This is fun -- WH TV pool bucks Obama.

What I just can't understand is that the people surrounding the President are supposed to be smarter than the average bear. I can't see how this ever got past the "I-got-a-great-idea-Mr.-President" stage and became an actual event.

Time for drug testing. Someone's smoking or sniffing something.

What I just can't understand is that the people surrounding the President are supposed to be smarter than the average bear. I can't see how this ever got past the "I-got-a-great-idea-Mr.-President" stage and became an actual event.

LOL. Particularly if it's the POTUS.

Cockiness and underestimation of the people.

The entire WH TV news pool united and told the WH they wouldn't interview one of the Czars if Fox News couldn't. The WH had earlier barred only FNC from the interview. Behold:

YouTube - White House tries to bar Fox News from intervewing pay czar

Milhous, this is what happens when you try this infantile nonsense.
I don't know if anyone pointed this out since I've not read the thread...but this turned out to be a lie.

Big Surprise!

It is official, Fox fabricated the "denied access" story ...
a fucking BLOG????

and you wonder why i call you a moron
:rolleyes:

The entire WH TV news pool united and told the WH they wouldn't interview one of the Czars if Fox News couldn't. The WH had earlier barred only FNC from the interview. Behold:

I don't know if anyone pointed this out since I've not read the thread...but this turned out to be a lie.

Big Surprise!

Not exactly:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/23/us/politics/23fox.html
hey, no fair using far right wing sources with Ravi

:lol:

Are you kidding? All such thoughts of these dolts having any brains at all went out the window with the Scare Force One flyover of Manhattan and WTC!

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=PuhznM0pFEc]YouTube - Jet Airliner[/ame]

And you didn't see any, as I showed you. You THOUGHT you did.

You WERE defending this by the Appeal to Mom deflection. Instinctively, in knee-jerk fashion. Same exact way rdupe is in another thread.

However, it's amusing to notice you fail to see the irony of Obama doing Bush-like actions, all the time. I guess for you, irony only goes one way. :lol:

That's right Midnight, be a hack and ignore the rest of my post that points out exactly what I just bolded in your post. Dishonest much? :eusa_eh:

Dude, he wasn't being dishonest...

You were trying to compare apples and orangutans... Two completely different situations... Ended up being a "yeah, but boooooosh" moment for you that didn't compare at all...
They can't help themselves Doc.... They're afraid they will be kicked out of the cult if they don't reflexively defend The Obama on each and every little thing, no matter how bad it is.

They don't realize it's okay to just say, "Yeah, this is really stupid" and leave it at that, rescuing some of their own integrity and intellectual honesty in the process.

But remember: They willingly sold out their integrity and intellectual honesty to be part of this cult to start with.

I don't know if anyone pointed this out since I've not read the thread...
That is because you are a careless, sloppy, lazy participant.
but this turned out to be a lie.
It did not. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Oh wait, this bubble was burst two pages ago. Which you would have known had you troubled yourself to at least scan the thread, perchance to not look like such a partisan, Obamaphile cultist dumbass.

The Bush administration did it last year. Fox News has been on the air since 1996.

There is a WORLD of difference between getting chaffed enough to informally stop granting interviews to one propagandist outlet, and trying to officially have it deemed a non-news network. Please. You are being completely disingenuous.

Not only is the Obama Administration NOT acting in a manner consistent with what the Bush Administration did, the formality of the Obama Administration behavior is hugely different. The President and his staff are even attempting to have other news outlets deem Fox a non-news outlet.

Pure crap.

The truth is obvious. The thin-skinned President just cannot abide the fact that Fox News refuses to simply "go along" with the Adminsitration program. The objective challenge to the public line is deemed to be personally offensive and the President and the Administration are reacting in a very petty and stupid manner.
polk cant be honest enough to admit the difference

There isn't a difference. You guys want to insist there is one because if you admitted there wasn't one, you wouldn't have anything to bitch about with being hypocrites. So instead you pretend their isn't any hypocrisy at all.

Fox News is a broadcast news outlet. It also has news commentators, opinion shows and in-depth news specials. Deal with it. Even the White House doesn't deny that.

If that line was clear, it wouldn't be an issue. The entire point is that it's not a clear line. Even Fox's so-called "news" programming promotes outlandish claims without any basis in fact. For example, they accused the Assistant Deputy Secretary for the Office of Safe and Drug-Free Schools of covering up a statutory rape (even though the person in question was of legal age). They claimed Joe Biden said "the fundamentals of the economy are strong" in a statement this year and aired video from a 2008 campaign event where he was quoting John McCain as their source.

So, which news organization(s) are you citing as being 100% accurate, 100% of the time?

I'm not claiming anyone is 100% accurate. However, there is a big difference between making a mistake on occasion and having a habit of peddling false claims.

I think it's becoming pretty clear even to the networks that the war against Fox is a deliberate attempt to keep all of them in line. Intimidation techniques....don't follow Fox stories or go into anything Fox is covering or else.... It's not necessary to actually come out and say to CNN 'don't report on this stuff or you will be ostracized, too' now is it? They get the message. At last, they have come to the aid of Fox, as they really all do stand together....a watchdog press is essential to good and fair government.

Fox News is a broadcast news outlet. It also has news commentators, opinion shows and in-depth news specials. Deal with it. Even the White House doesn't deny that.

If that line was clear, it wouldn't be an issue. The entire point is that it's not a clear line. Even Fox's so-called "news" programming promotes outlandish claims without any basis in fact. For example, they accused the Assistant Deputy Secretary for the Office of Safe and Drug-Free Schools of covering up a statutory rape (even though the person in question was of legal age). They claimed Joe Biden said "the fundamentals of the economy are strong" in a statement this year and aired video from a 2008 campaign event where he was quoting John McCain as their source.

You have links for that?

Fox was forced to retract their claims about Jennings.
Fox News Corrects False Claims About Gay Obama Education Adviser — Will Hannity Do The Same? | The Plum Line

As for the Biden video editing,
Fox News Misleads Viewers With Biden Splice (VIDEO)

Big Surprise!

a fucking BLOG????

and you wonder why i call you a moron
:rolleyes:
Not at all...you call me a moron because you have no other objection to what I post.

Excuse me....

What Bush did was what Obama did a month ago and such was widely accepted. Bush excluded NBC from an interview(s)....just as Obama did 4 sunday morning's ago. Sure, some on the right were outraged, but it was not "the big story"

But for wahtever reason, the adminsitration decided to TALK ABOUT IT TO THE PUBLIC...and DISCREDIT THEM AS A NEWS AGENCY.

That is inappropriate for a WH, and in no way shape or form did the Bush WH do it.

But to deny a news agency an interview is not out of the ordinary.....

That's not true. Fox went ballistic over not receiving an interview, going as far as to call the president a cry-baby during their news program. Furthermore, the Bush administration did the exact same thing to NBC that Obama is doing to Fox. The only difference was it was spoken in the Obama case and it was done in the form of a letter in the Bush case.

Quick query for ya, Polk.....

Which 'news program' was it that the reference to 'cry-baby' was made, and who made it?

He made it during O'Reilly's show (which is opinion programming), but noting he's the host of one of their supposed news shows, that's not a legitimate distinction. That would be comparable to if Brian Williams had went on Olbermann and trashed Bush, but then claiming that's fine, since he didn't do it on the evening news.

That's not true. Fox went ballistic over not receiving an interview, going as far as to call the president a cry-baby during their news program. Furthermore, the Bush administration did the exact same thing to NBC that Obama is doing to Fox. The only difference was it was spoken in the Obama case and it was done in the form of a letter in the Bush case.

Which 'news program' was it that the reference to 'cry-baby' was made, and who made it?

He made it during O'Reilly's show (which is opinion programming), but noting he's the host of one of their supposed news shows, that's not a legitimate distinction. That would be comparable to if Brian Williams had went on Olbermann and trashed Bush, but then claiming that's fine, since he didn't do it on the evening news.
You can't even post without nonsense. Do you lack such character that you need to post self-contradicting nonsense so that you think you may not appear so wrong? Pathetic.

There is no news program on FNC where the cry-baby comment was made. O'Reilly has never said he was a news program, FNC has never said so either.

YOU are wrong. Deal with it like a man, not like a weaseling pussy.

You can't even post without nonsense. Do you lack such character that you need to post self-contradicting nonsense so that you think you may not appear so wrong? Pathetic.

There is no news program on FNC where the cry-baby comment was made. O'Reilly has never said he was a news program, FNC has never said so either.

YOU are wrong. Deal with it like a man, not like a weaseling pussy.

It's not contradicting. Fox claims that Wallace is a journalist. A news man. Based on his statements, however, he is clearly not.

They should just invite a bunch of Internet reporters instead. Hell, the Internet is where most of we, the liberals have retired to, with not much in the ordinary corporate media left. We've got the choice of an insanely right-wing FAUX, to a center-right Olbermann.

Most people don't consider, the real right-wing nature of the media happens both economically, and in the obfuscation of some issues, like cutting the DOD budget, stopping incessant wars, no talk of repealing the Death Penalty, and the many issues that just don't get discussed anymore, even on the left.

When is the last time you've heard anyone call for full-employment, or a living wage? When have you heard an interview with Chomsky on Olbermann, or even Nader on television? Even Moore gets censored in the movie theaters, by not even offering his movie. This weekend is the first time it will be offered here, even though it's been out over a month.

I suspect they are trying to keep his numbers down early on.
Keith Olbermann center right?

Now, that's just too freakin' funny!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

That's comparable to saying that Opie Maddow is straight, and likes big hard throbbing cocks!

Olbermann is nothing more than a far left liberal nutjob who's probably on the administrations payroll. He's a shill for Obama and his sham administration, NOTHING MORE!

So, which news organization(s) are you citing as being 100% accurate, 100% of the time?

I'm not claiming anyone is 100% accurate. However, there is a big difference between making a mistake on occasion and having a habit of peddling false claims.

So they all 'spin'. Big fucking deal.

It appears to me that there are a few dumbasses who can't grasp the difference between comment and news. That makes you stupid, it does not make Fox liars.

Why does the WH hate FOX NEWS so? They have a President that has to date twice the air time then the last three Presidents combined. If I wasn't so lazy to look it up it's probably more like four times.Every
venue he goes to the press not counting FOX thank God kisses his butt.Can't the American people have at least one organization that will give us a little different perspective.The WH controls the Banks,Wall Street the car industry now they are looking to pick off the health insurance,energy sectors and also control the Press. Even the dems have to agree with this.

toon_gibbs_to_msnbc.jpg

Forum List

Back