....and a member of the cross country team. She was class president and she graduated HS with her AA degree.

Sometimes, shit happens.

Stop being an asshole.
Sounds like a good kid

Hope she is doing well

Wh

Think Rudy
He was a bad student in HS,this kid isn't. Rudy was small for his position which was defensive end this kid is good size for RB.

Wh

I would guess the ND you are referring to is Notre Dame. I think his size might be a factor there. But there's another ND that might have possibilities, North Dakota State University. Probably the best college football program in the NCAA Division I-FCS.
My neighbor is an alumni of NDSU and keeps me informed about the school. NDSU has dominated that division for years.

Sometimes, shit happens.

Stop being an asshole.
Sounds like a good kid

Hope she is doing well

She’s doing great. Thanks.

Wh

I would guess the ND you are referring to is Notre Dame. I think his size might me a factor there. But there's another ND that might have possibilities, North Dakota State University. Probably the best college football program in the NCAA Division I-FCS.
My neighbor is an alumni of NDSU and it's dominated that division for years.
True...NDSU is a great football team I watched FCS football I love the playoffs in them. I was hoping SDSU would beat NDSU last week but oh well. Going for whoever goes up against them pretty much like I do when someone plays Alabama lol.

Wh

Think Rudy
He was a bad student in HS,this kid isn't. Rudy was small for his position which was defensive end this kid is good size for RB.

Colleges will evaluate his game
If they think he is a good fit for their team and the competition he will face, he will get an offer

Right now he is not a top recruit. Rudy was good in HS but not ND material

Is this a case of reverse discrimination? You know, the idea that only black running backs can be really good, and so any white running back is simply dimissed?

Based on what evidence? Claiming racial discrimination in this case is just as ridiculous as when racial minorities do it based on pure speculation without any evidence.
The guy is one of the top HS fullbacks and he is getting ZERO attention.

You are saying that makes sense to you?
He's too old, they now pick up Junior high football players for scholarships.

Is this a case of reverse discrimination? You know, the idea that only black running backs can be really good, and so any white running back is simply dimissed?

Indiana high school fullback dominating opponents, but doesn't have a scholarship offer

An Indiana high school football player who has torn up the gridiron this season still has no place to play next year.

New Palestine High School junior Charlie Spegal racked up 3,356 rushing yards and scored 70 touchdowns during the 2018 season -- but he's reportedly yet to receive a scholarship offer from any college, let alone a top-tier football program....

The 5-10, 225 lb. fullback for New Palestine, located 15 miles east of Indianapolis, can also run a 4.6-second 40-yard dash, squat 575 pounds and bench press 420 pounds, according to a Bleacher Report profile Monday.

Spegal’s skillset, however, may not be exactly what the average college coach is looking for. Instead of dazzling speed, Spegal has shown the ability to find the smallest hole in an offensive line, power through it and shake off three or four would-be tacklers along the way. He told Bleacher Report he models his game after a former Heisman Trophy nominee.

“I really idolized Adrian Peterson,” Spegal said. “I like how hard it is to bring him down and how easily he breaks a lot of tackles. But yes, I have always enjoyed contact.”

Most likely, no. His own head coach lays out the situation pretty clearly.

"If we're standing here in 1988, or 1998, he's probably one of the top recruits in the country," New Palestine head coach Kyle Ralph says. "He would've probably been one of the most sought-after kids in America. But the game has changed, and apparently what people are looking for has changed."

Run, Charlie, Run: 70 Touchdowns Later, High School Back Still Seeking Attention

Fullbacks just aren't as sought after as they used to be. There are teams that have eliminated the position entirely.

Carriker Chronicles: No more fullbacks at Nebraska? Thoughts on the Huskers eliminating the position

Fullbacks slowly being phased out in era of wide-open offenses

Which is a shame. As this kid looks like a hard working, athletically gifted gem.

Indiana high school fullback dominating opponents, but doesn't have a scholarship offer

An Indiana high school football player who has torn up the gridiron this season still has no place to play next year.

New Palestine High School junior Charlie Spegal racked up 3,356 rushing yards and scored 70 touchdowns during the 2018 season -- but he's reportedly yet to receive a scholarship offer from any college, let alone a top-tier football program....

The 5-10, 225 lb. fullback for New Palestine, located 15 miles east of Indianapolis, can also run a 4.6-second 40-yard dash, squat 575 pounds and bench press 420 pounds, according to a Bleacher Report profile Monday.

Spegal’s skillset, however, may not be exactly what the average college coach is looking for. Instead of dazzling speed, Spegal has shown the ability to find the smallest hole in an offensive line, power through it and shake off three or four would-be tacklers along the way. He told Bleacher Report he models his game after a former Heisman Trophy nominee.

“I really idolized Adrian Peterson,” Spegal said. “I like how hard it is to bring him down and how easily he breaks a lot of tackles. But yes, I have always enjoyed contact.”

More a statement on todays college offenses. No full back in the spread. He may want to add some tight end skills.

Yeah, I don’t understand the concept of dropping the Fullback position. I remember when the Chargers did it and their rushing yardage dropped to half since then.

The Chargers who ard tied for first place in their division?

More a statement on todays college offenses. No full back in the spread. He may want to add some tight end skills.

Yeah, I don’t understand the concept of dropping the Fullback position. I remember when the Chargers did it and their rushing yardage dropped to half since then.

Dufus thinks they dropped the FB last year.

I still beleive in the I formation.

He is to small, he would get killed I college..

I don’t understand people saying he is small . How big is devonte freeman, or warrick Dunn or a bunch of them playing on sat. He is a junior, right, so he has more room to grow and bulk up. Just the way he knocked people down and ran through gang tackles was impressive, and at least in the videos he outran the secondary. And to the most important point, how big is his heart?

Maybe a 4.6 forty isn't fast enough for major college interest; there are some sterling examples of current white running backs in Big Time football
http%3A%2F%2Fo.aolcdn.com%2Fhss%2Fstorage%2Fmidas%2F78dcae0857ea9870660f4a11b4290545%2F205536034%2Fcarolina-panthers-running-back-christian-mccaffrey-at-the-teams-first-picture-id823254424

Christian McCaffrey Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com
4.48 forty.

Clearly it must be racism......after all he is white and we all know that all racism is directed towards whites.......

It’s true. No major college football program would even take a chance on a white kid. Too unpredictable and prone to getting in trouble.

Maybe they’ll give him a shot at one of the HWC’s?

Forum List

Back