This is fun -- WH TV pool bucks Obama.

Is Van Jones a commie? Not that I can see....did he say he was 10 or so yuears ago? YEP...THAT was the fact that I took and then read up on him...and to be honest, he is one streange character and not worthy of a WH position....why? Becuase he is a commie? No. Becuase he is a confused man...THATS WHY.

I am done with you. Yoiu are a lying hack that states assumption as fact when debating and not worthy of a debate with a real debater.

You still never addressed the link about Bush and NBC. You are a lying hack and not worthy of any time. You wouldn't know how to debate if it smacked you in the face and called you a fascist.

As for Van Jones, you're going to judge him based on the fact that he WAS a communist ten years ago? That would be like me judging Glenn Beck because he was a alcoholic in the past. It wouldn't be valid to today's discussion either way.

Yo....

Beck being an alcoholic 10 years ago, in my eyes, precludes him from ever being a bartender.

Van Jones having a personlaity that allowed him to declare himself as a communist 10 years ago, in my eyes, precludes him from working in our government.

Joe Shmoe being a safe cracker 10 years ago, precludes him from ever working in a bank.

So please...tell me....who is a loser at debating....I mean...you set yourself up for the final blow...you blow hard liar.

They should just invite a bunch of Internet reporters instead. Hell, the Internet is where most of we, the liberals have retired to, with not much in the ordinary corporate media left. We've got the choice of an insanely right-wing FAUX, to a center-right Olbermann.

Most people don't consider, the real right-wing nature of the media happens both economically, and in the obfuscation of some issues, like cutting the DOD budget, stopping incessant wars, no talk of repealing the Death Penalty, and the many issues that just don't get discussed anymore, even on the left.

When is the last time you've heard anyone call for full-employment, or a living wage? When have you heard an interview with Chomsky on Olbermann, or even Nader on television? Even Moore gets censored in the movie theaters, by not even offering his movie. This weekend is the first time it will be offered here, even though it's been out over a month.

I suspect they are trying to keep his numbers down early on.

They should just invite a bunch of Internet reporters instead. Hell, the Internet is where most of we, the liberals have retired to, with not much in the ordinary corporate media left. We've got the choice of an insanely right-wing FAUX, to a center-right Olbermann.

Most people don't consider, the real right-wing nature of the media happens both economically, and in the obfuscation of some issues, like cutting the DOD budget, stopping incessant wars, no talk of repealing the Death Penalty, and the many issues that just don't get discussed anymore, even on the left.

When is the last time you've heard anyone call for full-employment, or a living wage? When have you heard an interview with Chomsky on Olbermann, or even Nader on television? Even Moore gets censored in the movie theaters, by not even offering his movie. This weekend is the first time it will be offered here, even though it's been out over a month.

LOL!

You be all funny and shit.

Yeah: Olberman is center-right.

:cuckoo:

The media (with the exception of one or two very outnumbered reporters at the mainstream networks and a few more of the reporters at Fox News) tends to be dyed-in-the-wool far left "liberals." Their coverage is unquestionably "slanted," but the slant is nowhere near to the "right." It is absolutely to the left. Far left.

For you to make any whining complaint to the contrary just shows how dishonest you are or how desperately out of touch with reality you are.

Either way, FUNNY stuff. Not intelligent or accurate, but QUITE amusing.

:lol:

Another Saddam lover. The Butcher of Baghdad killed and tortured an average 300,000 Iraqis annually. Nice to see that you supported his brutal regime instead of a budding democracy. .

You want to talk about bending the truth but then you go ahead and say things like that. I was going to go down the line and address your points until this remark. Dishonest on your part. I highly suggest you stop using such emotional and untrue language to try and bolster your points.
Okay I edited my post to remove the word "annually". Here is a link to back-up the 300,000 Iraqi deaths.
.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/10/05/bremer.rumsfeld
Since I added the "and tortured" to the 300,000 annually it wasn't as egregious an exaggeration as you seem to imply. Certainly better than your dishonest unsubstantiated anti-Bush rants.

If you want to go line-by-line until we get to the truth.....start the refutation..

Last edited:

This is a capitalistic country young man. I admire your convictions....and equally admire your screenname....but in a capitalistic society, if it does not draw an audience, it fails. Strong liberal content does not draw. You are still a minority in this country....and thus your draw is limited and not as profitable.

Moore's movie was uncertain at the beginning...and although will make some money, there were other films that were guaranteed draws. I am glad to see it finally made it to your area as you are an American and deserve preferred entertainment as much as I do.

But until your numbers grow, you will not have the same preferred entertainment as the rest of us. There is left, center, right and far right draws....Far left is not there yet.

LOL!

The media (with the exception of one or two very outnumbered reporters at the mainstream networks and a few more of the reporters at Fox News) tends to be dyed-in-the-wool far left "liberals." Their coverage is unquestionably "slanted," but the slant is nowhere near to the "right." It is absolutely to the left. Far left.

For you to make any whining complaint to the contrary just shows how dishonest you are or how desperately out of touch with reality you are.

Hey...truth is...to the far left, Olbermann is center right.

LOL!

To the rest of the world, Olberman is far left and the ones who THINK that Olberman is center right are, themselves, SO far left that they've fallen off the edge.

LOL!

To the rest of the world, Olberman is far left and the ones who THINK that Olberman is center right are, themselves, SO far left that they've fallen off the edge.

True...but they are there non the less.

Fox is news??

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rqdtZlec0s[/ame]

Since when??

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCQ4gAAVW2k&feature=related[/ame]

They can't even show someone's picture..

Fox Noise isn't news.. It never has been news.. They lie constantly have no clue what the truth is and more often than not are simply breast feeding the right to give then what they want to hear.

Murdoch of Fox News Admits Manipulating the News for Agenda

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K2pLo8JV5Y&NR=1[/ame]

FOX News anchor walks off set over Obama-bashing

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLa6OoM5XHk&NR=1[/ame]

What a moron!!

Fox News Lies, Makes Stuff Up

Here is them lying about a video game and how Fox News seems to value some bimbo's word that admits she has never even played the game.. Even though they have a representative from the company that made it there as well.. The only frame they show to support their view is an alien's body in a post that is nothing more than what you would see out of a Sport's Illistrated bathing suit issue from any book store with children running around..

Fox is not news.. It lies and misrepresents..

Last edited:
Care to try again with specifics and a link?

Show me where Fox News was defending NBC when the Bush Administration went on the attack in 2007. Show me where President Bush gave ONE interview to the New York Times.

Several Republicans were calling for them to be freeze out.

– INGRAHAM: Now Karl, why would the White House agree to do an interview with Richard Engel? I mean, this is the guy who, you know, really didn’t want to give the surge any credit and NBC, an organization, obviously that’s called this a civil war. Now it’s kind of not gone back and changed his view on that. We’re in a recession, etcetera, etcetera. I mean, why bother really at this point? [The O'Reilly Factor, 5/19/09]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y05lVO_izCY&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Dana Perino admits that the Bush White House essentially froze out MSNBC towards the end[/ame]

PERINO: Towards the end we didn’t do a lot with MSNBC. That’s, that is the case.

And where was Fox News when Gillespie sent out that letter bashing NBC? Cheering him right on.

Even Perino admits they froze out MSNBC, meanwhile Fox tries to defend it.

They're going to argue that's different. Not because it's actually different, but because their side was doing it, so it's therefore acceptable to them.

So Fox News has the representative from the company that made the video game and a woman criticizing the game as well? So how exactly is that Fox News "Lying?" So they present both sides of the argument and that somehow = "Lying" to you warped Liberal dunces? Yea just keep on watching CNN (Communist News Network) and MSLSD. You represent their few viewers perfectly. Yikes! :(

Last edited:
Care to try again with specifics and a link?

Show me where Fox News was defending NBC when the Bush Administration went on the attack in 2007. Show me where President Bush gave ONE interview to the New York Times.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y05lVO_izCY&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Dana Perino admits that the Bush White House essentially froze out MSNBC towards the end[/ame]

PERINO: Towards the end we didn’t do a lot with MSNBC. That’s, that is the case.

And where was Fox News when Gillespie sent out that letter bashing NBC? Cheering him right on.

They're going to argue that's different. Not because it's actually different, but because their side was doing it, so it's therefore acceptable to them.

Excuse me....

What Bush did was what Obama did a month ago and such was widely accepted. Bush excluded NBC from an interview(s)....just as Obama did 4 sunday morning's ago. Sure, some on the right were outraged, but it was not "the big story"

But for wahtever reason, the adminsitration decided to TALK ABOUT IT TO THE PUBLIC...and DISCREDIT THEM AS A NEWS AGENCY.

That is inappropriate for a WH, and in no way shape or form did the Bush WH do it.

But to deny a news agency an interview is not out of the ordinary.....

YouTube - Dana Perino admits that the Bush White House essentially froze out MSNBC towards the end

Excuse me....

What Bush did was what Obama did a month ago and such was widely accepted. Bush excluded NBC from an interview(s)....just as Obama did 4 sunday morning's ago. Sure, some on the right were outraged, but it was not "the big story"

But for wahtever reason, the adminsitration decided to TALK ABOUT IT TO THE PUBLIC...and DISCREDIT THEM AS A NEWS AGENCY.

That is inappropriate for a WH, and in no way shape or form did the Bush WH do it.

That's not true. Fox went ballistic over not receiving an interview, going as far as to call the president a cry-baby during their news program. Furthermore, the Bush administration did the exact same thing to NBC that Obama is doing to Fox. The only difference was it was spoken in the Obama case and it was done in the form of a letter in the Bush case.

Fox News is a broadcast news outlet. It also has news commentators, opinion shows and in-depth news specials. Deal with it. Even the White House doesn't deny that.

Wow. It sounds like the other networks finally realized that what Obama is trying to do to Fox. could happen to them. Good for them for finally taking a stand.

It's because this had happened to them in the past. Difference is, Fox News didn't stand up for them.

Fox News didnt exist back then
and dont even start with that bullshit that Bush did it, cause he didnt

The Bush administration did it last year. Fox News has been on the air since 1996.

Excuse me....

That's not true. Fox went ballistic over not receiving an interview, going as far as to call the president a cry-baby during their news program. Furthermore, the Bush administration did the exact same thing to NBC that Obama is doing to Fox. The only difference was it was spoken in the Obama case and it was done in the form of a letter in the Bush case.

Fox had a right to go ballistic...but it was fox that went ballistic...not conservatives.

Conservatives went ballistic when the WH decided to use their authority to express their opinion as fact...and gently suggested no one follow fox news.

That is manipulation of the media.

A letter offering a gripe is not the same as announcing to the publuic an opinion but refer to it as fact.

Fox is news??

Since when??

They can't even show someone's picture..

Fox Noise isn't news.. It never has been news.. They lie constantly have no clue what the truth is and more often than not are simply breast feeding the right to give then what they want to hear.

Murdoch of Fox News Admits Manipulating the News for Agenda

FOX News anchor walks off set over Obama-bashing

What a moron!!

Here is them lying about a video game and how Fox News seems to value some bimbo's word that admits she has never even played the game.. Even though they have a representative from the company that made it there as well.. The only frame they show to support their view is an alien's body in a post that is nothing more than what you would see out of a Sport's Illistrated bathing suit issue from any book store with children running around..

Fox is not news.. It lies and misrepresents..

Anything to actually add to the debate at all or are you just here to regurgitate shit?

Despite the constant 'but, but, but..... Fox are liiiiiiiars' whine - they are, in FACT, a legitimate news organization. I know that is hard to bear - what with them being the only station that refuses to buckle under the might of the Obamanation - but there they are.

Here's the thing - on the day that any of you Whiny McWhine-Whines can evidence that any (not even all, just one) other news organization is 100% bang on accurate 24/7, then you will have a point. Until that day, shut the fuck up with the whining and debate the facts.

Excuse me....

Fox had a right to go ballistic...but it was fox that went ballistic...not conservatives.

Conservatives went ballistic when the WH decided to use their authority to express their opinion as fact...and gently suggested no one follow fox news.

That is manipulation of the media.

A letter offering a gripe is not the same as announcing to the publuic an opinion but refer to it as fact.

It didn't simply offer a gripe. The Bush letter used a lot of cagey language, but the intent was clear.

Fox News is a broadcast news outlet. It also has news commentators, opinion shows and in-depth news specials. Deal with it. Even the White House doesn't deny that.

If that line was clear, it wouldn't be an issue. The entire point is that it's not a clear line. Even Fox's so-called "news" programming promotes outlandish claims without any basis in fact. For example, they accused the Assistant Deputy Secretary for the Office of Safe and Drug-Free Schools of covering up a statutory rape (even though the person in question was of legal age). They claimed Joe Biden said "the fundamentals of the economy are strong" in a statement this year and aired video from a 2008 campaign event where he was quoting John McCain as their source.

Last edited:
It's because this had happened to them in the past. Difference is, Fox News didn't stand up for them.

Fox News didnt exist back then
and dont even start with that bullshit that Bush did it, cause he didnt

The Bush administration did it last year. Fox News has been on the air since 1996.

There is a WORLD of difference between getting chaffed enough to informally stop granting interviews to one propagandist outlet, and trying to officially have it deemed a non-news network. Please. You are being completely disingenuous.

Not only is the Obama Administration NOT acting in a manner consistent with what the Bush Administration did, the formality of the Obama Administration behavior is hugely different. The President and his staff are even attempting to have other news outlets deem Fox a non-news outlet.

Pure crap.

The truth is obvious. The thin-skinned President just cannot abide the fact that Fox News refuses to simply "go along" with the Adminsitration program. The objective challenge to the public line is deemed to be personally offensive and the President and the Administration are reacting in a very petty and stupid manner.

New Topics

Forum List

Back