This Judge can be an ass, but I like him.

Mr. P

VIP Member
Aug 5, 2004
South of the Mason Dixon
Driving without license penalty becomes more severe
Individuals who find themselves in Rockdale County Superior Court on the misdemeanor charge of driving without a license will now likely face spending 12 months in the county jail.
Chief Superior Court Judge Sidney Nation said the court is seeing an increase in cases in which the defendant has been caught driving without a license and previous sentences involving probation or fines don’t seem to be serving as a deterrent.
“The court sees this charge almost every day, and nothing seems to be happening to these people,” Nation said. “Every case will be examined on its own merit, but I’m giving fair warning to everyone that if you come to this court charged with driving without a license, there is the serious possibility you will go to jail for 12 months.”
While misdemeanors are not normally addressed in Superior Court, the driving without a license charge is often one that is included with felony violations such as those involving drug arrests that start as traffic stops.
Nation also said in cases involving illegal residents charged with driving without a license, probation was not appropriate because it calls for individuals to adhere to the requirements of the justice system when they should not be in the country.
“I think this could be considered an aggravating circumstance with regards to sentencing,” Nation said. “Probation is not justified because that’s like the court instructing them to remain in the country illegally.”
A misdemeanor can call for up to 12 months incarceration and a $1,000 fine, which the court can order served consecutive to any jail time.

This should only be the beginning. But sooner or later, Jorge Bush will demand the judge be removed for being a meanie to the brownies.

Forum List

Back