This is what happens when Gov. works it's fingers into Private sector business--

Our Government can't even run a whore house...

Do we really want the government running businesses and medical care too?

As an example:

In 1990, the Government seized the Mustang Ranch brothel in Nevada for tax evasion and, as required by law, tried to run it. They failed and it closed. Now we are trusting the economy of our country to a pack of nit-wits who couldn't make money running a whore house and selling booze?

IMHO, the government running private enterprise is just a big joke on the citizens of this country, but no one is laughing.

lol I did not know that.

You'd think with all the fucking whoring sleazy politicians we have that running a cat house would be a no brainer.

Never underestimate the incompetence of our elected officials
:lol:
really

As an example:

In 1990, the Government seized the Mustang Ranch brothel in Nevada for tax evasion and, as required by law, tried to run it. They failed and it closed. Now we are trusting the economy of our country to a pack of nit-wits who couldn't make money running a whore house and selling booze?

IMHO, the government running private enterprise is just a big joke on the citizens of this country, but no one is laughing.

Private companies are doing a horrible job in/on:

Healthcare (Blue Cross/HAP/Insurance providers)
Iraq (Haloburton/KBR/Blackwater)
Managing our Federal Reserve System (Private Bankers)

Why don't you rail about how bad they are?
bluecross is failing?
really???
thats really funny when i have asked medical workers which insurance company was the easiest/best to deal with they have ALL said BC/BS

You should give the millions of uninsured their number then if they are so great. Problem solved.

Blue Cross is failing us, not themselves, stupid.

As an example:

lol I did not know that.

You'd think with all the fucking whoring sleazy politicians we have that running a cat house would be a no brainer.

Never underestimate the incompetence of our elected officials
:lol:
really

Let's be clear: the "Co-op Proposal" is NOT a public healthcare option.

It would not be a national plan with open-access for all Americans, because some cities aren't likely to have co-ops. It would lack the bargaining clout of a national public healthcare option, so there goes our ability to cut costs. And without Government appointed oversight, co-op would lack the accountability needed to enforce quality care.

If the current "Co-op Proposal" stands, Americans would be stuck with the same broken system we have now and at the mercy of for-profit private insurance.

That's why, just like the "Trigger," the "Co-op Proposal" must be stopped.

bluecross is failing?
really???
thats really funny when i have asked medical workers which insurance company was the easiest/best to deal with they have ALL said BC/BS

You should give the millions of uninsured their number then if they are so great. Problem solved.

BC/BS can only do things for those that BUY their service

bluecross is failing?
really???

Yea, and every day/month/year more and more of us can't afford it.

Maybe you'll get it when one day only the ruling elite class can afford good healthcare. We're moving that way. And you'll never be one of them.

Maybe you'll get it when one day only the ruling elite class can afford good healthcare. We're moving that way. And you'll never be one of them.
so, your employer doesnt have a health plan for you?

WASHINGTON, June 9 - Riders on Amtrak may think that the $3.25 hot dog and the $1.50 bag of chips in the cafe car are no bargain. Neither does Amtrak. It is spending just over $2 for each dollar of food it sells on its trains, according to auditors.
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/10/national/10amtrak.html

Amtrak lacks a meaningful strategic plan that provides a clear mission and measurable corporatewide goals, strategies, and outcomes to guide the organization. Also absent is a comprehensive strategic planning process, characteristic of leading organizations GAO has studied. Also, while Amtrak has recently taken steps to improve its acquisition function, GAO found that some major departments independently made large purchases and did not always adhere to Amtrak’s procurement policies and procedures. Amtrak lacks adequate data on what it spends on goods and services, preventing it from identifying opportunities to leverage buying power and potentially reduce costs. Similarly, while Amtrak has recently reduced costs, revenues are declining faster than costs, leading to operating losses exceeding $1 billion annually. These losses are projected to grow by 40 percent within 4 years; no effective corporatewide cost containment strategy exists to address them.
• Financial reporting and financial management practices are weak in several areas. Financial information and cost data for key operations, while improved, remain limited and often unreliable. For example, Amtrak’s on-board food and beverage service lost over $160 million for fiscal years 2002 and 2003. Amtrak’s poor management and enforcement of its food and beverage contract (an outside contractor is responsible for procuring and distributing food and beverages for most of Amtrak’s trains) may have contributed to this loss. Regarding financial reporting, GAO found that Amtrak had omitted or misallocated key expenses in several areas, substantially understating operating expenses in reports that managers use to assess performance. Similarly, Amtrak has not developed sufficient cost information to target potential areas to cut.
http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d06145.pdf

Thats an even better example of a Govt. owned and operated business.

so, your employer doesnt have a health plan for you?

Remember, I don't only complain about things that are happening to me. Just like Kerry & Gore don't fight for only rich people.

And I don't want to lose my job and have what is happening to millions happen to me. So I'm being pro active on this.

WASHINGTON, June 9 - Riders on Amtrak may think that the $3.25 hot dog and the $1.50 bag of chips in the cafe car are no bargain. Neither does Amtrak. It is spending just over $2 for each dollar of food it sells on its trains, according to auditors.
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/10/national/10amtrak.html

Amtrak lacks a meaningful strategic plan that provides a clear mission and measurable corporatewide goals, strategies, and outcomes to guide the organization. Also absent is a comprehensive strategic planning process, characteristic of leading organizations GAO has studied. Also, while Amtrak has recently taken steps to improve its acquisition function, GAO found that some major departments independently made large purchases and did not always adhere to Amtrak’s procurement policies and procedures. Amtrak lacks adequate data on what it spends on goods and services, preventing it from identifying opportunities to leverage buying power and potentially reduce costs. Similarly, while Amtrak has recently reduced costs, revenues are declining faster than costs, leading to operating losses exceeding $1 billion annually. These losses are projected to grow by 40 percent within 4 years; no effective corporatewide cost containment strategy exists to address them.
• Financial reporting and financial management practices are weak in several areas. Financial information and cost data for key operations, while improved, remain limited and often unreliable. For example, Amtrak’s on-board food and beverage service lost over $160 million for fiscal years 2002 and 2003. Amtrak’s poor management and enforcement of its food and beverage contract (an outside contractor is responsible for procuring and distributing food and beverages for most of Amtrak’s trains) may have contributed to this loss. Regarding financial reporting, GAO found that Amtrak had omitted or misallocated key expenses in several areas, substantially understating operating expenses in reports that managers use to assess performance. Similarly, Amtrak has not developed sufficient cost information to target potential areas to cut.
http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d06145.pdf

Thats an even better example of a Govt. owned and operated business.

Then a private company should move in and compete with it.

And a government program should step in to compete with the healthcare companies.

And the bankers should not own the Federal Reserve.

So you proved government is bad at running things. Now prove for profit corporations would do a better job.

In fiscal year 2008, Amtrak served 28.7 million passengers, representing six straight years of record ridership. Despite this recent growth, the United States still has one of the lowest inter-city rail usages in the developed world.

In fiscal year 2008, Amtrak served 28.7 million passengers, representing six straight years of record ridership. Despite this recent growth, the United States still has one of the lowest inter-city rail usages in the developed world.
here is the reason why Amtrak isnt doing well.

Problem Finding Service: Sorry, we cannot find train service matching your request. Please try alternate stations/cities. To learn more about trains available at a particular station, please click on the 'Stations' tab above.
[Error ID: 108A]

and btw, there IS private competition to AmTrak
Greyhound, and the Air Lines
and they both provide better service

Problem Finding Service: Sorry, we cannot find train service matching your request. Please try alternate stations/cities. To learn more about trains available at a particular station, please click on the 'Stations' tab above.

True. I believe, at least in Michigan, that the Big 3 auto's killed any alternative transportation too.

PS. The title of this thread makes me want to flip the question. What happens when the private sector works its fingers into government? Like when Haloburton/Blackwater get the no bid contracts in Iraq or when private bankers own the Federal Reserve or when oil/energy companies set our energy policies.

As an example:

bluecross is failing?
really???

they treat me and my wife 100x better than Kaiser did....like i said in another post....they gave my wife 10k out of a 15k payment to them,because they felt she deserved it for her pain and suffering from the accident she was in....it was their money...they did not have to do that....just sayin....

True. I believe, at least in Michigan, that the Big 3 auto's killed any alternative transportation too.

PS. The title of this thread makes me want to flip the question. What happens when the private sector works its fingers into government? Like when Haloburton/Blackwater get the no bid contracts in Iraq or when private bankers own the Federal Reserve or when oil/energy companies set our energy policies.
now if you want to talk about no bid contracts, you have to go back further than Iraq
and i doubt you really want to do that

bluecross is failing?
really???

they treat me and my wife 100x better than Kaiser did....like i said in another post....they gave my wife 10k out of a 15k payment to them,because they felt she deserved it for her pain and suffering from the accident she was in....it was their money...they did not have to do that....just sayin....
i had Cigna for a while
and they sucked
doctors hated having to deal with them
and one medical office even had a special number you had to call for cigna coverage of things
they would not deal with them on the local level
but everyone said BC/BS was the best

now if you want to talk about no bid contracts, you have to go back further than Iraq

yea i think H/B had a few of them under Billy boy.....mmmm?

bluecross is failing?
really???

i had Cigna for a while
and they sucked
doctors hated having to deal with them
and one medical office even had a special number you had to call for cigna coverage of things
they would not deal with them on the local level
but everyone said BC/BS was the best
yup i have heard negative things about Cigna from fellow workers...

yea i think H/B had a few of them under Billy boy.....mmmm?

Yeah but Billy Boy wasn't an equity shareholder. No bid contracts go way back. Having a boardmember and direct beneficiary of the contract as an elected official is new territory.

(AP) Facing dire financial conditions, postal officials are turning to Congress for help.

Postmaster General John Potter and other top agency officials were facing the House Oversight subcommittee on the federal workforce and post office Wednesday.

The post office was $2.8 billion in the red last year and is facing even larger losses this year due to the sharp decline in mail volume in the weak economy.
Post Office Desperate For Financial Help - CBS News

NEW YORK (FORTUNE Magazine) - It's easy to feel a bit sorry for any company's chief information officer these days. The pace of technology is accelerating, and costs seem to be going up just as fast.

But for Rob Carter, the CIO of FedEx, the job may seem even more daunting. He's responsible for all the computer and communication systems that keep this staggeringly complex outfit running. He has to connect 39 hubs around the world with 677 airplanes, over 90,000 vehicles, and more than 200,000 employees delivering six million packages a day in 220 countries
FORTUNE: C-Suite: The FedEx edge - Mar. 20, 2006

There are a lot of things the private sector can do better and cheaper than the Federal Govt. sealy , transportation, mail delivery, healthcare, the fact is Govt. should not be in business at all, it should be there to regulate and defend and represent. The problem is these departments like the USPS and AMtrack become little cash cows for Senators and Congressmen as well as job shops and are nothing but money losers at yours and my expense. Think about it a moment, the tax dollars that go to fund these losers could be better spent in the marketplace promoting competetion and leading to more jobs and less lay-offs such as in MI. in the private sector because they are in business to meet those demands? When you have a sole source, like the Govt. you only need soo much in the way of suppliers and those that are not picked go out of business because they have no one else to market too. Understand?

Forum List

Back