"This isn't a gun problem, this is a mental problem,"

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Amen! Trump tells it like it is while Hilly and Obama go on their typical anti-gun rants.

Calling the gunman a "very sick man," Trump said mental illness is "a massive problem" in the U.S. He suggested more resources should be devoted to addressing mental health -- hoping to prevent shootings like the one in Virginia, which he called "really, very sad."

My own question is: if this guy guy had to go through a background check to buy the Glock, why didn't it show he had serious mental problems?

The answer is simple – PC! We've become so afraid of telling it like it is that this guy – and many others – are able to arm themselves to go out and do things like this. And, if they can, what about those “mental cases” who openly state their desire is to destroy America?

Read more @ Trump: Mental health, not gun problem - CNNPolitics.com

It's both. Stop panicking about your deadly toys, they aren't going anywhere, for now.

They're not two different things.
It's a gun problem;
it's a mental problem;
it's a masculinity problem;
it's a cultural problem;
it's a violence problem.

We have a gun culture. That can't be more obvious. That means a cultural value of worshiping the idea of a technology that sends high speed projectiles to kill and injure other people. We celebrate and relentlessly promote it every day, in our media, entertainment, language, children's toys, message board posts and foreign policy. Clearly that's a mental issue, just as the fetishism of an object invested with more value than human life is a mental problem.

Mental
doesn't have to mean individually.

It's a gun problem;
it's a mental problem;
it's a cultural problem;
it's a violence problem.

We have a gun culture. That can't be more obvious. That means a cultural value of worshiping the idea of a technology that sends high speed projectiles to kill and injure other people. We celebrate and relentlessly promote it every day, in our media, entertainment, language, children's toys, message board posts and foreign policy. Clearly that's a mental issue, just as the fetishism of an object invested with more value than human life is a mental problem.

Mental

Here is a classic case of hoplophobia.

Bryce is yet another example of an outlier mental case who should not be exploited to keep sane, law-abiding people from having access to guns and ammo....not that his mental illness will deter the moonbat gun grabbers.

A better focus for their energy would be to dismantle the racial & gender confusion grievance industry which is eating their agenda.

It's a gun problem;
it's a mental problem;
it's a cultural problem;
it's a violence problem.

Mental

No actually it's a case of spiritualism. It's about cultural values, not "phobia" of anything. My spiritual values simply don't happen to include wanton destruction. I admit, I've never gotten into fetishism of any kind.

But I'm not hoplophobic. I had a beer just this week. :eusa_shifty:

It's both. Stop panicking about your deadly toys, they aren't going anywhere, for now.
I can tell you that mental health funding has been cut severely, insurance companies dictate treatment plans not the doctors and doctors are afraid of labeling people probably because of lawsuits.

When I was a kid the doctor said what the proper treatment was and the insurance co. paid. Now the insurance company tells the doctor what they will pay for and the doctor works around that because most people can't afford to pay out of pocket expenses. I have had a $5000.00 deductible on mental health care alone with my last insurance. That's insane. The sliding scale providers have a line out the door because of such high costs and their funding keeps getting cut. As much as I disagreed with Obamacare I'd hoped once it was implemented mental healthcare would improve. It hasn't. If there is one thing we need to pour funding and legislation into it's Mental health facilities and treatment. Until we do these shootings will continue. Obviously yesterdays shooter could have benefited from anger management and a clear assessment of what was causing problems in his life. Instead he was allowed to stew for two years and coupled with the victim mentality that is prevalent in black society, he was a recipe for disaster or as he put it, a powder keg ready to go boom.

Amen! Trump tells it like it is while Hilly and Obama go on their typical anti-gun rants.

Calling the gunman a "very sick man," Trump said mental illness is "a massive problem" in the U.S. He suggested more resources should be devoted to addressing mental health -- hoping to prevent shootings like the one in Virginia, which he called "really, very sad."

My own question is: if this guy guy had to go through a background check to buy the Glock, why didn't it show he had serious mental problems?

The answer is simple – PC! We've become so afraid of telling it like it is that this guy – and many others – are able to arm themselves to go out and do things like this. And, if they can, what about those “mental cases” who openly state their desire is to destroy America?

Read more @ Trump: Mental health, not gun problem - CNNPolitics.com
I agree - mental illness is a problem, and has been ever since many of the long-term care facilities were closed. Because of the closings, many less-serious or borderline cases have been turned out to be dealt with by the public at large. Many end up as homeless or in jail because they just can't function in society as they should.
I feel that there is a (justified) fear of classifying a person or being classified as mentally ill, and not necessarily because of PC. The expanded definitions of what a "mental illness" is have been expanded so much that nearly anyone could be labeled as "mentally ill" for something as insignificant as needing to take the occasional Valium or going through a period of grief. Once such labeling occurs, it can easily be misused by anyone looking to further their agenda. Unfortunately, this fear of labeling allows some of those that are genuinely in need of treatment to "fall through the cracks", mostly due to an unwillingness to be responsible for "ruining" someone's life or a hesitation by an individual to seek care.

It's also both a black and a homosexual problem.
We all know blacks have much higher crime rates than everyone else, but also homos are much more prone to violent outbursts than others. Ask any bouncer that has had to work gay bars. Queers are bigger emotional train wrecks than most women on their worst day, and only know how to act out their frustrations through violence like emotionally stumped males.

We have less than 3% of the world's population......yet have more than 1/3 of the murders by guns and other lethal weapons....we even "beat" Yemen for deaths by guns.

We do NOT have a "monopoly" on mental health problems....but, the combination of such mental disorders AND the ready availability of guns makes us...as a nation....who we are.

It's a gun problem;
it's a mental problem;
it's a cultural problem;
it's a violence problem.

Mental

No actually it's a case of spiritualism. It's about cultural values, not "phobia" of anything. My spiritual values simply don't happen to include wanton destruction. I admit, I've never gotten into fetishism of any kind.

I agree our values have eroded. It used to be that religion implemented our moral values. We have become a more atheistic society and part of that was rebellion against the 10 commandments. Now say what you will but most of the top 10 are basic and universal rules for society that are no longer being taught in school. Don't steal, don't kill, don't commit adultery,honor you parents,take that day of rest, don't be Idolators. All of those are basic life lessons that fit all of man kind. They were taken out and replaced with nothing. With less kids going to religious instruction, where do they get their values? TV,Music,video games and Hollywood. And we wonder why we are do fucked up as a society.

We have less than 3% of the world's population......yet have more than 1/3 of the murders by guns and other lethal weapons....we even "beat" Yemen for deaths by guns.

We do NOT have a "monopoly" on mental health problems....but, the combination of such mental disorders AND the ready availability of guns makes us...as a nation....who we are.

I love these quotes about American having more gun deaths than anywhere else.

At least 93,000 have been killed in Syria alone! Surely not because of guns.

How many in Asia? And Africa?

But, don't ask the Libtards that because they'll ignore the facts and claim it's a "gun mania" here. :ahole-1:

It's also both a black and a homosexual problem.
We all know blacks have much higher crime rates than everyone else, but also homos are much more prone to violent outbursts than others. Ask any bouncer that has had to work gay bars. Queers are bigger emotional train wrecks than most women on their worst day, and only know how to act out their frustrations through violence like emotionally stumped males.

Wow.

I love these quotes about American having more gun deaths than anywhere else.

At least 93,000 have been killed in Syria alone! Surely not because of guns.

How many in Asia? And Africa?

But, don't ask the Libtards that because they'll ignore the facts and claim it's a "gun mania" here. :ahole-1:

Moron...are you then stating that we are at a civil WAR within the U.S.???

You must be a US Army RETARTED.

It's a gun problem;
it's a mental problem;
it's a cultural problem;
it's a violence problem.

Mental

I agree our values have eroded. It used to be that religion implemented our moral values. We have become a more atheistic society and part of that was rebellion against the 10 commandments. Now say what you will but most of the top 10 are basic and universal rules for society that are no longer being taught in school. Don't steal, don't kill, don't commit adultery,honor you parents,take that day of rest, don't be Idolators. All of those are basic life lessons that fit all of man kind. They were taken out and replaced with nothing. With less kids going to religious instruction, where do they get their values? TV,Music,video games and Hollywood. And we wonder why we are do fucked up as a society.

The truism is in the bold at the end. But it's not limited to kids, and it's got nothing to do with schools or churches. In the TV/internet/Nosebook age, mass media dictates culture. And we all get bombarded with it, everywhere we look, certainly including in this forum. Kids, adults, teens, old farts, everybody. You can't turn on a TV of an evening without watching a (several) dozen people getting shot. That's an obsession.

Religion and/or morality doesn't stand a chance against Nosebook and the internet and the movie house. Remember, even the Beatles were more popular than Jesus.

It's a gun problem;
it's a mental problem;
it's a cultural problem;
it's a violence problem.

Mental

No...it is the truth and reality that guns save the lives of good people, allowing them to defend themselves against physically stronger, or numerically superior criminals.....guns are the only thing that makes that really possible.

we all get bombarded with it, everywhere we look, certainly including in this forum.

QED:

No...it is the truth and reality that guns save the lives of good people, allowing them to defend themselves against physically stronger, or numerically superior criminals.....guns are the only thing that makes that really possible.

As I said, that's an obsession. And a cultural disease.
"world full of scary monsters. Must get big boom-stick. Grunt"

The media downplayed the worst school shooting in American history that happened barely fifty miles from the murder of the reporter just a few years ago and as a matter of fact the shooter referred to it in his insane manifest rant. Thanks to the caring liberals who never met a schizophrenic they didn't want to take home and introduce to their daughters, the maniac responsible for 30 deaths at Va. Tech Blacksburg slipped through the cracks. The professors were so afraid of the hulking Korean (legal) immigrant that they wouldn't be in the same room alone with him. The local police were so afraid of the college administration that they didn't arrest the maniac even with credible evidence that he was stalking coeds so he ended up with court ordered psychiatric counseling and no arrest record.. In it's wisdom (thanks to liberal pressure) the state of Virginia decided that the privacy of insane people was more important than the safety of the public so the court ordered psychiatric counseling didn't show up in the instant name check and he was able to "legally" purchase firearms.

The media downplayed the worst school shooting in American history that happened barely fifty miles from the murder of the reporter just a few years ago and as a matter of fact the shooter referred to it in his insane manifest rant. Thanks to the caring liberals who never met a schizophrenic they didn't want to take home and introduce to their daughters, the maniac responsible for 30 deaths at Va. Tech Blacksburg slipped through the cracks. The professors were so afraid of the hulking Korean (legal) immigrant that they wouldn't be in the same room alone with him. The local police were so afraid of the college administration that they didn't arrest the maniac even with credible evidence that he was stalking coeds so he ended up with court ordered psychiatric counseling and no arrest record.. In it's wisdom (thanks to liberal pressure) the state of Virginia decided that the privacy of insane people was more important than the safety of the public so the court ordered psychiatric counseling didn't show up in the instant name check and he was able to "legally" purchase firearms.

But...if they had actually concentrated on mental illness and not guns, then this guy would not have been able to kill all those people and what would the anti gun extremists have to work with...they need dead bodies on the ground, the younger the better.......

Forum List

Back