This place is a joke - Merged with AIRING OUT GRIEVANCES

Status
Not open for further replies.
jillian said:
Oh...I absolutely was. Doesn't mean we acted on the bias.

And you didn't see what they did to our home. So there ya go. Or do they get to spam and create obscene threads because they're right wing?

So.. It's OK to close threads, move things around, etc. when there are disruptions, or things veer off course? Who makes that decision? Who determines when things need to be taken back into control?

GotZoom said:
Sweetie...it was the invading Drudge Sludge who intentionally abused the threads and destroyed the discussion.

She had to practice censorship and delete all 150 threads in their entirety.

Ummmmm...honey, I think Shattered is smart enough to understand what happened without translation. I write pretty clearly.

Refer to my prior question.

jillian said:
Ummmmm...honey, I think Shattered is smart enough to understand what happened without translation. I write pretty clearly.

Refer to my prior question.

Sarcasm...honey.

Whew. If you misinterpreted that, I wonder how many of those 150 were closed due to the same thing.

Shattered said:
So.. It's OK to close threads, move things around, etc. when there are disruptions, or things veer off course? Who makes that decision? Who determines when things need to be taken back into control?

In our case, the admin had the final call.

BTW, did I say that those 150 threads were EXACTLY the same and all would have violated obscenity laws?

But to get back to my initial point, even in those circumstances, Grump would get annoyed with me that threads were being deleted/closed or whatever b/c he felt that whatever it was would run its course. And he was probably right then.

And I haven't seen anything here that even comes close to the kind of nastiness that we got.

jillian said:
In our case, the admin had the final call.

BTW, did I say that those 150 threads were EXACTLY the same and all would have violated obscenity laws?

But to get back to my initial point, even in those circumstances, Grump would get annoyed with me that threads were being deleted/closed or whatever b/c he felt that whatever it was would run its course.

Then why not let the law handle it? Why censor posts on a "free speech" board?

I'd have preferred to see pretty much all of Roomy's pointless threads closed, and see him locked out of a few threads that he purposely tried to be an ass in. It didn't happen.. Is there any point in throwing a fit? Nah. Suck it up and move on..

Point is, nobody is going to like everything.. Nobody is ever going to 100% agree on what should be done, and how something should be run. THIS one happens to be run in a manner that keeps 95% of its members satisfied. The masses have spoken. :D

dmp said:
That's exactly what's happening - his passive agressive bullshit.

Grump: Darin's a liar!
Abbey: "no, you started shit talking!"
Grump:"All I did was ask a QUESTION!!" (wimper...wimper..)

Abbey - I've known his kind on board before; The blustering and fussing when they can't be in charge. When they get called on what they said they say 'Well, YOU should have been More CLEAR!!" blah blah blah.

Thanks for your efforts AN. He's stuck on 2+2=5.

Hmmmmmm....passive aggressive, Darin? Because he questioned the way you responded to his inquiry?

You really that thin-skinned?

Shattered said:
Then why not let the law handle it? Why censor posts on a "free speech" board?

I'd have preferred to see pretty much all of Roomy's pointless threads closed, and see him locked out of a few threads that he purposely tried to be an ass in. It didn't happen.. Is there any point in throwing a fit? Nah. Suck it up and move on..

Point is, nobody is going to like everything.. Nobody is ever going to 100% agree on what should be done, and how something should be run. THIS one happens to be run in a manner that keeps 95% of its members satisfied. The masses have spoken. :D

Oh...absolutely.... but Grump's point that a couple of the mods (not all) perhaps acted in a heavy-handed fashion, was a fair one and certainly wasn't said with malice. Again, I'm not taking shots at the mods. They've been largely very nice to me. But I think the response he got to a small inquiry was uncalled for.

BTW, postscript...the reason I call them Drudge-sludge is because they were sent over by that site for the sole purpose of disrupting it. And what eventually happened was that the normal conservatives and moderate dems left the board because it became a chore.

jillian said:
Oh...absolutely.... but Grump's point that a couple of the mods (not all) perhaps acted in a heavy-handed fashion.

BTW, postscript...the reason I call them Drudge-sludge is because they were sent over by that site for the sole purpose of disrupting it. And what eventually happened was that the normal conservatives and moderate dems left the board because it became a chore.

Perhaps they aren't being "heavy-handed" enough in some cases.. My point is..those two are the ones that moderate on a consistent basis, thus the reason they're targets no matter what they do...

GotZoom said:
Sarcasm...honey.

Whew. If you misinterpreted that, I wonder how many of those 150 were closed due to the same thing.

Nope. I'm thicker skinned than that. I prefer to deflect than confront nastiness except when necessary. See my post to shattered for WHY the threads were deleted.

But in retrospect, truth is, the normal folk probably just should have gone on vacation for a week or two until the psychos got bored of their new playground. Then we could have gone back to playing nice.

Shattered said:
Perhaps they aren't being "heavy-handed" enough in some cases.. My point is..those two are the ones that moderate on a consistent basis, thus the reason they're targets no matter what they do...

Maybe. Or maybe they make more out of some stuff than they should. What I will say is that I had a similar question to Grump's as regards a thread where I was having a convo with ScreamingEagle. It was a cordial convo, but Jeff shut it down. I pm'd him as to why. He responded politely and answered my question. I didn't agree with him, but I respected his answer because he felt the reason was a good one and did me the courtesy of a respectful response.

Perhaps it's all in the handling of the inquiry.

this all seems more like a witch hunt to get d nuked than anything else....i smell one of the seven deadly sins at play

jillian said:
Maybe. Or maybe they make more out of some stuff than they should. What I will say is that I had a similar question to Grump's as regards a thread where I was having a convo with ScreamingEagle. It was a cordial convo, but Jeff shut it down. I pm'd him as to why. He responded politely and answered my question. I didn't agree with him, but I respected his answer because he felt the reason was a good one and did me the courtesy of a respectful response.

Perhaps it's all in the handling of the inquiry.

Perhaps it's all in the wording of the inquiry.. I don't much care for your opinion on a lot of things, but I haven't seen you get as nasty as I've seen some others get. If you're asking questions the way you're responding to my posts, you're more likely to get a polite, well thought out answer.. If you ask with a "WTF, ass!" tone, you're likely going to be told to "get fucked"..

Shattered said:
Perhaps it's all in the wording of the inquiry.. I don't much care for your opinion on a lot of things, but I haven't seen you get as nasty as I've seen some others get. If you're asking questions the way you're responding to my posts, you're more likely to get a polite, well thought out answer.. If you ask with a "WTF, ass!" tone, you're likely going to be told to "get fucked"..

I always try to be polite unless someone is rude to me first. And even then, I'm more likely to let it go than get nasty. I've ignored more than a few pot shots taken at me by certain posters because they're long-time members and well-regarded and I felt that deserved some deference from a newbie. Though I'm not above telling someone where to go if they get snitty with me.

As for Grump. He's been one of my closest friends for about three years now and my all time best cyber buddy. Knowing him, I'm fairly sure the initial inquiry was neutral but he has no problem responding to someone in kind. But you have to ask him.

jillian said:
I always try to be polite unless someone is rude to me first. And even then, I'm more likely to let it go than get nasty. I've ignored more than a few pot shots taken at me by certain posters because they're long-time members and well-regarded and I felt that deserved some deference from a newbie. Though I'm not above telling someone where to go if they get snitty with me.

As for Grump. He's been one of my closest friends for about three years now and my all time best cyber buddy. Knowing him, I'm fairly sure the initial inquiry was neutral but he has no problem responding to someone in kind. But you have to ask him.

Ah.. So you have no problem with the mods/admin, but you're defending him because he's a friend of yours? Admirable. But try looking at it from a logical standpoint, since apparently, you used to be a Mod.. If you were any good at it, then you often found yourself in the same situation as those two being referenced...

Shattered said:
Ah.. So you have no problem with the mods/admin, but you're defending him because he's a friend of yours? Admirable. But try looking at it from a logical standpoint, since apparently, you used to be a Mod.. If you were any good at it, then you often found yourself in the same situation as those two being referenced...

No. We don't defend each other when we disagree. And we disagree on a lot of things. (He thinks I'm a leftie...). I happen to agree with him on this one.

And yes, I found myself on the wrong side of stuff as a mod. Doesn't mean one or the other of us didn't act incorrectly from time to time and get slapped by the admin.

*Edit* And just because I have not been personally affected by the situation, for whatever reason, doesn't mean that I don't observe certain things. For example, I don't think a mod should ever start the name-calling in a discussion. I've seen that happen, too.

jillian said:
No. We don't defend each other when we disagree. And we disagree on a lot of things. (He thinks I'm a leftie...). I happen to agree with him on this one.

And yes, I found myself on the wrong side of stuff as a mod. Doesn't mean one or the other of us didn't act incorrectly from time to time and get slapped by the admin.

*Edit* And just because I have not been personally affected by the situation, for whatever reason, doesn't mean that I don't observe certain things. For example, I don't think a mod should ever start the name-calling in a discussion. I've seen that happen, too.

I agree about the name-calling thing.. I believe Mods/Admin should be held to a higher standard of conduct. (This was also previously discussed, and I named one particular Mod I had a problem with for just that reason).

But.. on the other hand, Mods/Admin are still human, and subject to the same thoughts and emotions the rest of us have.. In order to make sure that they're not part of any "scuffles", you basically have to take away their ability to post their opinion on any subject, and that's just not going to fly either.

All in all, do you seriously have any real, legitimate complaints on how this board is run? If so, then ask Jim to start a "suggestions" thread.. If not, then what's the point in debating all of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back