This Just In: Dede Scozzafava Drops Out

Great decision but i hope it isn't too late. How could the Republicans run her as their candidate in the first place? Shame on Newt Gingrich for endorsing her. I now have to put Newt Gingrich on the list of phony Republicans who are not to be trusted. He has now joined Arlen Specter and Lindsey Graham on the list. I really am rooting for Hoffman.
What we are seeing is the OLD SCHOOL Republican's they are still stuck on proving they are fair minded and can work with democrats. The problem is they are ancient, behind the times because there are no more Democrats. That party is Democrat in name only.

The true Democratic Party ceased after JFK in my opinion.

And your thoughts on the NRA and Log Cabin Republicans supporting her? And why are YOU supporting him? What makes him different than her?
Watch those groups you listed now throw their support behind Hoffman thus rendering your argument moot.
I'm still trying to figure out being against Gay Marriage is a Conservative value. What does oppressing someone's civil liberties with the help of the Government have to do with Small Government again?
I'm still trying to figure out how Gay Marriage is a Civil Right. Blacks certainly don't think so.

And the Conservative candidate was ahead of the GOP endorsed one?

YIKES! Seems that Newt may talk a Conservative game, but backs the wrong one according to the people of that District. I am not quite yet at calling Newt a Partisan HACK just yet.
My opinion is they were lazy they endorsed without learning exactly who they were endorsing. And then SHIT HIT THE FAN...good too.

Newt and the local party looked at the two personalities and backed her based on a calculation that she could win, and might be amenable to party pressure.

Those who backed Hoffman did so based on his political principles.

It's your call on who was correct.

But if she released her supporters, it remains to be seen whether they will go with an almost-Republican, or the liberal principles that allowed them to back Scozzafava in the first place.

I'm hoping for a Christie-Hoffman-McDonnell Tuesday trifecta.

It's time to give the boot to the phony country club check pant Republicans once and for all. Maybe this will lead to some real changes in the party. Lets hope so.

Last edited:
Great decision but i hope it isn't too late. How could the Republicans run her as their candidate in the first place? Shame on Newt Gingrich for endorsing her. I now have to put Newt Gingrich on the list of phony Republicans who are not to be trusted. He has now joined Arlen Specter and Lindsey Graham on the list. I really am rooting for Hoffman.
What we are seeing is the OLD SCHOOL Republican's they are still stuck on proving they are fair minded and can work with democrats. The problem is they are ancient, behind the times because there are no more Democrats. That party is Democrat in name only.

Totally agree, on Newt, I wouldn't vote for him ever after this and a few other shit. He needs to stick to writing books about History.

Newt isn't phony. He is brilliant and has some solid ideas, but he is pragmatic to the point that he is missing the bigger picture out there. He is a Party man and believes Republicans have to stick together to beat the Democrats, and he thinks ANY Republican is better than a Democrat. What he is missing is how angry the American people are with the GOP too, and that the GOP has to convince its former conservative base that it hears them and is falling in line behind them. The old boy network and business as usual isn't cutting it much any more.

ACORN endorsed her? Or a group related to ACORN because I remember reading something about that.

As for the Daily Kos, you don't think they're trying to stir shit? Let the Republican and Conservative candidate split the vote between their party, who do you think would come out on top? The Democrat.
I never give knee-jerk knuckle draggers like that, in either party, much credit for being that smart.

Watch those groups you listed now throw their support behind Hoffman thus rendering your argument moot.

I'm still trying to figure out how Gay Marriage is a Civil Right. Blacks certainly don't think so.

I was merely making a point in the first place that those groups were for her so she must of not been that Liberal. Besides, you won't see the Log Cabin Republicans do so. You think they'll support a candidate who is against them receiving their rights and probably thinks of them as scars upon mankind?

And take your race baiting elsewhere.

YIKES! Seems that Newt may talk a Conservative game, but backs the wrong one according to the people of that District. I am not quite yet at calling Newt a Partisan HACK just yet.
My opinion is they were lazy they endorsed without learning exactly who they were endorsing. And then SHIT HIT THE FAN...good too.

Newt and the local party looked at the two personalities and backed her based on a calculation that she could win, and might be amenable to party pressure.

But if she released her supporters, it remains to be seen whether they will go with an almost-Republican, or the liberal principles that allowed them to back Scozzafava in the first place.

I'm in Virginia and I've been getting at least 5 calls a day from both candidates. I hang up on the Deeds crap. McDonnell I think has it locked up for even the left leaning Daily Press here as endorsed McDonnell I have seen a few signs in yards for Deed and I can tell you they are big time Obama supporters but the masses here that came out and voted for Obama I don't think will for Deeds.

I really think record turn out here, that is what I'm looking at more then anything.

Round one goes to the republican Conservative movement

Does this precede driving all moderates out of the republican party?

Stay tuned America, it should be interesting in 2010

I never give knee-jerk knuckle draggers like that, in either party, much credit for being that smart.

I'm not giving them much credit or any credit at all. It's just taking a step back and trying to figure how to stir the most shit. Hell, most recent example, if Dubya really wanted to fuck with people, he would of endorsed Obama.

That would of been a hilarious reaction considering Obama kept comparing McCain to Bush.

Round one goes to the republican Conservative movement

Does this precede driving all moderates out of the republican party?

Stay tuned America, it should be interesting in 2010
I hope so, if they want me to continue on supporting them they fucking better get rid of the garbage!

I'm not giving them much credit or any credit at all. It's just taking a step back and trying to figure how to stir the most shit. Hell, most recent example, if Dubya really wanted to fuck with people, he would of endorsed Obama.

That would of been a hilarious reaction considering Obama kept comparing McCain to Bush.
Yeah....Funny scenario.

But Shrubbie wasn't that smart either. :lol:

Yeah....Funny scenario.

But Shrubbie wasn't that smart either. :lol:

Touche, but his puppet masters were. :lol:

I just would take a grain of salt with what is considered unsolicited or unwanted endorsements. Personally? I don't think this Hoffman character will be any good. And no, it's not because I'm supporting the Democrat.

What exactly are his positions? What makes him such a "Conservative"? These things I have not seen be explained. It seems people see "Oh he's a Conservative" let's vote him. Similar to the two-party system we have now.

For those of you on here who are against sending more troops to Afghanitan (not sure if you are Dude), I just find it weird to see you (not you specifically Dude) supporting this character.

If you are looking for a complaint, none here. Go Conservatives!

What a Conservative use to be and what a Conservative is now is vastly different. Republicans last real Conservative in the highest political office in the land for example was Coolidge. I would say Eisenhower but I've been told several times by Dude that he's not because of his foreign policy.

Try to think back when Coolidge was in office.

Newt Gingrich simply chose Party over Country in my opinion. This is why more people need to become Independents. I think more & more people are just getting so sick of being told that they have to vote for a candidate simply because they have a (D) or an (R) by their name. This is exactly what the Republican Party tried to do here. "Just vote for the woman even though she doesn't stand for anything you believe in because she has an (R) by her name." It's good to see so many standing up against that lame stuff. It really is time to drive the phony check pant country club types out of the party for good. Newt is a fraud just like Arlen Specter and Lindsey Graham are. The time is now to change things in the Republican Party.

Totally agree, on Newt, I wouldn't vote for him ever after this and a few other shit. He needs to stick to writing books about History.

Agreed. Even Bill Bennett a couple mornings ago disagreed with Newt on air on "Morning In America" program regarding his endorsement of this candidate.

He took Newt to task on it.

This is exaclty why the Republican party are idiots. They only think in terms of how many republican's so they can gain control of the house and who cares of how they vote. Totally pisses me off, because Newt, McCain, and others still haven't learned just how this thinking has screwed this country.

Forum List

Back