This country needs a sedative.

Seriously, maybe we're drinking too much coffee.

Some little independent restaurant causes a national stir (a pizza restaurant saying it's not going to serve gays for their weddings, can we possibly break this down to something even smaller?), and everyone has to start screaming at each other. Again.

We're so broken up into little, angry grievance groups that all we do now is go from one little story to the next, everyone taking sides, everyone who doesn't fully agree with us is our mortal enemy who must be attacked and destroyed.

And it's usually the same people doing the screaming. Not everyone is like this, you know. I still think that a majority of Americans (those who don't get their opinions from MSNBC, Fox, Levin and Maddow) are more than willing to live and let live, and talk through differences like mature adults.

Not the screamers, they've gotta scream. Maybe less caffeine, huh?

Wouldn't it be nice if the public got this riled up over all the abuses committed by the government?

Oh, so name calling and personal attacks makes you right? Your silly and childish comment makes you correct? I'll consider the source and move along. But, if you have any more cute remarks, please express them and get it all off your chest. Your age? Had your morning coffee yet?
You respond to the name-calling with more of your own.

You're a Dumbass because you think politics is separate from the discussion.
Move along then.
I did NOT call you any names. I do NOT engage in name calling and personal attacks. Name calling and personal attacks are childish, silly, and uncalled for on public forums. Your age?

The age of enlightenment....
Good answer. Everyone thinks they know it all at some point in their life. We often associate "know it all" with teenage years. But, for many of us, life is one long school where we learn every single day of our lives. I'm 67 years young and learn something new every single day. I hope I never reach a point to where I don't want to learn, and to become more aware of the many influences that determine the quality of our lives, and the uncontrollable directions those influences guide us in. We are not capable of knowing everything, and some of us realize that truism early in life. But, given all of that, there are certain things that are obvious, and we must use the obvious to learn and understand the rest. We must use our reasoning and understanding, applied with simple logic, to separate the wheat from the chaff. Most of life is not rocket science, nor is it so complicated that us humans can't see realism and truth. It's only when we turn from truths that we misread and misunderstand everything else.

If we break everything down to its smallest part, to the nth degree, and follow the progression forward, we can better understand cause and effect. This principle is especially helpful in understanding our political process, how it works, and how it affects each of us, and how it affects this nation. There is a definitive process that has taken place within the political arena, and it has steadily progressed to what we're seeing and experiencing today. Not only has it affected each of us, as to our socioeconomic status in life, but it has affected the future as well. When we ignore the big picture, and focus on the "now" part of the political brotherhood, it's easy to cast blame on those presently serving, or those that have served in recent history. But, if we look at the big picture, follow the progression forward, we see that the blame falls on many previous administrations, both Democrat and Republican.

We have not been fairly represented since the 50's, and it's progressed to almost zero representation today. Looking at the actual workings of government, it reveals corruption, favoritism, cronyism, self-service, and an entity so powerful, that it basically answers to no one except itself. Yet, for the most part, we turn a blind eye to reality, and continue to place trust in them, and place our future in their hands. Most people never question how we got to this point, nor understand that it happened over many decades, and through both Republican and Democratic administrations. Most throw blame no further back than the last administration and those running the show at that time. Thus the reason Mr. Bush's name is still mentioned in many political conversations between die hard Democrats and die hard Republicans. Neither side sees that each president in recent history, has followed the same pattern and anti-America behavior as the one before them.

We have not improved, advanced, nor changed our path, during the past 60 years. We are still in a decline, and steadily tumbling down into the abyss of socioeconomic ruin. Yet, our political leaders are still playing "politics as usual", and doing so with little or no regard for us, nor for future generations to follow. I'll spare you the long list of very important issues that have either been ignored, or not properly addressed over the past 60 years. Now, take sides if you must, but remember, there are no "good guys" in politics, nor are there any that comprise "The Washington Brotherhood". Political parties are nothing more than division, a divisive element that keeps us divided and weak. Remember, the worst enemy of "The Washington Brotherhood" is a united citizenry. They fear a united public, thus works very hard to keep us divided any way they can.
At your age dementia must be kicking in.

I've got a few years left till mine kicks in. I'd like to think that it won't happen, but it seems to be something genetic.... and if you did too much Peyote in 60s you're pretty much screwed. We're both Baby-boomers. I'm more on the tail end however.

When it comes to reaching a point where you know everything, we never reach that except in our minds. Knowing right from wrong came at age 2 for me. I learned that before I could read....which was the following year. I opened my mouth once when I shouldn't have and learned quickly.
I hate to disappoint you my friend, but I have absolutely no signs of dementia. I have a very sound mind, and like my body, I give it exercise. At some point, and I hope that it's many years away, yes, my mind will not be as sharp as it once was. It happens to all of us at some point in time. These bodies aren't made to last forever, they wear out with time. As far as '"Peyote", or any other substance of the kind, I have never tried it, never wanted to, and never will. I have never ever used illegal drugs, pot, or anything else of that nature. I never wanted to. I do not drink either. I drink iced tea and coffee.

As I mentioned in the comment that you're responding to, I do not know everything, and have never claimed to know it all. I learn every single day, and will until I reach the grave. I love to learn, it's fun and very beneficial. But, I do have common sense, I can reason, and I can apply simple logic to what I do know. I've experienced a lot in my life, more than most. I have traveled and lived and worked in thirteen different states. I have even worked in Mexico for a short time. I have worked in several different industries, both large and small, and have held many positions of authority in those industries. I have raised a large family, been a business owner, and now enjoying my retirement years. I have served in the military ( USMC 1967 - 1970 ), and have worked for the U.S.D.A..

Aside from all of that, I do see reality, and I can understand what we're seeing and experiencing, and understand how we reached this point. As I mentioned, it didn't happen overnight, and it can't be fixed overnight. But, we do have to start somewhere on the repairs, else hope becomes a moot point.

Some little independent restaurant causes a national stir (a pizza restaurant saying it's not going to serve gays for their weddings, can we possibly break this down to something even smaller?), and everyone has to start screaming at each other. Again.

We're so broken up into little, angry grievance groups that all we do now is go from one little story to the next, everyone taking sides, everyone who doesn't fully agree with us is our mortal enemy who must be attacked and destroyed.

And it's usually the same people doing the screaming. Not everyone is like this, you know. I still think that a majority of Americans (those who don't get their opinions from MSNBC, Fox, Levin and Maddow) are more than willing to live and let live, and talk through differences like mature adults.

Wouldn't it be nice if the public got this riled up over all the abuses committed by the government?
YES !!!!! --- It would be very nice, very. I keep hoping for it every day. But, way too many people are still wrapped up in one political party or the other, and can't see town for the houses.

You only need to ask WHY there is such turmoil & who is doing all the yelling to find out that half of this country is trying to bully the other half.

Oh yeah.

Our priorities are warped.

If Pence and the legislature rewrite the law as they're claiming they may,

the pizzeria will have to cater gay weddings, if they cater at all.

How ironic is that....

Oxymoron: Self respecting gay couple. More like self loathing

Or in your case, just moron. Since when do gay people lack self respect?

Careful or I will report you for "being abusive" :biggrin:

So you're going to dodge the question?
Oxymoron: Self respecting gay couple. More like self loathing

You don't know any gay couples I take it?

How would you know? Oh wait, you don't

It's really important to distract the public from things like Hillary's wiped email server, Bo Bergdahl, and Lois Lerner.

What is the mindset of someone who wants to force someone else to provide a service?

The only thing being "forced" is a form of common decency that facilitates the normal, regular interactions of people doing commerce in our capitalist society.

How about if every business decided that there was some group of people out there they didn't want to do business with? Maybe that group is Christian.

You Christians want to be refused service from a variety of types of business's because you are Christian. Should people be relegated to not only shopping business for price and service, now you need to shop a business for who they (the business) DON'T want to do business with. Make sure you are in the right "group" before you stop in.

That's fucking crazy.

Did you see this ? at the end of my sentence? That means it was a question.

I didn't try and provide the answer like you did after you posed your fake question. But if you want me to answer and ask the questions, I will;

(me)
Do you know any gay couples who are full of self loathing? (you) Why no I don't. I just made up that bullshit I wrote before.

You will be a lot easier to interact with in this format. I ask you and provide you with the answer both. Cool.

Did you see this ? at the end of my sentence? That means it was a question.

I didn't try and provide the answer like you did after you posed your fake question. But if you want me to answer and ask the questions, I will;

(me)
Do you know any gay couples who are full of self loathing? (you) Why no I don't. I just made up that bullshit I wrote before.

You will be a lot easier to interact with in this format. I ask you and provide you with the answer both. Cool.

I could care less about "interacting" with you

THIS is your modern day dimocrap party, people.

You?

You're in the ditch. Convert or DIE!!

isis-iraq-war-crimes.si.jpg

too late

WHat diD you sAy?

It's really important to distract the public from things like Hillary's wiped email server, Bo Bergdahl, and Lois Lerner.

Comfort yourself with the knowledge that the "liberal media" has outed Hillary on this. And you even KNOW who Lois Lerner is. Guess Hillary, BIll and Barack don't have as much power as you pinheads think.

Forum List

Back