This is what Obama and the Democrat Party thinks of women.

Everyone knows that abortion is here to stay. It didn't go away during 8 years of Reagan, or 4 years of Bush, or 8 years of his son.

Romney has pledged to appoint judges who will overturn Roe v. Wade and doubled down by adding half of the Akin-Ryan "personhood and 'forcible' rape" duo to the ticket.

Please. So did Reagan, Bush and Bush.

Romney is losing the women's vote by a wide margin. Women's intelligence is very astute in this matter. Romney is against a woman's right to reproductive choice, the Lilly Ledbetter act, and represents a party with a disgusting record on equal rights.

Which is why Obama is winning and will get his 2nd term.

I refuse to believe that women are that stupid.

Dumb would be voting for a man who wants to deprive them of their reproductive choice, feels that their work is not worth the same job being done by a male, and represents a party that has bizarre views on whether rape is "legitimate" or not then compounds such idiocy with a thought that rape can't lead to pregnancy. Not his fault...but it is his problem.

You guys are really trying to ride this Akin horse for way too long. Akin's views are not those of the GOP.

Everyone knows that abortion is here to stay. It didn't go away during 8 years of Reagan, or 4 years of Bush, or 8 years of his son.

Yes, I know quite a lot about what birth control pills do. Show me where in the GOP platform that they want to outlaw birth control? All they want to do is to allow religious organizations to not be forced to pay for it.

The left is counting on women not knowing this, or caring about jobs, or the economy, or our borders, or energy independence. They don't think women are smart enough.

Actually, a lot of the GOP state that a fertilized egg is a "person" (Ryan even believes this) and they consider that fertilized egg to have a right to life. A lot of birth control works because it doesn't allow the fertilized egg to attach to the wall of the uterus, resulting in the woman flushing the egg from her system on her next period.

If you support personhood and views like it, you are one of the people that wants to stop most forms of birth control and almost ALL forms of hormonal birth control.

Yeah, I forgot that the Governor has a VP candidate that shares a lot of Akin's views on legitimate v. forcible rape.

"Shares" a lot of Akins views? Fuck.................Ryan CO-SPONSORED A BILL WITH AKIN that used those terms in it.

This is something that is gonna hit Romney hard, because not only do they have the proof (Congressional Public Record) but they also have names that tie to each other (Akin and Ryan).

Maybe that explains why in interviews last week Ryan said that Akin and abortion were off limits questions to ask him, he doesn't want to talk about it because he'd rather dodge and tell you paragraphs of nothing.

Yes, I know quite a lot about what birth control pills do. Show me where in the GOP platform that they want to outlaw birth control? All they want to do is to allow religious organizations to not be forced to pay for it.

The left is counting on women not knowing this, or caring about jobs, or the economy, or our borders, or energy independence. They don't think women are smart enough.

Actually, a lot of the GOP state that a fertilized egg is a "person" (Ryan even believes this) and they consider that fertilized egg to have a right to life. A lot of birth control works because it doesn't allow the fertilized egg to attach to the wall of the uterus, resulting in the woman flushing the egg from her system on her next period.

If you support personhood and views like it, you are one of the people that wants to stop most forms of birth control and almost ALL forms of hormonal birth control.

Yeah, I forgot that the Governor has a VP candidate that shares a lot of Akin's views on legitimate v. forcible rape.

You didn't forget dickweed, you merely lied.

Republican vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan distanced himself from embattled Missouri Senate candidate Rep. Todd Akin, calling his remarks over the weekend about women who have been raped "outrageous."

"His statements were outrageous, over the pale," Ryan told CBS Pittsburgh's Jon Delano in an interview that aired Wednesday morning. "I don't know anybody who would agree with that. Rape is rape period, end of story."

Paul Ryan calls Todd Akin

Last edited:
I would like to see a link to Romney making that statement. How many Supreme Court Justices are presently on the Court that would vote to overturn Roe V Wade?

Romney Tries to Reassure Socially Conservative Audience - NYTimes.com

He promised to support the Defense of Marriage Act and to appoint Supreme Court justices who would help overturn Roe v. Wade.

“We know that marriage is more than a personally rewarding social custom — it’s also critical for the well-being of a civilization,” Mr. Romney said. “That’s why it’s so important to preserve traditional marriage, the joining together of one man and one woman.”

On abortion, he said, “Our values must encompass the life of an unborn child.”

“The law may call it a right, but no one ever called it a good, and in the quiet of conscience, people of both political parties know that more than a million abortions a year can’t be squared with the good heart of America,” he said. “And I will nominate judges who know the difference between personal opinion and law. It is long past time for the Supreme Court to return the issue of abortion back to the states by overturning Roe v. Wade.”

You guys are really trying to ride this Akin horse for way too long. Akin's views are not those of the GOP.

Of course they are. If they weren't, Ryan wouldn't be on the presidential ticket and the party platform (to be formally adopted on Monday) wouldn't echo Akin-Ryan's views.

Romney has pledged to appoint judges who will overturn Roe v. Wade and doubled down by adding half of the Akin-Ryan "personhood and 'forcible' rape" duo to the ticket.

I would like to see a link to Romney making that statement. How many Supreme Court Justices are presently on the Court that would vote to overturn Roe V Wade?

Abortion​

Mitt Romney is pro-life. He believes it speaks well of the country that almost all Americans recognize that abortion is a problem. And in the quiet of conscience, people of both political parties know that more than a million abortions a year cannot be squared with the good heart of America.

Mitt believes that life begins at conception and wishes that the laws of our nation reflected that view. But while the nation remains so divided, he believes that the right next step is for the Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade – a case of blatant judicial activism that took a decision that should be left to the people and placed it in the hands of unelected judges. With Roe overturned, states will be empowered through the democratic process to determine their own abortion laws and not have them dictated by judicial mandate.
Values

Three current supreme court justices will turn 80 in the next 4 years. Whoever is President will likely have a chance to appoint two or three replacements.

Its too big a risk to take with the Governor who, admittedly, has been all over the place on this topic--try to find a topic on which he hasn't wavered :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBr5zPW4o7s]The Real Mitt Romney - YouTube[/ame]

Still Voting For 'Mitt Romney'? - YouTube

Its too big a risk to take with the Governor who, admittedly, has been all over the place on this topic--try to find a topic on which he hasn't wavered :lol:

He's now owned by the Akin-Ryan wing of the party (which is apparently becoming the entirety of the party). A sustained assault on choice and "non-forcible" rape protections under a Romney presidency is a virtual certainty at this point.

They believe that women only care about being able to get an abortion and contraceptives.

They don't think women care about the economy, or jobs, or our borders, or the debt, or national security, or liberty, or anything other than having sex as often and as risk-free as possible.

They believe that all they have to do is offer free contraceptives and access to abortion, and women will flock to them. As a father of 5 girls, I know women are smarter than the DNC gives them credit for. It's time for the women of this country to show them how wrong they are.

They surely don't speak for me..

You didn't forget dickweed, you merely lied.

Republican vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan distanced himself from embattled Missouri Senate candidate Rep. Todd Akin, calling his remarks over the weekend about women who have been raped "outrageous."

"His statements were outrageous, over the pale," Ryan told CBS Pittsburgh's Jon Delano in an interview that aired Wednesday morning. "I don't know anybody who would agree with that. Rape is rape period, end of story."

Paul Ryan calls Todd Akin

Thats what he says now. Good for him and good for the governor by the way That wasn't always his stance:

How Todd Akin And Paul Ryan Partnered To Redefine Rape | ThinkProgress

The point is that Romney's getting his ass handed to him on the women's vote and for good reason. Ryan and his ties to Akin aren't helping him.

I'm unsure though...have the Ryan/Romney pair asked that he resign his house seat as well or just stop embarrassing them in the upcoming election? Do you know?

He's now owned by the Akin-Ryan wing of the party (which is apparently becoming the entirety of the party). A sustained assault on choice and "non-forcible" rape protections under a Romney presidency is a virtual certainty at this point.

The Ryan baggage is weighing down his campaign that was already taking on water as it circles the drain.

Romney Tries to Reassure Socially Conservative Audience - NYTimes.com

He promised to support the Defense of Marriage Act and to appoint Supreme Court justices who would help overturn Roe v. Wade.

“We know that marriage is more than a personally rewarding social custom — it’s also critical for the well-being of a civilization,” Mr. Romney said. “That’s why it’s so important to preserve traditional marriage, the joining together of one man and one woman.”

On abortion, he said, “Our values must encompass the life of an unborn child.”

“The law may call it a right, but no one ever called it a good, and in the quiet of conscience, people of both political parties know that more than a million abortions a year can’t be squared with the good heart of America,” he said. “And I will nominate judges who know the difference between personal opinion and law. It is long past time for the Supreme Court to return the issue of abortion back to the states by overturning Roe v. Wade.”

Of course they are. If they weren't, Ryan wouldn't be on the presidential ticket and the party platform (to be formally adopted on Monday) wouldn't echo Akin-Ryan's views.
And there it is. Abortion would not be made illegal across the US. It would be up to each state. Those who wanted to keep it, would.

So can we now stop pretending Romney wants to outlaw it?

Do you have a quote from Romney saying he would directly appoint judges that would overturn Roe v Wade?

The problem with Democratic women is they fail to realize that abortion is a a man-thing and the whole abortion thing should be decided by men, men who have lots of experience from their background in government and politics. In short, Republican men.

If Democrats couldn't play the Abortion card, the Racist card or the Social Security Scare card, I doubt they could win an election anywhere in the country.

In ordre to play a card...............ya have to have it in your hand. Get it? Democrats have the diversity, the respect for women and the desire to care for the elderly in their hand. Nutters don't.

All in bitches!

They believe that women only care about being able to get an abortion and contraceptives.

They don't think women care about the economy, or jobs, or our borders, or the debt, or national security, or liberty, or anything other than having sex as often and as risk-free as possible.

They believe that all they have to do is offer free contraceptives and access to abortion, and women will flock to them. As a father of 5 girls, I know women are smarter than the DNC gives them credit for. It's time for the women of this country to show them how wrong they are.

Actually, it's women having the right to choose what to do with their own bodies

I agree with that, however;

and be allowed to get the kind of health care they need.

I guess you didn't know that some forms of hormonal birth control (the pill) are used to help with some types of ovarian diseases.

hello , if a doctor thinks they are at risk for such they will prescribe it and feel free to back this up with numbers, as in; how many woman are at risk for such and do not have access to the necessary treatment(s) due to lacking either a plan that will provide the necessary drug payment sppt, and hey, my co pay for Everything I get, of which I take 3 drugs, is $5 per prescription, so for an extra 4 dollars? Thats the issue? 4 Bucks? really? Seriously?

and how is my blood pressure meds any less important than their birth control? wheres my free drugs? :rolleyes:

It's not simply because they want to have sex.

uh huh but for $9 bucks, thats NINE (or FOUR dollars) they have no argument, because in the end it isn't an argument, its a an election gimmick.

Forum List

Back