This is why it is tough to vote Democrat in 2020.

Still better than a nuclear armed Iran.
Of course but there is little proof out there that Iran had that capability.

I didn’t say they did. But Obama made a decision between curtailing their nuclear program or their terrorism network. He chose to go after the bigger threat. I think it’s a defensible choice.

I disagree. Here is why. They have been a thorn in terms of their terror tactic and the monies just exacerbated that. They showed little to no acumen of developing a nuclear weapon. They used that threat to bribe the Western World in giving them monies to fund terrorism. It would be like my kids bribing me to get them stuff or else they would emancipate themselves. They have zero income and are too young so it would be a worthless threat.
That’s not what the Israelis were telling us about their nuclear capacity.

SHAPIRO: Trump's Iran Policy Isn't the Problem. Barack Obama's Was.

Iran has been a terror regime since forever ago and the prior administration helped fund it by giving them $150Bn. They used the monies to fund Hamas, Hezbollah, help Syria and spread terror in Iraq. Actions have consequences. Thankfully we called them out and killed one of their top generals. The fact that Democrats (not all) vilify the President for this how can any rational Independent vote for them in 2020?

I welcome your thoughts.

In March 2016, then-U.S. Central Command nominee Army Gen. Joseph Votel said that Iran had become “more aggressive” since the advent of the nuclear deal. Indeed, Iran has built up Hezbollah in Lebanon, propped up Bashar Assad in Syria, increased its presence in Iraq and bolstered its war in Yemen. In the past few months, Iran and its proxies have attacked shipping in the Strait of Hormuz, Saudi oil facilities, an American drone and an American embassy, among other targets.
Iran is a beast... Obama’s deal put the beast in the zoo where we and our allies could watch over their actions. The beast still caused trouble in the zoo, it bit patrons and attacked staff and other animals however we were able to limit the damage by not allowing the beast to grow too strong.

trump kicked the beast out of the zoo in hopes that it will starve on its own and come back with its tail tucked. Problem is, the beast has support from russia and Syria and Iraq and other sources outside the zoo so there is also a risk that the beast will grow stronger.

I personally feel more nervous with the beast outside the zoo... what happens in the future?? We shall see

He let the beast outside the zoo and when the beast misbehaved he shot one of its paws off. He is also starving it so it cannot hunt as well and of course the beast is worried about having other body parts shot off.

I didn’t say they did. But Obama made a decision between curtailing their nuclear program or their terrorism network. He chose to go after the bigger threat. I think it’s a defensible choice.

I disagree. Here is why. They have been a thorn in terms of their terror tactic and the monies just exacerbated that. They showed little to no acumen of developing a nuclear weapon. They used that threat to bribe the Western World in giving them monies to fund terrorism. It would be like my kids bribing me to get them stuff or else they would emancipate themselves. They have zero income and are too young so it would be a worthless threat.

Link please. Do not bring Israel into this. If they were still a nuclear threat then Israel would not support the current actions of Trump in terms of pulling out of the agreement and killing a top tier general.

Only he didn't curtail it. Read the agreement.
It granted them centrifuges. GRANTED. That is not curtailing anything

It is if you don’t use them to make highly enriched uranium.
Iran rejects reports of IAEA finding traces of uranium at unnamed site
Iran goes further in breaching nuclear deal, IAEA report shows

May we please stay in this century. Thank you. Also the OP is how the Democrats ignore Iran’s actions and why it is hard to vote for them but about 1953.

I still can't trust the Republicans on middle east policy in general. They got us into Iraq, where that asshole Saddam was keeping Iran at bay out of good old mutual historic hate. It was all simpler to ignore the region and Saddam, than to try to remake it for our ultimate benefit, whatever the heck that is. Give Israel air refuel capability. Let them deal with the threat from Iran as they see fit. How is Syria's nuclear program doing? They live there. We don't. We have not shown talent at nation building, and probably will not.

Iran has been a terror regime since forever ago and the prior administration helped fund it by giving them $150Bn. They used the monies to fund Hamas, Hezbollah, help Syria and spread terror in Iraq. Actions have consequences. Thankfully we called them out and killed one of their top generals. The fact that Democrats (not all) vilify the President for this how can any rational Independent vote for them in 2020?

I welcome your thoughts.

In March 2016, then-U.S. Central Command nominee Army Gen. Joseph Votel said that Iran had become “more aggressive” since the advent of the nuclear deal. Indeed, Iran has built up Hezbollah in Lebanon, propped up Bashar Assad in Syria, increased its presence in Iraq and bolstered its war in Yemen. In the past few months, Iran and its proxies have attacked shipping in the Strait of Hormuz, Saudi oil facilities, an American drone and an American embassy, among other targets.
Iran is a beast... Obama’s deal put the beast in the zoo where we and our allies could watch over their actions. The beast still caused trouble in the zoo, it bit patrons and attacked staff and other animals however we were able to limit the damage by not allowing the beast to grow too strong.

trump kicked the beast out of the zoo in hopes that it will starve on its own and come back with its tail tucked. Problem is, the beast has support from russia and Syria and Iraq and other sources outside the zoo so there is also a risk that the beast will grow stronger.

I personally feel more nervous with the beast outside the zoo... what happens in the future?? We shall see

He let the beast outside the zoo and when the beast misbehaved he shot one of its paws off. He is also starving it so it cannot hunt as well and of course the beast is worried about having other body parts shot off.
True. So odds of the beast coming back with a tucked tail is now not very likely. The odds of it seeking revenge and strength to defend itself against the USA are amplified.

May we please stay in this century. Thank you. Also the OP is how the Democrats ignore Iran’s actions and why it is hard to vote for them but about 1953.

I still can't trust the Republicans on middle east policy in general. They got us into Iraq, where that asshole Saddam was keeping Iran at bay out of good old mutual historic hate. It was all simpler to ignore the region and Saddam, than to try to remake it for our ultimate benefit, whatever the heck that is. Give Israel air refuel capability. Let them deal with the threat from Iran as they see fit. How is Syria's nuclear program doing? They live there. We don't. We have not shown talent at nation building, and probably will not.

Oh I agree this is on Bush. But Trump has taken a different approach and is being vilified for it and that is the part I do not understand.

I welcome your thoughts.

True. So odds of the beast coming back with a tucked tail is now not very likely. The odds of it seeking revenge and strength to defend itself against the USA are amplified.

That beast is on its last legs as I see it as it is eating its own young and other pups seem to want to rebel against it.

Iranians refuse to trample on U.S. and Israeli flags as protests flare
U.S. Sees Iran Protests as a Chance to Appeal to Moderates

Link please. Do not bring Israel into this. If they were still a nuclear threat then Israel would not support the current actions of Trump in terms of pulling out of the agreement and killing a top tier general.

Don’t tell me you forgot this day in 2012:
upload_2020-1-15_12-39-3.jpeg

Full text of Benjamin Netanyahu’s speech to the UN General Assembly

Netanyahu has never been a fan of the JCPOA. Their prior intention had been to bomb Iranian facilities but lacked the hardware which our government has refused to cooperate with. Netanyahu has been pushing Trump to back out of JCPOA for years.

Oh I agree this is on Bush. But Trump has taken a different approach and is being vilified for it and that is the part I do not understand.
Big Don made an error not jumping at the chance to be invited to leave Iraq. There are too many moving parts to the problem and we are not the linchpin, as we do not live there. We are outsider to everyone in the region, as their involvement would be if it were Mexico or Canada.

View attachment 300489

Netanyahu has never been a fan of the JCPOA. Their prior intention had been to bomb Iranian facilities but lacked the hardware which our government has refused to cooperate with. Netanyahu has been pushing Trump to back out of JCPOA for years.

Then why is Israel supporting our actions now? Was their conjecture incorrect in 2012? Did they support the Iran deal? Please post that link. Thanks.

Big Don made an error not jumping at the chance to be invited to leave Iraq. There are too many moving parts to the problem and we are not the linchpin, as we do not live there. We are outsider to everyone in the region, as their involvement would be if it were Mexico or Canada.

That is neither here nor there. How can I vote for one of the Democrat candidates when they don't support the killing of a terrorist?

Hey if you want to pin it on the Dulleses I won't argue. But Ike signed off on it, didn't he.

Admit it, you have no clue what I'm even talking about. Because posting "wrong again" is way less work than actually looking it up. And on we go.

History? Who needs history! The party will tell them what history is relevant and what it now means.

Which obummer was giving them. Clearly you never read the agreement.

That’s dumb.

I’m reminded of when Trump claimed before AIPAC that he was an expert on the agreement and they laughed at him.

It's factual. Read the agreement. Centrifuges are only needed to make bombs.

Period.
That’s not true. Nuclear reactor fuel is low enriched uranium.

Only he didn't curtail it. Read the agreement.
It granted them centrifuges. GRANTED. That is not curtailing anything

It is if you don’t use them to make highly enriched uranium.
Iran rejects reports of IAEA finding traces of uranium at unnamed site
Iran goes further in breaching nuclear deal, IAEA report shows

Your second article is from 2019 after Trump breaches the agreement. No surprise.

View attachment 300489

Then why is Israel supporting our actions now? Was their conjecture incorrect in 2012? Did they support the Iran deal? Please post that link. Thanks.

Did you actually read what I wrote? It doesn’t seem like you did.

View attachment 300489

Did you?

What I told you now is not based on secret information. It’s not based on military intelligence. It’s based on public reports by the International Atomic Energy Agency. Anybody can read them. They’re online.

Why do you blame Israel when it was public information? This is from your link btw.

View attachment 300489

Did you?

What I told you now is not based on secret information. It’s not based on military intelligence. It’s based on public reports by the International Atomic Energy Agency. Anybody can read them. They’re online.

Why do you blame Israel when it was public information? This is from your link btw.

What are you talking about? I’m not blaming Israel for anything. All I said was that Netanyahu was no fan of the JCPOA, he pushed Trump to drop out of the deal and has publicly stated that Iran was very near to having nuclear weapons.

All of that is true. You’re oddly trying to downplay the Iranian nuclear program as not being a threat which runs counter to both US and Israeli intelligence assessments.

I welcome your thoughts.

Someone has given you bad information. Iran had $150 billion invested in America in 2001 and Bush seized those assets. All Barack did was to return the illegally seized assets to Iran. Following that you entire post is waffle.

View attachment 300489

Did you?

What are you talking about? I’m not blaming Israel for anything. All I said was that Netanyahu was no fan of the JCPOA, he pushed Trump to drop out of the deal and has publicly stated that Iran was very near to having nuclear weapons.

All of that is true. You’re oddly trying to downplay the Iranian nuclear program as not being a threat which runs counter to both US and Israeli intelligence assessments.

Your quote: That’s not what the Israelis were telling us about their nuclear capacity.

Your links states otherwise.

Forum List

Back