This Just In: Dede Scozzafava Drops Out

Oddball

Unobtanium Member
Jan 3, 2009
Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
By the way, for those who are calling for the end of the War in Afghanistan, you do realize this Hoffman guy is for more troops? :eusa_eh:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Yo..._district_special_election,_2009#Conservative

Hoffman had sought the Republican nomination. In July, when Scozzafava was nominated instead, he offered to help her. His email to her read: "Hi Dede, Congratulations and the best of luck in your candidacy. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Doug."[28] Shortly thereafter, however, he contacted Conservative Party leaders, seeking support for his own candidacy.[29] Hoffman later stated, "I never promised that I would support Dede Scozzafava."[28] One Republican leader said that Hoffman, while seeking the Republican nomination, had "repeatedly" pledged to support the nominee.[30]

Another liar, just what Congress needs. If he wins, I'm sure he'll fit in perfectly.

Last edited:
Missed her list of endorsers, didn't you?

Newt Gringrich, Peter T. King, NRA, and Log Cabin Republicans are Liberals?

Or are you referring to the endorsement she received that she did not seek from the founder of DailyKos?

I like to know what makes her radically different from Doug. The fact she's not against Gay Marriage I'm assuming?

Another surprise in the hotly contested special House election in upstate New York: This morning, the Republican candidate, Dede Scozzafava, suspended her campaign and released her supporters.

She hasn’t endorsed either of her rivals, but told her local paper that a Siena Research Institute poll out today showed her too far behind to be a viable candidate.

GOP Candidate Drops Out in Upstate New York House Race - Washington Wire - WSJ

Is this the Candidate that NEWT supported?

another surprise in the hotly contested special house election in upstate new york: This morning, the republican candidate, dede scozzafava, suspended her campaign and released her supporters.

She hasn’t endorsed either of her rivals, but told her local paper that a siena research institute poll out today showed her too far behind to be a viable candidate.
gop candidate drops out in upstate new york house race - washington wire - wsj

is this the candidate that newt supported?
yep

And the Conservative candidate was ahead of the GOP endorsed one?

YIKES! Seems that Newt may talk a Conservative game, but backs the wrong one according to the people of that District. I am not quite yet at calling Newt a Partisan HACK just yet.

And your thoughts on the NRA and Log Cabin Republicans supporting her? And why are YOU supporting him? What makes him different than her?

I'm still trying to figure out being against Gay Marriage is a Conservative value. What does oppressing someone's civil liberties with the help of the Government have to do with Small Government again?

Last edited:
is this the candidate that newt supported?
yep

YIKES! Seems that Newt may talk a Conservative game, but backs the wrong one according to the people of that District. I am not quite yet at calling Newt a Partisan HACK just yet.
My opinion is they were lazy they endorsed without learning exactly who they were endorsing. And then SHIT HIT THE FAN...good too.

Great decision but i hope it isn't too late. How could the Republicans run her as their candidate in the first place? Shame on Newt Gingrich for endorsing her. I now have to put Newt Gingrich on the list of phony Republicans who are not to be trusted. He has now joined Arlen Specter and Lindsey Graham on the list. I really am rooting for Hoffman.

Missed her list of endorsers, didn't you?

Newt Gringrich, Peter T. King, NRA, and Log Cabin Republicans are Liberals?

Or are you referring to the endorsement she received that she did not seek from the founder of DailyKos?

I like to know what makes her radically different from Doug. The fact she's not against Gay Marriage I'm assuming?
Daily Kos, ACORN, the uber leftist Working Families Party.

She's also for the card check and cap-n-gouge scams.

Like Kos said; "she's the most liberal candidate in the race who's not a democrat".

My opinion is they were lazy they endorsed without learning exactly who they were endorsing. And then SHIT HIT THE FAN...good too.

Agreed. Conservative resurgence flowering. I'm all for it.

Great decision but i hope it isn't too late. How could the Republicans run her as their candidate in the first place? Shame on Newt Gingrich for endorsing her. I now have to put Newt Gingrich on the list of phony Republicans who are not to be trusted. He has now joined Arlen Specter and Lindsey Graham on the list. I really am rooting for Hoffman.
What we are seeing is the OLD SCHOOL Republican's they are still stuck on proving they are fair minded and can work with democrats. The problem is they are ancient, behind the times because there are no more Democrats. That party is Democrat in name only.

You may add me to your camp.

I've had the weasel on that list since the great budget sellout of '95.

Where have you been?

I've had the weasel on that list since the great budget sellout of '95.

Where have you been?

In all candor? Same place as me.

Daily Kos, ACORN, the uber leftist Working Families Party.

She's also for the card check and cap-n-gouge scams.

Like Kos said; "she's the most liberal candidate in the race who's not a democrat".

ACORN endorsed her? Or a group related to ACORN because I remember reading something about that.

As for the Daily Kos, you don't think they're trying to stir shit? Let the Republican and Conservative candidate split the vote between their party, who do you think would come out on top? The Democrat.

Forum List

Back