This is why it is tough to vote Democrat in 2020.

AzogtheDefiler

The Pale Orc
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 4, 2018
Boston, MA
SHAPIRO: Trump's Iran Policy Isn't the Problem. Barack Obama's Was.

Iran has been a terror regime since forever ago and the prior administration helped fund it by giving them $150Bn. They used the monies to fund Hamas, Hezbollah, help Syria and spread terror in Iraq. Actions have consequences. Thankfully we called them out and killed one of their top generals. The fact that Democrats (not all) vilify the President for this how can any rational Independent vote for them in 2020?

I welcome your thoughts.

In March 2016, then-U.S. Central Command nominee Army Gen. Joseph Votel said that Iran had become “more aggressive” since the advent of the nuclear deal. Indeed, Iran has built up Hezbollah in Lebanon, propped up Bashar Assad in Syria, increased its presence in Iraq and bolstered its war in Yemen. In the past few months, Iran and its proxies have attacked shipping in the Strait of Hormuz, Saudi oil facilities, an American drone and an American embassy, among other targets.

Still better than a nuclear armed Iran.
Of course but there is little proof out there that Iran had that capability.

I didn’t say they did. But Obama made a decision between curtailing their nuclear program or their terrorism network. He chose to go after the bigger threat. I think it’s a defensible choice.

Only he didn't curtail it. Read the agreement.
It granted them centrifuges. GRANTED. That is not curtailing anything

I didn’t say they did. But Obama made a decision between curtailing their nuclear program or their terrorism network. He chose to go after the bigger threat. I think it’s a defensible choice.
Curtailed their terrorist network? With what, the 150 billion Obama gave back to them?

I disagree. Here is why. They have been a thorn in terms of their terror tactic and the monies just exacerbated that. They showed little to no acumen of developing a nuclear weapon. They used that threat to bribe the Western World in giving them monies to fund terrorism. It would be like my kids bribing me to get them stuff or else they would emancipate themselves. They have zero income and are too young so it would be a worthless threat.

Hey if you want to pin it on the Dulleses I won't argue. But Ike signed off on it, didn't he.

Admit it, you have no clue what I'm even talking about. Because posting "wrong again" is way less work than actually looking it up. And on we go.
Please do not derail the thread. Thank you.

Only he didn't curtail it. Read the agreement.
It granted them centrifuges. GRANTED. That is not curtailing anything

It is if you don’t use them to make highly enriched uranium.

SHAPIRO: Trump's Iran Policy Isn't the Problem. Barack Obama's Was.

Iran has been a terror regime since forever ago and the prior administration helped fund it by giving them $150Bn. They used the monies to fund Hamas, Hezbollah, help Syria and spread terror in Iraq. Actions have consequences. Thankfully we called them out and killed one of their top generals. The fact that Democrats (not all) vilify the President for this how can any rational Independent vote for them in 2020?

I welcome your thoughts.

In March 2016, then-U.S. Central Command nominee Army Gen. Joseph Votel said that Iran had become “more aggressive” since the advent of the nuclear deal. Indeed, Iran has built up Hezbollah in Lebanon, propped up Bashar Assad in Syria, increased its presence in Iraq and bolstered its war in Yemen. In the past few months, Iran and its proxies have attacked shipping in the Strait of Hormuz, Saudi oil facilities, an American drone and an American embassy, among other targets.
Iran is a beast... Obama’s deal put the beast in the zoo where we and our allies could watch over their actions. The beast still caused trouble in the zoo, it bit patrons and attacked staff and other animals however we were able to limit the damage by not allowing the beast to grow too strong.

trump kicked the beast out of the zoo in hopes that it will starve on its own and come back with its tail tucked. Problem is, the beast has support from russia and Syria and Iraq and other sources outside the zoo so there is also a risk that the beast will grow stronger.

I personally feel more nervous with the beast outside the zoo... what happens in the future?? We shall see

Forum List

Back