Zone1 This is why I think we need a three strikes and you'r out law.

Hector12

Platinum Member
Feb 28, 2023

January 10, 2024 9:56 AM CWBChicago

61-year-old woman ā€˜not expected to surviveā€™ after being savagely beaten on a CTA train in the Loop: prosecutors​

CHICAGO ā€” Prosecutors say a 61-year-old woman is brain dead and will likely die after an eight-time felon, on parole for robbing an undercover CPD narcotics officer, savagely beat her during a robbery aboard a Red Line train in downtown Chicago.

Judge William Fahy granted the stateā€™s petition to detain Mijawon Johnson, 36, as a public safety threat during a hearing at the Leighton Criminal Courthouse. State officials have also moved to revoke his parole.

Surveillance video showed Johnson trying to steal the Uptown womanā€™s bag on a train car near State-Lake around 1:33 a.m. on January 4, officials said. He soon launched a violent attack, pinning her head on a seat and repeatedly punching her in the head and stomach, the detention petition said. Officials said he ā€œstompedā€ on her body and left her on the train.

Some people are down right evil. This one had been around long enought they had that figured out already so the ones who let him go should be held accountable.

If you comitt a felony you should be jailed.

Comitt a second felony you should be surgically sterilized and serve time.

Comitt a third felony you should be given the options of, have your citizenship revoked and be banished from america, or be executed.

There should never be a fourth felony. Ever. It's time America starts treating criminals like criminals.

This is by design via George Soros.

He wants his prosecutors to go easy on repeat felons that happen to only be black because of BLM/CRT principlesā€¦ and the rest of us who are under increased risk just have to suck it up.

White felons donā€™t qualify, they get the book. This is CRT.

(1) Of course, I join other members (and guests) in extending my deepest condolences to her family and friends. What a horrible way to die -- at the hands of such a worthless individual.

(2) Some very nice but naive Americans believe this nation should close down some prisons.

(3) In fact, there should be more prisons.

(4) This country has a lot of evil individuals.

(5) Before California went woke, it had the very reasonable three-strikes and you're out law. Our current woke district attorneys, however, refuse to invoke it now.

Last edited:
Some people are down right evil. This one had been around long enought they had that figured out already so the ones who let him go should be held accountable.

I have to agree with you. But I would stipulate the class of felony convictions be taken into account.

State Jail Felonies for example; that often involves having narcotics. I understand that you can get felony DWI convictions. Should someone go away for life if their third strike is a non-violent crime? I think any gun crime should be one and done if the gun is brandished during the crime (it doesnā€™t have to be fired).

I agree with the idea...3 strikes and youā€™re out. But Iā€™m not sure that life in prison is the right sentence in all crimes. Iā€™d say a minimum of 20 years/mandatory 15.

I have to agree with you. But I would stipulate the class of felony convictions be taken into account.

State Jail Felonies for example; that often involves having narcotics. I understand that you can get felony DWI convictions. Should someone go away for life if their third strike is a non-violent crime? I think any gun crime should be one and done if the gun is brandished during the crime (it doesnā€™t have to be fired).

I agree with the idea...3 strikes and youā€™re out. But Iā€™m not sure that life in prison is the right sentence in all crimes. Iā€™d say a minimum of 20 years/mandatory 15.
I am fairly tolerant of drug related crimes, especially possession for private consumption. I hate violent criminals, and I want the to suffer.

Drug related crimes, not involved in another crime are typically misdemeanors, hence not applicable. Nobody is being charged with a felony for smoking a joint.

Further, if you have two felonies, you should quit committing crimes, period.

The Three Strikes law in California was great. Criminals were honestly afraid.

If a criminal is not afraid of going to jail they are going to continue to commit crimes.

Crimes involving weapons, should all be facing the death penalty.

Drug related crimes, not involved in another crime are typically misdemeanors, hence not applicable. Nobody is being charged with a felony for smoking a joint.
Typically perhaps; not always.
Further, if you have two felonies, you should quit committing crimes, period.

The Three Strikes law in California was great. Criminals were honestly afraid.
Agreed...but sometimes you donā€™t have the intent that one usually associates with a felony...again; the DWI arrest. Its not always so cut and dried. Usually it is though.
If a criminal is not afraid of going to jail they are going to continue to commit crimes.

Crimes involving weapons, should all be facing the death penalty.
Nah...canā€™t go along with that. Not a fan of the death penalty for one thing; for another, if you used a 2 X 4 to hit someone during a fight.. the death penalty seems harsh.

Nah...canā€™t go along with that. Not a fan of the death penalty for one thing; for another, if you used a 2 X 4 to hit someone during a fight.. the death penalty seems harsh.
You are right, men that put a knife to a 12 year old girl's throat while violently raping her deserve many chances. At least three or four.

January 10, 2024 9:56 AM CWBChicago

61-year-old woman ā€˜not expected to surviveā€™ after being savagely beaten on a CTA train in the Loop: prosecutors​

CHICAGO ā€” Prosecutors say a 61-year-old woman is brain dead and will likely die after an eight-time felon, on parole for robbing an undercover CPD narcotics officer, savagely beat her during a robbery aboard a Red Line train in downtown Chicago.

Judge William Fahy granted the stateā€™s petition to detain Mijawon Johnson, 36, as a public safety threat during a hearing at the Leighton Criminal Courthouse. State officials have also moved to revoke his parole.

Surveillance video showed Johnson trying to steal the Uptown womanā€™s bag on a train car near State-Lake around 1:33 a.m. on January 4, officials said. He soon launched a violent attack, pinning her head on a seat and repeatedly punching her in the head and stomach, the detention petition said. Officials said he ā€œstompedā€ on her body and left her on the train.

I agree with some caveats. There was a time when one guy got mad and socked another guy, those around would intervene and require the aggressor to apologize and that was that. Now such is grounds for prosecution for assault and battery and million dollar civil lawsuits. In my opinion that is just wrong. There has to be some common sense in the process.

But those who do malicious violence and serious harm to people, especially repeat offenders, should definitely be permanently taken off the streets whether in prison or a mental institution. And those who are not mentally ill who are excessively cruel and inhumane to their victims should be subject to the death penalty.

Another right winger hung up on kids and sex.

Do you think he scenario I gave warrants a death penalty?
actually, I met a woman, bartender, cute young woman that was raped in alley by a man in the life. So it is a true story that you dismiss as if it does not happen.

you should suffer the fate you so callously dismiss

actually, I met a woman, bartender, cute young woman that was raped in alley by a man in the life. So it is a true story that you dismiss as if it does not happen.
But your story was about a 12 year old... you guys have a problem.

you should suffer the fate you so callously dismiss
I didnā€™t think youā€™d be man enough to answer the question... does a guy getting into a fight and using a 2X4 deserve the death penalty.

But but but his ancestors were slaves so he should get a pass on committing crimes. It is racial justice don't you know? Besides, his votes keeps the Democrats in power so why should they send him to jail?

Forum List

Back