This Just In: Dede Scozzafava Drops Out

NY23 is proving very significant folks.

This is a HUGE message to the Party elite on both sides of our two-party system.

And as more and more of Pelosi/Obama's health care scam gets disseminated, the outrage is going to increase even more.

Hang on - this is going to be a transformative year coming up in American politics the likes we have not seen for some time...

Seriously kicking all the politician's out of Washington and replacing them high school kids would be better than what we have now.

I WAS one of those party ignorant people to a certain extent, but never again. I belong to no PARTY. I don't think I ever will again either.

I have been on that trail since BUSH couldn't find his Veto Pen on spending.
T, I never liked the spending either but I didn't really be outspoken about it in the past. I however did give Bush high marks for at least standing up for our Military even though he made some mistakes along the way. I was a little naive then. Color me bad, but I grew up fast. :lol:

Round one goes to the republican Conservative movement

Does this precede driving all moderates out of the republican party?

Stay tuned America, it should be interesting in 2010

I hope it precedes driving anti-American, anti-free market, anti-traditional values liberals out of the Republican Party. I am probably about as conservative as anybody in this forum, but I consider my views to be both moderate and mainstream. And I am frustrated that there is no viable political party representing me and my views at this time.

As those visionary Republicans of 1994 left Congress to go on to other things, they were replaced with the old guard who, by the time we were into the Bush 43 administration, are not true conservatives but are more Democrat light. Many of us are sick of and resentful of the push for bigger, more expensive, more intrusive government and the idea that government is the solution for all of humankind's problems. Many like me want a party that represents the universal truths that we know preserve hope, prosperity, life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

I hope so, if they want me to continue on supporting them they fucking better get rid of the garbage!

As the republican tent gets Smaller.....and smaller
Ever given a moment's thought to the notion that the GOP may be shrinking because the people with principle have left, rather than the "conventional wisdom" (which is neither) that republicans need to become even more like the democratics they claim to oppose?

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dude again.

Seriously if you're trying to argue that the last two Democratic Governors have done a fantastic job in New Jersey,you really do need some help. New Jersey is a real mess and another Democratic Governor is exactly what they don't need at this point. It should be "Anyone but another inept & corrupt Democrat" for them up there. I seriously doubt Christie can do any worse then those previous two Democrat dunces. Hey just my opinion anyway.

While I don't support many of Hoffman's positions, especially regarding foreign policy which I find nothing "conservative" about at all, I think a third party getting into the House is a good thing.

What we are seeing is the OLD SCHOOL Republican's they are still stuck on proving they are fair minded and can work with democrats. The problem is they are ancient, behind the times because there are no more Democrats. That party is Democrat in name only.

The true Democratic Party ceased after JFK in my opinion.

Really? I'd say the truly liberal Democratic Party ceased after Grover Cleveland.

There may be some truth to this...but I was thinking more to the 20th Century to which I didn't go back far enough...and that would have been Woodrow Wilson.

Grover Cleveland | The White House

Woodrow Wilson | The White House

NY23 is proving very significant folks.

This is a HUGE message to the Party elite on both sides of our two-party system.

And as more and more of Pelosi/Obama's health care scam gets disseminated, the outrage is going to increase even more.

Hang on - this is going to be a transformative year coming up in American politics the likes we have not seen for some time...

Except it's not significant at all.

New York's 23rd congressional district - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A Republican District with 93% of people that is white. The Republican won with 65% in 2008. So if Hoffman wins, it won't be a huge surprise.

I hope it precedes driving anti-American, anti-free market, anti-traditional values liberals out of the Republican Party. I am probably about as conservative as anybody in this forum, but I consider my views to be both moderate and mainstream. And I am frustrated that there is no viable political party representing me and my views at this time.

As those visionary Republicans of 1994 left Congress to go on to other things, they were replaced with the old guard who, by the time we were into the Bush 43 administration, are not true conservatives but are more Democrat light. Many of us are sick of and resentful of the push for bigger, more expensive, more intrusive government and the idea that government is the solution for all of humankind's problems. Many like me want a party that represents the universal truths that we know preserve hope, prosperity, life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
Run for some elected office! I wish I could be I'm too old.:lol:

While I don't support many of Hoffman's positions, especially regarding foreign policy which I find nothing "conservative" about at all, I think a third party getting into the House is a good thing.

So because a 3rd party gets into the House and gets one vote, you're happy for it despite the fact it goes against your values? :cuckoo:

Just because it's a third party, doesn't automatically make it a better solution.

Seriously kicking all the politician's out of Washington and replacing them high school kids would be better than what we have now.

I WAS one of those party ignorant people to a certain extent, but never again. I belong to no PARTY. I don't think I ever will again either.

T, I never liked the spending either but I didn't really be outspoken about it in the past. I however did give Bush high marks for at least standing up for our Military even though he made some mistakes along the way. I was a little naive then. Color me bad, but I grew up fast. :lol:

That is the ONLY way he got my support.

Very true - the 1994 Republicans, which had been a youngish group highly influenced by Reagan a decade earlier, either moved on to other things and left DC after 4 - 8 years, or themselves became corrupted by the special interest party system. When Bush came to the White House, the old guard party system was back in power, and Bush was either too weak, too trusting, or eventually too overcome by the post 9-11 challenges to bother with trying to alter that. The Congressional Republicans of the Bush era did great harm to America - the Pelosi era Democrats then simply doubled down on that destructive big spending habit, and since Obama, have taken even that legacy to all new levels of national economic suicide.

NY23 is perhaps, the much-needed symbolic resetting of the clock - a revitalization of conservatism in America.

I am hopeful for 2010...

The true Democratic Party ceased after JFK in my opinion.

Really? I'd say the truly liberal Democratic Party ceased after Grover Cleveland.

There may be some truth to this...but I was thinking more to the 20th Century to which I didn't go back far enough...and that would have been Woodrow Wilson.

Grover Cleveland | The White House

Woodrow Wilson | The White House

Woodrow Wilson was a progressive, not a liberal. The Democratic Party rejected liberalism for progressivism and Wilson followed the party line rather than sticking to any principles.

Yeah me too but I never did be outspoken about the other crap he did. You know me, I'm 100% behind our Military. I have tunnel vision when it comes to our Military.

It doesn't matter because many of you took Bush to task, and helped me in the process to open my eyes further.

I hope so, if they want me to continue on supporting them they fucking better get rid of the garbage!

As the republican tent gets Smaller.....and smaller

Did it ever occur to you that the "tent Poles" were that of the Conservative base?

The poles have been pulled. That happened a long time ago.

So because a 3rd party gets into the House and gets one vote, you're happy for it despite the fact it goes against your values? :cuckoo:

Just because it's a third party, doesn't automatically make it a better solution.

Well what I meant was that it's good for third parties because it will hopefully open up some more doors for them in general. That's the only thing I'm happy about.

Yeah me too but I never did be outspoken about the other crap he did. You know me, I'm 100% behind our Military. I have tunnel vision when it comes to our Military.

It doesn't matter because many of you took Bush to task, and helped me in the process to open my eyes further.

And that's a good thing. Glad to help. But then there IS some validity to the claim of 'Bushs' Mess"...but that too evaporated when the Deficit, and spending expanded after January 2009.

Well what I meant was that it's good for third parties because it will hopefully open up some more doors for them in general. That's the only thing I'm happy about.

Except it won't. Now that the Republican is out, it's essentially a Democrat vs a Republican. The only reason that Doug Hoffman is running with this party is because he lost the Republican nomination. This is just politics.

All this does is encourage those who are supposedly further to the right and believe they are true "Conservatives" to run any Republican moderates out of the party. Which, of course, will result in the GOP shrinking further while any sort of Conservative movement is plagued with infighting.

Very true - the 1994 Republicans, which had been a youngish group highly influenced by Reagan a decade earlier, either moved on to other things and left DC after 4 - 8 years, or themselves became corrupted by the special interest party system. When Bush came to the White House, the old guard party system was back in power, and Bush was either too weak, too trusting, or eventually too overcome by the post 9-11 challenges to bother with trying to alter that. The Congressional Republicans of the Bush era did great harm to America - the Pelosi era Democrats then simply doubled down on that destructive big spending habit, and since Obama, have taken even that legacy to all new levels of national economic suicide.

NY23 is perhaps, the much-needed symbolic resetting of the clock - a revitalization of conservatism in America.

I am hopeful for 2010...

It should be interesting in 2010 as the republicans attempt to regain seats based on strictly Conservative candidates.

Quite frankly we're told that expanding the "Two Party System would be BAD...and give it to ONE or the other 'Major' Parties...

I'd frankly like to see the hold relinquished, for as I see it? THEY are responsible for the MESS we are in now, and no new blood is allowed in with fresh ideas due to this fact.

And precisely WHY this NY23 Election is being watched so closely.

Forum List

Back