This is seriously messed up. WTF?!?!?

This is Portland. The Sky is Grey. and usually, but not always, it rains.

So True or False does not matter to you. You just want to do violence to people you find annoying.

Ravi said it better:

At fires you usually see a line of cops keeping good Samaritans at a safe distance, so the fireman can get the job done without getting hurt.

True or false is the criterion. I don't like Ravi, who I think is a jerk ass. But this time the jerk ass is right. Ah, the agony of agreeing with Ravi. How will I ever recover.

But right is right, and stupid is stupid. Argue the logic, not the person.
:confused: You don't like me because I called Rush on his bullshit.

Oh, my...will I ever survive the sting.

8.gif
chamomile lotion is good for mosquito bites.
8.gif

I am after you because you defended a lie. Rush never said what Rdean quoted him as saying. Your position seems to be that since Rush is a total Douche in your estimation, any lie about him is valid to prove his douchiness to others. "Rushbo delendo est" no matter what. The higher truth justifies any lie.

Now, you want argue you don't like Rush, that is a matter of personal opinion and we can and will debate that all day and all night until the man has his last triple cheeseburger and extra large shake. But a false statement about Ravi, PI, or Rush is still false, no matter what your opinion of the person at the receiving end.
Repeating twice that the Holocaust was a long time ago is implying that Jews should get over it already.

This is a perfect example of how too much bureaucracy inhibits production.

This was the same shit that happened during Katrina.

Too many people trying to go in different directions too much red tape.

Nice to see you know you're a jackbooted hatemongering asshole who has no interest in truth. Seig heil to you jackass.

How 'bout you take that tin foil hat you are wearing, have glennbeck fashion it into a dildo, strap it on, and plug up your ass like a hole in the bottom of the ocean ... you know, loosely.
I'm not interested in your ass fetishes.

GLENN BECK!

LOL... it's just so funny to watch! I think I heard a circuit breaker kick out that time.

Yup, Beck gets the same reaction that we get from you people anytime any one of us posts a link to The New York Times. Why are you surprised? Of course there's no comparison because the rabid right believes nothing in the NYT's sourced material is true and that Glenn Beck never lies.

Well...one has to consider this. If those barges don't meet Office of Marine Inspection CFR requirements including lifejackets, fire extinguishers AND properly certified tankerman PIC/DL on board then if an accident happened the government would be liable AGAIN!!!!!
Smart move by the USCG.

Agreed.

Now tell that to the "glennbeck ZOMG OBAMA IS PURPOSELY TRYING TO DESTROY THE WORLD" crowd.

Beck doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about. If his stupid ass research staff would have bothered to look up info readily available on line he wouldn't continually make himself look like a complete ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Beck!!!! Read my fucking post!!!!!!!!!!!! Sometimes it's a good idea to get someone WHO WORKS IN THAT INDUSTRY'S TAKE ON IT BEFORE SHOOTING YOURSELF IN THE FOOT!!!!!!

I think it would have made more sense for Jindal to call Obama instead of going back to his office and issuing a press release.

But hey, that's just what I would have done.

why should he? and risk getting ignored again, like he ignored Gov. Brewer? Get a clue.

She had his complete attention, in a private meeting in the Oval Office, O clueless one.

huh... nope... still able to apply critical thinking.

And if you're not interested in being called a jackbooted nazi, quit acting like one.

Seig heil.

And if your not interested in looking like tin foil hat wearing RWL quit citing glennbeck.

Now go do some wind sprints on a rocky path while carrying scissors.
Quit citing Glenn Beck?????? BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAAAAA>gasp<AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHOHOHOHOHOHHHHEEEEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEEEEE

[Pat Grey's liberal weenie voice] how dare you use sources that debunk my politi-religion! You're not allowed to make good points or even think! Shut up and die die die die! You can't be allowed to live. Stop making me cry like a little bitch pointing out I'm acting like a jackbooted nazi cause I wanna kill those who disagree with me. Mommy! Mommy! Mommmyyyyyyyyyyy!!![/Pat Grey's liberal weenie voice]

Cowboy the fuck up Sally Frillypants and own your true politics. You make statements like this and I will call your ass out every time.

Article 15 said:
glennbeck could tell me the sky is blue and my response would be to deck him in his fat, bloated head then say, "fuck you it's sky blue."

So yeah. Till you back away from this totally dipshitted reactionary fascist point of view... seig heil.

Something tells me Glenn Beck is your hero. Best you can do?

I think governors need to start taping and releasing the tapes of conversations with the White House and show how they're being blown off or abused. That'd be funny to hear P-BO 'off the record'. See what kind of a leader he really is.

Ohhh, Richard Nixon's oval office redux? Good one! Tapes can be erased. Imagine that. E-mails can disappear. Ask Karl Rove. Videos of torture can "accidently" go missing. Per the CIA "enhanced interrogators." Why even the FBI "lost" a few tape recordings from the FAA conversations while the attacks of 911 were underway. Surprise surprise.

But it is not the same thing. It is not even an approximation of the same thing. It is sort of like saying 7 is a good approximation of PI. 65 years ago is so long ago that people who weren't even born then are now grandparents. Ragging on Germans now for the bad behavior of their great greats is pretty crass. What if 0bama's relatives fought for the confederacy? Would you rag on him for supporting slavery? 0bama's remarks to the Germans struck Rush as that crass and asinine.

And asking the Jews to get over anything is a worthless endeavor. They are still carrying on about things that happened 2400 years ago. And asking anyone to get over that is pretty darn crass.

The thing is, Rdean made a false statement. Not a misquote, not an approximation of the message, a direct lie. You are so twisted in your Rush hate that you are willing to stretch and distort and pull and warp the truth

I think it would have made more sense for Jindal to call Obama instead of going back to his office and issuing a press release.

Ravi, did you read this?

"The governor said he didn't have the authority to overrule the Coast Guard's decision, though he said he tried to reach the White House to raise his concerns.

It seems the best way of handling a potential problem like this would be to send a party on board to check those possible deficiences rather than hold up vital operations, if those operations were indeed seen as being vital.

It appears that this whole affair is being treated as "business as usual", no one is really willing to think outside the box for fear of getting this asses burned.

I agree.

The CG could have sent a launch out and done the inspections barge by barge. The barges not being inspected could have carried on.

This is what happens when Govt takes over. One giant clusterfuck.

Hell. They should let Jindal run the show then it would get done. Jeeze.

That's a great idea. I'd love to see him take over complete responsibility without having to deal with those evil government agencies like the Coast Guard. Doesn't Jidal have some swarthy southern patriots who would be happy to lend a hand?

Last edited:
Well...one has to consider this. If those barges don't meet Office of Marine Inspection CFR requirements including lifejackets, fire extinguishers AND properly certified tankerman PIC/DL on board then if an accident happened the government would be liable AGAIN!!!!!
Smart move by the USCG.

Agreed.

Now tell that to the "glennbeck ZOMG OBAMA IS PURPOSELY TRYING TO DESTROY THE WORLD" crowd.

Beck doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about. If his stupid ass research staff would have bothered to look up info readily available on line he wouldn't continually make himself look like a complete ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Beck!!!! Read my fucking post!!!!!!!!!!!! Sometimes it's a good idea to get someone WHO WORKS IN THAT INDUSTRY'S TAKE ON IT BEFORE SHOOTING YOURSELF IN THE FOOT!!!!!!

Holy crap! Have you had an epiphany? I might have to give you a pos rep before long.
:clap2:

Ravi, did you read this?

"The governor said he didn't have the authority to overrule the Coast Guard's decision, though he said he tried to reach the White House to raise his concerns.

It seems the best way of handling a potential problem like this would be to send a party on board to check those possible deficiences rather than hold up vital operations, if those operations were indeed seen as being vital.

It appears that this whole affair is being treated as "business as usual", no one is really willing to think outside the box for fear of getting this asses burned.

I agree.

The CG could have sent a launch out and done the inspections barge by barge. The barges not being inspected could have carried on.

Claudette...you are mistaken on that one....when the USCG conducts a COI (Certificate of Inspection) inspection the ship or barge MUST BE PEIRSIDE to verifiy all systems work properly PRIOR to the vessel getting underway for the sea borne inspection portion. Plus all mariner credentials must be verified through the local REC who has access to ALL merchant mariner records. You CANNOT be a crew member on a barge that carries dangerous liquids and NOT be certified.
The USCG made THE RIGHT DECISION and anyone saying anything different does NOT know what they are talking about....bottom line.

Agreed.

Holy crap! Have you had an epiphany? I might have to give you a pos rep before long.
:clap2:
I'll print the PM in gold ink and frame it on my "I love me" wall...:lol:

Of course it's a given that Glenn Beck's comparison means squat. The difference between a raging building fire and the raging oil spill is that WHAT IF one of the other barges didn't have safety precautions, blew up, and more lives were lost? With all the, er, RAGING criticisms, that would be just added to the, er, existing fire. The Coast Guard taking precautions by covering their asses is therefore understandable. If a barge blew up because it didn't have proper safety equipment on board, ol' Glenn Beck's own hair would be on fire over it possibly causing the entire Fox newsroom to melt down.

Fine you don't like Beck's analogy because of the source. Let's explain it another way.

Calling the barges in for 'safety inspections' is the equivalent of the city comptroller refusing the fire department to send trucks to an active disaster because they are overdue one week for their oil change. After all, what if one of the trucks breaks down? The city must be careful with the equipment.

The timing and methodology of these inspections is highly suspect. They could done a far easier method by sending out a set of cutters or other craft to the barges, checked the barge WHILE UNDER OPERATION, and if they found violations, they can write the fine there, send it in, or replenish the supplies OR tell that individual barge to shut down, go to port and meet compliance.

There's something else going on here. Either it was an innocent bureaucratic snafu that is going to cost some midlevel bureaucrat or officer his career, or it's a deliberate attempt to make the situation worse for the sake of political power because Jindal WAS being effective.

Of course it's a given that Glenn Beck's comparison means squat. The difference between a raging building fire and the raging oil spill is that WHAT IF one of the other barges didn't have safety precautions, blew up, and more lives were lost? With all the, er, RAGING criticisms, that would be just added to the, er, existing fire. The Coast Guard taking precautions by covering their asses is therefore understandable. If a barge blew up because it didn't have proper safety equipment on board, ol' Glenn Beck's own hair would be on fire over it possibly causing the entire Fox newsroom to melt down.

Fine you don't like Beck's analogy because of the source. Let's explain it another way.

Calling the barges in for 'safety inspections' is the equivalent of the city comptroller refusing the fire department to send trucks to an active disaster because they are overdue one week for their oil change. After all, what if one of the trucks breaks down? The city must be careful with the equipment.

The timing and methodology of these inspections is highly suspect. They could done a far easier method by sending out a set of cutters or other craft to the barges, checked the barge WHILE UNDER OPERATION, and if they found violations, they can write the fine there, send it in, or replenish the supplies OR tell that individual barge to shut down, go to port and meet compliance.

There's something else going on here. Either it was an innocent bureaucratic snafu that is going to cost some midlevel bureaucrat or officer his career, or it's a deliberate attempt to make the situation worse for the sake of political power because Jindal WAS being effective.

Fitz...I work in the industry and have gone through several of these inspections....the USCG always follows the rules...regardless of the pressing circumstances.

Ravi, did you read this?

I agree.

That's a great idea. I'd love to see him take over complete responsibility without having to deal with those evil government agencies like the Coast Guard. Doesn't Jidal have some swarthy southern patriots who would be happy to lend a hand?

LMAO

In case its escaped your notice those handling this mess sure haven't covered themselves with glory or anything approaching competence so far.

I'm sure Jindal and the other Govs of the States affected would love to" take over" as you put it and would have done a hell of a lot better job the GOVT is doing.

Ravi, did you read this?

I agree.

Claudette...you are mistaken on that one....when the USCG conducts a COI (Certificate of Inspection) inspection the ship or barge MUST BE PEIRSIDE to verifiy all systems work properly PRIOR to the vessel getting underway for the sea borne inspection portion. Plus all mariner credentials must be verified through the local REC who has access to ALL merchant mariner records. You CANNOT be a crew member on a barge that carries dangerous liquids and NOT be certified.
The USCG made THE RIGHT DECISION and anyone saying anything different does NOT know what they are talking about....bottom line.

Thanks for that info patek.

Knowlege to store for the next big leak. LOL

Let's explain it another way.

Why not explain it like this? Turns out some of the barges hadn't been inspected and didn't have equipment to put out fires and save lives. So they were grounded until they were up to snuff.

You like fire engine analogies a lot...just pretend that a fire truck was being sent to fight a fire without the equipment to fight fires and save lives.

:lol::lol::lol:

Yep, send the fire engine to the fire with the dalmatians, the firemen in bathing suits and leave the hoses back at the fire station. Not a good plan.

Ok, false analogy. Given the history of BP throughout this and other fiascoes, I would be willing to give the coast guard the benefit of the doubt had this happened two weeks ago. As day chases day, I am less and less willing to trust the bona fides of the federal officials involved. BP does not take safety seriously. We need to have people that do watching over them.

But we do have a crisis going on, and what has been told to us makes it seem that safety is not the real issue with the docking of the barges. if the deficiencies (if in deed there were deficiencies) were just things like fire extinguishers and life jackets, then taking the barges in rather than the equipment out seems the far side of stupid.

Coast Guard stops Jindal's efforts because Jindal is effective and Obama is a Iowa Class Embarrassment!

Obama is clearly NOT doing everything to mitigate the Leak, the barges were back in service after a 24 hour run around. I guess when you wait 42 days to even take the leak seriously, what's another 24 hours?

"BP Oil Spill: Against Gov. Jindal's Wishes, Crude-Sucking Barges Stopped by Coast Guard
59 Days Into Oil Crisis, Gulf Coast Governors Say Feds Are Failing Them

Eight days ago, Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal ordered barges to begin vacuuming crude oil out of his state's oil-soaked waters. Today, against the governor's wishes, those barges sat idle, even as more oil flowed toward the Louisiana shore.

"The Coast Guard came and shut them down," Jindal said. "You got men on the barges in the oil, and they have been told by the Coast Guard, 'Cease and desist. Stop sucking up that oil.'"

BP Oil Spill: Against Gov. Bobby Jindal's Wishes, Crude-Sucking Barges Stopped by Coast Guard - ABC News

From your link:

A Coast Guard representative told ABC News today that it shares the same goal as the governor.

"We are all in this together. The enemy is the oil," said Coast Guard Lt. Cmdr. Dan Lauer.

But the Coast Guard ordered the stoppage because of reasons that Jindal found frustrating. The Coast Guard needed to confirm that there were fire extinguishers and life vests on board, and then it had trouble contacting the people who built the barges.

*snip*

After Jindal strenuously made his case, the barges finally got the go-ahead today to return to the Gulf and get back to work, after more than 24 hours of sitting idle.

So they did a safety check and the barges are back sucking up oil.

Someone put Frank back in his cage.

From my OP: "I guess when you wait 42 days to even take the leak seriously, what's another 24 hours?"

It parallels the intentional damage the Demo, sorry, Neo-Nazi's are inflicting on the economy: they want to inflict as much permanent damage as they can before they're booted from office in November. It's why Obama waited so long in the first place, he needs this crisis to grow so he can dismantle the US Energy sector

Forum List

Back