This board is becoming inoperable

WEATHER53

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2017
At least on my I phone. First two months were perfect, now slow loads, ad pop ups, constant rebooting, freezing
Not having this issue anywhere else so you guys need to do some clean up

At least on my I phone. First two months were perfect, now slow loads, ad pop ups, constant rebooting, freezing

You could download CCleaner, it's good at removing Malware etc.

CCleaner - The world's most popular PC cleaner & optimization tool - Piriform

For the ad pop up's, AdBlockPlus, it works for Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari and Android.

Adblock Plus - Surf the web without annoying ads!

To block ad's on your iPhone or any phone and/or tablet you can download AdBlockBrowser.

Adblock Browser

Whatever I picked up I got it from
Us message board
No issues anywhere else at any site, just when logged on her, multiple reboots requiring signing in over and over

Why would anyone surf to this site from their phone?
I had the same thought....The only time I use the web browser on my phone is to look up something -- most typically an address or phone number. Reading anything other than text messages and the sender name and subject lines of emails is about all the "web browsing" I can bear to do on a phone. Even if I could bear to make greater use of my phone's web browsing abilities, using it to read the stuff here would not be among the uses. Not saying others shouldn't, only that I will not.

That said, people who do view this site via their phone are reasonable in expecting the site will perform as speedily as is possible given their connectivity and phone's abilities.

I had the same thought....The only time I use the web browser on my phone is to look up something -- most typically an address or phone number. Reading anything other than text messages and the sender name and subject lines of emails is about all the "web browsing" I can bear to do on a phone. Even if I could bear to make greater use of my phone's web browsing abilities, using it to read the stuff here would not be among the uses. Not saying others shouldn't, only that I will not.
My thinking is that if I am on a phone, that means I am out and about doing other things. The last thing I would want to do is surf a political board while I'm out and about. That just seems to be the epitome of addiction. I barely use My phone for phone calls and the only person I even text with is the wife. Basically, My phone is for emergency issues when I'm traveling or out and about.

I would never use my phone to do anything on the Internets, I do sometimes use my phone to respond to any emails that might need an urgent response, but that's all.

My thinking is that if I am on a phone, that means I am out and about doing other things. The last thing I would want to do is surf a political board while I'm out and about. That just seems to be the epitome of addiction. I barely use My phone for phone calls and the only person I even text with is the wife. Basically, My phone is for emergency issues when I'm traveling or out and about.
I too think of my phone as a phone and almost not at all as a computing device.

When I have something to say to someone, I say it in person, over the phone or in a voicemail message. I even more often call rather than text-back to reply to people who send texts to me.

This reply is admittedly off topic, but I detest the effect cell phones are having on people. Besides how addictive they are, people are so RUDE. Ignoring flesh and blood human beings, and having loud public inane one way conversations or playing music, I want to go back in time to when there weren't cell phones. Cell phones should just be for used emergencies.

I have experienced none of these issues.

This reply is admittedly off topic, but I detest the effect cell phones are having on people. Besides how addictive they are, people are so RUDE. Ignoring flesh and blood human beings, and having loud public inane one way conversations or playing music, I want to go back in time to when there weren't cell phones. Cell phones should just be for used emergencies.

No. Too bad. Times change, deal with it.

Forum List

Back