This is seriously messed up. WTF?!?!?

Let's explain it another way.

Why not explain it like this? Turns out some of the barges hadn't been inspected and didn't have equipment to put out fires and save lives. So they were grounded until they were up to snuff.

You like fire engine analogies a lot...just pretend that a fire truck was being sent to fight a fire without the equipment to fight fires and save lives.

:lol::lol::lol:
You know... I just don't seem to be able to get through. Okay, you believe this is all on the up and up. I smell a bunch of bureauc-rats in this mess playing CYA.

Of course it's a given that Glenn Beck's comparison means squat. The difference between a raging building fire and the raging oil spill is that WHAT IF one of the other barges didn't have safety precautions, blew up, and more lives were lost? With all the, er, RAGING criticisms, that would be just added to the, er, existing fire. The Coast Guard taking precautions by covering their asses is therefore understandable. If a barge blew up because it didn't have proper safety equipment on board, ol' Glenn Beck's own hair would be on fire over it possibly causing the entire Fox newsroom to melt down.

Fine you don't like Beck's analogy because of the source. Let's explain it another way.

Calling the barges in for 'safety inspections' is the equivalent of the city comptroller refusing the fire department to send trucks to an active disaster because they are overdue one week for their oil change. After all, what if one of the trucks breaks down? The city must be careful with the equipment.
But the entire city population isn't already clamoring for the chief's head! If they were, and if a truck did break down because it skipped maintenance, the chief would be run out of Dodge.

The timing and methodology of these inspections is highly suspect. They could done a far easier method by sending out a set of cutters or other craft to the barges, checked the barge WHILE UNDER OPERATION, and if they found violations, they can write the fine there, send it in, or replenish the supplies OR tell that individual barge to shut down, go to port and meet compliance.

There's something else going on here. Either it was an innocent bureaucratic snafu that is going to cost some midlevel bureaucrat or officer his career, or it's a deliberate attempt to make the situation worse for the sake of political power because Jindal WAS being effective.

Jindal should step in and take over, just tell Obama to get the fuck out of the way
Yeah...he could have bought some fire extinguishers and life jackets himself and put them on the boats.

But he's more interested in spending time in his office sending out whining press releases about Obama.

:thup:

Jindal should step in and take over, just tell Obama to get the fuck out of the way
Yeah...he could have bought some fire extinguishers and life jackets himself and put them on the boats.

But he's more interested in spending time in his office sending out whining press releases about Obama.

:thup:

I urge you to throw off your Obama Knee Pads!

Obama is doing all he can to make sure the oil spreads so he can try to pass Cap & Trade!

We lost 24 hours of clean up, which might not mean anything to you and Obama, but its vital to people in the gulf.

Like I said, if Obama is not going to help, he should go golfing and let the grown ups deal with the problem

A leader would go to the person in charge if he had a valid complaint.

Here's something for ya Ravi;
BP Oil Spill: Against Gov. Bobby Jindal's Wishes, Crude-Sucking Barges Stopped by Coast Guard - ABC News

The governor said he didn't have the authority to overrule the Coast Guard's decision, though he said he tried to reach the White House to raise his concerns.

Apparently Obama wasn't there to pick up so what was Jindal's next move?

I haven't heard much from Jindal at all.. Obviously trying to keep a low profile and not say anything too stupid.

BP Oil Spill: Against Gov. Bobby Jindal's Wishes, Crude-Sucking Barges Stopped by Coast Guard - ABC News

The governor said he didn't have the authority to overrule the Coast Guard's decision, though he said he tried to reach the White House to raise his concerns.

I haven't heard much from Jindal at all.. Obviously trying to keep a low profile and not say anything too stupid.

Find an Adult Reading Class with Ravi

Is it just me, or does anyone else get the feeling that Jindal is less concerned with protecting his state than he is concerned about scoring cheap political points?

Why didn't he just call Obama instead of going back to his office to issue a press release?

Jindal has advice for Obama but that's about it.

Call every golf course until he finds Obama

I think it would have made more sense for Jindal to call Obama instead of going back to his office and issuing a press release.

But hey, that's just what I would have done.
yeah, dont make the person in charge(Obama) look bad huh
do it in private so it can be ignored

I think it would have made more sense for Jindal to call Obama instead of going back to his office and issuing a press release.

But hey, that's just what I would have done.
Ravi, did you read this?

"The governor said he didn't have the authority to overrule the Coast Guard's decision, though he said he tried to reach the White House to raise his concerns.

It seems the best way of handling a potential problem like this would be to send a party on board to check those possible deficiences rather than hold up vital operations, if those operations were indeed seen as being vital.

It appears that this whole affair is being treated as "business as usual", no one is really willing to think outside the box for fear of getting this asses burned.
I don't buy it. I don't believe that if Jindal called up and said that he needed to speak to the president on an urgent matter that he would not have been put through.
thats because you are a naive moron

Looks like Bobby Jindal is a big fat liar.

On Thursday night, the Incident Commander in Houma, Roger Laferriere, decided with the captain of the port in New Orleans to inspect the barges when they realized the ships did not have a certificate of inspection to demonstrate safety equipment on board. Thursday morning, the ships were inspected and grounded because they did not have the proper fire-fighting and life-saving equipment. There were also concerns about the stability of the barges. During the day Thursday, the problems were fixed, and the barges are back out on the water today.

Coast Guard defends grounding oil-sucking barges in Gulf | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

I want to hear his tape of his "call to the White House".
WOW, not one thing in that shows Jindal lied
are you fucking delusional?

Of course it's a given that Glenn Beck's comparison means squat. The difference between a raging building fire and the raging oil spill is that WHAT IF one of the other barges didn't have safety precautions, blew up, and more lives were lost? With all the, er, RAGING criticisms, that would be just added to the, er, existing fire. The Coast Guard taking precautions by covering their asses is therefore understandable. If a barge blew up because it didn't have proper safety equipment on board, ol' Glenn Beck's own hair would be on fire over it possibly causing the entire Fox newsroom to melt down.

Fine you don't like Beck's analogy because of the source. Let's explain it another way.

Calling the barges in for 'safety inspections' is the equivalent of the city comptroller refusing the fire department to send trucks to an active disaster because they are overdue one week for their oil change. After all, what if one of the trucks breaks down? The city must be careful with the equipment.

The timing and methodology of these inspections is highly suspect. They could done a far easier method by sending out a set of cutters or other craft to the barges, checked the barge WHILE UNDER OPERATION, and if they found violations, they can write the fine there, send it in, or replenish the supplies OR tell that individual barge to shut down, go to port and meet compliance.

There's something else going on here. Either it was an innocent bureaucratic snafu that is going to cost some midlevel bureaucrat or officer his career, or it's a deliberate attempt to make the situation worse for the sake of political power because Jindal WAS being effective.

Fitz...I work in the industry and have gone through several of these inspections....the USCG always follows the rules...regardless of the pressing circumstances.
sometimes, those rules need to bend
i do believe this is just such a case

Forum List

Back